Jon and Kate Plus 8 Official Thread - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't really compare those 2 looks fairly. At the Vow Renewal she was wearing a special dress, hair and makeup professionally done. The day running errands, that was throwing on something comfortable

I love her new hair. Wish I had the $$$$ to do it myself!

Lisa

It was Michelle who had the 2 dresses combined because she wanted an almost turtleneck looking top. They do have dresses in the $2,000 range. I watch the show and a lot of the beach type dresses are pretty simple and don't have a lot of bling to them. I thought Kate's dress fit in that category, but I could be wrong. I have seen several times where someone comes in there with a $1,000 budget and they make comments like I hope we can find her something and that's not a lot of money, etc....but they always find some simple dress that the poor girl probably could of bought elsewhere for $100. I'm amazed at the ones who come in with a $10,000 budget for a dress---a dress that they wear for 1 day???:confused3
I know that Michelle had fabric added, but it wasn't a combo of two dresses at all. They made the attachment following a standard pattern....they didn't take it from another dress.

As far as Kate, I recall a hullabaloo of commEntary overnher requiring two actual dresses as she couldn't find anything 2 her liking but liked different aspects if different dresses.

My wedding dress was under $400 and my dh thought that was pricy. He would have changed His mind if I has even expressed an interest I kleinfelds. Some of those dresses exceeded my entire wedding budget. MOST exceeded what we paid for a sit down reception. Craziness!

Do they even sell wedding dresses at that shop for that price? $2000 isn't that much on that show.

Kate is really bulked up. I think she put on weight during the divorce. She looks great in the short skirts... they are not Mini with your crotch hanging out Like Kelly from RHONY. If you can't wear a short skirt or shorts in you 30's when can you?

Kate is really bulked up. I think she put on weight during the divorce. She looks great in the short skirts... they are not Mini with your crotch hanging out Like Kelly from RHONY. If you can't wear a short skirt or shorts in you 30's when can you?

I agree with you, why is it that just because you are a mom in your 30's you can't wear a mini skirt. Do you have to look like a fuddy duddy just because you are a mom. If I had the figure for it, I would still wear them and I am not in my 30's. You don't need to be matronly, just because you are a mom. Also as far as I am concerned, she rocked that bikini in Discovery Cove.

I wish I had the discipline to work out like she does. I think she has a great figure, and I think she is cute as well. There aren't many types of clothes she can't wear and still look good.

I agree with you, why is it that just because you are a mom in your 30's you can't wear a mini skirt. Do you have to look like a fuddy duddy just because you are a mom. If I had the figure for it, I would still wear them and I am not in my 30's. You don't need to be matronly, just because you are a mom. Also as far as I am concerned, she rocked that bikini in Discovery Cove.

You can't really compare those 2 looks fairly. At the Vow Renewal she was wearing a special dress, hair and makeup professionally done. The day running errands, that was throwing on something comfortable

I love her new hair. Wish I had the $$$$ to do it myself!

Lisa

The picture posted is a fitting in Kleinfelds, not the day of her renewal whatever.

I'm not a bikini fan, but thought she looked great in one. (not a fan b/c I have this thing where subconsiously it's bra and undies!)

as for mini's, at least according to TLC's What Not to Wear....if you have the body for it and are under 35....it's totally fine. I'm not sure the reasoning...but on older women...it feels to youthful IMHO. I don't wear them bc it feels like folks can see my butt. Plus my thighs don't belong in a mini. Lol!

But Kate isn't 35 yet...so she can still dress young and at least Clinton and Stacy will keep quiet. It is also likely she realizes she is getting older and wearing those looks as much as possible while she still can.

I'm not a bikini fan, but thought she looked great in one. (not a fan b/c I have this thing where subconsiously it's bra and undies!)

as for mini's, at least according to TLC's What Not to Wear....if you have the body for it and are under 35....it's totally fine. I'm not sure the reasoning...but on older women...it feels to youthful IMHO. I don't wear them bc it feels like folks can see my butt. Plus my thighs don't belong in a mini. Lol!

But Kate isn't 35 yet...so she can still dress young and at least Clinton and Stacy will keep quiet. It is also likely she realizes she is getting older and wearing those looks as much as possible while she still can.

At this point in my life, I am not a fan of any bathing suit. Not after surg and gaining 20 pounds, But if you look ok and want to wear a bikini, more power to you.

And I am with you about the mini, and my thighs also don't belong in a mini.

I just get so tired of people saying" she is a mom of 8 she shouldn't wear that" whatever "that" may be. I feel like if you look ok in it, who cares if you are a mom.

TAG FAIRY where are you:tink: we have a good one!

I also would not call Kates skirts mini... at least the one she had on this sunday.

I think her body was fine in the bikini at Discovery Cove. I just thought the bikini itself was a size (or 2) too small.
I think she looks great--better than at the vow renewal because she looked "soft" there (like me :laughing:) but now she looks toned and stronger.I think her hard work is paying off. Kate has a "straight" boy type figure w/o much hips (or any, lol) and a thick waist. Not much you can do to change those things. I haven't seen a pic where her body looks bad yet. She's an average pretty in my book--not beautiful but not ugly either.

There is no way they would ever put Kate on "what not to wear" as they are adament about dressing age appropriate. For all the positive bikini comments I read hear which happened at Discovery Cove, I have read double the amount of people who thought Kate looked like a hooker the way she was dressed on the airplane. So, everyone is entitled to their opinion and everyone can dress as they like. Believe me, its your kids or family that is embarassed for you. Its other moms and friends who don't want to hurt your feelings. :laughing:

There is no way they would ever put Kate on "what not to wear" as they are adament about dressing age appropriate. For all the positive bikini comments I read hear which happened at Discovery Cove, I have read double the amount of people who thought Kate looked like a hooker the way she was dressed on the airplane. So, everyone is entitled to their opinion and everyone can dress as they like. Believe me, its your kids or family that is embarassed for you. Its other moms and friends who don't want to hurt your feelings. :laughing:

There would be no reason to put her on there. Her mini skirt is within the rules. That is why I brought it up. I don't know what hookers you have been looking at...but as far as the cop shows are concerned...Kate isn't dressed like one. Unless by your definition...mini skirt = hooker.

Not my cup of tea on how I would dress as I cannot do a mini and I've reached Stacy and Clintons age cut off (Kate has a little bit to go still...).

But nothing wrong with Kate dressing that way.

What would you suggest she wear instead?

Her shoes on the airplane did look a little street walker to me. but that is the style.

I asked my kids, (who are o fans of Kate's) what they thought of the bikini and if I looked like that in a bikini would they mind if I wore one, they said no problem. They thought she looked fine in it. And I have a teenage son who notices everything on a woman and her bikini.

And I have a teenage son who notices everything on a woman and her bikini.
:lmao:

I've looked at lots of Kate 'boards' and what they say really depend on if they like her. Most that don't like her, don't like anything she wears, says or does. If you look on the more positive boards, their reactions are a lot like yours. I see people her age dressed like her a lot, and at the pool here, it's the norm to wear bathing suits like hers..although the younger people wear them with a lot less material.

There would be no reason to put her on there. Her mini skirt is within the rules. That is why I brought it up. I don't know what hookers you have been looking at...but as far as the cop shows are concerned...Kate isn't dressed like one. Unless by your definition...mini skirt = hooker.

Not my cup of tea on how I would dress as I cannot do a mini and I've reached Stacy and Clintons age cut off (Kate has a little bit to go still...).

But nothing wrong with Kate dressing that way.

What would you suggest she wear instead?

You have to remember Mousey is an older lady so back when she was young Queen Victoria was the trend setter.:laughing:

You have to remember Mousey is an older lady so back when she was young Queen Victoria was the trend setter.:laughing:

Hey, hey, I'm no spring chicken LOL. Two of my three kids are older than Kate LOL.
:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl::yay:

Well I'm glad you consider me "Royalty". Unfortunately they frown on me wearing a mini skirt at the nursing home where I reside!:dance3:

Well, that crack was very unbecoming to you, my dear. I'm old enough to have changed the diapers of the average 40 year old. That crack made me have a strong desire to send you back to your playpen until you learn some manners.

Hey, hey, I'm no spring chicken LOL. Two of my three kids are older than Kate LOL.
:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl::yay:

Yep. Even us oldies have valid opinions!

Well I'm glad you consider me "Royalty". Unfortunately they frown on me wearing a mini skirt at the nursing home where I reside!:dance3:

Too funny! My mini skirt (my generation invented them and wore them proudly) is hidden under my lap rug these days too at the Assisted Living! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: (No, not really!)

Eh, I've not posted recently because I really don't have much interest in Kate's clothing. She can wear what she wants. Those really high heels look painful as well as impractical though.

I do think she looked prettier without the *enhancements* but my generation liked a more natural look. So much less expensive too.

My generation also liked comfy clothing when mothering small children. All that bending down to their level required practical clothing that didn't need hiking up or down. The cleavage was saved for *date night* with hubs.

Just saying.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter