January 17, 2013 DREAM Cruise becomes a Reality

I would also be interested in participating in the FE group. Not sure what I was thinking in my first post, but my DDs will be 4 and 2 (almost 3) at cruise time! Thanks for coordinating!

Hello everyone,
This is our first cruise too and would like to do it right. So would love to join the group and participate in fish extenders.

This is also my first post to the forum, bound to get something wrong.

There are three of us, DW, DH, DS(5).

We are from Tasmania, Australia. Before the trip we will be spening time at AoA.

We are so unbelievably excited about this trip been planning for over a year.

Welcome Nhebert

Im from Melbourne Australia but have lived in Canada for the last 10 years. And we will be on the same cruise. Looking forward to hearing another Aussie on board :).

Just checked our reservation details and see they assigned us a cabin. We were booked GTY cat 7a. Now we're confirmed in cabin 8520. Looks like a good location, though it's very forward not midship (which, they say, is better if you're prone to seasickness). I'm already stocking up on the Bonine for myself and the kids. DH doesn't have a problem. Anyway, stateroom reviews for that cabin say it is super quiet and convenient to elevators. We're even more excited now to have an actual number. Makes it seem more real! Can't wait!!!:woohoo:

Great! Thanks for the reminder to put Cabin # on for those who wish to do so. I guess I need to go look up my cabin now. I remember doing so in the very beginning...all I wanted was not to be directly above the movies, nightclubs or theaters.

I would also be interested in participating in the FE group. Not sure what I was thinking in my first post, but my DDs will be 4 and 2 (almost 3) at cruise time! Thanks for coordinating!

I'll update your info.

Hello everyone,
This is our first cruise too and would like to do it right. So would love to join the group and participate in fish extenders.

This is also my first post to the forum, bound to get something wrong.

There are three of us, DW, DH, DS(5).

We are from Tasmania, Australia. Before the trip we will be spening time at AoA.

We are so unbelievably excited about this trip been planning for over a year.

Welcome! It looks like you did everything correctly! There is a January thread in the hotels section if you'd like to join that too. Chance to meet/talk with other Dissers who are going to the parks in January.

Welcome Nhebert

Im from Melbourne Australia but have lived in Canada for the last 10 years. And we will be on the same cruise. Looking forward to hearing another Aussie on board :).

wow -- how cool! Two Australian families on the same Disney cruise (singing "It's a Small World After All" in my head...):)

If anyone wants to add their Cabin #'s to the first post, just let me know.

And I cannot pm you yet as I dont have 10 post yet but am working on it

To get more posts, just post 5 times here...

break up your sentence...
into just a couple...
of words.
We don't ...
mind at all.
:)

Or you can go to the Community threads where they list people's birthdays and wish 5 strangers Happy Birthday.

In case you didn't see my earlier post.

If you are interested in joining the Fish Extender (i.e., kind of like Secret Santa, Disney Style) group, please send a request to join our group at the following FB address:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/343062759116780/

We can talk about the group on FB without cluttering up this thread for those not interested.

Thanks!:goodvibes

I don't Facebook. Tried it. It wasn't my thing. I'd still like to do fish extenders, though, so maybe you can keep us updated some other way. Thanks!

Thanks, Marsha, got your pm but I, too, don't have enough posts to pm back. I'll get that done in the next day or so and pm you the info. Thanks again, Joni:)

I have thought about joining this cruise for a while. My son is 12 and would love a cruise where there are so many kids his age. My hesitation is that I am bringing him solo. I don't want to be ditched the entire time.

I have never cruised before, so maybe I am just naive about cruises. I am heading out there in Nov with my 8yo. Hopefully, I will have a better idea of how it all works after to make a better decision.

I have thought about joining this cruise for a while. My son is 12 and would love a cruise where there are so many kids his age. My hesitation is that I am bringing him solo. I don't want to be ditched the entire time.

I have never cruised before, so maybe I am just naive about cruises. I am heading out there in Nov with my 8yo. Hopefully, I will have a better idea of how it all works after to make a better decision.

Let us know if you decide to join.

That is a good question about activities for a solo cruiser (when you son is constantly in the kids section).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter