January 4, 2014 Fantasy, Trust, and Pixie Dust!

Hi! Sorry I have been awol since I first signed in. I am nervous that I wont be able to pull this off. My guy friend is very leery about going - cost ya know. So I am biting my nails for the next several months hoping that it will work out! I am hoping to get Old Key West 11 months out for the 31st - DVC Member. It is my 60th birthday the 31st and am hoping all my kids will join me there. But it will just be my guy and me on the cruise. We are all the way aft and center on deck 8. sounds like there are several of us in the aft.

Very excited, yesterday my DD, DSIL and I booked 2/11/13 on the 5 day Western Carib on the Wonder out of Miami!:yay: Got a great last minute qty rate! That means I will finally be Gold for our Fantasy western fantasy.

Karyn

We have less than twelve months til we sail....so ask away, all we have is time, my offer still stands :-) and I love getting an alert on my phone that there is a new post in this thread (a little stockerish...maybe, but after working all day and then looking at my phone and seeing a message from disboards,it reminds me that I have this to look forward to!)

On another topic...for all you castaway club members :worship:(jealous), what are the "tastings" like on the ship? I only have experience with NCL tastings, which are always AWESOME! Usually around $15.00 bucks, get to try maybe 4 different drinks, they are usually on sea days, show up in the "Freestyle" and you just show up to whatever bar is putting it on. I was purusing the boards and saw that someone said you have to book these on DCL almost as soon as you board!?!?!? is that the case, not a big deal, just would like to know :-)

I think by the end of this month we are going to upgrade the stateroom to a cat 5C...just talked to the TA about it and it isn't THAT much more to do the upgrade, and the BF is all into it now and wants that plexiglass balcony LOL. She also said that they are expecting to be able to book 2014 WDW mid 2013, plus reservations will have to be made for dining 6 months in advance (those dates are going into the planner NOW) For all you WDW veterans, any dining tips??? I am currently interested in the new Be Our Guest restaurant in New Fantasyland (I guess the name is drawing me in :-)).

Anyway that was my big post for the evening LOL...School starts back up for me next week which means a lot of WORK. Since i commute :drive:2 hours a day to and from though, I will still have time to kill on these boards.

On our 14 day cruise there were tons of tastings. All on sea days. We had 8 of them. I didn't sign up right after boarding. I booked them the day before. However, it was an 8 sea day trip so lots of opportunities. They ranged in price from $15-25. I did 2..Mojito and Hawaiian drink tastings. Each was $20 each and we got 5 drinks. Really fun. They had all kinds of tastings...mixed drinks, martini, champagne, wine, various liqueur, etc.

The dining options at WDW seem overwhelming. We are going to WDW in June. I have booked Coral Reef and Ohana so far and want to book Hoop Dee Doo Revue. I'm not doing a dining plan. Counter service will be fun.

In January I think we will just do counter service. I have no idea where I'm staying though. Have to wait for my 6 month (DVC) window. I want to get a studio in the boardwalk area but I don't have high hopes.

What cat are you in now? I'm in a 7A.

Welcome to the new people!!!

I am currently in an 11C! LOL so the upgrade to the 5C will be NICE.

Tastings sound great, I will keep my eye out for the info once we board and book them accordingly, in the past we attended a few with ppl we met prior on an online forum and had a great time! It might be fun to meet up at one of these.

Activity is beginning to pick up on this thread! Welcome to the newer people!

We are doing WDW prior to the cruise and we did do the Deluxe Dining Plan. My DS has made the list already on where we're eating and what day! His calendar is marked for when reservations open in July! We're going to be in Downtown Disney on New Year's Eve and I was wondering what dining do you all recommend. Has anyone eaten at the T-Rex Restaurant there?

Disneylandfanatic said:
I am currently in an 11C! LOL so the upgrade to the 5C will be NICE.

Tastings sound great, I will keep my eye out for the info once we board and book them accordingly, in the past we attended a few with ppl we met prior on an online forum and had a great time! It might be fun to meet up at one of these.

The 7As are clear plexiglass. There's usually a partial obstruction at the top or bottom. Mine is at the top.

I wish the newer ships had true navigator verandahs. I am going to miss my cozy bench on the Wonder.

BonnieJG said:
Activity is beginning to pick up on this thread! Welcome to the newer people!

We are doing WDW prior to the cruise and we did do the Deluxe Dining Plan. My DS has made the list already on where we're eating and what day! His calendar is marked for when reservations open in July! We're going to be in Downtown Disney on New Year's Eve and I was wondering what dining do you all recommend. Has anyone eaten at the T-Rex Restaurant there?

We ate there back in November. The meals are pricy but super huge! The atmosphere is great. Our kids loved it. Try one of the cottini drinks! They also have a digging pit for the kids to play in while you wait for your table! It's worth going at least once.

Janet

cflmom said:
We ate there back in November. The meals are pricy but super huge! The atmosphere is great. Our kids loved it. Try one of the cottini drinks! They also have a digging pit for the kids to play in while you wait for your table! It's worth going at least once.

Janet

I was told it was super loud in there. Is that true? I have a kid with sensory issues who has prob with loud noises. He can't handle fireworks, refuses to do pirate night, etc.

Janet

Thanks, Janet! It is on our dining plan, so that wouldn't be an issue. I'll be with my 6 year old granddaughter, and I'm sure she'll love the digging pit! Bonnie

Disneylandfanatic- this post is all for you! My wife and I have been to WDW three times, twice with the dining plan, and here are our favorite places to eat:

1- La Cellier in Canada at EPCOT. The very best meal we ever had at WDW. The food, the atmosphere, EVERYTHING! Very romantic.

2- The Biergarten in Germany at EPCOT. It is a beer hall atmosphere, you sit at tables with other people, and the band is incredible. Again, a very fun atmosphere for entirely different reasons.

3- Kouzzina by Cat Cora at the Boardwalk resort. Amazing. Very different from other places on property.

4-50's Prime Time Cafe in Disney Studios. This is a blast. You sit in a booth that feels like a breakfast nook in the 50's, and watch black and white TV. Your waiteress or Waiter is either "Mom" or "Dad" and they hound you to get your elbows off the table, finish your veggies, etc. It's fun to break the rules just to get scolded. The food is pure American comfort food.

5- For quick service, you can't miss the ribs at Flame Tree BBQ in Animal Kingdom. Those are fantastic!

Now, you also asked about the alcohol tastings...

229282_3676260424710_73966617_n.jpg

This was the Mixology class last September on the Wonder. $15 got you, from left to right, a martini, a pina colada type drink, a mojito, a long island iced tea, and not pictured was a lemon drop shot. There were also various drinks sampled in between, like a dirty martini the group passed around.

Anyway, I'm sure we will be seeing you guys at a tasting or two!

luv2sleep said:
I was told it was super loud in there. Is that true? I have a kid with sensory issues who has prob with loud noises. He can't handle fireworks, refuses to do pirate night, etc.

Sorry, I missed this post somehow! Ummmm, it is loud. The Dino's let out roars every once in a while. They've tried to make it feel like you are really surrounded by Dino's so, with that, comes a lot of noise. In your case, I'd avoid it.

Sorry, I missed this post somehow! Ummmm, it is loud. The Dino's let out roars every once in a while. They've tried to make it feel like you are really surrounded by Dino's so, with that, comes a lot of noise. In your case, I'd avoid it.

I don't think our granddaughter would have an issue with that...she'll probably love it! I told my husband about the roaring dinos and he said: "What about grandfathers?" :lmao:

BonnieJG said:
I don't think our granddaughter would have an issue with that...she'll probably love it! I told my husband about the roaring dinos and he said: "What about grandfathers?" :lmao:

No Bonnie, your grand daughter will love it!
But if you have a child who doesn't like loud noise, like Love2Sleep, then I'd go somewhere else!

;)
Janet

Pinocchio fan...thanks for the pics! Looks like a good deal and also looks like a lot of fun!

Just checked the DCL website and it looks like our 11C cat stateroom went up in price a little bit, which always makes you feel a little better when you already have it booked at the cheaper rate.

On another note, it now seems that we are going to go with a cat 5E oversize aft balcony. Has anyone sailed in this category before? Or is anyone sailing in this cat this cruise??? I like the aft views and the price is right! I am not too concerned with motion or vibration...I have been aft before and the motion was not too bad, praying for calm seas on this journey any way...and as far as the vibration goes I am sure it won't be too bad, and probably only noticeable when we are docking.

The last cruise I was on the group chose to do a cabin crawl so we can see all the different categories etc. That might be fun to arrange for anyone who is interested. We will also have to have some sort of meet up on the ship so that we can put faces to names.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Big football day today, Go NINERS!:happytv:popcorn::

I love my TA... Just was able to snag the last 5E! i am feeling pretty good right now! (Matt on the other hand is really mad at the niners :-/)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter