Jumping into June - June 2022 W.I.S.H. thread

@ShannyMcB We've used Jansport backpacks. They will fix them if they break, and we've done that quite a few times!

wahoo DS2 and family came for dinner tonight. vegetarian shepherd's pie with a side of fresh strawberries. mmmm

wahoo I've taken the next two days off. Eager for my four day weekend!

Think we may go pick some strawberries tomorrow. Maybe just a few because we're heading to visit the newest member of the family and fresh picked strawberries do not last. Our grand nephew is five weeks old and I can't wait to snuggle with him!!

Whoooohooo Wednesday was jam packed for me and I am just now catching up!!

Whooohooo DD finally decided yesterday afternoon at youth group that she wanted to attend camp with the group next week!!! She actually decided against it originally and yesterday was the deadline but the youth leader called the camp and they got her in so she’s registered and paid for!! She leaves Monday afternoon! I am so proud and excited for her, she’s never ever done anything like this. I am excited for her to have this experience. She’s going into high school and I think this will be something she always remembers and hopefully give her some confidence to become and bit independent from her dad and I.

@piglet1979 Piper and DD are adorable I love the picture

@Summer2018 enjoy your first day of break

@Oneanne good luck with your car-fingers crossed

@glss1/2fll enjoy your days off
I hope everyone had a great Wednesday!

I am grateful for getting back to a healthier place mentally, emotionally, and physically. It is scary that I can be triggered so easily and go back to a dark place, but I guess that is what makes me human. All of the work I have done on myself over the last 28+ years has really paid off. I struggle for a shorter period of time than I used to, and I am able to rebound and get centered again.

I am grateful for the next 8 weeks of summer break. I plan on using this time to focus on my health. My DD works full-time now, and I no longer have my girl with me every day on vacation. I have a schedule for myself: a morning house project; 30 minute treadmill; healthy lunch; 30 minute pool exercise; reading and swimming in the sunshine; shower; make dinner; relax with hubby. I plan on having friends over a couple of times a week to enjoy the pool with me, especially my school BFF.

I'm grateful to be going to my nephew's restaurant this weekend for the first time since 2019. We will be taking the ferry to get there which is also a first since Covid hit. It's going to be HOT and sunny, so we will sit on the boat deck with the ocean breeze keeping us cool. It will be wonderful to see my family for something fun instead of tragic. DD and I plan to share a meal so that I can keep my calorie consumption down. She and my husband will share an appetizer, so she won't be hungry. I don't plan on ordering a cocktail either, but I will have a sip of hers.

I'm grateful that we are leaving for our vacation one month from today. It will be very emotional since it is the destination where my parents took me every summer from birth. We will see old friends; my parents' and my old stomping grounds; my favorite beaches, restaurants, and town. It will do me well. I just pray that nothing happens to stop this very special trip from happening, because I really need this.

Thank you, thank you, thank you Tom's Automotive for getting my car back to me. I picked it up after work yesterday and headed right to the grocery store. Then I drove the long way home, down by the beach. At 8:45pm I thought heck, I could go for a drive right now if I wanted to, and I did want to, so I did the beach loop again, at sunset. This morning I drove the beach loop and stopped at Starbuck's for breakfast. This here is one happy gal.

Thank you Mother Nature for the lovely weather you are gifting us for the next week. Bright sunny skies already this morning and temps up in to the 80's, which is a bit warm for this area but man is it going to feel good.

And thank you to myself again this week. Mid-day yesterday I got really angry at work stuff and knew to get up move away from the computer and move around to physically work it off, which really helped to relieve the pressure.

Thankful today that I get to spend the day with my 3 month old niece tomorrow, can’t wait to watch her all day!!

Thankful DD is healthy enough to attend summer camp. I am still in awe of her progress and healing. So thankful I can’t even put it into words.

Thankful for the lovely weather
For work sponsored/promoted mental health and wellness calls
For being able to listen to one such call while on a nice walk outside

Today was a dozy. Had 2 people out and one with a broken computer so she ended up out for most of the day too. It became clear the phone I ordered from best buy is not showing up any time soon so I canceled that and went to verizon to just get a phone there...and they made me schedule an appointment. Which is fine but there should be a sign or notice on their website that this is a thing at that location. And its not like I walked in at closing, it was a full half hour before. And I narrowed what i want down to two phones it's just was just a matter of deciding which felt better in my hand! Thankfully even though my phone is on it's way out it's not awful yet so i have some wiggle room but dang it's a phone not a car it shouldn't be this hard!

Oh hello there Friday, Friday, Friday!

It looks like I will be able to go to my Sister's for the 4th of July, so I'm not going to do the country-loop road trip this weekend after all. That means hitting up my local nursery sometime today for a couple plants, because there will be no getting close to it tomorrow. Same with the park and local beach, if I want to go for a walk it will need to be early in the morning.

Sunday I finally get my hair cut, halleluiah. Between her being sick and me being car-less I went three extra weeks and feel very hairy. When I made the appt Wednesday I was thinking I might start growing out my bangs, so Thursday morning I tried actually styling my hair to see how much would need to grow (it's short and is usually randomly tussled and airdried) and low and behold I do have bangs! Mission accomplished.

Other things to be done over the weekend... run down to the mall and return a couple things, work in the yard/garden and bask in the sunshine and warm temps.

I am doing my Thankful one day late. This morning I had my 6 month follow up on the spot that showed up on my mammogram in December. I had a mammogram and ultrasound this morning. The ultrasound tech let me know that it was just a cyst. I am guessing she really wasn't supposed to tell me but she did. She said she understood the wait so I am guessing she has been through this before. I am still waiting for the official word from the doc but I am feeling more at ease. So I am thankful that it seems that there is nothing to worry about.

Happy Friday!!!

Today I am babysitting my niece all day! She’s been a gem so far ❤️🥰❤️ She was smiley and happy to see me, which melted my heart.

Excited the rain from the past 2 days has stopped, finally! Should be a hot and sunny weekend…but none sign of the sun yet!

Summer Social Saturday:

favorite ice cream flavor ________________________
swimming - ocean, lake, or pool? ______________________
love the heat or hate it? ______________________
summer TV habits _______________________
childhood summer vacation memory _____________________

favorite ice cream flavor - chocolate peanut butter cup

swimming - ocean, lake, or pool? - all three

love the heat or hate it? - it's a mood thing

summer TV habits - binge-watching an old show to make up for the lack of new ones

childhood summer vacation memory - driving to Pennsylvania to visit family, and always stopping at the same gift shop on the way, that had the best taffy!

Summer Social Saturday:

favorite ice cream flavor: Ben & Jerry's Phish Food
swimming - ocean, lake, or pool?: I grew up on a lake that was very clean and free of algae and it spoiled me from every other lake I have ever gone swimming in. I have a pool and love it. Once the issues with the inspector and the heater are resolved, I will love it even more. I also love the ocean especially when it's crystal clear and you can see to the bottom, so I don't enjoy swimming in Long Island Sound.
love the heat or hate it?: I much prefer the heat when I can be outside and active or have access to A/C. I hate it in my classroom.
summer TV habits: Always looking for something new to watch at night.
childhood summer vacation memory: The vast majority are in Cape Cod...playing on the beach & sand dunes; body surfing in Cape Cod Bay; bonfires on the beach; lightning bugs; fireworks by the ocean; cannonballs in the pool; drive-in movies in Wellfleet; people watching in Provincetown; boutiques, art galleries, and watching fudge being made in the candy shop window.

We had a beautiful day on Long Island yesterday. The boat ride was wonderful, and dinner was sublime. In the first photo is another ferry going the opposite direction. The second photo is the view from my seat.
62A36A0F-481B-40A3-9F9C-03B52B836500.jpeg
47E97086-9F74-421D-8B97-97CF1858B2A0.jpeg

Today is designated for preparation for our upstairs bathroom gutting and renovation beginning tomorrow. The house is 102 years old, so God only knows what they will find. When our downstairs bathroom was renovated, there were old letters in the walls.

Later on today, DH and I will no doubt go in the pool, and that will be my form of self-care.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts