Jon and Kate Plus 8 Official Thread - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
:cool1:

does the other thread actually have to make it to 250 to be locked?

I'm not sure. Maybe OhMari could help us with that.

Speaking of OhMari - I'll be picking up your requested item on Saturday for you. I went to Hutchinson Island yesterday - not quite Savannah - for a craft show. Just PM me your address and I'll get it out to you next week. :goodvibes

Back to J&K (trying to stay on topic since we're so early into the new thread and all! :rotfl:) - if depositions start on 10/10 (which is a Thursday), that would only give them two days before the trial on Monday correct? I'm guessing they don't work weekends.... Are the lawyers doing this so the defense (that would be Jon right) doesn't have a lot of time to pull anything together based on what's found in the questioning? Or do you think this will delay the trial now so they have more time to question??

From the previous thread: I always thought these :dance3: were french maids too.

Saw pictures of Jon in Hawaii from the weekend. I didn't see any of Kate and the kids from the weekend, which is a good thing IMO.

Back to J&K (trying to stay on topic since we're so early into the new thread and all! :rotfl:) - if depositions start on 10/10 (which is a Thursday), that would only give them two days before the trial on Monday correct? I'm guessing they don't work weekends.... Are the lawyers doing this so the defense (that would be Jon right) doesn't have a lot of time to pull anything together based on what's found in the questioning? Or do you think this will delay the trial now so they have more time to question??

Do you mean 12/10?

In any case--they could be trying to push something--but for Jon to be able to put up a sound defense, his attorney could petition for extra time if they need it.

New witnesses and new evidence can come forward at anytime and it can be possible for delays to occur so that the defense can do a proper cross examine.

As for law, the "rules" and the judges disretion, I am not clear on what must happen for an extension to be granted. I just know that one side cannot deliberately prevent the other from having their opportunity to cross examine.

From the previous thread: I always thought these :dance3: were french maids too.

Saw pictures of Jon in Hawaii from the weekend. I didn't see any of Kate and the kids from the weekend, which is a good thing IMO.
I saw some earlier today... of Kate and a few of the kids at home yesterday.

"Jon and Kate Plus 8" star Kate Gosselin has been relatively quiet over the course of the past week, deciding against giving many flashy interviews in favor of staying out of the public eye and spending time with her family.

On Sunday, though, Kate briefly gave a sort of "public" appearance on the grounds of her Pennsylvania home. Was it anything spectacular? Not really; in fact, she was taking out the trash. On the other hand, the Gosselin home itself has become a sort of tourist attraction with people traveling for hours just to stand outside and get a glimpse of the reality TV stars.

It's currently unknown exactly when Kate will branch out from TLC again for an interview, but we should probably expect her to make a few more public appearances around the "Jon and Kate Plus 8" finale next Monday. TLC will likely be anxious to show America how they plan to use Kate in the future, and keeping her in the public eye is the best way to do that.

Meanwhile, Jon has been spending time in Hawaii over the past few days as he attends a wedding for his good friend, professional baseball player Shane Victorino. We know Jon doesn't have much of a TV future lined up, which is why we're probably seeing more of him right now on shows such as "The Insider" and "Entertainment Tonight."

http://www.examiner.com/x-11363-Dal...-Plus-8-Kate-Gosselin-reenters-the-public-eye

Teaching her kids how to be responsible with chores, Kate Gosselin was spotted taking out the trash with her 8 little ones yesterday (November 15).

The “Jon and Kate Plus 8” mommy looked to be enjoying the quality time with her sons and daughters following the departure of bodyguard Steve Neild’s wife and son.

http://www.celebrity-gossip.net/celebrities/hollywood/kate-gosselin-trash-duty-212253/

Here's the pictures - so very exciting - of Kate taking out the trash....

SIDENOTE: While the Gosselin's show Jon and Kate Plus 8 was on the air, the couple was making $75,000 per episode. And then they both went "all stupid" and started arguing and fighting and talking all this divorce crap. But apparently they have both realized that $75,000 divided by two is a whole lot better than 0 (zero) divided by two. Jon and Kate have finally come to their 'financial' senses and they will soon reconcile and both will then play nice-nice because of the tons of money- money.

http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm?headline=s4i63259

*****Please note - from "The Spoof.com". There's more "article" before this but it's not very family friendly but slightly funny.

I also just heard on the radio that J&K have decided to spend Christmas together. I truly hope they can and it's a nice, calm, relaxing morning for the kids - no fighting and as "normal" as possible. :santa:

I also just heard on the radio that J&K have decided to spend Christmas together. I truly hope they can and it's a nice, calm, relaxing morning for the kids - no fighting and as "normal" as possible. :santa:

That's good for the kids. Hopefully they can all get along...

It is still sitting at 249, if someone wants too, you can report the thread and just ask for it to be locked.

I'm not sure. Maybe OhMari could help us with that.

Speaking of OhMari - I'll be picking up your requested item on Saturday for you. I went to Hutchinson Island yesterday - not quite Savannah - for a craft show. Just PM me your address and I'll get it out to you next week. :goodvibes

I'll send you a PM. Just got home from TN-

newtodis Teaching her kids how to be responsible with chores, Kate Gosselin was spotted taking out the trash with her 8 little ones yesterday (November 15).

http://www.celebrity-gossip.net/cele...h-duty-212253/

Here's the pictures - so very exciting - of Kate taking out the trash....
We were in the Smokey Mountains, and we were driving down from the highest mountain, and traffic stopped-everyone was getting out of their cars, to see this poor bear. The bear was looking at everyone like they were nuts. Finally a ranger and police office came and yelled for everyone to get back in their cars.

Someone else mentioned how people will drive for hours to see the Gosselin's house-ugg. But I can believe it, it would be something my inlaws would do.

Does Jon realize that other places beside bars serve food and maybe he should try eating there instead of the bars with the hot girls??? :sad2:
http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/16/jon-gosselin-hawaii-photo/

Without context, the caption indicates that this is a restaurant that children are even able to go to:
Lulu's Lahaina Surf Club & Grill

Lulu's Lahaina Surf Club & Grill
based on 12 reviews
Rating Details »Category: American (Traditional) [Edit]

Lahaina Cannery Mall
1221 Honoapiilani Hwy
Lahaina, HI 96761

(808) 661-0808
Add Photos Price Range:$$
Accepts Credit Cards:Yes
Parking:Private Lot
Attire:Casual
Good for Groups:Yes
Good for Kids:Yes
Takes Reservations:Yes
Delivery:No
Take-out:Yes
Waiter Service:Yes
Wheelchair Accessible:Yes
Outdoor Seating:Yes
Good for:Lunch, Dinner
Alcohol:Full Bar

Yes it does have a full bar, and we should not that Jon is over the age of 21, celebrating with adults on a weekend trip to a wedding while his children are safely at home with Kate.

Can't knock Jon on this one and this is just typical tabloid trash.

Someone else mentioned how people will drive for hours to see the Gosselin's house-ugg. But I can believe it, it would be something my inlaws would do.

People drive to see the houses of people they see on TV. It's silly, but folks do it and they've done it for years. The easier accessibilty to get to the house, the better.

My parents shows on This Old house--I think were somewhere between 8 and 12 episodes. Maybe longer, I don't really remember. But certainly not 5 seasons worth.

I know Kate got seriously Raked over the coals on the hater sites for having signs that say no trespassing or whatever they had on their old property. For some reason, Kate was not "allowed' to do this b/c it was rude and she put herself out there.

Well---take my house. All my parents did was renovate a house on This Old House that became our family home after filming wrapped. Okay--no biggie.

Then we noticed...stalker cars.

They'd turn onto our street--find the house...and then inch along at the slowest snails pace. In fact, I think the snails on the sidewalk were beating them. They'd get just past our house, put the car in reverse and then repeat the maneuver to get a glimpse of the "famous house".

One time, a gentleman knocked on our door.:scared1: We thought it was incredibly weird, but we were gracious and spoke with him for a little bit. He was an elder man and was just happy as a clam to be at our house.

This stuff went on for months and my parents finally had had enough. We began shuttering our home so that noone could tell we were home. (street parking only, so it isn't like they'd see cars in a driveway or anything.)

I mean--my mom got tired of keeping the house pristine in case folks took pictures and not being able to relax in her bathrobe enjoying a cup of coffee. One should be able to comfortably relax in their home without cameras taking a peek.

One could say that like Kate, we asked for this.

No we didn't.

Regardless of how much one airs a public life on tv, there is a private life. While I don't get gawkers, they mean no harm. They just want to see something in person.

Much like someone would go to a concert to see and hear in person what they can catch on tv.

I just always felt bad that Kate was villainized for being over it. Sometimes, the public forgets that there is a boundary between public and private.

Kate put up signs--we closed our hurricane shutters.

I get why folks do it. I kinda wish they didn't. But it can never be stopped.

I'm in the camp that no celebrity "asks for this" or deserves it or must put up with it though. I don't get that impression here, but in seeing the post about pilgrimmages, it reminded me of the flak Kate got b/c people were driving to the old house as well.

The only difference between my family and Kate's--we lived in a Tourist area (New Orleans) and we weren't really all that difficult to find as the neighborhood and street were well publicized on the show and their advertising.

Yes it does have a full bar, and we should not that Jon is over the age of 21, celebrating with adults on a weekend trip to a wedding while his children are safely at home with Kate.

Can't knock Jon on this one and this is just typical tabloid trash.

agreed. I've seen several sites (not here) bashing Jon for going to Hawaii, and I don't get it. It's not his time with the children, and he's attending a wedding that he was invited to ... and he brought his mother. Not sure what the big deal is this time.

agreed. I've seen several sites (not here) bashing Jon for going to Hawaii, and I don't get it. It's not his time with the children, and he's attending a wedding that he was invited to ... and he brought his mother. Not sure what the big deal is this time.

I wasn't trying to "bash" Jon for going to Hawaii. That's fine and great. I made a comment about trying to find a better place to eat than a bar every time he goes out. It's great that they allow kids and all but he doesn't set foot in the place unless they serve alcohol? It was just an observation and kind of a gripe....if he's trying to "clean up his image" this wasn't the place for him to be eating lunch or dinner or whatever. Just my .02. :upsidedow

SIDENOTE: While the Gosselin's show Jon and Kate Plus 8 was on the air, the couple was making $75,000 per episode. And then they both went "all stupid" and started arguing and fighting and talking all this divorce crap. But apparently they have both realized that $75,000 divided by two is a whole lot better than 0 (zero) divided by two. Jon and Kate have finally come to their 'financial' senses and they will soon reconcile and both will then play nice-nice because of the tons of money- money.

http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm?headline=s4i63259

*****Please note - from "The Spoof.com". There's more "article" before this but it's not very family friendly but slightly funny.

Wow, was that a real interview? :confused3 I am assuming it is but wasn't sure because of the title of the website.

Jon was asked to comment on the fact that there is talk that he and Kate may be getting back together. He took the cigar out of his mouth and for some strange reason put it in his left ear, with the wet part inside his ear of course.

He laughed. He coughed. And he laughed again. He said that it is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter