January Crowd levels

DISfanboy

Mouseketeer
Just wanted to find out about how crowded the parks and resorts are in early january. Do people still linger around after new years? thank you

It's my impression that the parks still have near-New-Year's-level crowds until school starts--so the exact date varies year to year. After that, crowd levels definitely diminish with the exception of MLK weekend, which is always busy.

Also be aware that it can be difficult to secure a room during marathon weekend (usually sometime around the 10th or 11th of January), but this doesn't really affect park crowd levels, just booking a room on site.

The rest of January is blissfully empty.

Just got back from WDW. I was there over the marathon weekend and it was not crowded at all. The Wednesday before the marathon was the smallest crowd. A MK CM said they expected only 22,000 guests that day, which is pretty quiet I think.

I found that the marathon added people to the parks the rest of the week, but wait times remained low right through the weekend. Worst I saw was a 90 minute wait for Soarin'. I road it in the first hour of park opening and had a 10 minute wait.

January = low crowds. Worst weekend in January is MLK day.

Eric

We went last year from Jan 3 to Jan 13th 2008 and the crowd levels were very light and it was great. The weather was also great and I think it is really good time to go.

I was there Jan 4-7th, 2009 and I thought the crowds were a bit too much. I usually go in September for free dining and crowds then are much easier to manage.

We were there from 1/2 - 1/9. There were a lot of people on 1/2 and 1/3, but Sunday (1/4) was less busy and it dramatically dropped off by Monday (1/5). I don't think we waited more than 20 min. for anything after Monday. Even things like Expedition Everest, Space Mountain, Tower of Terror. The only crazy ride in any park was Toy Story Midway Mania at DHS, but we got fastpasses for it pretty easily.

We're seriously considering going back about the same time next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter