January 17, 2013 DREAM Cruise becomes a Reality

We'll be on this ship as well. 5 of us in total:
myself
DH
DD8
DD6
DD5

We are all over the moon. We just told the kids although we signed up for it back in March. DH and I just got off of a mediterranean cruise about a month ago that was amazing with Royal (which was our second with Royal). This will be our first real family vacation and the kids first cruise.

Originally we were going to book a 4D, but I was curious about the portholes inside, so we booked 2 11's instead. We are so excited!

I'm getting so excited. Are you guys. Only 96 days. I can do online ck in on the 19th woohoo

Plus it's about 81 degrees vs 61 here in flintstone

We just got back from our first cruise. We booked the Blue Lagoon Sea Lion experience and it was amazing.. I am not sure if they have a minimum age. We walked along the beach, etc and it was very nice. Good place to go to enjoy a beach day in Nassau....

Hey, this is definitely on my list in the future! Yes, they have a minimum age of 8, according to the website.

Hi Everyone--

Looks like we will be joining you on this cruise. We just got back from a 4 nighter with you DW and myself for our 15th anniversary. We originally had a WDW trip planned during these dates as a surprise birthday trip but after getting off the Dream, we decided to take a quick cruise with the kids. It works out that they are off of school Thursday Friday and Monday so we wont have to pull them out.. There will be 5 of us, DW, DD (14), DD (11- on sailing date) and DD (4)....

If anyone has any questions about the Dream since we just got off, let me know.

Thanks!

Tom

Welcome! That is so great to book another cruise -- shows you must love it.

Ok, my questions -- as a first time cruiser, what did you enjoy the most? what were you surprised about (either good or bad)? and what are you going to do differently next time?

Just curious. Since we will be on the dream a few wks after Christmas. Will it still be decorated.

I don't know but I suspect not. Disney is usually pretty good about getting holiday decorations up/down pretty quickly.

We'll be on this ship as well. 5 of us in total:
myself
DH
DD8
DD6
DD5

We are all over the moon. We just told the kids although we signed up for it back in March. DH and I just got off of a mediterranean cruise about a month ago that was amazing with Royal (which was our second with Royal). This will be our first real family vacation and the kids first cruise.

Originally we were going to book a 4D, but I was curious about the portholes inside, so we booked 2 11's instead. We are so excited!

Welcome! Glad to hear you liked Royal and it'll be interesting to hear how Disney is different.

We debated the whole big porthole window vs balcony but balcony won out since we have kids...hoping to use the balcony as a 2nd room when they nap or go to bed early.

I'm getting so excited. Are you guys. Only 96 days. I can do online ck in on the 19th woohoo

Me too -- very excited!! Just curious, your on-line check-in date is based on your cruise status? I think mine isn't until November...I'm a 1st timer.

Also, what type of things are you "checking in"? I assume we can sign up for spa, tours, etc?

Plus it's about 81 degrees vs 61 here in flintstone

Yeah, this change of weather here in Virginia caught us all with colds, making me long for warmer weather again! (has been in the 60s too)

Anyone else wishing to join in on the FE (kind of like a Secret Santa for the ship), please let us know.

Also, if you wish to share your Cabin Number (whether you are in the FE or not), please let us know and I'll add to the front page.

We are castaway club members but this will only be our 2 nd dcl cruise but certainly not our last. Our cabin number is 6062. Not doing FE

Time to get back to DCL.

Is there a stateroom tour planned for this cruise ?

Any singles or solo travelers ?

Lori

Costa Cruise 09/1974 - San Juan - Caracus
Crystal Symphony 11/11/2009 - NY – Bermuda – St Maarten – Antigua – Curacao – Grand Cayman - Miami
RCL Monarch 09/24/2010 - Caribbean
Disney Magic 10/01/2011- Key West – Grand Caymen – Cozumel
Carribbean Princess 10/29/2011- NY – St. Thomas – Antigua – Aruba - Miami
Disney Dream 11/27/2011 - Bahamas
Disney Magic 12/11/2011 – Key West – Grand Caymen – Cozumel
Disney Dream 01/22/2012 – Bahamas
MCS Poesia 03/03/2012 - Ft Lauderdale – St. Thomas - PR - Bahamas
Holland America 06/02/2012 – Boston – NS – Quebec – Montreal
Disney Fantasy 09/22/2012 – St. Maarten, St. Thomas, Bahamas
Disney Dream 01/17/2013 - Bahamas
MSC Poesia 03/02/2013 – Cozumel - Grand Caymen - Jamaica
World Cruise 01/2014

Just booked our Palo reservation and even mananged to book a cabana. We have never done it before and figured we would try it out.

FYI there was still one Family cabana left as of this A.M.

Yay just completed my on line ck in as a returning castaway silver club member. Got a 11:00-11:30 ck in time woohoo

Marshay said:
Anyone else wishing to join in on the FE (kind of like a Secret Santa for the ship), please let us know.

Also, if you wish to share your Cabin Number (whether you are in the FE or not), please let us know and I'll add to the front page.

How do we sign up for FE? We have two cabins, friend just booked us and them on their Dream cruise that ended today. We don't have cabin numbers yet.

She (Angelztreazurez) has done it before and I'm a newbie. She's still away enjoying the MK and asked me to sign us up.

Thanks!

Hello- Our family is joining you and it's a surprise for them (the first cruise for us). If you hear a giant boom it is me exploding from excitement while trying to keep the secret in.

I'd love to be a part of the FE group but of couse being new to this am still a little unclear- we make one gift for everyone and pass them out on one day. So we have 15 people sharing we make 15 gifts and deliver them all at once right? (versus giving something to one person every day like a secret santa) thanks!

#10012; 1 dad, 1 mom, 1 girl- 8 yrs., 1 boy 10 yrs.

Thank you, Thank you Thank you!

Hi !!!!

Please add us to the FE
angelztreazurez....Mark and Angela no kids this time !!! 3rd cruise !!!
10MouseEars........Ron and Debbie no kids !!! 1st time Disney cruisers

no cabin numbers yet

We booked our first Disney cruise on the Dream for January 17th. We are all excited.:cool1::banana:

Who's joining us?

*FE* = Fish Extender group
Please list age at time of cruise for children.

Dis'ers
Marshay = DW, DH, DD3 & DD7 in Cabin #7584 (*FE*)
watwsj = DW, DH, DD4 & DD2 (*FE*)
Sinderelly = DW, DH & DD
Disneymomcat = DMom & DS13
CastawayJP = DH, DW, DD13, DD5 & DD4
SFD998 = DH, DW
Keechie = DW, DH, DS13, DD7 in Cabin #7612 (*FE*)
DisneyOHFan = DH, DW, DS15 (*FE*)
DisneyOHFan's Adult Family = DW, DH, DS5, DS2 (*FE*)
burger315 = Dad, DS10, DD4
stmize = DH, DW
BibiSmart = DH, DW, DD17, DS13 (*FE*)
Mama Odie = DW, DH, DD8, DD6 (*FE*)
Joni4122 = DH, DW, DD8, DS6 in Cabin #8520 (*FE*)
nherbert = DW, DH, DS5 (*FE*)
Stephndoug = DW, DH in Cabin #5188
tperkins71 = DH, DW, DD14, DD11, DD4
summerl30 = DW, DH, DD8, DD6, DD5

Yay just completed my on line ck in as a returning castaway silver club member. Got a 11:00-11:30 ck in time woohoo

I got that time frame too...YIPEE!!! Of course we will be at the port a little earlier...who can sleep on cruise day anyway LOL

Stefndoug said:
I got that time frame too...YIPEE!!! Of course we will be at the port a little earlier...who can sleep on cruise day anyway LOL

Us too. I know right

We are castaway club members but this will only be our 2 nd dcl cruise but certainly not our last. Our cabin number is 6062. Not doing FE

Great! I'll add the info.

I'm strongly thinking about going on this cruise for my 30th birthday! With my 2 kids DS8 & DD 6

It would be a great birthday present!!

Time to get back to DCL.

Is there a stateroom tour planned for this cruise ?

Any singles or solo travelers ?
Lori

So far not on this list. You may find more singles or solos on the Cruise Critic forum.

Just booked our Palo reservation and even mananged to book a cabana. We have never done it before and figured we would try it out.

FYI there was still one Family cabana left as of this A.M.

you'll definitely have to share with us your experience in the cabana. As a first time cruiser, I just looked at the price and was amazed. Maybe once I get to Castaway Cay, I'll understand it more. This is our first DCL so I'm a bit overwhelmed by all of the things to do, things to buy, etc.

Yay!!

How do we sign up for FE? We have two cabins, friend just booked us and them on their Dream cruise that ended today. We don't have cabin numbers yet.

She (Angelztreazurez) has done it before and I'm a newbie. She's still away enjoying the MK and asked me to sign us up.

Thanks!

I will add your info to the list!

Hello- Our family is joining you and it's a surprise for them (the first cruise for us). If you hear a giant boom it is me exploding from excitement while trying to keep the secret in.

I'd love to be a part of the FE group but of couse being new to this am still a little unclear- we make one gift for everyone and pass them out on one day. So we have 15 people sharing we make 15 gifts and deliver them all at once right? (versus giving something to one person every day like a secret santa) thanks!

#10012; 1 dad, 1 mom, 1 girl- 8 yrs., 1 boy 10 yrs.

Thank you, Thank you Thank you!

Welcome! It is up to each family how they wish to do the FE exchange. Some people only give one stateroom gift, although many other do gifts for children or for everyone.

Since it is a very short cruise, just deliver them all at once.

Please join our FB page just set up for the Fish Exchange.
http://www.facebook.com/groups/343062759116780/

Hi !!!!

Please add us to the FE
angelztreazurez....Mark and Angela no kids this time !!! 3rd cruise !!!
10MouseEars........Ron and Debbie no kids !!! 1st time Disney cruisers

no cabin numbers yet

Welcome! I"ll add you to this list. Please join our FB FE page so we can talk more about the FE. Cutoff date is approaching in Mid-November and then I'll send out specific info to all.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/343062759116780/

Sounds great!

Us too. I know right

I'm hoping to get an early time too, if we can. As a first timer, I think it would be good to get on the ship early and start exploring.

We also have the 11 am boarding time...YIPPIE !!!!!!
Bought our pirate outfits just needing accessories !!!!
Anyone else doing the 5K ???

We just finished a 3day ....was awesome !!!
Any questions you newbies have ..I would be glad to help.....

We also have the 11 am boarding time...YIPPIE !!!!!!
Bought our pirate outfits just needing accessories !!!!
Anyone else doing the 5K ???

We just finished a 3day ....was awesome !!!
Any questions you newbies have ..I would be glad to help.....

As a newbie, I just always want to know what words of wisdom do you have for a 1st timer? I don't even really know what to ask, when we should do what and what we should do (vs. what can be skipped).

Only 79 more days. Yay.

Can't believe that it's nearly November!! The next two months will just fly by so quickly.

It may be almost November, but I'm not sure I'll be able to convince my daughters that it will go quickly! :-)

Before I forget again, we'll be in cabin #9172. Thanks again for coordinating the FE!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter