Jumping into June - June 2022 W.I.S.H. thread

PollyannaMom

I was a click-clack champ!!
Welcome to the June 2022 W.I.S.H. (We are inspired To Stay Healthy) thread: Let's jump in and make it a great June!

We're here to support each other with kindness as we each work on becoming or staying healthy during these trying times. Everyone is invited, and we're looking forward to catching up with regulars and welcoming newcomers. So, hop aboard and post your personal goals.

We have weekly volunteer hosts and typically follow a Monday-Sunday format:

MOTIVATION MONDAY
TOPIC TUESDAY
WOOHOO WEDNESDAY
THANKFUL THURSDAY
FREE FOR ALL FRIDAY
SOCIAL SATURDAY
SELF-CARE SUNDAY

Starting off June with a Wednesday

Colorful Woo Hoo.jpg
What are you celebrating today?

Intro: Nicole, 51, living in Massachusetts with DH and DS (home from college for the summer) and assorted pets

Goals: hit my target exercise minutes for June (that's another thread) and choose mostly healthy snacks

WooHoo Wednesday: celebrating a great deal on a new patio set for the back deck!

I am Stephanie from Ohio. Live is busy with 2 high schoolers. DD just decided to play soccer again this year so the fall will be nuts again. Booth kids playing HS soccer and marching band and DD also does horse back riding.

I am woohoo the end of the school year. Finals are this week. Yesterday they were supposed to take 3 exams but each kid only had to take 2. DS got to go in early and DD got to leave early. Today neither have an exam so they got the day off. Tomorrow they each have to take 2 and then at 11 they will be out for summer. I don't normally get gifts for the kids teachers any longer but I did for DD's as well as her principle and councilor. I could not thank them enough for all the special attention they have given DD this year, especially this spring. Her principle would randomly check in on her throughout the day. He was awesome and so encouraging to her. Plus all of them have listened to me worrying bout everything. They have helped me as much as her. Each got some sort of coffee mug/travel mug with Hersey kisses, a pretzel bar and chocolate bar from a local chocolate place. DD picked each mug with extreme thought of there personalities. I hope her teachers are just as good next year.

Woohoo... it's a new Wednesday, a new month and the month of the longest days!
Woohoo... the weather turned out to be pretty nice yesterday and I got out to mow the front yard after work. Today it is overcast but expected to get up in to the 70's, so woohoo for that as well.
Woohoo... Sunday I head to the ocean for my working beach break. Mon/Tues/Weds it is forecast to not rain, so I'm expecting to be able to get in a lot of outdoors time, including pre-work beach walks in the morning.

So again in May I didn't achieve any of my goals. I'd like to credit the Mercury retro-grade for part of this, being dragged backwards over old unresolved stuff and all... but mostly it's just me. Since June is my birthday month, it is also my personal New Year, so I'm taking it as a new fresh start.

Goals for June continue to be:
- More steps, maintaining an average of 5000 per day
- Less dairy, sugar and gluten
- More consistency in taking care of myself and my home.

Intro:
I'm Summer, 57.
I live in coastal Connecticut, an hour outside NYC.
Living with...DH 62 & DD 24.
Working as...Kindergarten Teacher in an inner city public school.
Looking forward to...SUMMER!!! and everything that comes with it!!!
Favorite place...Seashore.
Hobbies...Art, swimming, reading, singing.
June 2022 Goals...Continue to lose the baby weight using NOOM (Yes, it’s been 23 years of struggling); walk daily; learn how to be more flexible and handle stress better; keep my eye on the prize; and BELIEVE IN MYSELF!

Intro
Shannon, 39
Living with DH, DS9, DS7 AND DD in RI
Working as a biz analyst for a large-ish bank
Hobbies honestly I don't have time for much right now...reading when I get a chance
Goals hit 5000 steps a day, engage in more mindful eating practices, tighten up the tummy and thighs regions, cook at home more often

Woowhoo its Wednesday and I managed to stay awake! Not sure why but i have been exhausted! Lots of stress and being on edge...thankful mercury retrograde is almost over it is subconsciously draining!

I'm Linda, an empty-nester from the Pacific NW. Goals are to just keep plodding along making healthy decisions.

So I made the decision to have retirement cake and punch today at a work party. Not the healthiest, but it was certainly yummy. And it was the first party we've had in two years!! Lots of fun for everyone.

Wahoo for surprise visits from DS2. He stopped by for a bit today. It was lovely to see him.

I’m Danielle
Late 30s, mom of 3 living with DH, DD, 3 dogs and assorted little pets
DS1 and DS2 are out in their own but live very close.
Goals for June are going to be to meet my movement goal each day on my Apple Watch! I struggle with that even if I workout I can’t seem to easily meet that goal!

Thankful DS2 is healing well from his burns, he is looking better everyday. Thankful he got his truck fixed and him and his girlfriend made it home safely last night. I was grocery shopping around 9pm and he called me and my heart sank I thought he broke down again on the way home but he was calling to say they made it home ❤️ So thankful things were not worse for him.

Thankful today for safe and uneventful travels for us yesterday!!

We arrived in Florida on time and settled into our rental home which is absolutely wonderful.

Thankful for time with my family and time off work this week!

Thankful for some sunshine and blue skies this morning, but never fear it is supposed to rain this afternoon.
Thankful for kitty cuddles.
Thankful my schedule isn't full of meetings today, and hoping it will lead to some quiet time to concentrate and get some actual work done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter