***January 2022 Thread*** - Kicking Off 2022 with WDW!

lorileahb

DIS Veteran
Can't wait for our January trip... and for the Official thread. Woo hoo!!! Half of my family hunts and they are going to camp somewhere remote - I'm taking the other half to Disney!

Who Is Kicking 2022 Off with WDW
disheadz (Disney and more trip, January)
EmilyGahr (first non-summer trip and headed to Wilderness Lodge, mid-late January)
Griffin11 (from Canada, first visit for husband and kids, late January-early February)
hsmamainva (celebrating youngest daughter's birthday, late January)
hulagirl87 (solo trip hopes - well deserved break, TBD January)
Kelli Pooh (delayed 50th birthday celebration, mid-late January)
KTwiegs (looking forward to Art of Animation, late January-early February)
lorileahb (bringing the non-hunting side of the family, hoping for mom to join, late January)
mandis77 (Epcot resort - more resort days, late January)
MarvelStars (from Canada - sisters trip, early January)
mdguy429 (no 2020 trips so headed to Poly, mid-January)
MGMmj! (celebrating son's 4th birthday with family, early January)
mjmgsssp (hoping for POFQ to open, late January)
Mrs Grumpy (dh turning 50, late January-early February)
Neverbeast (rescheduled from Sept 2020 with extended family - maybe add on with immediate family, late January-early February)
pigletto (from Canada - family trip - WDW and Universal, early-mid January)
Princessclab (moving target set for January and the Arts festival, late January-early February)
randi02 (split stay WDW / Universal, late January-early February)
RoseBen009 (first big Disney trip - split stay CBR and Poly, early-mid January)
shaws2003 (first time back since 2009, late December-early January)
SheSingsAlong (childhood friend girls trip - any crowded days to avoid?, considering mid-late January)
tinabin919 (Boardwalk and Swan/Dolphin/DS Hotel, looking for tips on DS hotels, early-mid January)
Tinkerbell_Girl (late January for CBR)

Last edited:
We're In! :yay:Arrive on December 31st, but we'll be in the parks the 1st - 8th. CBR for us. We were Covid-ed for our June 2020 trip, then had to wait until 2022 so my DD could go to nursing school. Super excited to be back in the parks, our fist trip since 2009.

So excited to join in! We had to postpone my 50th Birthday celebration trip because of COVID. 😢 We will be staying at CBR
January 17 - 28, 2022. princess:

We will be there Jan. 23-26. If my mom joins us, might splurge on our first trip to Polynesian!

We're In! :yay:Arrive on December 31st, but we'll be in the parks the 1st - 8th. CBR for us. We were Covid-ed for our June 2020 trip, then had to wait until 2022 so my DD could go to nursing school. Super excited to be back in the parks, our fist trip since 2009.

Looks like we will just miss you. Glad you are getting to go back!

So excited to join in! We had to postpone my 50th Birthday celebration trip because of COVID. 😢 We will be staying at CBR
January 17 - 28, 2022. princess:

Yay - 50th birthday. It will be amazing!

Last edited:

We'll be there January 8th-15th, staying at All-Star Movies. Our son's 4th birthday is on 1/12, and we are planning on celebrating it at the Magic Kingdom. Can't wait!

So far it is my wife, son, and I; my parents; and my sister and brother-in-law planning on going. There may also be a few more family members that wind up going.

We'll be there January 8th-15th, staying at All-Star Movies. Our son's 4th birthday is on 1/12, and we are planning on celebrating it at the Magic Kingdom. Can't wait!

So far it is my wife, son, and I; my parents; and my sister and brother-in-law planning on going. There may also be a few more family members that wind up going.

Perfect way to celebrate turning 4!!!

January 4 to February 5, not all at WDW of course. We will have 6-10 people with us, using a house in Windsor Hills as our home base.

I'm booked for late January into February at CSR!

It will be a first visit for my husband and kids. My kids have a vague idea that we may be going to Disney at some point, but I am still reluctant to tell them the plans because we're in Canada and the border is still closed. I am getting more and more confident that we'll be able to safely travel in 2022 but there are still lots of unknowns.

We just booked 1/12-18. This was supposed to be our 2020 trip. We decided to splurge on the Poly since we had no vacation in 2020, we're only doing small ones this year, so it's a bunch of vacation budget available now.

I'm booked for late January into February at CSR!

It will be a first visit for my husband and kids. My kids have a vague idea that we may be going to Disney at some point, but I am still reluctant to tell them the plans because we're in Canada and the border is still closed. I am getting more and more confident that we'll be able to safely travel in 2022 but there are still lots of unknowns.
My husband is hoping to go to Canada for duck hunting in October. Fingers crossed for your family that the border is open.
We just booked 1/12-18. This was supposed to be our 2020 trip. We decided to splurge on the Poly since we had no vacation in 2020, we're only doing small ones this year, so it's a bunch of vacation budget available now.
Nice on Poly splurge - finally a benefit to the insanity that was 2020. Welcome!

Just changed our September 2022 trip to 1/29/22-2/9/22 - staying at POP. My DH will turn 50 while we are there. Really nervous though because we have only ever gone around Labor Day So any advice I will take.

We'll be there 1/22-1/29. Currently booked at Pop, but will switch to POFQ if it reopens.
Port Orleans was always our favorite before it closed down. Fingers crossed for you! Maybe we'll bump into you at the parks. :)

Just changed our September 2022 trip to 1/29/22-2/9/22 - staying at POP. My DH will turn 50 while we are there. Really nervous though because we have only ever gone around Labor Day So any advice I will take.

Happy 50th to him! There is lots of great advice here. Hopefully you'll get to enjoy a slower/smaller crowds in Jan/Feb... and less hurricane/storm worries.

Disney posted that the Epcot portion of the Skyliner will be closed for refurbishment from January 23 through January 28, 2022, in case that impacts anyone's plans.

That's cemented my decision to stick with CSR instead of CBR.

Disney posted that the Epcot portion of the Skyliner will be closed for refurbishment from January 23 through January 28, 2022, in case that impacts anyone's plans.

That's cemented my decision to stick with CSR instead of CBR.

Thanks for sharing.

After several tries to find a week that worked for all of us, we've landed on January 2nd to 14th. Jan 2nd to 6th at Universal, and Jan 6th to 14th at Disney, staying at AKL Kidani :simba:!
It will be DH and myself, our 17yr old ds, 24yr old dd and her fiance at Universal. It will just be Dh, Ds, and I at Disney.
We are Canadian, so now just to hope we are fully vaccinated and that the border opens in time, which it's looking like it should.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter