January Exercise Challenge!

240/1200
I'm happy to say I am starting to not have to drag myself to the gym! This am I was ready to go as soon as I got up :)
So last four days has been 30 min elliptical then either 30 min swimming or 30 strength training.

109/1500 as of today. 53 min on the elliptical and 21 min of strength training

35 min elliptical. 110/1600. I have my first 1/2 marathon Saturday so I'm easing back on my training till then. Wish me luck!

MRS AR said:
35 min elliptical. 110/1600. I have my first 1/2 marathon Saturday so I'm easing back on my training till then. Wish me luck!

Good luck!!! You'll do great!

Good luck!!!

Another 35 min for me this morning (10 walk - 25 run) and that brings me to 144/1000

Adding in 115 minutes from Tuesday (elliptical) and yesterday (run on the treadmill and an hour long Drums Alive class). I'm at

185/2013

Should get a nice walk in at lunch and have a run planned in the morning to bump up that number!

:cool1: The colors are starting to change on the first post! And only 3 1/2 days into January. That's great! In case anyone was wondering, we have as a group, completed 3649 minutes of exercise (or nearly 61 hours) in the past 3 days! Go WISHers!

AFM: Last night I did 40 minutes of really tough lower body strength PT last night (and some abs). Gotta get rid of that "mushy" quad....

My total: 100/800

I know we don't do Questions of the Day on this thread, but I thought I'd throw this one out there as inspired by another thread in this forum: What motivates you to exercise when you are tempted not to?

For me I have several tricks that can get me going:
1. I put on music that makes me want to get moving (usually something on my running playlist.)
2. I read a few pages of a fitness magazine or running magazine
3. I step on the scale (up, down or same results doesn't matter - seems to remind me to keep at it)
4. In my case, if I don't work out, my body starts to protest, so I remember the days when I was so injured that I couldn't do active things I liked to do, and I know that working out is the only way to keep my body able to do those things.

60 minutes elliptical and 30 minutes weight training this morning brings me to 220/1300

Goldcupmom look into the fitbit their website is free. They do have a personal trainer that you can pay for but you don't have to. I used to use a bodybugg and quit becasue of the cost. I now have a fitbit and LOVE it. Much smaller that the bodybugg to.

I got a fitbit for Christmas, but we can't get it to sync....still.....waiting for their customer service yet again. I can't wait to try it!

Super cold here, but the puppy doesn't care!

220/2013

316/1700

Thanks!

One thing that motivates me is I exercise early, early and knowing I have people waiting for me makes me get out of bed! And I want to be green on the frist page!

Good luck, Mrs AR and all our other runners this weekend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter