January 2016 pre trip and trip reports.

2goofycampers

Sounds like something a camping trip could cure!
We will arrive Jan 3.:) Our pretrip was to arrive in FL on Dec 20 and soak up some warm dry weather. One more week! Who else is gonna be here?

I've got me some popcorn ready!
giphy.gif

Yall will help us get though January til February 6th and our trip!

We arrive Jan 7th and leave on Sunday, Jan 10th. I have my official orders from Mickey for the 2016 Cigna Marathon. I will be running (a/k/a power walking with a few spurts of running in between) the 10K on Friday the 8th.race info.jpg

The rock stars will be there Jan 3 to Jan 17. I am only doing the full this year and will spectate for the half while Bert runs. We drove back today from Ohio, missed all the bad traffic. Planned our dinners for Disney in the car. Now I am on laundry and then start packing.

Just my random food thoughts...

Disney Food! Oh sweet sweet Disney Food! I have been craving a Mickey pretzel with cheese for about two weeks now. I read on the other side that cheese was no longer an option and I almost cried real tears. Thank God they were'nt talking about the side cheese you can get in a cup. I mean side cheese is my life!!!

So I want a Mickey Pretzel with cheese and a Dole Whip. I guess I have only had the ice cream and thought that was the Dole Whip everyone refers to. Then the other day I saw a pic that looks like a root beer float only with juice. That must be the Dole Whip and I must have one of them. I also need some Trails End breakfast and Trails End dinner where I plan to eat like 4 baked potatoes with cheese and butter and chives and bacon mountain high! Mountain High People!!!! And Shortcake! Yummy! Bring it! I want it right now ;) I should rotate daily between breakfast and dinner at TE, you know, to "pace myself". Lets see.....oh yes, Brisket Nachos from TE to go. Love! Must have me some soon. Like real soon. Like this time next week!

What else, what else.......pineapple on a stick and I want to try that ice cream sink. I may share with family, maybe. Will see. If they are good. I want and will have a fat and happy Tusker buffet brunch where I will be wearing my stretch pants for the day and eat that hot cherry cobbler like it's going out of STYLE! Yes! I think I will have me a couple lunches at Beast Castle too and order that turkey sandwich with grey stuff cupcake on the side.

Don't let me forget to snack around the world!!! I'll start with nachos from Mexico and then we shall see. Crepes from France? Oh joy! Oh joy!

Will try to squeeze in TRex and Liberty Tree Tavern and Sleepy Hallow waffles too.

Last but not least, Hoop Dee Do Review for more mouth watering chicken galore.

Last edited:

Disney Food! Oh sweet sweet Disney Food! I have been craving a Mickey pretzel with cheese for about two weeks now. I read on the other side that cheese was no longer an option and I almost cried real tears. Thank God they were'nt talking about the side cheese you can get in a cup. I mean side cheese is my life!!!

So I want a Mickey Pretzel with cheese and a Dole Whip. I guess I have only had the ice cream and thought that was the Dole Whip everyone refers to. Then the other day I saw a pic that looks like a root beer float only with juice. That must be the Dole Whip and I must have one of them. I also need some Trails End breakfast and Trails End dinner where I plan to eat like 4 baked potatoes with cheese and butter and chives and bacon mountain high! Mountain High People!!!! And Shortcake! Yummy! Bring it! I want it right now ;) I should rotate daily between breakfast and dinner at TE, you know, to "pace myself". Lets see.....oh yes, Brisket Nachos from TE to go. Love! Must have me some soon. Like real soon. Like this time next week!

What else, what else.......pineapple on a stick and I want to try that ice cream sink. I may share with family, maybe. Will see. If they are good. I want and will have a fat and happy Tusker buffet brunch where I will be wearing my stretch pants for the day and eat that hot cherry cobbler like it's going out of STYLE! Yes! I think I will have me a couple lunches at Beast Castle too and order that turkey sandwich with grey stuff cupcake on the side.

Don't let me forget to snack around the world!!! I'll start with nachos from Mexico and then we shall see. Crepes from France? Oh joy! Oh joy!

Will try to squeeze in TRex and Liberty Tree Tavern and Sleepy Hallow waffles too.

I gained 10 pounds just reading this. :thumbsup2

What about after the first 2 days? :p:rotfl:;)

Our check in is today. Leaving Gainesville around 7:00 am. We did put arrival around 9 am, linking with our daughter, SNL, and children, both on premium, and am aware, they may not be ready. But, we are. Left a major winter storm at the dairy farm for our sons and families to enjoy! Lucky them. We tell ourselves we have earned this. Will report how linking and early arrival during a very busy time of year works for us. Everyone travel safe. Yester, 75 south of Atlanta was very slow for about an hour at lunch time yesterday. Construction. Patience and 75 degree weather made this easier!

Happy New Year everyone. We picked up the rig today and brought it to the house. Will get cold tonight just about freezing tomorrow morning. We have the hydro hot on so should be ok for the night. Basically packed up except for the cold food. We dont have much of that as will will shop once we get to Orlando. Plan is to leave early and hope to avoid the atlanta constuction. We have a night booked at Ocala Sun Resort.l Should take about 7 hours to get there tomorrow. Then a quick drive on Sunday morning. Will try to leave a bit late so that we are not too early at the fort. It should be a big checkout day.

Sunday might be some cruddy weather, so we can do our mini light maintainance then. We were supposed to clean up the rig from the november trip during the mini december maintainance we thought we would do but could not do it. We got to the storage today and i had to clean bug guts off the window. Good thing is only need to vaccum all the twigs out. Yeti will just bring more in. Brining the vaccum this trip. Anyways there will be a few folks in for Jan. Will do pics of the dogs. I will actually be quite busy at work next week so there wont be much play time. That is for after the marathon.

Safe travels to all.

Cooled off quite a bit. 61 right now and raining. Looks like we'll pack the outside stuff in bags for the move to The Fort. But, it's still better than being home and working! See everyone soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!