January 2016 pre trip and trip reports.

We left home(Texas) @ 4:56 AM on Jan 1st. Weather was good very little rain & not hard. We Made Milton Fla a little before 5:00 pm. I had fixed our New Year meal, black eye peas, cabbage & chicken tenders the day before. Left Milton around 7:00 AM. Stayed Sat. night @ Citra, Fla Grand Lake RV Resort & Golf. Great place! We arrived at the Fort 9:00 AM Sunday. No traffic at the gate, our site 904 was ready with no rain. After we got everything done, headed to Epcot for our last ride on Soarin. We had not taken time to eat & our tummies was saying feed me. Grab a snack & headed to Magic Kingdom to see the parade. Because the rain had picked up - the park was light on people & no parade. The Castle was breathtaking.We had not seen it looking as covered in ice. Stayed awhile & decided to come on back to the camper. Will try & send pictures later on. We are headed to Hollywood today & see Osborn lights tonight.

Let's see how this goes. We got in yesterday and the rain rain rain came down down down. We did get mostly setup but yeti wanted out badly.

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

We were atleast happy the site was ready. The originally gave us 807 but I looked for another 807 backs up to big pine. We got 841 which is by the pet walk. We had issues with boat transportation to dinner so we walked in the rain to WL. Planned on boating back figuring it would be better, but nope. We walked back home.

I am trying to get up early to get ready for the weekend. I was up at 5:15 and went for a short run an hour later. It was a cool beautiful morning, wish the weather today would be for the marathon but nope, going to be hot for the marathon. After my run, we took the dogs for a long walk. Looks like CorgiDad is back in 300, come say hi. After that it was work. The weather was great but I had too many meetings so I was in the bedroom all day. Bert works on the table. He did get some light maintenance done so lights in the bedroom are working good. Just have to do two more in the bathroom. Changing the overhead to LED.

We finally managed to setup outside after work. Bert setting up the outdoor lights. We got some more after Xmas.

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

Fire is going going to have bourbon salmon on cedar plank tonight.

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

Thanks snowmedic, am hoping the weather is not horrible supposed to rain but with 78 as the tempi might hope it rains.

2goofycampers where are you? Do you have your dogs with?

Melissa kids look happy hope it lasts the whole way to Disney. We are going to try hard to walk the 1500 loop but it might be far for my two, though they did really good this morning.

We normally leave the house at 5am but this time I had a doctors appointment that couldn't be missed. So we finally left Central Illinois around 11:30 am. Just passed Nashville and plan to stop at a Hyatt south of Birmingham later tonight.

Kids are doing well! I purchased new car seats for them. They outgrew there super awesome old car seats about a year ago and I moved them to boosters. Since then I have had mild anxiety attacks as I don't feel they are all that safe. I swore before we left I would get better ones and I finally did. For the price, I could have flown them both round trip! I'm pretty happy with these and they will last them until 100 lbs (teenagers hahaha) and have triple side coverage impact protection. Plus they recline and kids can sleep well in them. I'm feeling extra safe this trip and wish I would have purchased them sooner.

Kris - if you don't make it over we will sure catch you on our rounds.

We normally leave the house at 5am but this time I had a doctors appointment that couldn't be missed. So we finally left Central Illinois around 11:30 am. Just passed Nashville and plan to stop at a Hyatt south of Birmingham later tonight.

Welcome to the 'Ham! (Actually I'm in a southern suburb called Hoover where I65 crosses I459).

I'll flash my driveway floodlights a couple times before I turn in tonight. Are you planning to head east to Atlanta and go down I75 or take I65 to Montgomery, then down Hwy 231 through Dothan, and pick up I10 in the Panhandle? The Dothan route is my preferred but I have gone the Atlanta way too at times.:car:

Safe travels. Looking forward to hearing and seeing your trip online.

Bama Ed

Great pictures of Epcot @2goofycampers! The sky/ball/monorail pic is perfect! Blue skies and sunshine, I can't wait for that.

@bama_ed we take I65 to Montgomery then towards Dothan, hop back on 10 to 75. No thanks on traveling thru Atlanta. Nope. Funny you mentioned Hoover. We stayed at the Hyatt in Burmingham/Hoover. Nice clean little hotel.

I woke at 4:15 this morning or I should say my son woke me at 4:15. Realized today we would be in the bubble and decided to get my day on! First stop is the restroom (naturally) and well, there is a full length mirror on the exterior of the door and it was dark and my own reflection scared me to death! I screamed and almost had a heart attack right then in there. WTH! Who does that? Why would they put a damn mirror there. Good Gracious! I honestly thought there was another person in our room for a second.

So breakfast and then we roll out before 7am. Heading to AoA and meeting up with my daughter later today. Should arrive before 5. I believe I mentioned already that my daughter is cruising the Bahamas. Today is the day they get off the ship. She won this cruise back a few months ago via a call in radio Q&A thing. Well she is on the ship last night and texts me "I just won another free cruise !" What ???!!! That kid! I swear. She needs to start buying lotto tickets. That would help right now considering the price we pay for her college....lol!

So here's the kiddos all ready to get there Disney on!

image.jpg

Kids are back to napping and hubby and I are listening to this....

Family ties run deep in this land...

image.jpg

Last edited:
Lunch was Tusker House at AK today. Let's just say not our favorite. The character interaction was good.
102_0096.JPG

Last night after dinner the dogs went for a LONG walk. I could not believe it. They were on fire. We did big pine loop and then went through the 1400 loop. BJSCHILL we saw your sight. The cheesehead cows gave you away but no one was home. We decided since the dogs had a pile of energy to walk 300 and see if CorgiDad was out. He was so we had a nice visit with him. Then finally back and to bed.

It was another early morning. Bert and I walked then fed dogs and took them for a walk. We did indulge and go to trails end for breakfast. It was great as usual. Then back home to work. Sitting out now making dinner. Will walk dogs after that and then go to bed early. We want to get up and start work by 7 tomorrow so we can head to the expo.

Not as many pics today but the kids have fans and I can't disappoint.

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

One side comment, we have watched a few people get into their sites, it can be entertaining. I am amazed how many pull up and just back in. We always stop get out and look. Besides not wanting to hit anything, we also like to check out the best placement for the rig.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter