• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Johnny Depp Trial

The media circus has to do with making sure the facts are out there. Acting is his career and she destroyed it with lies she wrote about. I think its important for it to be public so the facts get out there for all to see. Not just for this trial but for all who suffer from abuse by woman not just men. It's important that we don't just believe a man is guilty until proven innocent. A horrible injustice was done to Johnny but, even more so to true victims of domestic violence.

Having this public makes every detail known and I believe it was the right thing to do. For those who suffer from abuse at the hands of women this is very important. I think with the Me Too movement where everyone just assumes women are the only victims of violence by men this could change minds. Just because a man is bigger and stronger doesn't mean a tiny woman couldn't destroy him and harm him.

I would like to see more thought go into just believing a woman just because she is a woman. Our legal system has made it way to easy for a woman to destroy a man before really investigating whether an abuse occurred. I hope somehow this trial will change how we perceive abuse victims based on gender.
This is so true, and I've seen that side of it myself. My son thought he had found a nice, moral lady but she turned out to be psycho! She beat him up once and he just held his arms out so she would not hit him and she called the police and HE got arrested!!! He got released pretty quickly though. They thought a 6 foot tall man couldn't possibly be the subject of abuse from a barely 5 foot woman! It was horrible and he finally got away from her, but it was scary for a while. She was truly mental but looked fine. I can understand what Johnny Depp went through for some of it. Very sad that our society thinks it's always the man. But maybe after this trial things will change.

Not even for $300 million and 1 million Alpacas. He refuses to return to the role as they found him guilty until proven innocent.

The fact is after weeks of testimony from anyone from friends, staff and even a psychologist stating Amber has two mental disorders, Amber seems to be the perpetrator of the abuse and violence. I watch the trial looking at her. She goes from a vacant stare to her eyes shooting in every direction. What is interesting is how much that girl can write and avoid eye contact when a witness destroys her claims. I mean what the heck is she writing non stop about. Also, what about that guy on her legal team who consistently seems tripped up while talking and then even objected to his own questions 😂.

The constant testimonies of her grotesque abuse seem worrisome as she could likely resort to something more sinister if this doesn't go her way.

Having said all this the evidence against Johnny regarding his substance abuse was also very sad. Amber seemed to be a trigger and an antagonist. People are wondering why he didn't just leave. Well, given his past he is susceptible to stay with his abuser. Don't we usually wonder why a woman stays? As a victim of domestic violence myself I know one of my reasons I stayed was due to the fact that I was worried it would get worse. You believe that if you leave they won't leave you alone and it will get even worse. For example, they will stalk you and harm you or those around you. Amber threatened him with legal actions as well. And guess what? She did.

And she cut his finger off. The end.
We hope it’s the end. She’s not been convicted of anything and she roams free. Good thing he and his family have security to protect them all from that violent nut.

They're just two young people learning from their mistakes. They'll probably both become wiser adults for it.
How old are you? Says 47 on your name. You realize you're 11 years older than Heard and 11 years younger than Depp? Young people lol I'll be sure to pass that along to my mom who is a few years older than Depp, I suppose I could take it as a compliment given I'm only a few years younger than Heard :rotfl2:

The behaviors (especially Heard) could not be misconstrued as a "mistake" It's disheartening that someone would even chalk it up to that.

I'm not sure you know who you are talking about.

They're just two young people learning from their mistakes. They'll probably both become wiser adults for it.
Cutting someone's finger off...oppsies just a mistake. Destroyed your reputation and years of income... oopsies a mistake. It's for your own good you see, that I'm cutting off your finger ... so you'll be wiser...

I can't dude, I honestly can't.

I think the exploitation of children of the rich is just as important as a rich celebrity being abused by a girlfriend. One we hid and one we put out for all to see.
There are way too many people in high power to let that information out for all to see.

I want to see more of these public trials happening so the legal system and media can't deny,twist, distort or outright lie to the public anymore.

This might seem like a celebrity with first world problems but, its really about justice. Justice for any man regardless of status who has had a woman destroy him simply because she is a female.

Women can be abusers. They choose men they know won't hurt them back. They feel free to kick, punch, threaten and control. They usually first trap them with being overly affectionate and seeming perfect. Then they beat the man down and stress him out until he is weakened in spirit. Then it gets physically abusive and controlling.

It's not right. She shouldn't be allowed to fabricate lies just so she can be the center of attention or relevant. She latched onto a movement for the attention and to beat Johnny to the chase. He told her he was filing for divorce and she ran and did it first. Then she sold her story of abuse. This way he couldn't claim she abused him. Even though he wouldn't have. She probably feared he would.

Guess I would have never thought on a thread about domestic violence someone would be joking about it but I suppose I was wrong, quite telling about what kind of people are though with the laughs

The laughing and joking on this thread are gross. Guarantee the poop would hit the fan if roles were reversed and people were making the same jokes.

I hope they don’t end up breaking apart. The world is better with them together. I’ve heard them called “America’s parents”.

Guess I would have never thought on a thread about domestic violence someone would be joking about it but I suppose I was wrong, quite telling about what kind of people are though with the laughs
Yes. Im a terrible person because I laughed on this thread. I found it humorous how easily people are triggered to the point they can't recognize when someone is clearly not serious. But, then again I also laugh at politicly incorrect jokes. I am also sarcastic and can be inappropriate at times. As you can tell from a couple of sentences on a post on a Disney thread I am completely unhinged.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yes. Im a terrible person because I laughed on this thread. I found it humorous how easily people are triggered to the point they can't recognize when someone is clearly not serious. But, then again I also laugh at politicly incorrect jokes. I am also sarcastic and can be inappropriate at times. As you can tell from a couple of sentences on a post on a Disney thread I am completely unhinged.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Feeling like something is inappropriate does not equate to being easily triggered. What I like to do is pay attention to key words that people use. When someone uses trigger (or triggered) in such a way it's also telling (see the ** below).

Unhinged? Nah but certainly something else and interestingly you were kinda not really even the person I was thinking of although yes you did laugh as those of us who dared to respond seriously on a serious thread. Interesting that you took my comment in such a way to divulge your personality by means of your explanation above when you weren't even the main thought in my mind.

**Same with the usage of snowflakes and woke and other such language. Those who use certain words tend to be of a certain type of person.

Enjoy your day

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Thank you. It is humanly possible to appreciate the gravity of the human condition while simultaneously acknowledging that this situation AND the fact that people are clearly spending all their time obsessed with it are TOTALLY RIDICULOUS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter