Jennifer & Brandon's Wishes PJ-10/12/09 France/LSS/Italy- 11/2 even more pics!

I know I have been quite the slacker lately!! Sorry for the delay in continuing my PS report!

After Shelley left, Ken took us over to the Epcot kitchen for our menu tasting.

This was what we had requested to taste:
-mickey roni & cheese
-tonga toast
-Mixed Greens w/craisins, sunflower seeds, cucumbers, carrots, tomatoes (from Ariels Buffet Dinner menu)
-Toasted Italian Bread Salad (from mama melrose menu)
-Seared Chicken Breast with apples, fennel and fig (from Tinkerbell Buffet)
-Grilled Mahi Mahi with honey soy glaze (from living seas menu)
-Allspice -flavored Cake with seasonal berries (from Jiko)

When we got to the kitchen, I was freezing! And I had left my jacket back at Francks. The epcot staff was kind enough to find me a jacket - the head chefs jacket:lmao:

20090403_disney_planning_session-48.jpg

Our table set up:

20090403_disney_planning_session-56.jpg
20090403_disney_planning_session-55.jpg

They had everything set up like it would be on the buffet of our brunch reception:

20090403_disney_planning_session-53.jpg

Here is the chicken with apples, fennel & fig - really good but a little dry:
20090403_disney_planning_session-45.jpg

Mickey-roni (this was DFs request)
20090403_disney_planning_session-52.jpg

and tonga toast - so yummy:
20090403_disney_planning_session-51.jpg

There was a mix up with our request however, so we didnt get to taste the mahi mahi - they had made a roast leg of lamb instead. Which was great, but we werent interested in it.

20090403_disney_planning_session-44.jpg

The epcot chef (jim) felt so bad, that he looked to see if they had any mahi mahi handy to whip something up - and they didnt. So instead we tried the seared tuna - which was to die for!
20090403_disney_planning_session-43.jpg

Unfortunately due to budget constraints we probably wont do that for our guests but Jim and Ken both suggested we do the seared tuna as a treat for the Bride and Goom - which sounded good to us :thumbsup2

The salads were good, but we really liked the spicy flavor of the tossed italian bread salad, so we are going to add that to our buffet.

The mickey roni and cheese was good, but bland, so Jim said they could add a little more salt/pepper to it for our buffet.

The last item we tasted, a dessert off the menu at Jiko, we are adding to our dessert party menu. It was a 5 spice cake with macerated berries and honey sabayon - so yummy!!! They are going to set it up as a build-your-own station with the berries and sauce separate so the cake doesnt get soggy.
20090403_disney_planning_session-42.jpg

And finally - our chef Jim and waiter David
20090403_disney_planning_session-41.jpg

After our tasting, we FINALLY got to see the Living Seas Salon.
It's really hard to imagine from everyone's pictures - and the colors in the pics we have seen were really nothing like the actual colors in the room.
The layout of the room is really funky too - long and skinny. I'll try to scan in the floor plan they gave us and post that later.
In the mean time, here are pics that we took on the visit - I'll try to break these up logically over a few posts.

Pre-reception Area:

20090403_disney_planning_session-26.jpg
20090403_disney_planning_session-133.jpg

20090403_disney_planning_session-134.jpg
20090403_disney_planning_session-29.jpg

As you leave the Pre-reception area, you move into one of 3 "alcoves" in the living seas room.
The first alcove contains the glass piano:
20090403_disney_planning_session-22.jpg

Here is looking back into the area where the pre-reception was:
20090403_disney_planning_session-19.jpg

Between that alcove and the next one is sort of a beach scene window where they usually set the cake up:
20090403_disney_planning_session-136.jpg

then continuing to move left is a second alcove, where they put the dance floors:
20090403_disney_planning_session-10.jpg
20090403_disney_planning_session-9.jpg

and finally moving into the farthest alcove, just a darker area that isnt really utilized:
20090403_disney_planning_session-16.jpg

From the dance floor alcove, if you turn around - this is the view of the 1st half of the room (pre reception room is to the left thru the dark doorway):
20090403_disney_planning_session-17.jpg

You can see the tables are actually up a few stairs from the dance floor, cake area, piano etc. with bench seating facing the alcoves to look into the aquarium.

Here is a picture standing at the furthest table and looking back to entrance and pre-reception - sorry its a little blurry:
20090403_disney_planning_session-127.jpg

taken from dance floor alcove
20090403_disney_planning_session-129.jpg

And a pic of me sitting in the chairs - we decided to stick with the chairs in the picture instead of swapping them out for banquet chairs:
20090403_disney_planning_session-118.jpg

as you can tell from those pics above, the colors of the room look very different in the pictures depending on flash/no flash and lighting.
SO - here are some very specifc pictures that show the real colors of the room - more of a dark blue (not purple) and lime green.

20090403_disney_planning_session-21.jpg
20090403_disney_planning_session-20.jpg

carpet:
20090403_disney_planning_session-33.jpg

20090403_disney_planning_session-137.jpg

It's been over a month since I've had a chance to update everyone. Let me give a quicx run down on the rest of our planning trip (back in April!!)

After the site visit Brandon and I headed to Raglan Road in Downtown Disney. We had heard good things on the boards so we were considering Raglan Road for our rehearsal dinner. We loved the menu options we were sent - much more reasonable than anything Disney had offered.

Well, I was sooooo disappointed!!!!!!! The "semi private" room, was not private in the least - not even semi! And it was loud - the band had started by the time we got there (they start at 6pm). We had been planning our rehearsal dinner for a Saturday night, at 7pm. So the band would have already been playing - meaning it was too loud for guests to talk. Below are some pics of the space they were going to put us in:
20090403_disney_planning_session-37.jpg
20090403_disney_planning_session-34.jpg

We did try the yummy ham while we were that (as if we werent still stuffed from our menu tasting!):
20090403_disney_planning_session-12.jpg

So even though we loved Wendy - the banquet person at Raglan - and we loved the food/menus, we decided the space just wasnt going to work for us.:guilty:

Brandon and I left Raglan feeling a bit disconcerted - we were so sure we would use Raglan that now we were back to square one, with no idea what to do for the rehearsal dinner.
We walked around DTD and checked out other places - house of blues and bongos in particular. House of blues had potential, but we werent thrilled with it.

We walked around the rest of downtown disney, doing a little shopping. We bought our tophat ears and headband with veil ears in the main World of Disney store. Then we found a store (no i dont remember the name) that sold the mouse ear hats in pieces so you could build your own hat.
So I actually just bought ears - 2 white and 2 black. They are supposed to snap on to a "base" hat - classic mickey style - but I thought I could just find snaps that fit and put them on a regular baseball hat...

Tired, we headed back to our room. Up next: Tux fitting and meeting with Disney Photo.

Saturay morning we got up and headed out to Carolyn Allens for Brandon's tux fitting.
The people there were all really nice, and so helpful. We decided to put Brandon in a mickey head vest, and everyone else in purple.
20090404_disney_planning_session-5.jpg

Here is a pic of our standard purple paint chip against vest colors:
20090404_disney_planning_session-3.jpg

We settled on the purple for the rest of the guys. With Dad and Stepdad getting the striped tie, and everyone else in the solid tie.

Of course, as I type, we are reconsidering our decisions and may go with MW Tux after all, but I'll update you on that later. ;)

Everything looks great! That food looks so yummy. Sorry Raglan Road didn't work out for you. Can't wait to hear more!

Let me know if you decide to go with MW Tux - I know I have a coupon around here somewhere for them - I got it with my dress at Davids! I'll send it down to you if you need it! :goodvibes

I'm sorry Raglan didn't work out for you. :sad2: It will all work out ;)

Chat soon!! -Meg :)

Jennifer! I just found your thread and I'm so glad I did. I want a LSS wedding as well so I'm always curious, and an Epcot bride. Plus we are also torn about the photography situation, but I'm glad you found some you liked. I'm very curious as to how it pans out and I'm definitely staying tuned. If they work out well for you, I'll make sure to request them. Do you know if 2 photographers are included, or is that extra??

Awesome plans!

Everything looks great! That food looks so yummy. Sorry Raglan Road didn't work out for you. Can't wait to hear more!
The food was yummy for sure!

Let me know if you decide to go with MW Tux - I know I have a coupon around here somewhere for them - I got it with my dress at Davids! I'll send it down to you if you need it! :goodvibes

I'm sorry Raglan didn't work out for you. :sad2: It will all work out ;)

Chat soon!! -Meg :)
I just got a coupon too - we are going to look this weekend. The only down side would be that brandon couldnt have the Mickey head vest! which he is pouting over :rotfl:

Jennifer! I just found your thread and I'm so glad I did. I want a LSS wedding as well so I'm always curious, and an Epcot bride. Plus we are also torn about the photography situation, but I'm glad you found some you liked. I'm very curious as to how it pans out and I'm definitely staying tuned. If they work out well for you, I'll make sure to request them. Do you know if 2 photographers are included, or is that extra??

Awesome plans!
:goodvibes Thanks so much! I am glad you found the info useful to you! I dont know if 2 photographers are normally included, but i dont think we are being charged any extra. We really loved David & Vicki when we met them - I'll try to write that up tonight when I get home.

If you do MW Tux - what color are you thinking of putting him in vest and tie wise? I think the Mickey Heads were spiffy - but Brandon will look spiff no matter what the vest! :thumbsup2

She quoted us both assembled and non assembled - but the difference wasnt much between the two. Below is the assembled pricing.

White or Ivory Paper/ Assembled
2-sided Mickey fan, printed in one raised color

25 -$395.42
50 - $414.99
75 - $437.00
100 - $461.57
125 - $508.14
150 - $557.15
each add’l 25 - $49.82

Additional options:
Hand-tied bows (available on ASSEMBLED fans only) . . .. . $1.85ea
Custom typeset . . . .. . . . . . . . . . $27.50 each side
Custom created Wedding Logo . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $45.00 one-time fee
Glitter added to any color ink . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . $50.00
Rhinestone Couture Buckle (available on ASSEMBLED fans only) . .. $3.99ea

OMG... those prices are just crazy!!!

There was a girl on etsy that was offering to do them for $1.25 each. I am not sure if that was the price for printing them, or just cutting them out, because I specifically mentioned I only needed them to be cutout and I would do all the printing.

Mickey Head Vest!! I love it so perfect!

Sorry to hear RR didn't work out for you, did you WC have any other suggestions? :confused3

If you do MW Tux - what color are you thinking of putting him in vest and tie wise? I think the Mickey Heads were spiffy - but Brandon will look spiff no matter what the vest! :thumbsup2

We were thinking just plain black, but we keep waffling. We are going to go back to MW this weekend to look again.

OMG... those prices are just crazy!!!

There was a girl on etsy that was offering to do them for $1.25 each. I am not sure if that was the price for printing them, or just cutting them out, because I specifically mentioned I only needed them to be cutout and I would do all the printing.

Yes we thought they were crazy too - and debated on buying our own cricut! We still havent made a decision about what we are going to do. We need 60 or so programs, which means cutting out 120 heads on a cricut machine - one at a time. Which seems really time consuming and tedious. We may still look for someone else to do it for us.

Mickey Head Vest!! I love it so perfect!

Sorry to hear RR didn't work out for you, did you WC have any other suggestions? :confused3

Ken and Jen did have other suggestions for us. The first round they sent us, i shot down every one -- the attic, ariels and someplace else I cant remember right now. But I wasnt happy with any of them.

Then they came back with 3 very cool options, all at the Hollywood Studios: The prop shop, hollywood hideaway and the Narnia exibit.

We were going to go with the prop shop when we saw it - we just loved how unique it was!

In the end, we actually scrapped the rehearsal dinner all together. We would have ended up with like 38 people, which was crazy. And I felt like we were scheduling so much! I want people to enjoy the trip too - not feel like they have the whole time shceduled.

So instead, we are moving our Dessert Party from Monday night (after the wedding) to Saturday night, and treating like a welcome/rehearsal party. All guests still invited. We will be in Italy west plaza now.
This also works out better for our budget since DFs mom has agreed to pay for the Dessert Party in place of the rehearsal dinner :banana:

By doing that and cutting out video entirely, we basically slashed $9000 from our budget. Which helped a lot!!! We are sooo over where I thought we would be.
I'll try to post my original BEO later in the week - but our first one came in at 30k!!!! I had a heart attack!:scared1:

Wow 9K!! Thats a huge cut! Good for you guys, thats great news and it must be a huge relife! I am dreading the day my BEO comes, I have visions of numbers that cost more then my Honda Accord flashing in my brain lol!

ok, so another month has gone by without me updating! So sorry! BUT today I have a bunch to post!
We finished our invitations and put them in the mail today. They took us much longer than I had planned in the beginning, but I am really happy with how they came out!

BJinvites-002.jpg

invitations-1.jpg

invitations-13.jpg

invitations-14.jpg

invitations-15.jpg

invitations-17.jpg

invitations-18.jpg

invitations-19.jpg

invitations-21.jpg

invitations-22.jpg

invitations-20.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter