Jodi's bridal journal (posts welcome) - I'm back!

Jodi,
Are you buying the dress at David's? They talked me into buying a dress that was way too big for me as well! I was about a size 8 at the time and since I am well endowed :o they told me I needed to buy a size 16 dress! This thing was huge on me but they insisted it would be easier to alter the huge one to smaller than to make a smaller one bigger on top. Well, bottom line is they were wrong! I ended up going to another bridal salon to have the alterations done and they told me that the people at David's(the sales people) are not professional seamstresses and don't really no what they are talking about. I would order your dress in a size 8 if that's what you have your heart set on. If it is only a tiny bit too small they can work with that and I'm sure you must need alterations on the length since you are short anyway. My size nightmare cost me $300 to fix. Yes, it cost me $300 to alter my $250 dress :mad: .

Good luck today. I'm not trying to scare you. I'm just trying to let you know that they don't always know what is best :D .

Originally posted by vald1977
Jodi,
Are you buying the dress at David's? They talked me into buying a dress that was way too big for me as well! I was about a size 8 at the time and since I am well endowed :o they told me I needed to buy a size 16 dress! This thing was huge on me but they insisted it would be easier to alter the huge one to smaller than to make a smaller one bigger on top. Well, bottom line is they were wrong! I ended up going to another bridal salon to have the alterations done and they told me that the people at David's(the sales people) are not professional seamstresses and don't really no what they are talking about. I would order your dress in a size 8 if that's what you have your heart set on. If it is only a tiny bit too small they can work with that and I'm sure you must need alterations on the length since you are short anyway. My size nightmare cost me $300 to fix. Yes, it cost me $300 to alter my $250 dress :mad: .

Good luck today. I'm not trying to scare you. I'm just trying to let you know that they don't always know what is best :D .

You're good I am ordering through David's. It is just a little more easier for me. It's close to wear I live and all I can think about is the fittings....I know of other bridal places but they are up to an hour away from me. Besides, my dream dress is in David's. I am going for one of the more expensive dresses, yes....I only get to wear it once (maybe twice if we do a renewal-don't know how that works). My DF even said go for whatever makes me feels like a princess because that is what I should feel like on my wedding day, plus I had been through a lot in the past couple of years(with my father, school, and other family issues) and we both feel that I really deserve it!

Oh, I am not taking it as your scaring me. I was actually thinking that all along. I did try on an 8 about 4 months ago but I lost weight since then. I told the women at David's that last weekend and she said it is not possible that I went down a size because you can't get rid of your breast (not exact words but just as bad). I lost inches in my waist area-everyone can see that and if I keep it up at this rate....I will be paying another fortune in alterations. The only problem that I had with the 8 is I couldn't zip all the way up at the time.

I, like you, will be looking into getting my dress altered elsewhere. I've heard nightmare stories about David's and their alterations. Anything from they totally screwed it up to the whole bottom of the dress was flithy and David's would not pay to bring it to the drycleaners (which in my opinion they should have). The last and worst thing I've heard is they lost dresses.

I've read "The Knot" website and while you are not allowed to tell people on the site not to use certain vendors, you are allowed to give honest opinions. I appreciate honesty.

Thanks so much Val! I thought it was just me getting upset about the size 10 (not that it is such a bad size). I know I am going to go down in size and I will be paying a fortune in alterations. Something I can't really do. I am already paying a fortune on the dress itself.

Val....I just realized that you live in Connecticut also. Did you go to the David's in Orange or Danbury? I heard the one in Orange is okay but the one in Danbury is the worst. Right now, I am dealing with Orange.

I achieved another one of my goals. Yesterday, of course, I made one goal by getting down to the 3/4 jeans. Well, today I went to David's Bridal to try on the dream dress again (and to order, regardless) I told the salesperson up front I want to try on the 8 and the 10 and see which one to go for. First I tried on the 8 and to my surprise....It fit! I was so happy, I was speechless. I decided to order in the 8. ::yes::Now, I have to wait for 12 weeks to see my dress! I'm so excited. What was even cooler is that when I did try on the 8 there was a little bit of space there too! Things are starting to happen:rotfl:

I have to try and find a clippee to celebrate. I know the majority here are for weight loss.....I wonder if I will be able to find one for dress size.

I didn't get to go to the gym today because by the time I got out of David's Bridal....well, it was getting late and the post road (the road I need to cross over to get to the gym) was extremely busy....I already saw two pretty nasty accidents and I didn't want to be one....I don't know if it just me, but have any of the rest of you run into people that just can't drive in rain.....It seems they lose all of their senses. :crazy:

Tomorrow, I will just have to work extra hard at the gym to make up for today.

Until tomorrow.:wave:

Okay, I couldn't find a clipee for going down in dress size. So I put one saying "Goal Achieved" I guess everytime that I achieve a goal I will use that. I hope that is okay?

Last night I bought another CD to workout to.....I have to do that every once in awhile. Today I am not sure what I will work on....I guess, I will decide when I see how busy machines are today.

Last night was my cheat night. I always allow myself one a week so I don't feel deprieved-they actually encourage you to that at the gym (after you have reached a certain point) so you don't feel deprieved and it doesn't destroy any of your work, truly amazing.

Back to my plan today though. I have to keep up the momentum, I plan on losing a few more inches, so even the size 8 dress will be a little lose on me. If possible I would love to get down to a size 6 in the dress. I was so excited to have gotten down to the size 8 (what a gift)......I even surprised the saleswomen at David's because she really did not think that it was possible for me to get down anymore. I get my dress in 12 weeks-I can't wait!

My DF was happy for me that I got into the 8, he already thinks that I plenty small and then when I told him that I wanted to try and trim down to a 6 (but won't be upset if I don't)-he told me I was pathetic because I am already in a size 8 and my rips are starting to show-he told me he didn't think that it was possible. :teeth:

Okay, I am back to update. Back on track with the diet and the gym. Today, 45 minutes cardio the rest of the 1 1/2 workout was devoted to abs, triceps, and a little bit of the back.

First I tried on the 8 and to my surprise....It fit! I was so happy, I was speechless. I decided to order in the 8.
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:
Now you HAVE to stick with your program! No turning back:p
Those salespeople at Bridal shops can act so superior it is just sickening. I don't know what she is talking about- you can't lose your breast- When I lose weight that is the first thing to go. Hopefully you won't have too many more dealings with them since the dress is ordered and they are not altering it.
As you plan your wedding try not to let yourself be intimidated by all of the 'prefessionals' who will be advising you. Listen to their advice but make the choices that make you happy.
I am so happy for you- if you can't find a clippie I will make you one!

Originally posted by CheapMom
Now you HAVE to stick with your program! No turning back:p
Those salespeople at Bridal shops can act so superior it is just sickening. I don't know what she is talking about- you can't lose your breast- When I lose weight that is the first thing to go. Hopefully you won't have too many more dealings with them since the dress is ordered and they are not altering it.
As you plan your wedding try not to let yourself be intimidated by all of the 'prefessionals' who will be advising you. Listen to their advice but make the choices that make you happy.
I am so happy for you- if you can't find a clippie I will make you one!
I totally agree with you....I will be sticking to the program. They have a lot of great ideas in Buff Brides to mix it up too! It also helps that I am working with a personal trainer during the whole process although....It will only be once a month. The next one is the first Saturday of August.

Oh Mary if you have the time and can make a clippie that would be great:bounce: Thanks so much!

773_104.ts1090784022131.jpg

Here is 2 dress sizes clippie.
Jodi- how many dress sizes have you lost- I know you went from a 10 to 8 in the wedding dress but you know how weird wedding dresses are. Just tell me what # to put on the clippie and I will whip it up for you. Mary

773_104.ts1090784022131.jpg

Here is 2 dress sizes clippie.
Jodi- how many dress sizes have you lost- I know you went from a 10 to 8 in the wedding dress but you know how weird wedding dresses are. Just tell me what # to put on the clippie and I will whip it up for you. Mary
Wow, the clippie looks fabulous! Thank you so much. Oh I went down one wedding dress size. You are so good! Thank you so much! You're the best! :sunny:
How did you do the clippie, through PhotoShop/Illustrator? Just curious.
Thank you Mary, have a wonderful week!

Today was such a rough day. I swear I was so ready to just walk out of work and not come back until tomorrow. Anyone else ever have a day like this?

Still going strong with my diet today. I haven't gone to the gym yet but I do intend on it, not sure what I will work on. Maybe just cardio.

Started the medication for my little breakout medication....It seems to be working so far. I can't wait until it is gone totally....The pimples seem to be reducing in size. Thank god! I just want to look like a normal adult again. :)

I will update this posting once I have gone to the gym tonight. Thank you all for your support. :grouphug:

Okay, the gym update: Hour and a half total- 45 minutes of cardio, legs, and abs (of course). :cool1: I wish I could get a six-pac going (a soft one-not overly muscular). Oh well, everything takes work. I still have to make another list of goals for shaping up.....I have a feeling that won't come until I go for my personal trainer session the first week of August....I hope to get measured, still not thrilled about a weigh in....maybe I will skip that! ;)Ooops...Almost forgot I also climbed my way to work today...8 flights of stairs as well as walking down them at the end of the day.

Originally posted by toystoryduo
Hey Jodi,
:hug: for you today. I hope that Tuesdays is a :sunny: and:teeth: day for you.Take care!

Tracy:wave:
Thank you so much Tracy! Just a rough start to the week but after going to the gym, I feel much better but I have a feeling my body will be paying for the hard work tomorrow.

Have a great night and a great Tuesday.:smooth:

772_348.ts1090784045955.jpg

I made it with a combination of Broderbund Print Shop and Microsoft paint. Have a great day!
Mary

772_348.ts1090784045955.jpg

I made it with a combination of Broderbund Print Shop and Microsoft paint. Have a great day!
Mary
Thanks Mary so much! I will wear my clippie with pride. Just a suggestion, why don't you have them posted so that everyone may use it. I think it is so good!

Wow, today was non-stop....but I like it that way! The day goes by so fast.

No exercise today...I have laundry and other things to do tonight. Weather permitting (tomorrow) I will be going for a walk....My walking partner is back in the picture. Thank god, I really enjoying mixing it up.

Still going well with my diet. Oh, the only exercise that I got today was walking upstairs and downstairs today....8 flights of stairs.

Hope everyone else is doing well today. :thewave:

I wouldn't consider today a terrible day or a good day....let's just say I will be so glad to see the weekend here. I swear I have the worst P.M.S. this week, actually he is due tomorrow but everytime I switch diet and exercise that seems to change, even if it is just a couple of days- but my attitude just stinks this week.....I wish I could have just called out sick all week-there is no reason why other people should have to deal with this attitude.:eek: Just kidding....I've just been down and want to be left alone....sometimes I'm like that during this period.

Anyway I have been trying to look at the bright side to everything. I have been thinking about the big picture....next year, my dress and marrying my best friend ;) Sometimes it is so hard to focus on the big picture-Life could be a hect a lot worse.

Well, enough of that! Today, I did well on my diet stuck true to it. Although, I really could have gone for a Boston cream donut or something with tons of chocolate....I get my cravings this time of month but rarely go after them.

Exercise today consisted of: walking up to my stairs to where I am working 8 Flights of stairs (approx), I also walked down them on my way out the door.

Went to the gym....Did 45 minutes of cardio. I was originally supposed to go walking but the weather did not agree...we rescheduled for tomorrow night (weather permitting).

Hope everyone else is doing well. I haven't had the chance to check up on all of you- if I don't get to you by the end of the week, I will check on you over the weekend. :wave:

I have been right there with you as far as the attitude/mood this week. It will get better soon. Hang in there.:flower1:

Originally posted by wilderness01
I have been right there with you as far as the attitude/mood this week. It will get better soon. Hang in there.:flower1:
Thanks Wilderness, I really hope it starts to look up. ;) It has been just really tough lately and you almost start to question everything.

I tried to start my own Pampered Chef business and now I am trying to end it after only a couple of months. I just couldn't get any shows....People love the stuff, myself included but it is just so expensive. ::yes:: That's the thing that was slowing me down. I just couldn't take it....I felt like such a failure and then the women that signed me up for the business is really ticked off at me. I feel bad but I am just not much of a salesperson I guess.

However this Saturday Bob (my DF) and I will be putting down money on our reception hall, plus we will be going to a mall that we very rarely get to go to because it is quite a distance away. I am really looking forward to it. I really need a mental break.

Oh, I am back from my walk 45 minutes brisk walk....Also this morning took the stairs to work.....about 8 Flights of stairs.

I guess, I will make this my post for today since I am already writing. Tonight I will be going for a walk on the beach with my walking partner....I am really looking forward to it.

I did call to make an appointment at another bridal store to look around for bridesmaids dresses. While on the phone I asked if they would do alterations even if I didn't buy the dress there. It turns out after our conversation that a lot of brides in the area that have bought their dresses at David's and got alterations at David's end up going to them to fix all of the screw ups that David's did. It just makes me nervous because how do I know that they will do a good job. I guess, I have to trust someone but it's really tough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter