Jon and Kate Plus 8 official Thread, Part 2!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not long after I posted my experience, I realized that there was a possibility that I could be somehow hurting the host church, which was not my intent. :(

Madge, I read your post about Kate's appearance, the church service, etc and in no way did I feel that anything you wrote hurt the host church at all. In fact, if I lived in the area, I'd probably check them out because of the complimentary things you said about them. So, don't worry. I applaud the church for working so hard on developing their Core series and I wish them much success because of it. I'm just sorry that Kate didn't deliver a warmer and more thoughtful and personal talk for them.

Okay I give. Why is Kate on "Say yes to the dress."

She was on their show last season to pick out a new dress to wear to her 'remarriage' to Jon. They're both on TLC so it was crossover advertising for both shows.

Madge, I read your post about Kate's appearance, the church service, etc and in no way did I feel that anything you wrote hurt the host church at all. In fact, if I lived in the area, I'd probably check them out because of the complimentary things you said about them. So, don't worry. I applaud the church for working so hard on developing their Core series and I wish them much success because of it. I'm just sorry that Kate didn't deliver a warmer and more thoughtful and personal talk for them.

I appreciate your kind words :) But I should have stood by what I posted, left it alone and not panicked and deleted stuff.

J&K+8 Marathon today starting at 1:00. It looks like the first two will be the "specials" pre - show contract. Those are the shows that I love!!

I've been having computer problems and was finally able to see the link to the article from London - holy cats! I don't know that I could watch Kate on a talk show - I wonder who would be on her show??? I also think it's a bit rude to not answer all the questions - they have to be aware that people are wondering what the heck is going on. Even if you don't want to "spill your guts", at least give some kind of answer unless the question is truly insulting. I don't think it's good to just ignore things and hope they go away. I also have to agree with the other poster about showing Kate actually shopping and using the coupons she's spending her days clipping.

So I guess I'm going to watch a little bit of J&K today while I'm trying to get the house cleaned before in laws come in a couple of weeks.:rolleyes1

I also have a question - does anyone know what kind of "freebies" they got when the kids were born that were "for life" or what kind of freebies they're getting now?? I'm just curious personally.

Someone post when the Disney episode comes on...it always comes on before I leave for Disney. The last two times it came on just as I finished packing around midnight, and I fell asleep watching it. That must be the connection for me. ;)

Someone post when the Disney episode comes on...it always comes on before I leave for Disney. The last two times it came on just as I finished packing around midnight, and I fell asleep watching it. That must be the connection for me. ;)

Woo Hoo...it's almost time!!! We are almost there!! :cool1:

Did anyone else notice when they showed them shopping in Sam's club there wasn't a whole lot of organic stuff? On the cart there was Goldfish, PopTarts.... I wonder when she decided to go all organic?

I also have a question - does anyone know what kind of "freebies" they got when the kids were born that were "for life" or what kind of freebies they're getting now?? I'm just curious personally.

I don't know what freebies they may have gotten 'for life' but the things they're getting long-term and more recently are:
Gymboree clothes for the kids,
Ann Taylor clothes for Kate,
Croc's shoes,
Juicy Juice,
Proctor and Gamble cleaning and laundry products,
all new Whirlpool kitchen appliances,
all new Whirlpool Duet washers and dryers - 2 of each,
whole house full of new Lane furniture - livingroom, diningroom, familyrooms- both upstairs and downstairs,
entrance into all of the themeparks they visit,
transportation to the destinations they visit on the show such as WDW, Crayola Factory, San Diego Legoland, etc,
airfare,
V-tech toys
Grains For Life foods (the crackers and snacks you see them eating)
The Gap
Banana Republic clothing
Radians Car Seats
Dura-Bib products for the kids
Pur Water - P&G
Custom made strollers when the tups were younger
Graco child products
Diapers, formula, childcare products when the tups were younger
Johnson & Johnson shampoos, etc
Beds
For their speaking engagements they require first class airline accomodations, and lodging and bodyguard fees (approx. $1600/day).

Watch the very end of each show where they list the credits of who worked on the program. There will be a list of businesses that donated things to the show - that's where airlines, hotels, amusement parks, etc are listed as well as local businesses that may have given free tours or furnished products -- like where Jon picked up his wedding clothes in Hawaii - the clothes were free to him in exchange for 'free advertising' by the show featuring their shop in the episode. At the end of the show the shop's name is listed along with the hotel, airline, etc.

I'm sure there are many more that I don't know about or have forgotten, but this should give you an idea.

there's a new deal with Lane furniture. Kate is also a spokesperson for Kmart ... yet, she chose shopping at Target over Kmart last week when she was in town.

Wow guys thanks for the list! I guess I figure the closes and stuff but when you see a list like that it makes you really go :eek:

So I've been watching the "older" shows off and on (DS4 keeps saying "my favorite show after Cars is on again!") and it's amazing how much things have changed. It does look like many service providers came right to the house (right now the kids are getting their hair cut in their high chairs it looks like) - I think that's something that we talked about a few pages back when Kate said she didn't leave the house in the first two years. It's also amazing how much other people are there helping them out - Carla going to Candy World (or something like that) when Jon had to work, going to Beth and Bob's (I think that's the right names!) after the 4th of July parade. It really made me stop when Jon said how they (Beth and Bob) are their closest friends and how much time they spend together.

Another to add to the "freebie" list - free hair cuts until the kids are five...

To those going to Disney this week - have a wonderful trip!! I'm jealous that you're going! :rolleyes1 We'll be hoping for some nice warm, dry weather for you!!:flower3:

I don't know what freebies they may have gotten 'for life' but the things they're getting long-term and more recently are:
Gymboree clothes for the kids,
Ann Taylor clothes for Kate,
Croc's shoes,
Juicy Juice,
Proctor and Gamble cleaning and laundry products,
all new Whirlpool kitchen appliances,
all new Whirlpool Duet washers and dryers - 2 of each,
whole house full of new Lane furniture - livingroom, diningroom, familyrooms- both upstairs and downstairs,
entrance into all of the themeparks they visit,
transportation to the destinations they visit on the show such as WDW, Crayola Factory, San Diego Legoland, etc,
airfare,
V-tech toys
Grains For Life foods (the crackers and snacks you see them eating)
The Gap
Banana Republic clothing
Radians Car Seats
Dura-Bib products for the kids
Pur Water - P&G
Custom made strollers when the tups were younger
Graco child products
Diapers, formula, childcare products when the tups were younger
Johnson & Johnson shampoos, etc
Beds
For their speaking engagements they require first class airline accomodations, and lodging and bodyguard fees (approx. $1600/day).

Watch the very end of each show where they list the credits of who worked on the program. There will be a list of businesses that donated things to the show - that's where airlines, hotels, amusement parks, etc are listed as well as local businesses that may have given free tours or furnished products -- like where Jon picked up his wedding clothes in Hawaii - the clothes were free to him in exchange for 'free advertising' by the show featuring their shop in the episode. At the end of the show the shop's name is listed along with the hotel, airline, etc.

I'm sure there are many more that I don't know about or have forgotten, but this should give you an idea.

Don't forget hair plugs and tummy tuck.

Don't forget hair plugs and tummy tuck.

there were also some freebies in the earliest days from the Giant grocery chain.
the piano was donated.
Ellen gave them bikes
more recently, they featured a Nintendo Wii.
the college fund set up by the state of Pennsylvania

I wonder if TLC is donating money towards the purchase of the new house? I think I remember Jon and Kate saying there would be a new studio (think that's what they called it) in the new house.

Was the big van also donated?

What about the dental visits? (Kids and whitening for Jon and Kate.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter