July Crowds How Bad

Scott H

<font color=red>First to Magically cross from King
We were at DLP before our Africa trip in January and had a great time. I am thinking of a surprise trip to DLP this July for our anniversary. I know the weekends are supposed to be pretty crowded, so how bad are the week days? It would be the week of July 21. I would avoid the parks on the weekend and maybe take a trip to Normandy to see the Beaches and pay my respects, or maybe just a day in Paris.

Thanks much,

A mid-week visit in the summer is my favourite time to visit DLP. The crowds are quite heavy, although the end of July is slightly better than August (the traditional time for French family holidays) and mid-week is better than the weekends.

Although mid-afternoon queues for some of the more popular attractions can reach longer than an hour, the extended opening times (9am to 11pm in Disneyland, 9am to 8pm in the Walt Disney Studios) gives lots of opportunities to ride your favourite attractions early or late in the day avoiding the worst of the lines. Summer opening times also have the full parade and entertainment roster. All this, combined with FastPass, make it relatively easy to ride all your favourite rides without being unduly worried about long waiting times.

One of the best things about visiting at this time of year is being in Disneyland after dark. It really is a magical place, and a warm summer evening at DLP just can't be beat!

Regards

Rob

Thanks much for the information. Sounds favorable to me. Can go back to hotel for the mid-day and hit the pool.

Now to see if I can arrange time off for my wife with her supervisor.

The extended summer opening hours give lots of time to pop back to the hotel for a midday swim/sleep. As you know, all the on-site hotels are within walking distance, so it's easy to return to base.

Regards

Rob

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter