July 10 - 17, 2004 - Who is cruising the Eastern on the Magic

I received my docs!!!:cool1: I just got home and found them on my deck. It was a great pick-me-up. I had a lousy day. My car was rear ended on my way home to help my son, whose car battery died. Now my back aches. I hope it feels better by the time we leave. I wasn't hit at a high speed because we were stuck in traffic, but I have a sedan that was hit by a large SUV. At least the docs made me feel better. ::yes::

When will we find out our dining rotation? I thought that info would be included with the docs. It would be nice to know for packing since the booklet mentions that men need a jacket in Lumiere's. If the Captain's Gala falls on the night we are in Lumiere's, it will save bringing one jacket for my dh.

Judy:smooth:

CONGRATS....................I think we find out our rotation when we get our KTTW card at check-in. At least that is when I did our last visit.

Oh, whoa is me, no docs as yet.

i was talking to AAA today and was told my docs wouldn't be mailed till closer to the 4th of july, bad news because we leave for disney july 1st. my older daughter is joining us july9th so she has to make the long drive to my house to pick up the docs and bring them with her. when i book thru DCL on my own i usually receive the docs a month in advance. i like it better that way. anyway can't wait to see all the dis-people on our cruise. :bounce:

My TA from AAA called late Tuesday evening to say she had the documents ready. My oldest daughter is coming by my office and we're driving over to get them today. Now I'm really getting excited.

See ya all on the boat!
Mike:thewave:

Hi everyone!

Judy - are you alright? We were rear-ended when Chelsea was a baby, and it totaled our car!

My dh is just wearing a suit also!! Chelsea dd-11 can't wait to get dressed up-she has too many dresses!Mackenzie dd-8 will be wearing ankle- length dresses. I ,like Chelsea, went on a crazy formal dress buying frenzy! They are black also!

See you all soon!!

Denyse

Hi Denyse,

I'm fine, but my back is still sore. I think it's a good excuse for a massage! I think I'll book one when I get on board!!::yes::

My car is fine also. I just have a few scratches. I was stuck in traffic and probably wouldn't have felt much at all if the woman didn't have a large SUV. My foot was also on the brake and I didn't see her coming.

Anyway, I just spent a few hours trying on outfits that I have in my closet. I actually have quite a few that I only wore once or twice for different events, many just this year, so I'm not sue I need to buy anything. Amy should be all set too. She hates to shop, so luckily she has a few sundresses that we bought to go to Jamaica last year that she never wore. With those and her semi-formal/formal dresses that she only wore once, we are in good shape. We did buy her 4 new bathing suits and a number of shorts and tops in the last few weeks, so I am not saving all that much money!! :smooth:

I've shopped quite a bit for myself as well, but I'm sure I'll be back in the mall once or twice before we leave.:p

Amy and I are getting so excited. Even my dh seems excited, which is unusual for him. He didn't want to take a cruise in the first place, so I hope he has a great time.

Judy:sunny:

Hi Judy, I'm glad you are ok, although your back will take some time to heal. Is it the lower or upper? I bet a massage would help-just let them know where it hurts so they don't rub too hard there! We went out tonight looking for flat casual sandals to wear on the islands! Don't forget your "tropicali" wear!! We have stuff from last year's visit to the Polynesion. We made 2 copies of our passports, one for home and the other to bring with our passport incase out passports get lost or stollen. Still have to get the little things like sun lotion, sea sick meds,and other toiletries! I better make a list! See you soon!!

Denyse

It's OFFICIAL

There here.... .....There HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My docs came this afternoon AND I was able to get my reservations in for the "Dining with an Imagineer" at Brown Derby (MGM).

All is good in my house of Mouse:smooth

It seems as if everyone's docs have arrived!!!:tongue: I'm really excited now!!! The cruise is just around the corner. :boat:

I've been working on a magnetic door sign tonight. It's fun. ::yes:: Are any of you making door signs? My dh thinks it's silly, but I enjoy working with graphics.

Denyse - It's my lower back. I actually have a place I've been to that does therapeutic massages. I may visit before the trip. Good idea about the passports. I made copies for my son when he went to Europe, but I never made copies for the rest of us. I also need to make a list. I've been picking up items that I've seen reccomended on these boards. I just need to gather them in one place to see what I'm missing.:smooth:

Judy

Judy, how are you making your door sign? I was thinking about doing it, but I'm not sure. What deck are you on? We're on deck 6 in the middle. Jenna and her family are on the same deck but back a little. I know we would have to put Tink on the sign- Chelsea loves tink!!

I'm glad we all have our docs!! Has anyone started packing? My dd's want to start now!! I told them to get out their suitcases, and just put what they want to bring in them. This way, they won't wear the clothes before the trip and end up in the laundry! Also, I can see if they have waaay to much!

See you soon!

Denyse

recieved our doc's today :bounce: this is great because we thought we would miss them as we're leaving in 5 days to begin our vacation. i can't stand the excitement.:thewave:

Hi Denyse, we are on deck 5 - stateroom 5508. It is forward on the starboard side. We booked through DVC and didn't pick our stateroom. Deck six is actually where I would have liked to be, but I'm sure deck 5 will be fine.:D

I used Publisher for my door sign. It's still a work in progress, but I got clipart from this site:

http://classicfilm.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?site=http://www.disneyclipart.com/

I got a picture of the Magic from Dave's Disney Tribute Site. I would paste a picture of it here, but I can't seem to get it to work.

Congratulations tigger53! I wish we were leaving in 5 days. See you in two weeks.

Judy

Hey all!

Alana will be wearing a pink flowery sundress on formal night and I'll be wearing a purple gown - no black for us! hee hee.

I understand the back pain problem...my back went out about a week and a half ago (lower) and then again yesterday. It makes me kinda panicky to think it may not heal before the cruise!

My brother (who deals with lower back pain regularly) told me to ice it for 20 minutes up to 5 times a day, don't do anything that aggravates it (but don't lie in bed all day either!), stretch your leg muscles - calves, thighs - 3 reps 20 seconds each and do situps, if you can. This regimen has been helping me out.

Getting butterflies now!
Pam

My ds7 was trying on his dress pants yesterday and ask me "mom just how many romantic dinners are we going to have on the cruise?". I haven't stopped laughing, I could only think with you and yours brothers going, Not many.!

Anyone else getting as excited as we are?

Judy hope you are feeling better!

Tigger53 ya'll have fun on at the parks and on the Wonder-we will catch you on the Magic

Susan::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy:

Hi everyone, I'm back after being sick for the past few days.:( My back is a little better, but I got a stomach bug on Monday!:( :( :( That was not fun, but it's better than on the ship!!:p My son and his girlfriend were visiting from the Chicago area and I started feeling ill on the drive to the airport. I thought I was just sad to see them go, but unfortunately that was not the case. Thanks for the advice Pam, now that I feel better, I can start to stretch my back.

Susan, cute story!::yes::

We are getting so excited. I can't believe we leave in a little over a week!!:sunny:

Judy

hey everyone!
im 14 years old and just wondering if there were neother teens here! i have already meet 2 and became good friends with them! so email me bryson.boyd@rocksbranch.com! talk to yall later (im a guy and from texas can't ya tell?)

Hi Bryson, It's Amy's mom. She wants to know what deck you are on. We are on deck 5.:sunny:

We booked thru AAA for this cruise and received our docs last week. Does anyone know if you can review the reservation info at the Disney site if you booked through AAA? I'd like to have some gifts for my kids put in the room before arrival but I don't know how to do it from the disney site if it won't bring up my reservation info.:earseek:

We're sailing for the first time on the Magic July 10-17. There are 11 adults and 11 kids. The "kids" range in age from 1-21. We're from all over the U.S. Las Vegas, Atlanta, San Francisco, Virginia, and St. Louis.

We're a little worried about the 17 and 19 year old boys. Is there going to be enough for them to do? I haven't really seen their age group addressed. Too old for kid stuff, too young for adult stuff. Any suggestions?

How is everyone getting from the airport to the ship?

I can't figure out how to put the counter on my message. Can anyone help?

We're really getting excited!

Hi all!! We are down to 1 weeK! YEA!!

Judy- I hope you are feeling better!! Jenna has been having trouble with her computer! Hopefully she will be talking to Amy soon!!

Debbie- Do you have any girls going with you 11 or 8? My 2 dd's wanted to know!!

We are just getting some last minute things! We bought some bubbles at the dollar store the other day!!

We can not wait!!

What time is everyone getting to the port? I wish I knew what everyone looked like, incase we saw eachother in line, to say HI!!Well, we'll all meet up at the promenade lounge soon!!

See you soon!

Denyse

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter