Jon and Kate Plus 8 Official Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if its because its the first birthday since the official breakup, but I think J & K are making such a big deal about the twins birthday. Is it really necessary for the twins to spend every waking birthday moment with both parents?? How do you think the kids of families who have a mother or father in the military and stationed in Iraq or Afganistan feel about not spending their birthday with them??

You mean to tell me if J or K were offered big money to do an interview on Thursday in Hollywood they would turn it down?? I don't think so. I believe the reason they are so concerned about the twins birthday is because the guilt they feel for what those kids have gone through and continue to go through because of choices their parents made. JMO!!!

Yeah, the picture is a fake. I knew it as soon as I looked at it, because I had noticed that Jon holds his blackberry like I hold mine most of the time (because I get over 100 emails a day) with his thumb on the mouse. You can see that clearly when you look at the video.

And Jon did say Kate wants to change custody so I do think he was referring to her offering to swap days with him etc. It was clear he was going to continue reading her email but they kept asking questions. So I would say the omission was accidental.

JMHO, things look completely different when you're not trying to find fault with somebody. And only TanyaLovesPooh and a couple of others seemed to question the validity of the picture.

What picture am I questioning the validity of? Looks like a real picture of his phone to me, I never stated that it wasn't.

Actually if you listen to him read the email from ET online you get a better picture. After Kate outlines her proposal, she states "please let me know if this is suitable for you." That doesn't sound demanding to me.

Okay, so I am a bit confused. On Radar, Jon is walking down the street and acts like he just gets this email this morning. How is he now talking about it on ET? Is the ET studio right around the corner from his house?

Jon must have received this e-mail while he was out in California. Probably the night he talked with Larry King. When he was in NYC, he made it seem like he just received the e-mail, but he was actually looking for it on his phone. He wanted to prove to the pap and read it to them.

Sometimes late at nite, I'll watch TMZ, and they are always shocked when a celebrity responds to a camera.

I believe the reason they are so concerned about the twins birthday is because the guilt they feel for what those kids have gone through and continue to go through because of choices their parents made. JMO!!!

I agree and hope they are both feeling a little guilty, they certainly haven't made things easy for their family.

Jon must have received this e-mail while he was out in California. Probably the night he talked with Larry King. When he was in NYC, he made it seem like he just received the e-mail, but he was actually looking for it on his phone. He wanted to prove to the pap and read it to them.

Sometimes late at nite, I'll watch TMZ, and they are always shocked when a celebrity responds to a camera.

Yes OhMari, you must be right. It just doesn't make sense any other way.

Actually if you listen to him read the email from ET online you get a better picture. After Kate outlines her proposal, she states "please let me know if this is suitable for you." That doesn't sound demanding to me.

Okay, so I am a bit confused. On Radar, Jon is walking down the street and acts like he just gets this email this morning. How is he now talking about it on ET? Is the ET studio right around the corner from his house?

Now that I know he was on ET today, I'd say that that was who he was waiting for ie. the people who picked him up. He said he was going shopping for the girls for watches, and that was on ET.

Maybe she didn't sound demanding to you, but she doesn't have the right to unilaterally change the custody arrangements. As he says, he was supposed to have the kids from Thursday to Monday -- Kate decided it would be better for him to see the kids for 2 hours on Thursday and then just part of the weekend. Of course that isn't suitable.

If Kate didn't want to be around Jon on Cara and Mady's birthday, she should have been the one who saw them for only 2 hours and let Jon have his custody day. He was willing to put their differences aside and share his custody day with her.

Great post! Great to hear from somebody who has seen this from the other side ie. as a kid. :thumbsup2 I'm a Canadian, but even I know that Jackie had Jon Jon's birthday party the day they buried President Kennedy. Parents, including Kate, have to put their kids first, for real.

Thanks. I guess that's why I feel so irritated, I know how hard it was for me and could be for the Gosselin kids. Maybe J&K should call me!:laughing: Seriously though, they should (as hard as I'm sure it truly is) put aside their animosity and think of the kids 1st. Not 2nd, 3rd or 4th. I don't question their love for the kids, I honestly never have. I just think they've lost their focus. Maybe now that the show is stopped, they can regain that and truly co-parent.

As a side note, my parents went through a very bitter, nasty divorce. Yet on my wedding day they were both there for me. Both of them in the pictures together. I actually cried my eyes out when I received my wedding photo album and saw me, my DH and my parents all in the same picture. Considering all that's happened with them, it is so precious to me and my favorite wedding picture. :goodvibes

I agree and hope they are both feeling a little guilty, they certainly haven't made things easy for their family.

Agree.:thumbsup2:goodvibes

Ok, I haven't read every post but can speak from my experience as a divorced mom. While I've heard of instances where divorcing parents celebrate the holidays, birthdays etc together I can't imagine it. It would have been terribly painful to share those with my ex when the experience was still new. So -the kids got to celebrate their birthdays more than once and we alternated Thanksgivings. His family always celebrated on Christmas Eve and mine on Christmas Day and that is how we arranged it in our divorce decree. I ended up celebrating T-day with my kids on the Sunday before the holiday when it wasn't "my" year, and now that they are all grown we do that every year so they are free to celebrate with either their father or IL's. It is not a big deal to celebrate on more than the official day.

On the first show when the separation was brought up and Kate mentioned that they would share all the milestones I just knew that would be extrememly difficult to pull off. Really they are not Jon and Kate Plus Eight anymore. They are Jon and 8, and Kate and 8. As time passes and the kids get older it will get easier.

As a side note, my parents went through a very bitter, nasty divorce. Yet on my wedding day they were both there for me. Both of them in the pictures together. I actually cried my eyes out when I received my wedding photo album and saw me, my DH and my parents all in the same picture. Considering all that's happened with them, it is so precious to me and my favorite wedding picture. :goodvibes

I am glad you have that memory and picture, thank goodness they came together when you needed them. :hug:

My parents divorced when I was 13 and all they ever did was argue so the divorce was actually a blessing. Now 25 years later they are really good friends and actually even depend on each other for things. Time has a way of healing wounds as they say. Hopefully, time will do the same for the Gosselins.

Seriously....wow. I thought upon reading the story on Radar that a still shot of that part would have been quite the story.

Like I said, omissions are the same as lying in my book. Ya think Jon will learn not to talk now?

Just a thought, but I'm guessing Jon doesn't read all that fast, and maybe he reacted to the request for time and didn't read the rest in a timely manner.

Yeah, I'm stretching, but please Jon, stop talking. It makes it worse every single time! We didn't need to know any of this. (and we say that every day)

Just a thought, but I'm guessing Jon doesn't read all that fast, and maybe he reacted to the request for time and didn't read the rest in a timely manner.

Yeah, I'm stretching, but please Jon, stop talking. It makes it worse every single time! We didn't need to know any of this. (and we say that every day)

It certainly is possible, and yeah they both need to just zip it.

For some reason I'm rather speechless at Jon's little press conference with the paparazzi this morning. I'd love to know who the woman was that told him "this is really bad"

Can we all at least agree that Jon doesn't need to be on TV every night? He has been one or more shows every night since last night Thursday. Kate should NOT have gone on The Today show or called The View either, but Jon REALLY needs to STOP his nightly appearances. With their court date delayed, they should both shut up and have a week of Gosselin silence. No news, nothing to talk about, give it a rest.

I thought that was what you meant when you said "I wonder if it is true" or something to that effect. What did you mean?

I am not sure, I think I have had my head in Gosselin land far too much today. Time for a break for sure. :)

After reading my last post to you, it seemed a little harsh. I didn't mean for it to be, sorry for that. :flower3:

For some reason I'm rather speechless at Jon's little press conference with the paparazzi this morning. I'd love to know who the woman was that told him "this is really bad"

Can we all at least agree that Jon doesn't need to be on TV every night? He has been one or more shows every night since last night Thursday. Kate should NOT have gone on The Today show or called The View either, but Jon REALLY needs to STOP his nightly appearances. With their court date delayed, they should both shut up and have a week of Gosselin silence. No news, nothing to talk about, give it a rest.

Totally agree!!!

I am not sure, I think I have had my head in Gosselin land far too much today. Time for a break for sure. :)

After reading my last post to you, it seemed a little harsh. I didn't mean for it to be, sorry for that. :flower3:

No worries.

I think we're all feeling that way after being on this thread the past week. It's all too much, too insane, and still too unpredictable. :scared1::scared1::scared1:

:thumbsup2 That would be nice. Maybe we could talk J&K into another 45 days of silence. :laughing:

I felt that way on Monday, and I didn't even know he'd been on the Insider on Friday. :lmao: But maybe that was just because of the all-day thing starting with Kate (whether it's Kate or Jon talking they're still discussing the same story)

He must be getting paid for some of the appearances. He must be worried about walking into divorce court with no job prospects at all.

I felt that way on Monday, and I didn't even know he'd been on the Insider on Friday. :lmao: But maybe that was just because of the all-day thing starting with Kate (whether it's Kate or Jon talking they're still discussing the same story)

He must be getting paid for some of the appearances. He must be worried about walking into divorce court with no job prospects at all.

Well so much for that. He is going to be on ET again tomorrow night and the rest of his taped interview will air on The Insider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter