January 17, 2013 DREAM Cruise becomes a Reality

I wanted to ask you experienced cruisers...what is a good, basic touring plan for a cruise.

Now don't laugh!

I'm not trying to go commando or anything but I know there are certain times you can check out the kids section (I assume on the first day) and there are better times than others to try out the Aquaduct (early mornings?) and show start at 7pm? in the evenings... and...

I don't even know what to ask really about what else there is.

For our first DCL, I want a small taste of a lot (!) ... I keep hearing there is tons of things to do. So excited!!:cool1:

Hi there, I found this forum doing a google search. I am a CruiseCritic member, but our roll call isn't very big, so I was hoping to find one somewhere else. My hubbie and I are booked on this cruise. This will be my 3rd Disney cruise and probably our 20th overall cruise. We have been on Princess, RCL, NCL, Carnival, Holland America and Celebrity. We are DVC members, so we will be staying at Animal Kingdom pre cruise. So far my group is only us and my parents. I am a huge Disney fan... I have a Mickey Mouse tattoo. We are in cabin #5188. My name is Stefani and my hubbie's name is Doug

I wanted to ask you experienced cruisers...what is a good, basic touring plan for a cruise.

Now don't laugh!

I'm not trying to go commando or anything but I know there are certain times you can check out the kids section (I assume on the first day) and there are better times than others to try out the Aquaduct (early mornings?) and show start at 7pm? in the evenings... and...

I don't even know what to ask really about what else there is.

For our first DCL, I want a small taste of a lot (!) ... I keep hearing there is tons of things to do. So excited!!:cool1:

The kid's clubs willl be open the first day for tours. The best thing is to check the Navigators daily for all the activities. We found the Aquaduck the least crowded as soon as you board, late at night, early morning or while the ship is in port. Also if you have late dining, a less crowded time was during early dining. Good luck with all your planning! :goodvibes

Stefndoug said:
Hi there, I found this forum doing a google search. I am a CruiseCritic member, but our roll call isn't very big, so I was hoping to find one somewhere else. My hubbie and I are booked on this cruise. This will be my 3rd Disney cruise and probably our 20th overall cruise. We have been on Princess, RCL, NCL, Carnival, Holland America and Celebrity. We are DVC members, so we will be staying at Animal Kingdom pre cruise. So far my group is only us and my parents. I am a huge Disney fan... I have a Mickey Mouse tattoo. We are in cabin #5188. My name is Stefani and my hubbie's name is Doug

Welcome! I will add you to the list! I wasn't even aware of Cruise Critic...would be nice to meet others too.

There are also two January threads on DIS, too, in case you wish to join them for your ore cruise.

Sinderelly said:
The kid's clubs willl be open the first day for tours. The best thing is to check the Navigators daily for all the activities. We found the Aquaduck the least crowded as soon as you board, late at night, early morning or while the ship is in port. Also if you have late dining, a less crowded time was during early dining. Good luck with all your planning! :goodvibes

Thanks. We have early dining.

What do you do once you board and are waiting for your room? Do you eat or go right to the pool or aqueduct or just wander the ship or?

Also how do you know when your room in ready?

Thx!

Of all the cruises we have done, i love Disney the best. My next favourite is Celebrity. We did the Disney Pacific Coastal last year and not only was it affordable, it was an amazing cruise. We don't have kids and we are still huge Disney fans. We just got back from 4 nights at the Grand Californian (thank you DVC points). Looking forward to browsing this forum a bit. Cruise Critic is a great place for all things cruises. I have met a number of people on cruises and still are friends because of CruiseCritic.

Stefani

Of all the cruises we have done, i love Disney the best. My next favourite is Celebrity. We did the Disney Pacific Coastal last year and not only was it affordable, it was an amazing cruise. We don't have kids and we are still huge Disney fans. We just got back from 4 nights at the Grand Californian (thank you DVC points). Looking forward to browsing this forum a bit. Cruise Critic is a great place for all things cruises. I have met a number of people on cruises and still are friends because of CruiseCritic.

Stefani

Sounds great!

I think it's wonderful that you cruise DCL and don't have kids.

I imagine we'll do another cruise line at some point...gotta see how we love our first family cruise in January!

As we are getting closer to our cruise :cool1::beach:, we will need to have a cut-off date to join the FE.

If you want to join the FE, please let me know asap.

We will be closing it off on/about mid-November (Nov 15, 17th?)

After that time, anyone who wishes to join a FE may start a 2nd group or can join the 1st group but understand that everyone may not be able to do a gift exchange ... esp if it involves a craft project that was made closer to the cut-off date.

Thanks!

Anyone planning to do a Nassau excursion? If so, which one? Any to avoid?

I am considering:

Discover Atlantis
Boat Tour (Harbor Cruise or Explorer Sub)
Ardastra Gardens/City tour
Blue Lagoon beach day
or maybe one of the dolphin encounters that allows 3yo

Since my girls have never been to another country, I want to go to Nassau (we do have passports for them)

TIA!

I am considering:

Discover Atlantis
Blue Lagoon beach day

Since my girls have never been to another country, I want to go to Nassau (we do have passports for them)

TIA!

unfortunately, unless our financial situation changes, we will be doing things as cheaply as possible. We do want to take a taxi to Atlantis and probably do a small tour and then sit on the beach for awhile.

I am considering:

Discover Atlantis
Blue Lagoon beach day

TIA!

I still have not decided about this cruise, but I am taking my 8yo in Nov and we are doing the sea lion encounter then the Atlantis water slides. She has been out of the country, but this is her first cruise (mine too) and i think it will be such a different and unique experience. Good luck with your decision.:thumbsup2

I was planning to take my almost-9 year old on one of the dolphin excursions for her birthday. She loves dolphins, so she is going to be on Cloud 9. :-) That excursion seemed to get pretty good reviews, but many of the other Nassau outings did not.

How much are you guys planning to dress up for pirate night? I keep swinging between buying up a bunch of Halloween clearance and going all-out and just sticking to pirate-y t-shirts and bandanas in order to save on luggage space.

Julie

Mama Odie said:
I was planning to take my almost-9 year old on one of the dolphin excursions for her birthday. She loves dolphins, so she is going to be on Cloud 9. :-) That excursion seemed to get pretty good reviews, but many of the other Nassau outings did not.

I would love to do this when my DD is old enough. My DH and I did this one, or something similar about 15 years ago when we were in the Bahamas. We loved it!

Mama Odie said:
How much are you guys planning to dress up for pirate night? I keep swinging between buying up a bunch of Halloween clearance and going all-out and just sticking to pirate-y t-shirts and bandanas in order to save on luggage space.

Julie

Since it is our first DCL cruise, and we love to dress up, we are going all out. DH and I are pirates, DD7 may be a mermaid and DD3 will be a princess (girls don't want to be pirates but still want to dress up.). I'll have boots, leggings, skirt, vest, shirt, bandana, makeup, etc. at least that is the plan. We are hoping to do one suitcase for costumes, one for rest of clothes and one for toiletries/shoes/FE. We'll see. Ask me how well that is going in 90 days! Hahaha!

Yes, getting pirate stuff for clearance will be great! I did just a little last year, too, in prep.

103 days. Woohoo. We are almost to double digits

We just got back from our first cruise. We booked the Blue Lagoon Sea Lion experience and it was amazing.. I am not sure if they have a minimum age. We walked along the beach, etc and it was very nice. Good place to go to enjoy a beach day in Nassau....

I am considering:

Discover Atlantis
Blue Lagoon beach day

TIA!

Hi Everyone--

Looks like we will be joining you on this cruise. We just got back from a 4 nighter with you DW and myself for our 15th anniversary. We originally had a WDW trip planned during these dates as a surprise birthday trip but after getting off the Dream, we decided to take a quick cruise with the kids. It works out that they are off of school Thursday Friday and Monday so we wont have to pull them out.. There will be 5 of us, DW, DD (14), DD (11- on sailing date) and DD (4)....

If anyone has any questions about the Dream since we just got off, let me know.

Thanks!

Tom

Just curious. Since we will be on the dream a few wks after Christmas. Will it still be decorated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter