January 2016 pre trip and trip reports.

People who bend/break the rules are annoying. Clearly two campers on one site. Generator running all night, continues to run. Management was called, addressed, but will wait until this morning to be more direct. In the meantime, DD, SNL, and three little kids, less than six feet away of the big rig, had to listen this this loud noise all night. Daughters camper is just to the left, to protect privacy did not include in picture. We will move tomorrow. Or they will. 1417image.jpeg

Last edited:
Kris, good luck to you and Bert in your runs next weekend.

On AccuWeather Friday night/Saturday morning is showing 61F for the low/race temp for the Half and. Saturday night/Sunday morning is showing 62F for the low/race temp for the Full.

Bama Ed

People who bend/break the rules are annoying. Clearly two campers on one site. Generator running all night, continues to run. Management was called, addressed, but will wait until this morning to be more direct. In the meantime, DD, SNL, and three little kids, less than six feet away of the big rig, had to listen this this loud noise all night. Daughters camper is just to the left, to protect privacy did not include in picture. We will move tomorrow. Or they will. 1417View attachment 142643

That's quite the interesting site set up now isn't it....

People who bend/break the rules are annoying. Clearly two campers on one site. Generator running all night, continues to run. Management was called, addressed, but will wait until this morning to be more direct. In the meantime, DD, SNL, and three little kids, less than six feet away of the big rig, had to listen this this loud noise all night. Daughters camper is just to the left, to protect privacy did not include in picture. We will move tomorrow. Or they will. 1417View attachment 142643

Barb, the way to get Disney Management's attention is to tell them is that they can make more money if they require those folks to get a 2nd site for the 2nd camper.

It's all about Revenue for the Mouse - phrase it in a way they will understand.

Bama Ed

Well, it is now 10:21, and they are still together. People are staying in both the travel trailer, with the white bumper hitch in front, and the tractor trailer with large slide with back door. Disney owners?? Not sure, but we have lots of documentation to plead our case!!

Don't waist your precious vacation stewing over what you can't control.

I would either walk right over to their site and talk to them about the generator running at night and if they realize it is disturbing sleep. If they plan to continue to run the generator again tonight then I would just move. Like right now and be done with it.

OR

Just move and be done with it.

Disney moves SLOW at resolving these type of issues and you are better off just handling it yourself.

If that were me and I was woke up during the middle of the night, I would be waking up my neighbor by knocking loudly on their camper door.

image.jpeg Safe travels, the site opened up on the other side of us, so Jody, Tim and kids moved. The desk refunded them for last nights camping fees, so all is well. Funny this is, at 11:40 am, still two trailers, one site. They are set up, all is well, and we are off for another fun day. Warming up after a chilly morning. Below is the full view. Fort Wilderness has set a bad precedent, and opened a can of worms for other travel trailers, etc.

Last edited:
Well you know the large white rig is technically a tow vehicle, so they have two tow vehicles and a camper on one site. This is how they "sold" it to Disney, to get away with it. Still don't make it right, and well the generator, never.
Have a great rest of your trip.

Maybe we'll just squeeze right in there tomorrow. ;) 3 is better than 2

We are in Ocala. Got out a bit later than anticipated. The cold required us to refill tires. We were on the road st 9:10 am. The goal was to get through the 75 construction south of Atlanta before everyone woke. Wow it is so much worse than November, bjschill, I can see how you had issues Sunday. Thankfully not a lot of cars in the morning and got through no problems.

We made decent time and got in aroun 3:30. The traffic coming northbound was horrible. Ocala was backed up. At the time no accidents just lots of congestion. Hope it was everyone going home to start school and our return trip is not as bad.

Ocala sun rv resort is pretty nice. The overnights are packed in but pull through and I expect all to leave in the morning. Lots of dogs and ours are rock stars as usual. I did not take pics, guess I was just thinking about getting back and having dinner. Yeti actually had a tough trip down. His back is really bothering him. I bought mal a new harness a few moths ago and hung on to the old one in case yeti needs it. He might. He is not happy getting in the rig. He can get out but getting in is difficult.

Thanks Bamako Ed, am actually concerned it is going to be warm for me at the 20 lie point. I did bring throw away clothes just in case temps turned tank but I don't think that will happen. I have had a cold so my training has been hampered. My rib feels better and my knee is doing ok. Hoping under trained but less injured will be better.

Another pathetic display of Disney failing to do what is right. Pay that much a night and get that kind of treatment (or lack of it). So they are loosing money each night on that second rig and then lost a night of revenue on your family members night after the reimbursement. Absolutely stupid.

Well, at least you're keeping a positive attitude about things. Good on you.

Tiggerdad, you are absolutely correct. Last evening when we came back, from a fabulous fun day, the double two family TT parks are still across from us! Weird, and mysteriously amazingly creepy, Our daughters phone immediately rang. It was the front desk. They were sorry about the incident the night before, and spoke twice with the residents in site 1417. They were pulling out today, (Sunday). Security had spoke with them twice on Saturday, and they promised not to run their generator last night. Well, of course, after DNL moved. Management also told our DD last evening on their phone call to her that they did not realize her site had been reassigned to another camper, so they were going to let them stay put until today. Otherwise, they had planned on moving them to her site. What they did fail to to notice is that the site below the double occupied site, site 1415, was and is completely open. Still is this am. Oh, but that would cost the poor family $$$$$$. Guess just the rest of us have to obey the rules, but not them. Not quite what to make sure of this. There is a White GMC pickup truck that pulls the TT, and will pull the TT. A fair amount of people in this loop have taken pictures, and are very disgruntled. We are having fun. Weather is nice, all is well. Rant about this over, until the semi leaves and shakes the road!!! It was packed last night at HS. We sat for over an hour and watched the Oaborn Lights. Fabulous. Happy Sunday Funday at Disney World. Now, if only the Packers could win this game tonight, but that will require our team to show up, and we are not sure which team will play tonight!!!!

@bjschil glad your family was able to see the lights!!!

We leave tomorrow morning bright and early! Golf cart is loaded and the van is all packed. I'm almost done with the madness I like to call "vacation clean". I swear I have been deep cleaning this house for weeks on end now (literally). My home sparkles about twice a year (right before vacations).

Hubby is loading hay and should be home before 5 pm. Then, heading out for a Mexican dinner and hopefully turning in early.

We won't be driving through Atlanta and will miss Georgia completely. Taking two days to get there instead of the 14 hour drive we did last year. Also staying at the Art of Animation for one night before moving over to FW bright and early on Wednesday. Miss Grace has been wanting to stay there for a long time and little Miss is about to get a little extra bonus on her trip. Our oldest daughter and her boyfriend are currently sailing the Bahamas. They will be staying at All Stars the same night we stay at AOA then joining us Wednesday at FW. It will be really nice this trip having all my children together at Disney. The last two years my teen has not wanted to go. Funny how after HS graduation, she now can't wait. Feeling extra blessed!

Hoping for safe travels & good weather.

Just wanted to say we are here. They had a sight for us though not in 700. In the 800 loop thus time 841, backs up to the pet walk so that is good. The rain held off for the last bit of the drive and while we setup. Got the dogs for a walk and picked up a modem. Saw grumpieaggy and friendsofeyeore site. Time for a shower then dinner at territory lounge. Will post more later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter