Jan 2009 Code Watch

bump :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: but usually we have ressies by now :rolleyes1
I'm patient :rolleyes: but my husband is nervous :scared:
from past experience, we love that our package is upgraded to include the park hopper & water parks :cheer2:
with the CODE:surfweb:

bump :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: but usually we have ressies by now :rolleyes1
I'm patient :rolleyes: but my husband is nervous :scared:
from past experience, we love that our package is upgraded to include the park hopper & water parks :cheer2:
with the CODE:surfweb:

Is this a pretty common code for January?

Does anyone know of other common codes for January? Just curious as to what to be expecting here! I'm such a Disney newbie, I'm clueless!:confused3

Newbie here! We are planning a Jan 09 trip with our two kids! OUr first as a family! Can't wait!

I never knew we would get discounts in January! Yippee!:cloud9:

Is this a pretty common code for January?

Does anyone know of other common codes for January? Just curious as to what to be expecting here! I'm such a Disney newbie, I'm clueless!:confused3

Last year and the year before seemed to be this, so seems the common thing for January. I know some lucky people got pin codes for 30-40% off. I called several times, but no pins attached to my name at all :(

Last year and the year before seemed to be this, so seems the common thing for January. I know some lucky people got pin codes for 30-40% off. I called several times, but no pins attached to my name at all :(

What is the number to call and who can call? I ordered the DVD a few weeks ago, so I'm definitely in the system. The only other thing I've done so far is book my ADRs as I'm waiting for the prices to come out. Is it possible that I've got a pin? Or does that come after you've made a reservation?:confused3

OK, I have a question about the ticket upgrade to Park Hopper. Let's assume that this will be the upgrade for January 2009, just for this question.

If I've already bought my tickets, not as part of a package, am I still eligible to get the upgrade? I was thinking of getting tickets from Underground Tourist, but don't want to miss out on the code!

Thanks all! :worship:

I guess you might as well add me too!;) We've been going in Jan. for the last 3 years. Don't know why this year would be any different.

P.S. I must be crazy. I just got back less than a week ago! :rotfl:

Hi Tinkerbelle32 -- you said that you have gone in Jan. for the past 3 years. How has the weather/crowds been during those times. Too cool for swimming in the pools?? Does it matter if you go in middle or end of January? Thanks!!!;)

Hi Tinkerbelle32 -- you said that you have gone in Jan. for the past 3 years. How has the weather/crowds been during those times. Too cool for swimming in the pools?? Does it matter if you go in middle or end of January? Thanks!!!;)

I know ya did not ask me- BUT
The crowds are great! We rarely had a wait in any lines, for longer than 10 minutes. Weather- THAT can be tricky!!! It was cold most of our trip with some hot days thrown in for good measure. We actually wore our winter coats at night, and I am in New England so I know cold! :):rotfl:

I know ya did not ask me- BUT
The crowds are great! We rarely had a wait in any lines, for longer than 10 minutes. Weather- THAT can be tricky!!! It was cold most of our trip with some hot days thrown in for good measure. We actually wore our winter coats at night, and I am in New England so I know cold! :):rotfl:

Winter coats? :scared1: That was one thing I thought we could leave at home!

We've gone the last week on Jan. into Feb. the last two years, and it's hard to predict.

Last year we were in the pool every day with temps in the low 80s. The year before we had to buy hats and gloves and wear our jackets to the show at the Poly.

So it's a little bit of a crap shoot, but it's still a great time to go: low crowds and lower prices.

Lulu0506- The weather is varied like others have said. We love the lighter crowds. But, I really think it is a hit or miss crowd or weather wise. This Jan. was the coldest it has ever been. We didn't even stay to see the fireworks, it was sooo cold. Other years, we haven't even worn a jacket in the evenings. Usually wear tank tops during the day. We've never swam in Jan., just too cold for us. This last Jan. was the most crowded as well. Still much better crowd levels than June. But, the Christmas decorations, lights, etc. are not to be missed. Give Jan. a shot, you may like it. We do. Hope this helps. Jenn:goodvibes

Thank you everyone for your help! We are:goodvibes very flexible as to when to go to Dis next year and so I want to try to go at the best time (low crowds, low price) The help I get on this board is invaluable! Thanks again!!

I'm getting excited- we booked our room only ressie and all ADRs! I was able to get everything I wanted and now I need package prices and a code. This is a surprise (Christmas gift for our kids) so I need to celebrate here, so nobody will find out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter