June 2017 Disneyland Check In!!!

I'd say it's pretty similar. We're staying at the Sheraton Park the first night of our trip and have stayed there 3 times before and I'd say it's about the same as Boardwalk to Epcot. I'd guess it's shorter (or at least feels shorter) than the walk from Boardwalk to DHS - although the last time I did that walk I'd just changed from one wedding dress to another than sprinted to DHS from our room at the Boardwalk... and it felt really, really long in August!
...does that help? Sorry I've been up all night at work lol.

Yes it does! I think we may try it. It's about $400 cheaper than the best offer I could get at the Disneyland hotel. Do you happen to know whether they will store your luggage after checkout by any chance?

As far as I know they will. I've only ever had them store it until about noon but haven't heard of any limits.

We are planning June 11-15th. Homewood Suites Convention Center. Its our daughters redo trip. We were there in January and she got stomach flu and spent most of the trip in the hotel room.

I'm on the road for my March trip to Disneyland. On a bus. With 40 middle school students. But, Disneyland.

Seriously, though, these are really great kids and chaperoning them in the parks and going to their behind the scenes Magical Music Day classes is pretty special. It's just not the same as planning my June trip where I control what we do and when we do it (with input from my younger DD, of course).

If anyone has something they would like for me to check on in person while I'm at the parks, please know me know. If at all possible, I'll check it out for you.

Jealous! That's about what we used to pay. Now it's over $400 RT. Blech.

So I am excited about the rumor of the electrical parade sticking around until August! I hope it turns out to be true.

Can you let us know how that parade policy is working out?

At 12:30, there was a woman sitting on the curb of the Hub directly across from the castle who was obviously saving spots. She had a stroller, jackets, and water bottles spread out all around her. I'll swing by in a couple of hours to see if she's still there. Other than that, I saw no blankets or obvious spot saving at 12:30. Just people who looked like they were sitting to eat or relax.

Can you let us know how that parade policy is working out?

At 12:30, there was a woman sitting on the curb of the Hub directly across from the castle who was obviously saving spots. She had a stroller, jackets, and water bottles spread out all around her. I'll swing by in a couple of hours to see if she's still there. Other than that, I saw no blankets or obvious spot saving at 12:30. Just people who looked like they were sitting to eat or relax.

Jealous! That's about what we used to pay. Now it's over $400 RT. Blech.

So I am excited about the rumor of the electrical parade sticking around until August! I hope it turns out to be true.

Where did you hear this? That would be nice to know. I wanted to see the 60th parade, but if it's true the ELP is sticking around it means we don't have to see it on Sunday the 18th.

Where did you hear this? That would be nice to know. I wanted to see the 60th parade, but if it's true the ELP is sticking around it means we don't have to see it on Sunday the 18th.

I saw it and posted it earlier today, but the website has reverted back to June 18th at this point.

Do you think they would let you know how long the Red Rose Tavern is going to be around?

There was a CM at the RRT making an announcement that there were no more rose cups for the day. He seemed to be someone with a certain amount of authority and I told him I'd be coming back in June and asked if he thought the Tavern might still be around. He said "Yes" so emphatically that I'm guessing it's probably sticking around for awhile due to its popularity.

I had the Garden Mozzarella flatbread pizza (it was okay, the crust was a little limp for flatbread), the gray stuff (and it was delicious but a little too sweet and it could easily be shared), and Gaston's Famous Brew (also a little too sweet, but tasty).

The 19th is the week we are going. There are a few more local blockout dates during that week, which may help with crowds. However, the following week may be less busy. It's so hard to tell though as crowds are pretty unpredictable lately. I think the two weeks will overall be very similar with 8AM openings and midnight closings for DL. Grad parties will be over.

We decided on the last week -- due to family schedules. Can't wait! We are frequent WDW visitors, but this is our first trip to Disneyland!

Saw a post on a Facebook page (Perlster Pix) that said the Disneyland Park Monorail trains won't be running from Monday, May 15 through Friday, June 16. I looked around to see if there was any official word elsewhere, but so far I haven't found anyone else mentioning it. Thought I'd post the heads up since, if true, this would impact some of our group here.

Saw a post on a Facebook page (Perlster Pix) that said the Disneyland Park Monorail trains won't be running from Monday, May 15 through Friday, June 16. I looked around to see if there was any official word elsewhere, but so far I haven't found anyone else mentioning it. Thought I'd post the heads up since, if true, this would impact some of our group here.

Ugh! I really hope that's not true. We are staying at DLH and I was counting on the Monorail to save us some walking when we head back to the hotel in the evening.

Ugh! I really hope that's not true. We are staying at DLH and I was counting on the Monorail to save us some walking when we head back to the hotel in the evening.

Yeah, I hope it's not true. We're there later in the month, but those dates are a little too close for comfort. With all the other stuff that's down, I would not be happy about missing the monorail as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter