Jon and Kate Plus 8, Official Thread-Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you....hard to believe huh?! :rotfl:

I think she dresses appropriately for her age. She doesn't dress like a teenager and I think she looks nice. I personally wouldn't do my hair like that, but I don't like short hair on me.

And you guys thought we were bad before we met...;):rotfl:

As far as her hair, she's got "nurse" hair. In my experience (as a p/t stylist), nurses and stylists tend to have the same hair (probably has something to do with the odd number of girls who attend nursing school after deciding hair school wasn't for them and vice versa).

I thought I was the only one that notices this! :)

I'm betting you're older than Kate (as probably are most of your DD's friends' moms). I think she dresses pretty appropriately for a woman in her early-mid thirties. I don't know any teens who would wear Ann Taylor. :laughing:

As far as her hair, she's got "nurse" hair. In my experience (as a p/t stylist), nurses and stylists tend to have the same hair (probably has something to do with the odd number of girls who attend nursing school after deciding hair school wasn't for them and vice versa). In a public setting, I can usually point out a stylist or a nurse. Obviously there are exceptions to the rule (I had the longest hair of any stylist I know until a month ago when I chopped off seven inches, and it's still "long" by stylist standards).

I do know the moms you're talking about, as they pay my bills (I make more two days a week at the salon than I do working in the schools during the week), but Kate's still young and can pull it off, I think.

i'm older than she is, but i tend to be older than my dd's peer's moms, and ALLOT older than ds's (and adding to the mix are the blended families where stepmom in the home where the kids live ft is maybe only 15 years older than their teen-which as far as the teens are concerned is still "way too old to look that way"-so while some may feel a certain age group can carry off a style, the target market for that style is "grossed out" (dd's words) that they would try to). there's one step mom at dd's school who i hope is unaware that she's referred to as "margene"-because her style of dress and behaviour is identical to the character on "big love" (initialy the kids thought it was cool that she liked the same music, books and movies they do-now they think it's realy creepy and you can see her son is very embarrassed by it).

it's not so much the clothes as far as dd and her set are concerned-it's the hair, makeup (or fake tan) and the uber white teeth that seems to set these mom's apart.

i do know what you are saying about that type of hair though-whenever i see that style it reminds me of when i used to use a beauty college to get my nails done (back pre kids when i did that kind of stuff:rotfl:) and it looked like all the students did on their down time was experiment on each other's hair. if you went on a regular basis and saw classes cycle in and out you could tell what point they at in the instruction process by what was going on with their hair (must have learned streaks and tips this week cuz they all have streaks and tips:rotfl:). my current hairdresser jokes that she can go into a hair salon and pretty accuratly guess how long one of the stylists has been out of beauty school by the way their own hair and make up is done (she contends the newbies go with the trends they believe are the most current while the more experienced ones have figured out the ones that are the most flattering to themselves).

Nada for me.
have you ever tried zabasearch? LOL.

I know that not everyone comes up in a google search, but a LOT of people do. It's been the source of concern/discussion/controversy over the years. And with Google Street View, you can see people's houses. It's creepy.

Still think it's creepy for someone to post their address, even if it is readily available. :scared:
agreed.

I'm betting you're older than Kate (as probably are most of your DD's friends' moms). I think she dresses pretty appropriately for a woman in her early-mid thirties. I don't know any teens who would wear Ann Taylor. :laughing:

::: shortened quote :::

but Kate's still young and can pull it off, I think.

Having seen Kate in person ;) .. I would agree. She dresses similarly to friends of mine roughly the same age.

(www.imbd.com lists Kate as recently turned 34)

OMG :lmao::lmao:so funny! "skanky jack o lantern" :laughing:

Although I do like J&K plus 8, I also like the Table for 12 family. They seem like more down to earth, laid back parents. I totally get Kate's need to control...that chaos would drive me bonkers, but her attitude gets to me sometimes.

I like that the Table for 12 mom seems like she can take it all in stride. I like that the mom and dad can laugh together and at themselves. I don't think they're ugly at all...just regular people :confused3

I totally agree with with you on "Table for 12"..I only started watching it last week. To me, these parents are more the "norm" then J&K. Don't get me wrong, I know each family is different, and we all run our households differently.;)
I mean on CHristmas morning, the kids all had different pjs on, that would never happen on an episode of J&K..
Table for 12, just seems more of the average family to me.
In Table for 12,I dont think they are ugly, I think they are normal to me. They dont seem all fixed up and made up like J&K..What I love the most is they dont dress all the kids the same

:lmao:about the "nurse" hair. Totally see that! I also agree though that I think Kate dresses very age-appropriate and except for maybe the heels sometimes, I find her clothes to be very stylish and reasonable for her income/lifestyle.

I also agree about the "cuteness" factor of Table of 12. I really want to like that show, I really do. And seriously, I don't know how a family of 12 can be boring, but they are! I know the chaos is "real" but I just find it to be so annoying. At least the Gosselin chaos entertains me. I'll give it one more week, but I am quickly losing interest!

I totally agree with with you on "Table for 12"..I only started watching it last week. To me, these parents are more the "norm" then J&K. Don't get me wrong, I know each family is different, and we all run our households differently.;)
I mean on CHristmas morning, the kids all had different pjs on, that would never happen on an episode of J&K..
Table for 12, just seems more of the average family to me.
In Table for 12,I dont think they are ugly, I think they are normal to me. They dont seem all fixed up and made up like J&K..What I love the most is they dont dress all the kids the same

You dont color coordinate your family for Christmas morning!! I know I only have 2 kid, but I always had them in matching Christmas PJ's. I'm also thinking that if you had 6 kids of the same age it would be just easier to dress them alike.

I always said I wouldn't dress my kids alike, but it was easier and they liked it.

I think Kate dresses just right for her age!...Very similar to myself and Iam also 34!:)...I think she looks great!!:thumbsup2....she is certaintly very pretty and Jon has grown on me....;)

I think Kate dresses okay.
The Shakey Bakey Pumkin thing, :happytv:

I have a really hard time finding clothes.
I went last weekend, and there is no way, I
am wearing puffy, ruffled short sleeves.
What is with the ruffles on all the shirts lately?

Madge-leaving for Kentucky tonite, and it better be warm and no rain.:rotfl:

I enjoy the show. actually my dd age 9 likes to watch it with me also. we started watching it like 9 mths ago, so reruns are fine with us. I havent seen the season finale but the last few episodes- something does seem wrong with their marriage. I do feel like they are a good fit though.Im sure they can work it out and feel like part of it is for ratings sometimes. which is sad to say. The kids are cute and getting older, so I do not see this last but another season. Once they are 5 they off to kindergarten. who are they going to film all day- the dogs..:confused3 I have no problem seeing them dressed alike on christmas morning either. Mine dress alike every year since they were little on christmas morning.. Its the little things that make me happy!

as far as the table of 12- nope not interesting at all. I dont see it lasting more than this season..

I have a really hard time finding clothes.
I went last weekend, and there is no way, I
am wearing puffy, ruffled short sleeves.
What is with the ruffles on all the shirts lately?
I have no idea .. but between the tissue weight of the fabric, and the styles that are out now, I'm having an awful time finding anything remotely fashionable that looks good on me. :headache:

Madge-leaving for Kentucky tonite, and it better be warm and no rain.:rotfl:

you'll miss tonight's storms .. Bowling Green is under a tornado watch right now. Tomorrow is supposed to be in the upper 50's (highs)
Bowling Green forecast

Have a great time!! People are in a very good mood these days, since the University of Kentucky hired a new basketball coach :cool1:

I'll admit it. I watched Table for 12 this week. The first episode was from last Christmas. Dad ran over to the preschool to watch the tup’s Christmas program and later explained why it was so important for him to be involved in his children’s activities and lives — His own father was not involved w/his family, so he does all he can to be active in his own kid’s lives. Chaos reigned supreme Christmas morning and my first thoughts were of the criticism they would get for their kids being wild, but in my eyes, their kids reminded me of my family years ago; tearing into gifts all at once, pushing to see what the other got, impatience, and it was all followed by a hot yummy breakfast.

The second episode was about a special day for Rebecca? the tup daughter with CP. The family went to a special therapy horse farm for an evaluation for possible intervention and help for her.

During an interview part, Mom was saying what she hoped to gain from the special day and what she’d heard about horse therapy helping children with CP. The therapy offered at this special farm was quite comprehensive and impressive. Mom and Dad explained some of Rebecca’s health issues such as why she can’t see, she can hear, doesn’t speak, how touch is important, etc. Mom told of some of the goals she had for Rebecca such as building strength in her trunk area, more stability to hold up her head and one thing she really wished was to one day hear her daughter tell her she loved her. And with that, she teared up, put her hands to her face and then saying she needed to leave, got up from her chair and left the scene. And, I cried too. I can’t imagine the challenges and the highs and lows that come with raising a child with special needs and my heart and praise goes out to all of you who do!

So far anyway, the Hayes family appears to me to be genuine. They seem to be hands-on parents and express their love to the kids and each other. It killed me to see the look of sadness and helplessness in the dad’s eyes when the Mom was talking about their daughter. IMO little comparison can be made between the Hayes and Gosselin shows - so far anyway. In the beginning of J&K I'd have thought differently, but the tone and subject matter of J&K's show has changed and for me it's just not the same family I hurried to watch each week. Their show now sometimes looks to me like it's a forced and painful process (almost like a chore) just to film an episode. I hope J&K can find and bring back that special 'spark' they had - to the show and to their family relationships. I’ll continue to watch the Hayes show until/unless I see production overpowering reality. And will check in with J&K to see if it's changed.

Mrs. Hayes did an interview saying their goal for the show was to bring awareness of the issues of raising a child with CP (and raising a large family). If the first 2 episodes of Table for 12 are an indication of what’s to come I personally feel this family has something to offer and that I can learn from their struggles and triumphs. I liked the first 2 shows much better than their special and will watch unless they change the focus from being about a family loving and living with a child who has CP to one where we rarely get a glimpse of their interactions with her. I hope TLC has another hit on their hands - for everyone's benefit. Of course, all IMO, only. :)

I haven't seen the second episode of Table for 12, but I loved the first one where Mom was talking about having to ride in the back of the car and Dad kept picking on her. I was cracking up at the conversation. It seemed very natural and showed that they can joke around with each other, unlike what we have seen with J&K in a log time.

Here are a couple of articles you might be interested in. J&K/TLC have announced the 5th season of their show --- along with a possible trip to Korea (or at least that's what the speculators are betting on).

http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/04/jon-and-kate-co.html
'Jon & Kate Plus 8' gets another season: Are we happy?
Apr 2, 2009, 05:02 PM | by Margaret Lyons

So Jon & Kate Plus 8 is returning for a fifth season. Um....yay? At today's TLC upfront, the parents were on hand to offer generic platitudes about the upcoming season. Jon said to "expect the unexpected," and Kate added that "[the family will] be taking a very exciting trip in the near future. Not to give it away, but it'll take us back to our roots." Oh man, I hate "trip" episodes.

I'm not sure that I want another season with the Gosselins, and not just because they often seem, oh, completely miserable.* Also because what I used to like about the show has diminished in recent seasons: I liked the documentary vibe back in the day, when the show felt like it was capturing an unusual family doing ordinary things. Now, so much of the show is about the show itself -- there's a meta element here that's just not my style.

http://news-briefs.ew.com/2009/04/jon-kate-plus-8.html
'Jon & Kate Plus 8' to return for fifth season
Apr 2, 2009, 03:59 PM | by Lynette Rice

TLC announced today that Jon & Kate Plus 8 will return for a fifth season. The popular show that attracted record ratings for its March 23 finale will join a busy roster of returning programs, such as 18 Kids and Counting, A Baby Story, American Chopper, What Not to Wear, and Little People, Big World.

The cable network has also introduced a host of new series -- more than 19 in all -- that will help fill its schedule in the coming year. They include The Little Couple (a series about newlyweds Bill Klein and Jen Arnold, both of whom are under 4-feet tall); Freakin Fabulous With Clinton Kelly (a fashion show based on his book of the same name); Making Over America With Trinny & Susannah (featuring the original U.K. hosts of What Not to Wear), The General (featuring an interior-designer-turned-contractor), and Mom, Inc. (a new series from Kelly Ripa and Mark Consuelos that helps struggling entrepreneurs).

Who else wants to bet that this will be their 5th and final season? I don't know how they'll fill another whole season.

Here are a couple of articles you might be interested in. J&K/TLC have announced the 5th season of their show --- along with a possible trip to Korea (or at least that's what the speculators are betting on).

:lmao:
10 days of speculation have come to an end. whew.

I thought I was the only one that notices this! :)

Haha, I'm tellin' you!! Just be aware that your nurse may have flunked out of hair school, or your stylist may know more than you'd ever care to hear about blood pressure.

have you ever tried zabasearch? LOL.

I know that not everyone comes up in a google search, but a LOT of people do. It's been the source of concern/discussion/controversy over the years. And with Google Street View, you can see people's houses. It's creepy.

agreed.

When I receive a phone call from a number I don't recognize, I Google it. One time, it pulled up the person's name, map to their house and photo of the residence. Talk about a stalker's dream!

You dont color coordinate your family for Christmas morning!! I know I only have 2 kid, but I always had them in matching Christmas PJ's. I'm also thinking that if you had 6 kids of the same age it would be just easier to dress them alike.

I always said I wouldn't dress my kids alike, but it was easier and they liked it.

My uncles were a year apart, and they were dressed alike until they started picking their own clothes. Easier to see them in a crowd, and no fighting over clothes. My oldest uncle did the same when he had two sons who were close in age. I'd bet it's easier to dress the boys alike. Of course, my three year old is now very fashion conscious (I attribute that to so many women in our family) and picky about what he wears. Luckily he's got a cool, hip personal shopper. ;):lmao:

:lmao:
10 days of speculation have come to an end. whew.

I know you, especially, were on pins and needles.

As an aside...I miss Disney World. I caught a whiff of something in Target today, and it smelled just like the gift shop at BC. I'm ready for another vacation. :rolleyes1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter