July 22nd, 2023 - 10-Night Iceland, Norway, and France Cruise from Southampton to Copenhagen

Has anyone booked private excursions if the ones they wanted were sold out? We are silver, but everything was booked by the time I logged in (one hour after it opened). Bummed, but looking for solutions! --The Coffee Crew

Has anyone booked private excursions if the ones they wanted were sold out? We are silver, but everything was booked by the time I logged in (one hour after it opened). Bummed, but looking for solutions! --The Coffee Crew
I booked a private excursion for our Reykjavik day since we are docked for a long time. Found it on Viator and then booked with the company directly on their website.

Who is getting as excited as I am for this cruise? I just booked a tour of buckingham palace since we will be there during the time it’s open to the public.

I just booked that too!
Great minds think alike 😊. I looked at Tivoli gardens today and it doesn’t look like anything needs to be booked in advance. Tomorrow I’m investigating the Harry Potter Studio tour for our other day in London. I gave a two day padding in case there’s any airline issues.

We've never done a European cruise before. Looking forward to it, but surprised that Disney removed the *GT option right around the same time that many of the excursions sold out. I feel fortunate that we found the VGT rate when still available. (we wouldn't have booked if we had to pay the 4-5K more than it is now.) We're silver so we booked excursions at midnight at 90 days. We got all of our first choices that were really important to us and our second choice in 2 cities.

All of the excursions in France and many of the others are completely sold out now. Since it looks like the ship has at least 300 cabins still available, do you think they will add any excursions? With our very limited time in France (on a Sunday no less, with few businesses and no car rental agencies, open) I personally wouldn't do a self or outside tour there. I'd be too worried about missing the ship. We got an excursion in Cherbourg, so I'm set, but I'm wondering how Disney is going to sell many more cabins with almost no excursions available.

Just looking for prior experience with this sort of situation. Is it worth checking to see if more excursions get added. If ones we like better do open up, we'd just reserve the new one and cancel the current one, so it would still leave open spots for new people.

I definitely think that the combination of no excursions left and just how close it is to sailing is why they have stopped offering GTY rooms. Last minute cruises to Europe and having to get airfare are probably not booked too often. The Iceland ports besides Reykjavik are so small that there’s really not a lot of excursions that I could find to book on your own. It’s just going to be exploring the little port towns on your own and/or hoping there’s a taxi you can hire for the day. I doubt that more different excursions will be added, only maybe more buses to fit more people on the current ones.

I got my luggage tags in the mail today!! 44 days to go. I also booked the Harry Potter studio tour with a stop in Oxford too. The tour was sold out for 7/21 on the WB studio site but I found the round trip bus tour package on get your guide if anyone else is interested.

Looking for some advice on getting from Heathrow to our hotel in central London. (I know the train would be fast and cheap, but we need a car. I'm still recovering from some surgery and cannot manage luggage and we'll have too much for Hubby to reasonably handle on his own.)

I've checked some of the car services people have talked about on here and they seem to be in the 100+ GBP range. But, if I look at a black London taxi, they seem to be in the 80-90 GBP range.

Am I getting the wrong end of the stick? We're arriving mid morning, so a taxi should be good, but if I can save a significant amount, I'm absolutely open to booking a car service.

TIA.

Looking for some advice on getting from Heathrow to our hotel in central London. (I know the train would be fast and cheap, but we need a car. I'm still recovering from some surgery and cannot manage luggage and we'll have too much for Hubby to reasonably handle on his own.)

I've checked some of the car services people have talked about on here and they seem to be in the 100+ GBP range. But, if I look at a black London taxi, they seem to be in the 80-90 GBP range.

Am I getting the wrong end of the stick? We're arriving mid morning, so a taxi should be good, but if I can save a significant amount, I'm absolutely open to booking a car service.

TIA.
We Ubered from the airport last time we went to london and it was cheaper than the black taxis. I only have the car service it’s with twelve transfers set up for our transportation to the port. Getting an Uber was very easy all around the city of london.

I just got a notification from concierge shoreside that my 1/2 day D-Day landing excursion the time was changed from 8:30 am to 11:30am. They must be having trouble because of it being a Sunday.

My family including my husband and 9 yo son are thrilled to be joining you on this cruise! This will make our 5th Disney cruise and first time to Iceland. We are super excited to be returning to Norway (which we LOVE) and can't wait to spend a few days in the UK before embarking!
We will be there with our 8 and 9 year old girls!! Glad to know there are others the same age traveling!

I’m so excited we are getting so close to sail date. I picked up my foreign currency yesterday for the ports to have some $ to spend and felt rich having an Icelandic Kronur that says 10000 but alas it’s only worth $72. I’m mentally packing already and will get all the toiletries packed in the next few days.

Is there an itinerary posted that we missed: formal night, or a themed party night, or something to that affect?

Is there an itinerary posted that we missed: formal night, or a themed party night, or something to that affect?
I don’t think they post that until we have access to the navigator but I believed there’s a formal, semi-formal and a frozen themed night instead of pirate night, from reading past threads her on the DIS. We aren’t going to go all out for formal night as we are only bringing a carry on and a bookbag each but we will have dresses and the guys will wear dress shirts and ties minus the jackets since they are no longer required for Remy.

I don’t think they post that until we have access to the navigator but I believed there’s a formal, semi-formal and a frozen themed night instead of pirate night, from reading past threads her on the DIS. We aren’t going to go all out for formal night as we are only bringing a carry on and a bookbag each but we will have dresses and the guys will wear dress shirts and ties minus the jackets since they are no longer required for Remy.
Thank you, appreciate the advice

We've never done a European cruise before. Looking forward to it, but surprised that Disney removed the *GT option right around the same time that many of the excursions sold out. I feel fortunate that we found the VGT rate when still available. (we wouldn't have booked if we had to pay the 4-5K more than it is now.) We're silver so we booked excursions at midnight at 90 days. We got all of our first choices that were really important to us and our second choice in 2 cities.

All of the excursions in France and many of the others are completely sold out now. Since it looks like the ship has at least 300 cabins still available, do you think they will add any excursions? With our very limited time in France (on a Sunday no less, with few businesses and no car rental agencies, open) I personally wouldn't do a self or outside tour there. I'd be too worried about missing the ship. We got an excursion in Cherbourg, so I'm set, but I'm wondering how Disney is going to sell many more cabins with almost no excursions available.

Just looking for prior experience with this sort of situation. Is it worth checking to see if more excursions get added. If ones we like better do open up, we'd just reserve the new one and cancel the current one, so it would still leave open spots for new people.
Hi Deb - have you received your GTY room assignment yet?

There have been some openings in excursions over the past few days. Seems like some folks are giving up their spots. You might want to check them a couple of times a day. I'm hoping a specific one frees up so I can get our full party onto it.

So excited! Can't wait for the cruise!

No, we haven’t received our assignment yet. Ive been checking excursions, but I’ll go do it again right now. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter