July 22nd, 2023 - 10-Night Iceland, Norway, and France Cruise from Southampton to Copenhagen

I’m getting organized this week to have a list of all the excursions I’d like to book and a couple back ups in case concierge fills up the ones I want as first choice since my platinum booking window opens next week. If anyone wants me to check options for adult dining on the sea days let me know.

Awesome. We absolutely want to do the adult dining at least one night at sea. My daughter is turning 18 at the end of June and this will be her first opportunity to do the adult dinner one night. We are only /still silver and the prospects might not be as advantageous
We also have a top three excursions planned and hopefully there are some good opportunities still available in April

Awesome. We absolutely want to do the adult dining at least one night at sea. My daughter is turning 18 at the end of June and this will be her first opportunity to do the adult dinner one night. We are only /still silver and the prospects might not be as advantageous
We also have a top three excursions planned and hopefully there are some good opportunities still available in April
Our son just turned 18 too and so excited to do the adult dining that we are going to book all the brunch’s and dinners at both and the Remy dessert. I’m researching for the smaller Iceland stops there’s not a lot of tour operators to do private ones other than maybe finding a driver. The DCL excursions look like the best options.

Cross posted in another thread regarding Normandy excursions, but heads up that someone on the FB group in Concierge posted these excursions are the only ones available from DCL in Cherbourg:

Ch 03 Crepe Tasting
Ch 08 Half Day D day landing
Ch 28 Half D day Adult only
Ch 26 Scenic Val De Saire

Cross posted in another thread regarding Normandy excursions, but heads up that someone on the FB group in Concierge posted these excursions are the only ones available from DCL in Cherbourg:

Ch 03 Crepe Tasting
Ch 08 Half Day D day landing
Ch 28 Half D day Adult only
Ch 26 Scenic Val De Saire
Ugh that’s stinks that’s there so little left to do. I thought concierge couldn’t see anything that was booked until the 120 day mark too but the could submit requests for it to be booked for them at 130 days.

Hello. Our family will join this cruise from Japan. This is our third time on a Disney cruise and our first time in Northern Europe. Our daughter is graduating from university in the UK so it's a celebratory cruise. I want to go to bars, experience spas, and enjoy the adult area with her. I'm having trouble choosing Sure Excursions in Iceland. I would like to refer to your plans.

Ugh that’s stinks that’s there so little left to do. I thought concierge couldn’t see anything that was booked until the 120 day mark too but the could submit requests for it to be booked for them at 130 days.
Well, we are definitely within 1230 days. Maybe they submitted their requests and someone told them what was available to make it easier? I mean, if only four things are available, they'd have a bunch of submissions that are pretty much worthless so they probably just told them which four things to make it easier.

Well, we are definitely within 1230 days. Maybe they submitted their requests and someone told them what was available to make it easier? I mean, if only four things are available, they'd have a bunch of submissions that are pretty much worthless so they probably just told them which four things to make it easier.
That makes sense. We decided today to upgrade our room to a concierge family veranda, since our 50% will still apply. I’m traveling Thursday when my booking window opens and I really don’t want to miss getting what we want. I’m going to contact the shoreside concierge team tomorrow morning and hopefully get a list so I can send them my choices. This is our big family trip before our firstborn son starts college where traveling all together will probably become more difficult, so we really want to make it the best it can be.

I called in to DCL concierge to book our excursions and adult dining. It looks as though only the 1/2 day excursions are being offered in Cherbourg. Here’s the ones we chose:
Cherbourg - 1/2 day D-Day
Isafordur - Rib boat whale watching
Akureyi - Jewels of the North
Aslund - Path of the Troll with Leisure time
Reykjavik - I have a private excursion to the Katla ice cave and south coast through - glaciers and waterfalls tour company.

I booked a few liquor tastings (chocolate and liquor, champagne and mixology) and all of the adult dining on the 4 sea days, Palo brunch and dinner, Remy dinner, brunch and dessert. I think we might cancel the liquor tastings though, since we have the open bar at night in the concierge lounge and I don’t like to drink too much.

I have a question. Will we be able to know the schedule of shows at the theater and the dates of the formal night before boarding the ship? Also, is the popular show only for one day? It's my first time on a 10-night cruise, so please let me know. thank you.

I have a question. Will we be able to know the schedule of shows at the theater and the dates of the formal night before boarding the ship? Also, is the popular show only for one day? It's my first time on a 10-night cruise, so please let me know. thank you.
It is also my first time on a 10 night Disney cruise too. I would assume that formal night would be on one of the sea days but you don’t usually know until you board the ship and can look at the navigator. They have 3 Disney productions on the dream - Golden Mickey’s (first night), Beauty and the Beast (somewhere in the middle), and Believe (usually the last night). They will have other variety acts on the other days for the show and sometimes a movie premiere. They are only for one day and are shown twice so each dinner rotation can see it.

It is also my first time on a 10 night Disney cruise too. I would assume that formal night would be on one of the sea days but you don’t usually know until you board the ship and can look at the navigator. They have 3 Disney productions on the dream - Golden Mickey’s (first night), Beauty and the Beast (somewhere in the middle), and Believe (usually the last night). They will have other variety acts on the other days for the show and sometimes a movie premiere. They are only for one day and are shown twice so each dinner rotation can see it.
Reservations at Palo and Remy restaurants should be considered carefully.Thank you very much.

Reservations at Palo and Remy restaurants should be considered carefully.Thank you very much.
Cherbourg night would probably be a safe bet for palo or Remy if you don’t want to miss one of the disney shows. We have a 4pm departure from that port so you would have plenty of time to get ready for dinner.

Cherbourg night would probably be a safe bet for palo or Remy if you don’t want to miss one of the disney shows. We have a 4pm departure from that port so you would have plenty of time to get ready for dinner.
I see. We are silver, so I don't know if we can make a reservation for the desired date, but we will try. I will be happy if I can have dinner or lunch at Remy, even just once.

I see. We are silver, so I don't know if we can make a reservation for the desired date, but we will try. I will be happy if I can have dinner or lunch at Remy, even just once.
I don’t think you will have a problem getting a reservation at either. There’s a lot of unsold cabins still on this sailing. I looked the other day and I was surprised how many rooms in every category are still available.

Just joining this thread. Are all of you on the FB group for the cruise also? I thought my daughter was gold but apparently she was given the wrong swag on our last cruise (or they've changed the qualifications) so it will be longer until we can sign up for things.

We love the Disney European cruises; so much more laid back than the 3/4 night cruises. My aunt just joined our group; this will be her first time on a Disney cruise; she's not as much a fan as my daughter and I but she's very excited. The downside is that we'll have 4 adults in our verandah cabin - good thing we're all family and get along well!

We’re silver, so couldn’t book excursions until midnight last night. I was very apprehensive bc we really wanted to get an excursion for the DDay beaches but the posts above about the small number of excursions available at Cherbourg made me think they’d be all sold out by the time I could sign in. But, we got one! Some of the other ports we couldn’t get our first choice, but we got the ones we REALLY wanted, so I’m happy.

We’re silver, so couldn’t book excursions until midnight last night. I was very apprehensive bc we really wanted to get an excursion for the DDay beaches but the posts above about the small number of excursions available at Cherbourg made me think they’d be all sold out by the time I could sign in. But, we got one! Some of the other ports we couldn’t get our first choice, but we got the ones we REALLY wanted, so I’m happy.
Every single one of the excursions we wanted were booked. I signed in an hour too late and missed the boat. Has anyone ever booked private excursions before? There are some things I do not want to miss - Day beaches, glacier visit, and Blue Lagoon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter