Jan 2009 Code Watch

OK, I have a question about the ticket upgrade to Park Hopper. Let's assume that this will be the upgrade for January 2009, just for this question.

If I've already bought my tickets, not as part of a package, am I still eligible to get the upgrade? I was thinking of getting tickets from Underground Tourist, but don't want to miss out on the code!

Thanks all! :worship:

The upgrade to park hoppers and more that we got in Jan. 2006 was included only with the Magic Your Way packages. So if you book room only and buy tickets separately, you will not be eiligible for the code. If anything has changed, someone here will know, but that is how it has been in the past when we used a code.

The upgrade to park hoppers and more that we got in Jan. 2006 was included only with the Magic Your Way packages. So if you book room only and buy tickets separately, you will not be eiligible for the code. If anything has changed, someone here will know, but that is how it has been in the past when we used a code.
You are correct, that's how it works, as part of the MYW package.
When I called to make my room only this year, we asked for a standard room because my sister is joining us, and needs to save every little bit she can.
I was told ( this was over a month ago ) that the standard rooms at all the value resorts were booked for the time I am going ( Jan 15-24 ) with the exception of a few left at POP. Lucky for us, we wanted the POP. The CM said that this year, with all the economic turmoil - more people are 1) choosing a value resort 2) getting the standard rooms because of the lower price.

SO......... maybe the upgrades this year will be more discounts on the package instead of an upgrade to the Water and Quest.

I am wonding what are these changes they are making to the dining plan this year ??

Hi! Count us in! I bought our airline tickets already and rented DVC points for BCV. I am just waiting for the package rates to be announced so I can book POP (hopefully) for 4 nites prior to the Beach Club.

Can you book room only now and convert it when the packages come out?
I don't want to run into a sold out situation.

Hi! Count us in! I bought our airline tickets already and rented DVC points for BCV. I am just waiting for the package rates to be announced so I can book POP (hopefully) for 4 nites prior to the Beach Club.

Can you book room only now and convert it when the packages come out?
I don't want to run into a sold out situation.

Yes you can book now and convert it to a package later. I would do it now as I have heard that some hotels are already getting booked! :eek:

Jan 2009, patiently waiting for rates and code.
Room booked. Flight Booked, ADR booked.

We're going!!!!:cool1:

I am in too! January 21st-27th for our first family trip 2DD's birthday celabration staying at contemporary, everthing booked all adr's and room hope to be able to put the rest to bed soon, very frustrating would be nice to get alittle money saving codes. Soooo excited and can't wait.:cheer2: :happytv: princess: princess:

Yes you can book now and convert it to a package later. I would do it now as I have heard that some hotels are already getting booked! :eek:

IT doesn't work like that. If you change from room only to package you have to cancel your room only and rebook with a package.

IT doesn't work like that. If you change from room only to package you have to cancel your room only and rebook with a package.

I have done this for the last two years and have been able to just transfer the room only to a package with no problems.

I was advised the same regarding our room only ressie, once the pakcage prices are released they will convert it for us. This was from Disney Directly!

I was advised the same regarding our room only ressie, once the pakcage prices are released they will convert it for us. This was from Disney Directly!

Your information is incorrect--Disney will not convert a room-only into a package. You need to call and rebook a package, and then get your monies refunded. Then you do the deposit for the package.

Package reservations go through the Walt Disney Travel Company (WDTC) and room-only reservations go through Central Reservations Office. The two are not together and monies applied to one cannot be transferred to another.

Trust me on this. :) You need to call them.

I have done room only resses for many years, then book the package when the codes come out. My conf # even has stayed the same.

This is one of the things I don't like about Disney, you can sometimes call in and CM's will give you different answers. Anyhow.... I am going to stick with the way I've done it in the past, and reserve my room, and incl packages later. I have even heard of people not using the October codes, and waiting until right before they go to add the package. Actually, I once had a CM tell me I could book my package part of the trip at check-in.

I have done room only resses for many years, then book the package when the codes come out. My conf # even has stayed the same.

This is one of the things I don't like about Disney, you can sometimes call in and CM's will give you different answers. Anyhow.... I am going to stick with the way I've done it in the past, and reserve my room, and incl packages later. I have even heard of people not using the October codes, and waiting until right before they go to add the package. Actually, I once had a CM tell me I could book my package part of the trip at check-in.

You can book what is called a Basic Package when packages come out. To the Basic Package you can add tickets and dining. Confirmation number for packages is 8 digits; confirmation number for room-only reservations are 12 digits.

So if you're booked with a basic package with the 45 day in advance payment requirements, you CAN add tickets and dining later. But you cannot do this with a room-only. ROs can have tickets added--but that does not make it a package.

When you book a package, even a basic package, you have a deposit of $200 with the balance due 45 days prior to check in. Cancellation policy is 45 days. Penalties apply for cancellations and changes 44-0 days prior to check in.

ROs have a one night deposit with the balance due upon check in. Tickets, if added, need to be paid at time of booking. This will load the tix onto your KTTW card. The room only reservation can be cancelled 6 days prior to check in for full refund; tickets are non-refundable after purchase.

So take a look at your confirmation numbers to determine what you have. If its 8 digits its a package; if its 12 digits then its a RO. Right now (July 27) there are no packages available for 2009.

Not posted to argue with anyone--just to clarify the two systems (CRO and WDTC).

This is strange. I just booked our RO Polynesian trip in Jan 09, and the 4+ different people I called about other resorts before that all told me that packages are not out, but I could book the RO, and then when packages come out, I can apply the deposit to my package price. I have been calling every couple days for two weeks.:confused3

Why would all the Disney Travel people be telling us all the wrong things? I do understand that the reservation numbers are different lengths, I had a package in Dec booked, but canceled it for Jan at the Polynesian.

This stuff makes my head spin!:headache:

This is strange. I just booked our RO Polynesian trip in Jan 09, and the 4+ different people I called about other resorts before that all told me that packages are not out, but I could book the RO, and then when packages come out, I can apply the deposit to my package price. I have been calling every couple days for two weeks.:confused3

Why would all the Disney Travel people be telling us all the wrong things? I do understand that the reservation numbers are different lengths, I had a package in Dec booked, but canceled it for Jan at the Polynesian.

This stuff makes my head spin!:headache:[/QUOTE/]

Trust me that the ROs and Vacation Packages are not interchangeable and combineable, and monies will not move when you rebook. However if you are dealing with someone at Disney who is cancelling and refunding, and recharging, then it can be a matter of interpretation of how they are explaining it to you. Bottom line is you will have two separate confirmation numbers (12 digits for the RO and 8 digits for the package) and you're going to see two separate transactions on your credit card statement (CRO for the refunded RO and a charge by WDTC for the package.)

In its simple form, what you will end up doing is cancelling the RO, getting a refund, and turning around and charging the deposit for the package. Unless you are looking at your credit card statement closely you may not even notice this.

There are thousands of Disney CMs in various call centers scattered throughout the country. They all are trained that CRO and WDTC are different. They are also incentified to get you to book the RO right now. When you cancel your RO you are sending that room back to inventory and awaiting an update of the system. This is why some rooms are available as a RO but not as a package. Always rebook your package before you cancel the RO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter