***January 2022 Thread*** - Kicking Off 2022 with WDW!

So I got it to work out! After they cancelled our flight and I had to take the earlier one, having us leave super early in the morning and missing out on our breakfast and park day, I ended up calling Disney back again and got us a room for one night at Port Orleans Riverside, at a discounted rate! yay! Then called the airline and got things switched to the next day at no charge! Everything worked out and I'm very excited that I get to eat at Chef Mickey's now! :lmao: Now fingers are crossed for no rain and low crowds!

It’s gonna be cold for our trip! (park days 1/24 - 1/31). As long as it doesn’t rain I’ll be fine. I’m bringing thermals, long sleeves and jackets.

I’ll be using an ECV during the trip due to rheumatoid arthritis so I can see myself getting cold.

It’s gonna be cold for our trip! (park days 1/24 - 1/31). As long as it doesn’t rain I’ll be fine. I’m bringing thermals, long sleeves and jackets.

I’ll be using an ECV during the trip due to rheumatoid arthritis so I can see myself getting cold.
View attachment 639700
I’ve noticed the forecast is getting colder and colder for those dates each day that passes. Good thing I didnt tear the tags off the 5 pairs of shorts I got my kid lol.

I’ve noticed the forecast is getting colder and colder for those dates each day that passes. Good thing I didnt tear the tags off the 5 pairs of shorts I got my kid lol.

we experienced VERY cold weather during the same time in 2019. We thought it was a fluke…guess not!
I was jealous of the people who has 80 degree temps in December.

we experienced VERY cold weather during the same time in 2019. We thought it was a fluke…guess not!
I was jealous of the people who has 80 degree temps in December.
We went this time 2020 and it was like 75 from 10 am to 6 pm each day. It was so perfect. Crazy Florida weather.

Submitted my Walmart delivery order - yay for a W+ free trial. Hopefully all the items are in-stock when Saturday comes along.

Well… DH woke up with a fever today. It’s low at 100, so let’s hope it’s quick moving. Our rapid test at home shows negative, but we will see. We seriously don’t leave the house at all. Only way he could have gotten anything (even the flu) would be from DS going to school. Going to see how he does today and maybe go for an official test later.

Luckily today is our 10 day mark so if it is IT he should be good for our trip. I just got to keep me and DS healthy…

I hope I shouldn't take this as a bad omen, but I was doing a bit of packing and I usually keep a quart zippered bag in my purse for my liquids I take on the plane with me....purell, eye drops, hand lotion, etc. And in the process of trying to rearrange some things i ended up ripping the zipper right off the bag. 🤦‍♀️ I have another of the same size that I usually keep chargers and whatnot in, but looks like I'm going to have to move that stuff around. Ugh! I'm pretty sure it was just some cheap bag that came with a toiletry bottle set, but this is kinda poor timing.

Darn, my Jan-Feb trip with my Mom, Dad, and brother just got changed to a solo. They all have high risk factors so they (wisely) opted to postpone until March when hopefully cases will be lower. Was able to get all their reservations and tickets moved over yesterday. I admit I had been worried about them and it’s a load off my mind.

It’s been such a weird couple of years. This Jan-Feb trip was originally planned to be with my husband and son. Unfortunately our son is multiply disabled and can’t wear a mask or follow safety protocols. So then it became a solo trip. Then Mom & Dad decided to tag along :). Now it’s solo again. *sigh*

Silver lining, my husband urged me to go along with Mom & Dad in March. They are in their 80s, and my brother is disabled, so it will be great to spend time with them plus be there to help if they need it. Now there is one more trip on my schedule. Disney math - lol.

Well I'm checked in for my flight. (Fingers crossed that it stays on schedule and not cancelled.) Things look good weather wise for tomorrow. There's supposed to be a possible whopper of a storm on Saturday when I'm gone. I worry for my parents even though they don't need to go out and clean, we have an excellent snow guy. But I'm just a worrier. And so far weather looks good for flight home. Now its just some last minute stuff for work, making sure the house is in good shape, and putting things in my suitcases.

Well I'm checked in for my flight. (Fingers crossed that it stays on schedule and not cancelled.) Things look good weather wise for tomorrow. There's supposed to be a possible whopper of a storm on Saturday when I'm gone. I worry for my parents even though they don't need to go out and clean, we have an excellent snow guy. But I'm just a worrier. And so far weather looks good for flight home. Now its just some last minute stuff for work, making sure the house is in good shape, and putting things in my suitcases.
Yes! We are in NY and our original plan was to leave this Saturday. Now am happy we moved it back a week (for now) lol

We're home! We arrived to Wilderness Lodge one week ago and in some ways it seems waaaaay longer than that! We had a very smooth trip up until yesterday, with some good luck and pixie dust sprinkled in here and there. Of course, yesterday our flight was delayed and the reason was like a game of 6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon - Flight A was delayed due to maintenance issues. Flight A being delayed meant Flight B was delayed, too. Our pilot was piloting Flight B, so that made our flight late. We missed our connection by 10 minutes 😭 But Delta was good to us, got us taxi & hotel vouchers so we at least got a few hours sleep in a dark room in a bed, instead of having to spend the night in the airport. T hey got us on a new flight first thing this morning and it was only 1/3 full, so it all worked out.

Yes! We are in NY and our original plan was to leave this Saturday. Now am happy we moved it back a week (for now) lol
OMG WHERE did that Saturday storm come from right (I'm in NNJ)? It was looking soooo good for a while. I actually like a fool thought we were looking at a warmer winter for a while cause things seemed calm. Well I'm glad you were able to rearrange a bit cause it seems right now like the models are predicting a big one.

We're home! We arrived to Wilderness Lodge one week ago and in some ways it seems waaaaay longer than that! We had a very smooth trip up until yesterday, with some good luck and pixie dust sprinkled in here and there. Of course, yesterday our flight was delayed and the reason was like a game of 6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon - Flight A was delayed due to maintenance issues. Flight A being delayed meant Flight B was delayed, too. Our pilot was piloting Flight B, so that made our flight late. We missed our connection by 10 minutes 😭 But Delta was good to us, got us taxi & hotel vouchers so we at least got a few hours sleep in a dark room in a bed, instead of having to spend the night in the airport. T hey got us on a new flight first thing this morning and it was only 1/3 full, so it all worked out.
Glad it all worked out for you.

OMG WHERE did that Saturday storm come from right (I'm in NNJ)? It was looking soooo good for a while. I actually like a fool thought we were looking at a warmer winter for a while cause things seemed calm. Well I'm glad you were able to rearrange a bit cause it seems right now like the models are predicting a big one.

Glad it all worked out for you.
Just as long as Friday around 12p is clear as currently predicted all is well for me. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter