I've Been Vaccinated (No Politics Please)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You made the right decision! I hate to be pessimistic. You could have caught COVID while waiting and delaying your vaccine for even a few weeks. You could have been on ventilator if you did not go for the first available shot. So there should not be any regret. 2 weeks is a long time. There should be no doubt.

It is like saying, let us wait for a better armor in a battle field... the flaw with logic is that it may be too late when a "better" armor arrives. Also, there is always going to be a better vaccine in the future, next year, next 5 years, next 10 years... when should the wait stop? Who knows? We might even need to have annual COVID booster vaccines in the future just like annual flu shots.

Oh, I absolutely agree.

So I am hoping they decide that the hybrid scheme of AZ first, Pfizer second turns out to be a good thing :-)

I am still a ways away from Pfizer eligibility, so feel good about AZ,

Same here. While my age group is supposed to open tomorrow (50+) in my rural area, my local health unit has urged us to be patient as they have very few shots available for us. 50% of our allocation has been rerouted to the hot spots. And what's left has been earmarked for the health care workers who still haven't received their second shot, high health risk people who pre-registered with the health unit as well as teachers for the local school board. My childhood best friend is a teacher and she received her first shot of Pfizer or Moderna just last week. Her Mom told me that their union strongly discouraged their members from taking AZ and that only Moderna or Pfizer was to be accepted. That would have been stressful for my friend when the few pop up AZ clinics happened at the local pharmacies and she was told to wait.

I made the right choice with taking AZ 2 weeks ago. Would still be waiting and prob waiting for at least another 2 to 3 weeks. 4+ weeks is a very long time to hold out for Pfizer. It would also have put my 2nd shot late into the summer. Not good. Travel is completely out for me this year anyway. But my priority is staying safe. Getting a timely vaccination is key.

Has anyone else experienced a bump at the injection site for what seems like a long time? I got my AZ shot 2 weeks ago today and still have a lump. I'm just wondering if I'm alone in this.

Small bump here but mostly just covid arm at 2 weeks. Big purple-red bruise. Think both are common side effects with AZ.

Is it hard getting appointments? Here in Quebec it is honestly easy, and tons of available spots. We opened up as of 40 today. We all have our first dose, but as I am finishing up my last week at the vaccination clinic I can see it picking up as the ages are lowering. I go online just to nosey lol
Very difficult to get depending on where you live in Ontario. Like winning the lottery. As some PPs mentioned, our skills in getting up early and slamming the WDW booking sites has given us a big advantage over others who are new to online booking.

but there is also hesitancy (and worse)
There is certainly a Gucci mentality under the surface with many refusing AZ as the poor man's choice and declaring they will wait and only take the cadillac Moderna or Pfizer. That they somehow 'deserve' the best that others in society are getting. Recent repeated declarations from some Cdn health officials have inflamed this. The price per vaccine should not be in the mix whatsoever. And all are novel vaccines in their own way. This past week, research has emerged from both Israel and the US that some young men who had the mRNA vaccines developed severe inflamation of the heart lining. Early reports are that most engaged in strenuous activity - like military service and marathon running - within days of having their shot and this may have contributed to the problem. I don't have the link handy but the articles should be available online. All of the vaccines carry hidden risks. All we can do is make the most informed decision at the time knowing our own health history.

There is certainly a Gucci mentality under the surface with many refusing AZ as the poor man's choice and declaring they will wait and only take the cadillac Moderna or Pfizer. That they somehow 'deserve' the best that others in society are getting. Recent repeated declarations from some Cdn health officials have inflamed this. The price per vaccine should not be in the mix whatsoever. And all are novel vaccines in their own way. This past week, research has emerged from both Israel and the US that some young men who had the mRNA vaccines developed severe inflamation of the heart lining. Early reports are that most engaged in strenuous activity - like military service and marathon running - within days of having their shot and this may have contributed to the problem. I don't have the link handy but the articles should be available online. All of the vaccines carry hidden risks. All we can do is make the most informed decision at the time knowing our own health history.

strongly agree with your last sentence!

Very difficult to get depending on where you live in Ontario. Like winning the lottery. As some PPs mentioned, our skills in getting up early and slamming the WDW booking sites has given us a big advantage over others who are new to online booking.

I was wondering when reading about it. Sorry to read about that,

Last edited:
Has anyone else experienced a bump at the injection site for what seems like a long time? I got my AZ shot 2 weeks ago today and still have a lump. I'm just wondering if I'm alone in this.

You are not alone, I have one as well but chalked it up to the rest of the horrible side effects I’ve had. I had my shot on April 22nd and was AZ as well.

hard doesn't come anywhere close to what we're dealing with in ontario! There are far too many websites to use even though we have a provincial booking site that's not what most people are actually using. If you're in my health unit and you're over 16 you can pre-register but that really means nothing. OR if you're over 40 you can get the AZ at several pharmacies BUT you need to sign up on each website to get a chance to book an appointment OR if you're lucky you can walk in at the right time and get jabbed. Some areas that have been designated as hot spots have pop-up clinics and they all have different ways for getting appointments as well Some are using the provincial website others have a separate one yet again.

we're hearing about people driving hours to other health units to get shots, there are Facebook groups that help people locate pharmacies with available appointment times, some of us had no problem (I only managed because I read here that the age had dropped to 55, we got in 3 weeks ago) but others are still frantically searching, websites are getting bogged down, call centres are over run, there's conflicting information. This is a humourous but very accurate description!

the Amazing Vaccine Race Canada

Wow. I was wondering seeing vaccine chasers and the like. Sorry to hear about all that. It makes me ponder if it’s organized here or people aren’t that interested. You know ?

I've found that the Ontario and York Region sites are generally well organized. York Region's site is actually very easy to book (provided that you've pre-registered on the site) and if I had a preference I would've booked my vaccine shots through them, but the pharmacies opened up first.

Ontario's site for FINDING the pharmacies is also good. The problem is that you have to sign up with each pharmacy for notification and as previously noted, that's quite the bother.

AB vaccine update: anyone 30+ can book starting tomorrow, anyone 12+ can book starting May 10th!

Please disregard
I just realized AB means Alberta not a AB vaccine

Hi Hon
Which Vaccine can 30+ plus book?
And where please?
Thanks
Mel

Last edited:
shoot, sorry Mel! i can change the post

No it's ok Hon
I am just so focused on my niece ,,, she becomes eligible to sign up tomorrow --Peel Region 18 years + ,,it was announced around the time you posted but I couldn't find the info. All is good.
Hugs
Mel

I finally found the News I was looking for: see below
:dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::dogdance::dogdance:
All Peel Region residents 18+ now eligible to book COVID-19 vaccine shots as of Thursday

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/peel-region-residents-18-outside-201159404.html

Last edited:
Ha! @momof2gr8kids that is kinda what these appointment bookings feels like, eh? You wait months for your turn to book, and then it's like hitting refresh every two seconds LOL Or maybe a dining reservation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter