Jodi's bridal journal (posts welcome) - I'm back!

Sounds like you're making a great start Jodi. I bet your clothes will be feeling looser pretty soon. That's a great pic of you and your DF. Congratulations from an old married lady ( 20 years this year ). Don't stress too much about the dress...I picked the first one I tried on. I loved it. My mom took it after the reception to have it boxed up and somewhere over the ensuing years and moves it got lost/misplaced. Oh well....my daughter will want her own dress, I'm sure...I didn't care for my mom's dress either!:rolleyes:

Although, I am doing well with the diet. Everything else is just really getting to me.

Yesterday, My Lotus Notes at work wasn't working so I took a half of a sick day because 1. I wasn't feeling that well 2. It was the years anniversary of me finding my father (when he passed) very hard day to deal with.

Today, Lotus was fixed and things started to look up but then my df emailed me and said that he has a feeling that very soon he will be let go from work. Things just aren't going well at all. I don't know what I am going to do if that happens....I stuck by him before when this happened to him and he has the tendency to get very lazy! All I can do is try and help him keep his chin up but that is difficult to do.

My mother has been asking me when I am going to move out but honestly- I don't know if I can. I can't afford to live on my own without DF's income too! I already asked at work if there was any overtime available,...If not I will have to find a part-time job for extra income.

Well, tonight I will be going on my first walk with a former co-worker maybe that will cheer me up:(

I just got back from my walk on the beach....what an incredible workout. We walked for about an hour but I had so much fun. We will most likely do this again (weather permitting of course) on Thursday....tomorrow is the gym day. :jumping1:

Today went well with the diet.....I just picked up some more Luna bars on my way home from the gym (I love Luna bars).

Speaking of the gym (my home away from home) I was there for about an hour doing a variety of cardio and ab exercises....Although I have a feeling that I won't be doing abs for the rest of the week......I was getting tired and ended up pulling one of the muscles in my stomach. :( I always do something like that when I first start up again- I am just so anxious to do well and loose the weight...firm up.

I can't wait to buy new clothes to celebrate weight loss. I know take an easy on myself right?

If anyone out there knows of some home remedy for my pulled stomach muscle, Please let me know. I usually just use Aleve.

Hope everyone is having a better week than me :)

Aleve will work; how about a nice warm electric heating pad? I love mine! No more ab work for a few days now...I end up with a sore neck when I start out because my abs are so weak and my form is so bad, I end up pulling on my neck...:o

I agree no more ab work. Actually it doesn't feel as soothing but what about an icepack for the first 24 hours? 20 minutes on and then off, etc. Plus take Aleve. It will make you feel better. Good luck.

:wave2: Hi Jodi,
Ouch! Sorry you pulled a muscle in your abs. Been there, done that. Make sure you rest it until it's completely healed because I tried to go back to my exercise too soon and boy, that did not feel good! Take care :D .

Thanks so much for your help Aurora, Wilderness and Vald. I appreciate it.....Honestly, I never realized how easy that is (to pull a muscle in the stomach)- I've never done that before but I suppose there is a first time for everything.

I am just going to take an easy tonight, take my Aleve and do some of the warm compresses...That I think Aurora mentioned. I have a feeling the soreness is going to really hit me tomorrow! I already miss going to the gym today....I did try and talk my former co-worker into going on another walk tonight but she has to get ready for the long weekend.

So is anyone else doing anything special for the long weekend? I hope to hit the gym tomorrow night....nothing heavy just the cardio.

Saturday a wedding and Sunday and Monday....run to the gym really quick and then have fun with the family. Looking forward to this weekend. What a tough week this has been.

I am doing good with the diet though. :thewave:

Well, although this was not the best week for me. I did do well with keeping up with my diet. I still have yet to step on a scale (I hate those things) to get my weight but my jeans are feeling a little looser.......baby steps I guess! :eek:

Last night I didn't make it to the gym but today I did to do a little bit of cardio. I would have stayed longer but I have to go to my brother's wedding; I really don't want to go but I guess I have to support my brother in whoever he chooses. She has just said a lot of things about all of us and now not one member of my family really wants to go. For my brother's sake I hope that we are all wrong about her but I really don't think we are! I just want him to be happy and I don't think he will be with her.

Oooh, I have to get going! Everyone have a great weekend.....I will still try and post throughout the holiday! :teeth:

Jodi, I've just caught up on your journal! You're doing great! Your talk about the gym has reminded me that I want to start doing the weight circuit at my gym. I need to get toned up! Thanks for the inspiration!

Try to enjoy the wedding. I wish your brother and his new wife well. Hopefully they will be happy together.

Hope you have a great weekend! :sunny:

Hi Jodi, :wave:
You are doing a great job!! That walk on the beach sounds like a lot of fun!::yes:: Take good care of you and have a safe and Happy (and relaxing) Fourth of July weekend!:Pinkbounc

Tracy:wave2:

Originally posted by DoeWDW
Jodi, I've just caught up on your journal! You're doing great! Your talk about the gym has reminded me that I want to start doing the weight circuit at my gym. I need to get toned up! Thanks for the inspiration!
Hi Doe WDW- I am so glad that I could be of help. Good luck! I know that it is always hard to get into a routine and stick to it. I always have the problem that once I get into the routine- I seem to level off and not loose any weight or inches. I was told in the past that it was due to the fact that muscles get used to the same thing....Just make sure that you have a lot of variety in the workouts. I think that was the best tip that I ever got- That and if you get the variety in there you won't get bored (that's half of the battle right there).

The wedding was not as much torture that I thought that it would be. I did get a lot of compliments on the dress that I wore and everyone said that I looked great- they said that my body was in great shape....I'm so excited! but I still want to keep up the work; can't get lazy you know.

I was hoping to get to the gym today but they are only open a half of a day. Maybe, I could talk my DF into going for a walk on the beach. If not I have tomorrow and I can work out as much as I want.

It's funny I still can't get the courage to step on the scale but everyone said that I should because they can see the difference! I am just terrified! Is that strange? I just have such a hard time believing them because everyone used to pick on me for being big, now that I am getting smaller- It's just really hard to convince myself. My brain just won't catch up to my body I guess!

Hope everyone is doing well with their diets and exercise plans. Have a wonderful day! :sunny:

Just went grocery shopping today. Wow, this eating healthy thing is really expensive. :eek:

I wasn't able to convince my DF to go for a walk on the beach with me last night. :( I wish I could get him into a routine. I love him dearly but he has gained so much weight during the past year that I worry for him. Hopefully, he will rejoin me in gym workouts soon.

Today, I will make it to the gym for a little while. I really want to hurry back home to get things done and then go out with DF for dinner and a movie. :cool1:

Thank god, my jeans are getting a little loose, now I can't wait to go down in size! I shouldn't be that much longer for me to get down one more size, I feel as though I am pretty close.

I have had my mind so much on wedding things that I think that it is helping me. Is that strange? Lately, I have been checking into getting honeymoon pictures (at Disney World) done....It's so funny I am more excited about the honeymoon than the wedding. I really wanted to elope in the worst way, I really can't stand getting up infront of people. :scared:

In a few weeks I will be trying on dresses again as well as going with the bridesmaids to look at dresses for them. I am so ahead of schedule with all of these things, it's not totally me doing the push thing my DF's family is always asking what they should wear and what do I have in mind for this and that. I had no idea it would be like this. I am more worried about getting down in size for my dress and now the bridesmaids are too! :bride:

As I get more things together I will try and post more wedding ideas, etc.; would all of the ladies out there like that?

Well, I have to run. Gotta run to the gym.

Today at the gym I did cardio and abs.

Once I got home me and my fiance returned all the cans that I accumulated over the past year in a half (I was always too busy in school to return-back graduated this past May). I also had a jar of change that I turned into cash- with returns and change I got $95.00 out of the deal. I turned that money into Disney Dollars for my honeymoon! :Pinkbounc

DF will be doing that soon with his change. Last year we found the Disney Dollars so helpful. We asked for them as a gift for Christmas/Birthdays, etc. and it helped save us some $$$ while at Disney World.

I hope the rest of my week goes as good as the past couple of days have. Have a great evening everyone! :jumping1:

Isn't it nice to "find" money like that? You are wise to start saving up now for your honeymoon. Once the time comes, you will be all set :D . I for one would love to hear your wedding planning details. Love that kind of stuff ::yes:: . Have a great night.

Originally posted by vald1977
Isn't it nice to "find" money like that? You are wise to start saving up now for your honeymoon. Once the time comes, you will be all set :D . I for one would love to hear your wedding planning details. Love that kind of stuff ::yes:: . Have a great night.
It was very nice indeed to find that new money. I love that we already have money set aside for our trip. I am so looking forward to going to Disney World again.

I am still keeping up with the diet...although, I have to admit very tough because of the holiday and the wedding but I resisted as much as I could. :cool1:

The 17th of the month, me and a couple of my bridesmaids will be looking at dresses for the bridal party. I am a little nervous, I know that they aren't comfortable with the idea of strapeless dresses but I keep on bumping into strapless dresses that I am falling in love with. I just hope that we can find some common ground on that. I know how they feel I was a bridesmaid once and I swear the dress should be on uglydresses.com. - So I am trying to have a heart for the girls in my party. Besides, we have plenty of time to look. :)

I still have to check with the reception hall- just to make sure that everything is okay.

At some point in October Bob and I will be getting our engagement photos done....I hope I loose enough weight by then. Although, I view this year as a work in process.

I hope everyone had a wonderful fourth, I hope everyone made it through the diet...during the time....It was tough for me!

Week 3 and still going strong- I feel so good about myself. Still much work to do but I have time.

Tomorrow going by the forcast- It looks like I will have to go to the gym again! I went today but didn't get as much done as I would have liked to (only cardio). Tomorrow I hope to do arms and abs. It has just been so crowded lately.

As far as meals go I've had:
b: 1 cup multi gran cherrios
s: Luna bar (Nuts over chocolate)
l: Turkey (3 oz.) on Wheat & an apple
s: Low fat yogurt (Vanilla)
d: Chicken (3 oz.), Salad, 3 tablespoons of Low fat Italian dressing. ~ That's it.::yes::

Friday, it looks like I might be getting together with my walking partner for a walk along the beach. I can't wait that is a great workout....I never would have guessed.

Saturday I hope to visit my dream dress:bride: after I get my hair done. I hope to finish off my rolls of film that day and then hopefully be able to post some pictures to all of you.

It's weird I think I am starting to visably see a difference in me but it isn't enough. :jumping2:I just hope that it makes a difference in my clothes soon.

Not this Saturday but the Saturday after I have a personal trainer session (looking forward to that) afterwards, I will be going with my bridesmaids to start and look at dresses. I really didn't want to start that soon but I guess it can't hurt.

I didn't intend for this post to be this long, I guess I am just a bit chatty today.

I hope everyone else is doing well. :tongue:

Week 3 and still going strong- I feel so good about myself. Still much work to do but I have time.

Tomorrow going by the forcast- It looks like I will have to go to the gym again! I went today but didn't get as much done as I would have liked to (only cardio). Tomorrow I hope to do arms and abs. It has just been so crowded lately.

As far as meals go I've had:
b: 1 cup multi gran cherrios
s: Luna bar (Nuts over chocolate)
l: Turkey (3 oz.) on Wheat & an apple
s: Low fat yogurt (Vanilla)
d: Chicken (3 oz.), Salad, 3 tablespoons of Low fat Italian dressing. ~ That's it.::yes::

Friday, it looks like I might be getting together with my walking partner for a walk along the beach. I can't wait that is a great workout....I never would have guessed.

Saturday I hope to visit my dream dress:bride: after I get my hair done. I hope to finish off my rolls of film that day and then hopefully be able to post some pictures to all of you.

It's weird I think I am starting to visably see a difference in me but it isn't enough. :jumping2:I just hope that it makes a difference in my clothes soon.

Not this Saturday but the Saturday after I have a personal trainer session (looking forward to that) afterwards, I will be going with my bridesmaids to start and look at dresses. I really didn't want to start that soon but I guess it can't hurt.

I didn't intend for this post to be this long, I guess I am just a bit chatty today.

I hope everyone else is doing well. :tongue:

Hi Everyone:wave:

Still going strong with everything. Tonight at the gym I did cardio, abs, and back. I wanted to do more but it is a struggle to get a machine these days. Oh well, I guess to work on arms I will just have to get to the gym on the weekend early.

Tomorrow, I am going for my walk on the beach. I never would have guessed that that was such a great workout. I really do like it. It gives me a little bit more variety, since my gym just got rid of all of the classes. :eek:

Saturday is proving to be a very busy day for me as well. I am getting my hair done and then I am trying on my dream dress again. :bride: I made the appointment today to try on stuff again. I can't wait this dress makes me feel like such a princess....It's the first dress that I tried on but I have a feeling that it's "The one" is that strange? I want to hold off before I put in the order for it, so that I may loose a little more weight, the less alterations the better.

It's so bad. I got through last night saying that I could almost see a difference but today I just felt so fat! Everyone thinks that I am crazy but I just don't feel good about myself. :( Does everyone goe through this too? Or is there really something wrong with me? :confused:

Well, I hope that everyone is doing well. Have a great night:angel:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter