I've Been Vaccinated (No Politics Please)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was scheduled to have the AZ vaccine at a small pharmacy about 1/2 an hour from home but they just sent the email saying their vaccine delivery did not arrive so on a list to reschedule....then my doctor's office contacts me to say they are holding a clinic tonight and are we interested? YES! What a rollercoaster of emotions but so relieved to be getting it tonight.

I think given the announcements from the US yesterday we are likely to come into a lot more Astra Zeneca very soon . Dh and I were saying yesterday we wouldn’t be surprised if that four month window for the second shot gets a lot smaller since there is so much more supply we will now have access to. I am doubting it will take until August to get my second shot .

Below is an interesting story out of Alberta. In brief: the Blackfeet Nation in Montana had extra vaccine doses available, so with the approval of a dozen or so US and Canadian govt agencies they set up a couple of vaccination clinics for Canadians who live in SW Alberta:

Southern Albertans offered COVID-19 vaccines at Montana border

North Dakota is doing the same for Canadian truckers.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/manitoba-north-dakota-vaccine-essential-workers-1.5994519

BC is out of AZ
I think Alberta will be behind you in running out. Alberta has a higher younger population than other provinces. There was already talk on Tuesday of some places running out of the AstraZeneca for the new age restrictions.

I think given the announcements from the US yesterday we are likely to come into a lot more Astra Zeneca very soon . Dh and I were saying yesterday we wouldn’t be surprised if that four month window for the second shot gets a lot smaller since there is so much more supply we will now have access to. I am doubting it will take until August to get my second shot .
Hope you’re right.

So DH and I had our vaccines 20 minutes apart on Wednesday afternoon. He got Pfizer, I got AZ. He got a sore arm, I got the fever/chills/body aches/headache and extreme fatigue starting about 12 hours post-shot. Lasted about a day/day and a half, now I just have the sore arm. Hopefully shot #2 won't affect me so much, lol.

For those who got the AZ shot, are they giving you any information about what to watch for with blood clots? When I got mine, it was before much came out about it and I wasn't given anything in specific to watch for.

I got a credit sized card with which vaccine and date received, I got the Moderna thru BC health at government injection site.

Pumpkin great news, it’s such a relief to get it. I hope I don’t have to wait 4 months for 2nd jab but was told to expect August.

Samsteele that’s a great idea! I’m going to take a pic of my card right away.

Well here in BC we’re in another lockdown with no travel outside our health authority through May long weekend. We are hoovering around 1,000 cases a day 😢. No free pass for those vaccinated.

For those who got the AZ shot, are they giving you any information about what to watch for with blood clots? When I got mine, it was before much came out about it and I wasn't given anything in specific to watch for.
In Central/Eastern Ontario, just a verbal description by the pharmacist explaining if worst headache ever, worst abdominal pain ever or leg muscle pain to call an ambulance. No printed material. He explained he had a headache and felt poorly for 24 hrs after but probably just offered that as reassurance.

So, I went to Rexall by the office yesterday to get my lotto tickets. While I was there, I stopped and spoke with the pharmacist about the vaccine(s). I have rheumatoid arthritis, and apparently it’s one of the conditions for category 2B that started giving shots 3 weeks ago. I haven’t had any significant flare ups for a few years, so I wasn’t going to pursue it.

The pharmacist said I should have gone in for the shot when they first released it to the 2B group, and to come back today at 1130. I went back to the office and cancelled my Sunday appointment downtown.

Long story short, got my first Pfizer shot today and it was easy peasy. No side effects yet, hopefully it stays that way.

So just to follow up, my back was aching all day yesterday (day after my AZ shot). Enough that I noticed it but not enough to prevent me from doing everyday things.

Woke up today and there was some lingering pain but mostly gone. Allergies started flaring up though, so that was fun.

Below is an interesting story out of Alberta. In brief: the Blackfeet Nation in Montana had extra vaccine doses available, so with the approval of a dozen or so US and Canadian govt agencies they set up a couple of vaccination clinics for Canadians who live in SW Alberta:

Southern Albertans offered COVID-19 vaccines at Montana border
:banana:Wow - how did I miss this lovely news? Seriously, I hadn't heard a peep of it although I was aware of the South Dakota/Manitoba arrangement.
Yes, it is a concern. I wonder what this means for second-shots? It sure would be nice to have all these vaccine supply issues resolved. It feels precarious, like we are all out on a collective limb. Regardless of the vaccine type, Canada still has very few people fully vaccinated. And an unwelcome number of incidents of people contracting Covid after their first dose, before the immunity benefits have developed. I went for an entire year not personally knowing a single individual who contracted Covid. Now in the past week a good friend and her husband have been diagnosed within days of receiving their first shots. Yes, just bad luck but it does reinforce the urgency - second shots that have been deferred due to supply are desperately needed.

I got my shot at a WalMart pharmacy and received the same print-out as @Aladora. Interesting news that confirms the incidence of blood-clotting in Canada is right on par with the findings of international studies siting 1/250,000. There have apparently been 4 cases now reported nation-wide out of about 1.1 million shots given. None have been fatal; so far only one person has required hospitalization:
1st known case of rare blood clot linked to AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine confirmed in Ontario | Globalnews.ca

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter