July 15-22 2006 Western Anyone?

Hi and Welcome Noahsmom!. Me, I would rather go to Cozumel than Costa Maya. My teen son is hoping to go to Cozumel too so he can do the teen cruise again. But as said, just as long we are on the cruise it will be great either way!

I agree, Cozumel is my choice over Costa Maya, which is why I didn't choose a double dip cruise. That being said, today I especially don't care which port we go to - I just wish we were there today instead of here at home. I look out the window at 11+ inches of new snow that is waiting to be shoveled. :confused3 :eek: :crazy2:

Has anyone booked any excursions yet? I was thinking of booking my own stingray excursion at Grand Cayman but going through DCL for Atlantis sub in Cozumel.

Kelli

We have not booked yet. I think beacause there is 11 of us going on the Sting Ray tour, we are going to go through Disney. Not sure what to do on Cozumel yet, but need to find something so the girls dont have to much time to shop for jewlery. :cool1: My son and his cousin want to do the Teen Cruise in Cozumel, and the Teen excursion at CC.

We received information in the mail over the weekend. I was surprised by this, we have never gotten anything like this with our previous cruises. There was a cover letter telling us when our final payment was due and when we could start to book things online. Of course the booking date was before the final payment date. I'm guessing this is DCL's way to get people to pay earlier.

There was also a nice booklet with a bunch of different ship related info. I'm not planning on paying early in order to book online. The only thing that would be nice to prebook is Palo but it sounds like that is almost impossible to do online.

Did anyone else receive this info? I've also been reading about Cozumel being out of commission for the rest of the year. Wish I knew for sure - now that DCL has me in serious planning mode!

Kelli

I haven't gotten any information like that. :( I can't get into major planning mode until after April 15th since I am soooo busy at work right now. I do plan on paying off my cruise about 2 weeks before I can book online though. I think the day I can book is April 16th. Anyone else count the days yet? I booked Palo and our excursions online last time. I will be up to book again, especially since April 16th is on a weekend. We really are wanting to do the fishing excursion at CC but I hear it books very fast. So, if it's meant to be it will be open. If it's not then it will save us lots of money so either way I win. :rotfl2:

I will look at the letter when I get home and check the date. It's listed on the letter. Did you have a problem booking on line? Do you have be on at midnight to get what you want?

Kelli

You can start making reservations at 3 a.m. CST if I remember correctly. I set my alarm and got up at that time and made them. I had never cruised before so I had to make them at 75 days out and I was worried about them being booked but I had no problems at all getting anything I wanted. This time I get to book at 90 days out so I am hoping for the same luck getting what I want. Since it's a weekend I am sure I will get up to make them again. I am a compulsive planner :cool1:

Marcie,

According to the letter DCL sent me April 16th is when we can start booking things - so you were right! Final payment is due May 1st, so I guess you only have to pay a couple of weeks early. Maybe I'll do it, it would be nice to just board this ship and not rush to book things.

I just purchased our park hoppers for the WDW portion of our trip. It can't get here soon enough for me!

Kelli

We are going to AK the day before DCL. I really want to stay in the Poly but we decided this time we can't afford it so I booked us in the Caribbean Beach Resort. Only thing I have left to do is buy airline tickets but I'm going to wait a while. The best part of booking online is not having to do it onboard. Especially since we are taking Disney transportation so we won't be there until at least 1 probably.

DS is not happy that we are not at the Poly this time. I think he'll get over it when he sees animals from our room.

I have already purchased our flights, I'm using frequent flyer miles for my ticket so I needed to do it pretty far out. It's kind of nice to have everything done! Now I can just sit back and decided what we should do once we are there.

Hey guys.....

I have been doing a lot of reading/research and bought a copy of the Passporter Disney Cruise guide. It's great, and has some good info for a newbie.

Anyway........

Am I right that Pirate night is going to be Wednesday, the same day we are in Cozumel? Looks like we are in Cozumel from 10:30am to 10:15pm that day if I have my facts right.

What I'm wanting to know is.......
1) Should we rush back early from port to do the pirate dinner and pirate events? Do most people do this rushing back too? We were thinking of doing the Xcaret excursion there, but it's all day long. I don't want to risk missing something.

2) When do they shoot off the fireworks that night....after we are away from port I'm assuming?

3) Any suggestions or experiences with this that you guys can share.....particularly which excursions you recommend for Cozumel.

Thanks a million!!!!!!!!

BTW......we, too, received those documents you mentioned this week. It's getting exciting now!!!!!!!!!

2littlestiches

Hi all! Sorry I just came home from a two week meeting. When I went through my mail I too received the packet from DCL. It's pretty neet, I don't remember ever getting this before.

2littlestiches, Pirate night is a fun night from everthing that I have read.Not sure about the fire works as we have not cruised with DCL in the past 2 years. As for Cozumel I am not sure we will even be going there yet. I was wathcing the news and the piers are still in bad shape.So it may be Costa Maya.

We did Pirate night in November. We had Palo reservations that night at 6, so probably around 8:30 we went out on deck and watch the party. The fireworks went off a little while after that. We were not at port. We are already working on what we are going to wear this time for pirate night. Not pirate stuff, but tropical. It really is a lot of fun. My DH went to a Mardi Gras store yesterday and found some beads with pirate skulls on them. He bought them to wear for pirate night and he bought me a set of beads with flip flops and palm trees and a set for my DD with flamingos playing guitars. I am planning on buying blinking flip flops for my DD and I to wear that night on deck. Oh, glow necklaces are really good for pirate night too.

Thanks guys!!!!

We definitely don't want to miss pirate night! You guys are under the impression it's on Weds. night, right?

As far as Costa Maya............if we end up there, any ideas on what you might do there as far as excursions?

2littlestitches

Hi all, I'm Peggy from Montana...we'll be sailing on this cruise, too! It will be me, DH, and 2 DS's ages 11 and 15. We'll be staying at the Poly for six nights before the cruise...LOL I keep saying we should just mortgage the house! I think I'll be "Disneyed Out" by the time we're all done.

We did a four night on the Wonder in June 2001, so this will be our second cruise. DS #2 was 6 at the time, and after we got off the boat, he said "Those were the best days of my life". We knew right then we'd have to do another cruise!

We got the info in the mail early this week, and have been thinking about shore excursions...DH loves to sail, so we'll likely do a sail/snorkel somewhere. I'd love to hear your recommendations.

Palo--should we do dinner, or brunch? And is it best to book Palo for an at sea day?

We are SO excited!!

Peggy

2littlestitches, yes I believe Pirate ngiht is Wednesday night. As for Costa Maya http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1027015 this post has some info on the beach. We may just do that instead of taking an excursion there. I hear if you do the ruins or horseback riding to bring bugspray. The beach does look beautiful.

Peggy Welcome to the cruise meet!!!!! We are planning on doing both dinner and brunch at Palo. That is what we did on the 4 day. Dinner on Tuesday night so we don't miss the AP show or Pirate night. Brunch is on a sea day. My DD is 12 so she will be in the same group as your DS.

Welcome Peggy! We too are going to try and do both, Dinner and Brunch at Palo. Probably Dinner Tuesday night, not sure which day yet for brunch. We are doing the Sting Ray tour in Cozumel, and still not sure what will be next untill I see what Port we will be in on Wednsday. We are staying at the Beach Club Villas for 6 nights after the cruise.

Hey everyone, I've just been sitting here reading the Dis and I want to plan something and not much to plan at the moment. :rotfl2: So, since our meet is growing I thought I would start a list so we can see who all is amongst us. If I get anything wrong or you want to add anything to this list just holler.

1. buzz2, his DW, DS 13, DD 9 & 7 cousins
2. ImMarcik her DH & DD12
3. thegales, his DW, DD10 & DD8
4. 2littlestitches her DH, 2 small boys and her parents
5. SKMinnie48 15 & her Mom
6. Noahsmom, her Dh & DS 8
7. Montana Mouseketeer her Dh, DS 11 & DS 15

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter