Jan 22, 2005 Eastern

PiperG

Can't wait to enjoy our one day of summer here in
I am wondering if there is a thread already started for this cruise?

Thanks!

Originally posted by PiperG
I am wondering if there is a thread already started for this cruise?

Thanks!

Did you check the Cruise Meets Board? I just checked through the list for you and didn't see any thread started for this cruise. Looks like you just started one!!!

Thanks! I forgot all about that board. Hopefully many other Disboarders will be joining us!

As the days and weeks pass, I'm sure your list will grow!!! I enjoyed reading your TR from your recent Wonder Cruise!!!

Just got back from the Jan. 17, 2004 Western cruise. Already booked for Jan. 22, 2005. Looking forward to another wonderful trip. :earsboy:

Hello Mickey Minder!

Its so great to find someone who is joining our Magical cruise next year. DH, DS6 and I did an Eastern in January '03 and were thrilled to get a great rate for another 7-day (we booked while on the Wonder last weekend).

We contemplated doing the Western, but really loved the extra day at sea. IMHO, the ships are laid out so well and the activities so diverse, you never feel crowded.

Hopefully we will have a lot of dissers on this cruse, and we can all spot each other with green ribbons. On our first Eastern, we had a dis meet in the Promenaude lounge.

Counting down!!!

Ready to go with DH, DD11 and leave the cold behind. In the meantime, I'm still waiting for Raymond, the cabin attendant, to show up. He hasn't made my bed since I left the ship.::MickeyMo We'll be looking for you on the Magic. I didn't do this board before my last trip, but I think it would have made it (if possible) more fun.

Originally posted by mickey minder
I'm still waiting for Raymond, the cabin attendant, to show up. He hasn't made my bed since I left the ship

ROTFLOL.

I am sure it won't be long before others join our thread, especially as we get close!

This trip is a secret from DS. We are planning to fly in on Friday night. I can't wait to pick him up from school that day and head down to the airport. He will be in shock :earseek: when he finds out we are cruising. We had a great time at the parks, but cruising is definitely our favorite Disney vacation venue.

We are going to fly down the day before the cruise also. Stayed at AKL last trip. Not sure where we are going to stay or how we are going to transfer to the ship. All details to be worked out later. We have the reservation for the room we wanted so that's all that matters at this point.

My wife and I went on the 1/24 eastern, and we went ahead and re-booked for the 1/22 eastern next year. We both really enjoyed the extra day at sea, we live within driving distance of Key West, and spent a week in Grand Cayman a few years ago, so we decided we wanted to do the Eastern again.

If the finances allow, we may try to do another cruise between now and then. We are really hooked!

Welcome. I was on the 01-17 cruise when they shot the episode of According to Jim that was aired tonight. It was so much fun seeing the ship again, the same staff welcoming everyone on board and the shots of the sailing away party. It was a wonderful time. We were on the wait list for a suite. I guess I got to see where my upgrade went. Part 2 of the episode will air next week. At the end of the cruise Jim Bulushi gave a wonderful going away concert, more of a jam session really. they filmed some of it, but didn't have the lights and mics set up, so I don't know how much they will be able to use. Brad Paisley played the guitar. I don't listen to country music much, but that was a great treat for many on board. See you guys in January. ::MickeyMo

We are big fans of that show, and were absolutely thrilled when we found out the cast would be on the ship. We recorded it on Tivo and watched the scenes with the ship severa times. It will be fun to see next week's episode at Castaway Cay. I might just ask DH to make some Konk Koolers that night

:sunny: :smooth:

Hello everyone on the 1/22/05 Magic cruise!

I am having a stressful day here at work, and decided to take a peak at my countown clock. Knowing our Magical vacation is out there gives me renewed energy!

Have a great day!::yes::

We also were on the Jan 17 2004 cruise and rebooked for the Jan 22,2005. We are so excited to have another cruise to look forward to. It will again be myself, DH, DS 14, DD13, DS10, DD8,and my Mom, Best Friend and her Mom. We had such a great time and I agree that having them film on our last cruise was fun. Especially the sail away party from Cozumel. We could not believe how much fun it was with Jim and Brad on stage. Our DD13 was onstage dancing with a group of girls that night and she was thrilled. Our kids met some very nice friends and our daughter has stayed in contact with her new friends on line. She is dissappointed that they will not be on the next cruise. I tell her she will meet new friends again. Can't Wait!!

Patti

Mickey fan, Great minds think alike. Loved the Cozumel party, it's a shame they didn't show any of that on the show. My DD-11, ran into Jim in the kid's lab, he was up there playing video games. He gave out autographs in crayon. Hey, you use what you have. We'll make sure the kids (and the adults) get to meet when we are all finally ready to sail. Welcome to the ::MickeyMo club.

Well, we are all set to go! I know, I know, its so far away. Gives me plenty of time to lose some weight. Fingers crossed!

Anyway, this will be our 3rd Disney Cruise. We did the 2001 Halloween Cruise and met a great group of DISers. One family in particular we still talk to and last year went on vacation with. One of our fondest memories. We then did the Western the following August 2002, and are revving up for 2005.

Our family is:

Margaret (me) 40
Steven (dh) 40
Emily (dd) 8 (will be 9 when we sail)
Robert (ds) 6 (will be 6 1/2)

We are flying down on Friday and possibly staying at the Radisson (we did the last 2 times). I am bummed that AVIS is no longer there. I am also thinking of staying at Disney that Friday and going to the park the day we arrive.

We just returned from a Disney trip last month and am missing it already.

Hi everyone,

Well, according to my countdown clock we are officially out of the 300's and into the 200's. YEAH! DH and I will be celebrating this milestone by watching the DCL Travel Channel show that we taped Friday night.

We have already booked flights and Happy Limo. We still need to decide which Hotel we will stay in the night we fly in, and order a special something for DS 7 from Shirley.

Hopefully the days will zip on past and we will soon be on the Magic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter