Johnny Depp Trial

Johnny Depp just fell asleep in court. I can't stop giggling.
I saw that today and I think he nodded off one other day when I was watching too.

And to no one in particular, what happened with Jennifer Howell? I thought she was supposed to have a lot of important info for the Depp side and they didn’t show much.

I saw that today and I think he nodded off one other day when I was watching too.

And to no one in particular, what happened with Jennifer Howell? I thought she was supposed to have a lot of important info for the Depp side and they didn’t show much.
I had to go and listen to it again. It was difficult to understand because it was so heavily edited. She was expected to have a lot of info refuting testimony given by Amber’s sister Whitney but that didn’t happen. I’m not sure why. At the end she said she was guaranteed 20 minutes with “them”. She said it was because they had “attacked her for 3 and a half hours by your side last time.” Then she ended the deposition. She addressed it to someone named Richard, I have no clue who that is. It sounds like she was very upset over her treatment during a previous deposition and laid down rules for this one. She was guaranteed the deposition would be no longer than 20 minutes and when that time expired she ended the questioning. I’m not sure which team was questioning her at the end. One of the things they addressed was the letter she wrote for the court in the UK trial. I believe that letter has been entered into evidence but I’m not sure if it’s been shown to the jury.
Hopefully we’ll get to see Kate Moss tomorrow.

Last edited:

Johnny Depp just fell asleep in court. I can't stop giggling.

I've watched a few minutes here and there and realized how terribly sad the whole thing is.

Anyway, I'm kind of fascinated about the 'court of public opinion' more than the tragic toxic relationship. Anyway, the court of public opinion would have skewered Heard had she dozed off.

Is anyone watching on LegalBytes or any of the Lawtube streams? I really enjoy the commentary they provide in when the room goes silent during sidebars and on breaks.

@theSurlyMermaid, I may have to check that out. I've been watching People's stream. The comments are hysterical.

Some of the Lawtube lawyers have been in court most every day. After trial they come on the stream to talk all jury reactions. I have become just utterly addicted to these streams. All of their channels have just taken off and the story behind that is almost as interesting as the trial. I watch LegalBytes but Emily D. Baker’s stream is probably the most popular. I like LegalBytes because of the different attorneys who all watch together.

JD does not seem very good on the stand. Stammering, pausing, lot's of um's. Pull it together.

She keeps smirking at him.

JD does not seem very good on the stand. Stammering, pausing, lot's of um's. Pull it together.

She keeps smirking at him.
I agree - he definitely needs to pull it together. I’m sure he’s not drunk or on drugs while on the stand, but he sure acts like it.

Holy Shimoly I think that the rebuttal of Amber Heard's expert witnesses has been totally on point. Made them look silly and got them to get really defensive on the stand. That is the one thing expert witnesses can't do. Heard made a huge mistake in bringing up Kate Moss' name. Moss just made her look like a liar when she said JD never pushed, kicked, or threw her down any stairs. Lastly, Johnny's redirect, to clarify some of the previous testimony has been very good for him. No matter what you say about him, he is by far not perfect and has anger and substance issues, but he is engaging as hell and comes across as very likable. IMO

Why does it matter what type of bottle that severed his finger was thrown?

This attorney is grasping straws.

I switched to LegalBytes feed. It's fantastic and there aren't the bots that are on People's feed.

"That's not how copyrights work?" shouted everyone watching.

Thank you for the recommendation @theSurlyMermaid!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter