• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Johnny Depp Trial

Feeling like something is inappropriate does not equate to being easily triggered. What I like to do is pay attention to key words that people use. When someone uses trigger (or triggered) in such a way it's also telling (see the ** below).

Unhinged? Nah but certainly something else and interestingly you were kinda not really even the person I was thinking of although yes you did laugh as those of us who dared to respond seriously on a serious thread. Interesting that you took my comment in such a way to divulge your personality by means of your explanation above when you weren't even the main thought in my mind.

**Same with the usage of snowflakes and woke and other such language. Those who use certain words tend to be of a certain type of person.

Enjoy your day
You have a talent. Good day to you to.

I hope they don’t end up breaking apart. The world is better with them together. I’ve heard them called “America’s parents”.
Maybe Johnny is the father of Amber’s baby.
Anything is possible and nothing surprises me anymore.

Maintaining a sense of humor is a great way to cope. I have never understood people who can't see comedy in even the most tragic events. That is not how my brain and soul works.

I see comedy everywhere, even in the most tragic situations.
This exactly. Lots of people cope with humor or use humor to deal with terrible jobs or daily stressful situations. Widows make jokes about their dead husbands, I've seen parents make jokes after their children have died. Its a way to deal with the suck that can be daily life. It doesn't mean you are an awful person. It doesn't mean that you don't care or aren't hurting. Not everyone finds it funny, and thats ok. Not everyone has to. But in the same vein, not everyone has to be serious and "correct" all the time either.

This exactly. Lots of people cope with humor or use humor to deal with terrible jobs or daily stressful situations. Widows make jokes about their dead husbands, I've seen parents make jokes after their children have died. Its a way to deal with the suck that can be daily life. It doesn't mean you are an awful person. It doesn't mean that you don't care or aren't hurting. Not everyone finds it funny, and thats ok. Not everyone has to. But in the same vein, not everyone has to be serious and "correct" all the time either.
My dad had a great sense of humor. He tried to find the proverbial funny in every situation. When he died, we were sitting around in the funeral home and telling stories about dad. The more stories we told, the more we laughed.

My dad's sister walked over to us and let us have it. How dare we laugh at his funeral! Did we have no respect? We just let her vent. After she walked away, we went right back to swapping funny stories about dad and laughing. Dad would have liked that.

Even Amber and Johnny have been seen laughing or smiling during various points in the trial.

So back to our regularly scheduled programming...

Did anybody see this video clip? It's a bit long, but the psychologist goes into a pretty great explanation of things. The MMPI is pretty much a gold standard of personality/psychological test measures.

I also watched a video clip yesterday in which the defense attorney hammered the psychologist over muffins. It was obvious that the defense attorney was trying to imply that the psychologist's husband bought the muffins specifically for Amber Heard, when in actuality, the psychologist's husband only knew that his psychologist wife was doing an assessment that day of SOMEBODY (did not know WHO it was for)...and he regularly got muffins for his wife to bring into the office on client assessment days.

As more of the trial unfolds so far, to me, it confirms what I've thought all along...that Amber is more than a bit of a nut job. I'm not excusing Johnny Depp's drug and alcohol abuse at all, of course. But his ex-wife is crazy.

I mean...this is a woman who lost her mind and got furiously mad at him when he did something as simple as taking off his shoes by himself.

Even if he doesn't win this defamation case, I kind of think that so far, so much of the truth has been uncovered and made public now that it's pretty apparent that SHE has been the aggressor, not him.

Amber, of course, is countersuing him for 2x as much money as he is suing her for. Her prosecution will be full of a bunch of made up nonsense, which his attorneys will shoot down with much more skill and finesse than her legal team has. One of her lawyers last week objected to his own question!

THE best thing that Johnny Depp has ever done? Getting sober. #2 best thing? Divorcing Amber Heard.

Heaven help whoever she ends up with next.

I know nothing about law or legal strategies. Will Depp's team call Amber? To many sidebars....

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter