June 2017 Discounts

This was for the same room category... I've been keeping a spreadsheet with options waiting on the discounts to pull the trigger...:coffee: (yes, I'm one of those spreadsheet people).

I had wanted to book at POR over a month ago, and there has been NO availability there at all. I may have to do a split stay... this is a 9 night trip, and I can get the first 7 nights at POR... NOTHING at POR after that. Am considering doing CBR despite the construction to get the GC as that would pay for meals for the 2 of us, and a king bed is available for our dates, or PORFQ king bed as well. But POFQ doesn't typically get the room discounts.

What is the GC offer at CBR?

Ugghhh... still nothing!

I know!! so frustrating. I finally booked POR with Orbitz for 15%, but it ended up costing me $400 more than when I first started looking since standard or garden rooms were no longer available and I had to book a RR, which was my only option. I am hoping for a discount to rebook for a savings! And, I could only get my last 7 nights there, so I still need to decide what to do with the first couple. We may do Universal for a night, or maybe even AKL for a few, but that will all depend on what I can save when Disney releases their discounts. I am not feeling overly confident that POR will be included in the discounts at this point, since I assume they will want to entice guests to CBR or CS resorts. Waiting, waiting (not so patiently).....

Does anyone believe the delay in getting the summer discounts out is a function of Pandora.............and Disney doesn't really need them?

Doug :goofy:

Does anyone believe the delay in getting the summer discounts out is a function of Pandora.............and Disney doesn't really need them?

That's an interesting point. These things don't happen by accident. It's possible that hotel occupancy rates are filling ahead of their goals. No need to start dropping price if people are booking the more expensive rates.

That's an interesting point. These things don't happen by accident. It's possible that hotel occupancy rates are filling ahead of their goals. No need to start dropping price if people are booking the more expensive rates.
There is no denying that the late spring discounts through the beginning of June were less than last year. And one would assume that they offered less of a discount because they don't "need" to offer a big one because occupancy is up. And those discounts were released before the Pandora announcement. So, one would think that occupancy may be up even more for summer, with the announcement.

But who really knows what Disney is doing these days?

So the CBR gift cards are only being offered on reservations made prior to 03/19... Do you think that's a sign that the discounts will be released on or around that time?

So the CBR gift cards are only being offered on reservations made prior to 03/19... Do you think that's a sign that the discounts will be released on or around that time?

Nvm saw the post on the other thread. This is weird because it says up until June 2018 which you can't book yet. Makes me wonder if this is true or not.

Last edited:
We are going the week of June 17. So many resorts are booked. All of the epcot resorts including Swan and Dolphin, CS, por & pofq are all sold out. I am thinking this has to do with Pandora. I have been going this week ever since we were married there 10 years ago and never saw it at this occupancy.It is always busy with end of school and Father's day but this is extreme (yacht club closure could be infuencing the EPCOT resorts I guess.)

So here's a question for the experts. If one category of a resort is sold out, will an ap rate be applicable? We have garden wing at CR booked but it sold out this week. I am wondering if hoping for an AP code is a waste of time. I was hoping to just adjust not cancel and rebook.

Nvm saw the post on the other thread. This is weird because it says up until June 2018 which you can't book yet. Makes me wonder if this is true or not.
I think you can book a room only reservation up to 499 days in advance (I'm not exactly sure that's the right number but it's 400 something), you just have to call in.

Where are the discounts? Weren't they out around March 14 last year?

Yes; March 14, 2016 was the release date. I'm watching for them, too. I'm surprised, but maybe the resorts are full without needing to discount. I don't believe it is Pandora driven myself.

We are going the week of June 17. So many resorts are booked. All of the epcot resorts including Swan and Dolphin, CS, por & pofq are all sold out. I am thinking this has to do with Pandora. I have been going this week ever since we were married there 10 years ago and never saw it at this occupancy.It is always busy with end of school and Father's day but this is extreme (yacht club closure could be infuencing the EPCOT resorts I guess.)

So here's a question for the experts. If one category of a resort is sold out, will an ap rate be applicable? We have garden wing at CR booked but it sold out this week. I am wondering if hoping for an AP code is a waste of time. I was hoping to just adjust not cancel and rebook.

Hi - I didn't know the yacht club was scheduling a closure - we have a room booked there the end of June - do you know when? Thank you!

I thought we had the discounts this morning.........the MDE went into STITCH MODE!:-) for about 45 mins. But alas...........nothing.:oops:

I feel like a detective from the 60's working a stakeout :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter