July 10 - 17, 2004 - Who is cruising the Eastern on the Magic

No docs here yet.:( I'll call in the morning to check. Hopefully ours are not far behind.:smooth: I can only hope!

Judy

But I received them about the 2nd week in May. They come in a really cute package.

Hopefully you will get yours soon!

Susan::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy:

Still waiting for the docs to arrive. Called my AAA TA this afternoon. Maybe they take longer to reach Southern California!
Too anxious to get this party going!

Mike

I still have no docs!:( :( I didn't have a chance to call today, but I guess the CT countryside is as difficult to reach as Southern CA!

I've actually been working on changing my return flight and rental car. I got a call from Delta Song - have any of you tried this new airline? I'm a bit concerned about it. They called at 11:45 PM last night with a recorded message that my flight has been changed to 8:30 PM on the 17th. (That was annoying!!) That won't get us home until well after midnight and Amy has to be at music camp all packed by noon on Sunday. I thought I would do a load of laundry on the ship, but if I don't get a chance, it will be difficult to take care of it at home on Sunday morning. Anyway, I finally got the flight changed to 5:40, which is more realistic.:) Now we have to find something to do all day. At least we have a rental car. Do any of you "dcl veterans" have any suggestions for us? I figure we have about 6 - 7 hours to hang around. That's not enough time to go to Disney World.:( Any ideas?

Thanks,
Judy:cool1:

Docs came yesterday, and everything is a GO! :teeth:

Watched the DCL show on Travel Channel tonight, and the family is MORE than ready for the next 20 days to FLY by! ::yes::

jrose............you could go to Downtown Disney, lots of things to do. They also have a movie theater there. Or, check out the disney outlet stores at Belz and Premier. Or find a Laundromat instead of using precious Cruise time. It would be faster and probably cheaper. There are few machines on board and usually busy. Go to one of the putt putt golf parks.

Thanks mouseisinmyhouse, you gave me some great ideas. I forgot about Downtown Disney. How far is it from DCL? I also forgot how far it is to the airport from Downtown Disney. Will I have enough time? If I decide to go to a laundromat, do you know of one in an area with activities for dd & dh? They would drive me crazy! Is there one in Downtown Disney? That would be convenient. For all the times I've been there, I never looked for a laundromat. We stay at OKW since we are DVC members. I usually do my laundry in the room. I will miss that. It was so easy to come home with clean clothes!::yes::

Judy

DTD is off of I-4. Birnbaum's book says EXIT 67 and 68. I don't know of a laundry there. As you get closer to lots of shops/strip malls I would watch for a Laundromat. One option, go ahead and have her bag packed at home (before) you leave. Or.....there is a laundry service on the ship. Fill out a laundry slip and the Room Steward will take the bag and have it by the next day. I have used it for a few items that had gotten a stain. Cost is more than doing it yourself, but time is money or in our case Time is memories.

Just had another idea................When you check in at the Cruise Terminal, aske one of the people at the check-in counter. They may know of a local laundromat.

Maybe you can use one of the laundymats at one of the Disney hotels-Carribean beach and the fanily could hang out there, or at DTD. Or maybe Shirley from the Perfect gift may know of a laundry place in Cocoa Beach! It's about 1:40hr from port canaveral to Disney and about 40 mins from Disney to airport.

Thanks! I think we'll go to DTD and save the laundry for when we get home. My dh doesn't want to stop for laundry. I can throw a load in before I go to bed and dry it when I wake up. I really hate doing laundry!

I hope to find out about my docs tomorrow. If I don't receive them, I'll call DCL. I wonder if they arrive later since we booked through DVC?

I have been off the boards for a couple of days ...trying to Bryson(ds14) ready for camp.....URGH! Hope everyone is doing well and getting excited!

What are ya'll wearing for the formal night and the semi formal night? The Boys want to wear tuxes so I have that covered but what about semi?

Has everyone gotten there Docs?

Judy tell Amy that Bryson is in New Mexico for church camp for a week. He couldnt remember last night if he email her and told her.

Talk to ya soon
Susan::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy:

Susan - Thanks for letting Amy know about Bryson, she wondered why she hadn't heard from him.

I'm not sure what I'm wearing on formal or semi-formal night yet. I have a few options. I could buy something new, but I have quite a few barely worn dresses. I guess I should decide soon! Amy has some beautiful semi-formal dresses that she wore only once to school dances that she plans to bring. My dh does not plan to wear a tux. He gave his tux to my son when it got too tight and he never bought another one. I don't expect him to rent one. Will he be the only non-tux wearing guy on these boards? Let me know what the rest of the guys plan to wear. On our last cruise to Bermuda on Celebrity, fewer than half the men wore tuxes. I may have a hard time convincing him to rent.

I still have no docs! I expected to find them when I got home today. I suppose I should call to find out when they are being mailed. I just don't get to it early enough to call during office hours. Am I the only one who hasn't received docs?

Judy

I'm wearing a black suit, white shirt and black and white tie to the formal night. My daughters are wearing coordinating black and white dresses.

On the semi-formal evening I'll probably wear the same black suit but with a more colorful shirt and tie. I don't have many reasons to wear a tux any longer and would rather spend the money on the vacation instead.

I have been to enough black tie evenings to know that a black suit done tastefully is just as impressive as a tux.

See ya on the boat!!!

Mike

There's no way my dh will be wearing a tux - he doesn't have one and we won't be renting one - he wears suits everyday to work - one of those will do just fine. I just bought my ds a jacket and dress pants for my dd's communion - he'll wear that both nights - i have a tie for him for formal night. I'll probably be wearing the usual black dress!

See everyone soon!!!!

Barbara

Hi Mike & Barbara,

Thanks for your input. My dh will be happy to know he's not alone in his choice of attire. Have either of you received your docs yet? Should I be concerned that mine haven't arrived? I think I'll call tomorrow. I planned to call today, but I was out all day.

Judy

My docs came on Fri. 6/18 - I would call to see where your's are - they'll be able to tell you if they were mailed & when.

Barbara

Still waiting the documentation game. Called my TA with AAA last Friday and she said that as soon as they're in and she's confirmed that they are correct she'll call. Getting a little anxious. Flying to Scottsdale this weekend to work on my tan (more of a burn) and get out of the June gloom in Southern California!

Talk with you all later.
Mike

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter