January 2020 Disney Vision Exercise Challenge

Hooray for BonnieF and Figment1990 who both have turned Onward Orange! And with that, all team members who have reported minutes for the month have reached Orange!

Today, let's look at the France Pavilion again for a new ride coming in summer 2020. Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure will let riders join chef Remy on a journey through Gasteau's kitchen. This will be a trackless dark ride just like the ride in Disneyland Paris or Pooh's Hunny Hunt in Tokyo Disneyland.

cjfnw.jpg

(from disneyparksblog)

Since I missed yesterday, I'll go ahead and finish up all the things (that I know of) coming to Epcot this year by mentioning "Harmonious," which is the new night time spectacular coming to the park later this year. According to disneyparksblog, "It will celebrate how the music of Disney inspires people the world over, carrying you away harmoniously on a stream of familiar Disney tunes reinterpreted by a diverse group of artists from around the globe. The show will feature massive floating set pieces, custom-built LED panels, choreographed moving fountains, lights, pyrotechnics, lasers and more." So to me, it sounds like Rivers of Light and Happily Ever After had a baby and that baby grew up and studied abroad in college.

I can't wait to see all the changes/ new stuff in all the parks. Not sure if we will try the restaurants, it will depend on the menus I'm still fighting off this virus.
1/5 we went to an outdoor mall and walked to the beach so I'm going to count it as 30 minutes

1/7 lots of long dog walks 30 minutes
1/9 15 minutes
1/11 15 minutes

90 minutes - i'm off to an awful start

345 minutes since last check in - horses and walking

1060/1860

We are planning on a 2021 WDW trip in hopes that all of these big changes and new additions will be complete so we can enjoy them all! I think we will need at least a 2 week trip.

I can't wait to see all the changes/ new stuff in all the parks. Not sure if we will try the restaurants, it will depend on the menus I'm still fighting off this virus.
1/5 we went to an outdoor mall and walked to the beach so I'm going to count it as 30 minutes

1/7 lots of long dog walks 30 minutes
1/9 15 minutes
1/11 15 minutes

90 minutes is better than nothing. January is so hard to get exercise in - unless you count dodging germs as a form of exercise. (We should!)

It's not how you start, but how you finish that matters! And you have reached Building Blue!

And kudos to TwilightSparkle for launching up to Pathway Purple! I am adding 70 minutes today and am also at Pathway Purple!

Today, we'll take a break from Disney Parks news and look at another upcoming movie release coming March 27. Mulan will be the next classic Disney Animated movie getting the live action treatment.

Liu-Yifei-in-Mulan-2020.jpg

(from screenrant.com)

I am not planning to go see this one. I think the animated version is good enough for me. But what do you guys think? Do you like the live action remakes? Will you see this one in theaters or will you wait until it comes to Disney+?

Jan 14 -- 75

Total -- 499/930

I have really liked all of the live action remakes. I will have to say I am not real interested in Mulan. I never really watched the animated version either. That was about the time (upper teenage years) that I stopped watching or liking a lot of the Disney movies. This was a big lull for me. It started at about Pocahontas and lasted until about Toy Story and Cars and then until Tangled, Brave (this one was ok) and Frozen.

Reporting my 30 min workout from this morning... new total 281/800! Thanks everyone for helping me be accountable to somewhere.

I don’t know if we will see the new Mulan movie. Truthfully we haven’t seen any of the live action remakes mainly because my son is not into princess movies (beauty and the beast etc) and he will probably feel the same about mulan despite all the warrior stuff and that it’s not a princess movie. I liked the animated version - or at least I saw it and remember liking it and still like the music from it. We did see Aladdin and really enjoyed it. I forgot we have Disney plus so I can go watch these movies on my own! (We mainly use Disney plus for Star Wars, marvel and the Disney documentaries).

On a similar note, we ARE very excited to see the jungle cruise movie (sorry for jumping ahead on that) because we think the rock is hilarious and love the ride. Just saw jumanji twice over the last few weeks.

Did some serious work at our library today sorting books to get ready for the annual book sale. I'm adding 120 minutes of lifting, carrying, dragging a boatload of books! It was pretty strenuous! But I got the whole history section done! (And, boy, people donate some weird books!!). (315/700)
I think I'd like to see the live action Mulan - haven't seen the animated version, but the story is intriguing! But I'll wait for it to stream.
As much as I'm looking forward to the updates in Epcot, I can't say I'm looking forward to even more strollers in France as we enjoy our Grand Marnier slushies 😏 I kind of liked a more adult atmosphere.

January has definitely conspired against routines for me, but there's always tomorrow!

I do have 40 minutes to report (half Friday and half Sunday) so I'm at 170/500.

..."Harmonious," which is the new night time spectacular coming to the park later this year. According to disneyparksblog, "It will celebrate how the music of Disney inspires people the world over, carrying you away harmoniously on a stream of familiar Disney tunes reinterpreted by a diverse group of artists from around the globe....

I love Disney music, so I'll be excited to give this one a shot.

Do you like the live action remakes? Will you see this one in theaters or will you wait until it comes to Disney+?

In general, I prefer movies (even animated ones) to be left alone, but every once in a while, one surprises me. I doubt I'll see it int he theater, but I might watch it when it comes on Disney+

On a similar note, we ARE very excited to see the jungle cruise movie (sorry for jumping ahead on that) because we think the rock is hilarious and love the ride. Just saw jumanji twice over the last few weeks.

I'm looking forward to that too.

Adding another 39 min run for a total of 320/800. My foot is still nagging me but not enough for me to abandon my workout yet...

Hope everyone is staying strong as the weekend approaches. I find myself getting more complacent towards the end of the week - probably because I’m tired, and the “weekend” mentality. But I’m trying to tell myself that if I want to reach my goals I have to keep at it and not slack off!

My fitbit is telling me now that I have 27 minutes on the 15th. Yesterday morning it said 9. Should I change my time from the 15th?

Jan 16th -- 25

Total -- 533/930

Sorry that I have been away a few days. Time has really been getting away from me lately. I'm sure everyone can relate. I'm adding 130 minutes to make up for my slacking.

Congrats to piglet1979 and BonnieF for both reaching Pathway Purple!

The next movie we will cover is Black Widow, set to come out on May 1st. This movie is said to be a prequel, set between Captain America: Civil War and Avengers: Infinity War. Part of me wonders why they didn't just produce and release the movie between those movies, but maybe the movie will give us a little more information about the events that occur in Endgame? Who knows?
Black-Widow-New-Costume.jpg

(from screenrant.com)

Another movie set to release in 2020 is "Soul." This is an original Pixar production, which I find exciting in a time of remakes and sequels. It is about a middle school music teacher whose soul becomes separated from his body. Sounds like it will be pretty deep! The release is scheduled for June 19th.
Soul.jpg

(from screenrant.com)

Lastly, we will cover a movie that some of you have already expressed some interest in: Jungle Cruise. This movie will hit theaters on June 24th and will feature the acting talents of Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson, who I am mildly in love with, and some other less important people. 🤣 I am among the many who are really looking forward to this film based on a favorite Disney Parks attraction.
Jungle-Cruise-movie-2020-poster.jpg

(from screenrant.com)

Are you folks planning to see any of these movies? I know I am going to see Jungle Cruise, but the jury is still out on the other two. I'll have to wait until I see some reviews.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!