January 2020 Disney Vision Exercise Challenge

I am happy to report many color changes today! BonnieF and Figment1990 both have turned Building Blue! And GrandAdmiralStrife hit Building Blue yesterday and Onward Orange today! Hooray! Several more team members are very close to Onward Orange as well, so let's all keep it up!

Today, we'll look at a few movie releases coming soon to theaters!
First up we have The Call of the Wild, starring Harrison Ford coming out February 21st. It is based on Jack London's 1903 novel of the same name about a dog sled mail delivery team. I think it sounds fun, but the CGI dog turns me off, personally.
The-Call-of-the-Wild.jpg
]
(image from screenrant.com)

Next up, we have the movie which our Orange color is named for this month: Onward. The movie releases on March 6th, featuring the voices of Chris Pratt and Tom Holland. The movie is set in a mythical, fantasy world that may or may not still have magic in it. I'm personally looking forward to this movie and have been ever since I saw the first teaser trailer months ago!
Onward-Movie-Poster-Cropped.jpg

(also from screenrant.com)

Are you all planning to see either movie when they come to theaters?

15 new minutes = 130/500

Are you all planning to see either movie when they come to theaters?

A big fat NO to Call of the Wild! As DS says, if the book is about a dog, and there's an award on the cover, don't read it. That goes double for me for movies.

Probably YES to Onward. It's one of those movies that looks like it will either be really stupid, or "classically quotable". DH and I will probably take our chances when it comes to the small theater near us.

More color changes today!!! Kudos to me (adding 90 minutes today, since I need to catch up a little bit 220/800), sophy1996, PollyannaMom, and Piglet1979 for all turning Onward Orange!

Today we'll go back to Epcot, the ever-changing park, for an exciting new restaurant coming super soon (any day now, really). Space 220 will be an "out of this world" dining experience--a restaurant at the top of a 220 mile high elevator overlooking our planet! Sounds fun to me, and like a very difficult ADR to book. Not too sure about what kind of cuisine we can expect to enjoy in space, but the restaurant will feature over 1000 craft beers and wines, so at least we know the drink situation. This restaurant, like the others we have featured so far this month, will not be accepting the dining plan. I thought it would be signature at least, but nope. This is out of pocket only!
sdlf023.jpg

(from disneyparksblog)

And as a bonus, I'll talk about another dining option coming to Epcot this summer, La Crêperie de Paris. This dining location will offer both table service and quick service options with cuisine inspired by the Brittany region of France. Personally, I'm more likely to check out this restaurant and am looking forward to a more approachable dining choice for the France pavilion!
crpr92384987598273432-768x432.jpg

(from disneyparksblog)

I'm adding 50 minutes for myself today, which I believe gets me totally caught up to pace! (phew!)

Congrats to TwilightSparkle and the TEAM for reaching Onward Orange today!

Today, let's talk about something a little different coming to Disney Springs. Cirque du Soleil is debuting a new show called "Drawn to Life," in which drawings come dancing to life to on an artist's desk. There will be preview shows in March and a full release afterward. Tickets are already on sale!
sdufrh203.jpg

(from disneyparksblog)

Yay for Penny McMouse for reaching Onward Orange!

Today, let's look at a park on the rise: Hollywood Studios!

Galaxy's Edge is open now and Rise of the Resistance is shaping up to be the #1 ride in all of WDW! That's not the end for DHS, though. Coming soon on March 4th, Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway will finally be unveiled! From the Walt Disney World website: "The darling duo are taking a leisurely drive to a picnic in their sporty roadster—with Engineer Goofy’s train following merrily along. Plot twist—you get to go, too! Climb aboard a runaway railway and embark on a whirlwind ride through a world where the rules of physics don’t apply. Prepare for unexpected twists, slapstick gags and mind-boggling transformations at every turn, as Mickey and Minnie try to save the day." This will be the first ride of its kind and will feature more hidden Mickey's than anywhere else in the parks!

RunawayRailway-DisneyChannel-05.jpg

(image from wdwinfo.com)

Also coming in March to DHS, a new Mickey Shorts Theater! Sounds like a great place to relax in the A/C.

25 min strength workout on Friday
51 min run today

New total 180/800
I’m progressing slowly but it’s still progress! My schedule gets better this week so I hope to make up some ground.

Yes to onward! Probably not call of the Wild in the theater even tho I love Harrison Ford. And yes to both new restaurants. I can’t wait! I love Epcot and love to have new reasons to visit even if it is going to look like a mess for a while.

We took a walk in the park today to enjoy this amazing spring weather here in NJ - it's 65 degrees! And the forecast is for snow on Friday. Go figure! (135/700)
I'll definitely give those movies a pass - neither one looks interesting to me. I can't wait for the creperie in France - right up my alley! And Space 220 looks unique - that'll be a definite yes, too.
We head down in 3 weeks - I can't wait for all the new stuff!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!