I've Been Vaccinated (No Politics Please)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I managed to get a closer and earlier appointment for DH, so now he's booked for his AZ shot at 2:30pm tomorrow, and only about 10 mins from our office. I'm still trying for mine. I'm on the Shopper's wait list (Rexall only does Pfizer here), so hoping something comes up there.

I am about 2 and a half weeks post second shot. I am 67, so as a senior, I qualified early on. Took me a while to find sites around me to schedule. I had the Medurna and my only real side effects after the second were chills later in the day of my shot, and a bit of a headache. My arm was sore for several days after.
My niece got the J & J shot (the single dose one) and was sick for a few days. Fever, chills, vomiting, everything. WOW

I am about 2 and a half weeks post second shot. I am 67, so as a senior, I qualified early on. Took me a while to find sites around me to schedule. I had the Medurna and my only real side effects after the second were chills later in the day of my shot, and a bit of a headache. My arm was sore for several days after.
My niece got the J & J shot (the single dose one) and was sick for a few days. Fever, chills, vomiting, everything. WOW

I’m guessing you are in the US? This is a poll about those of us in Canada. If you were here in Canada you would just be eligible for your 1st shot now (with second shot in 4 months).

I’m guessing you are in the US? This is a poll about those of us in Canada. If you were here in Canada you would just be eligible for your 1st shot now (with second shot in 4 months).
That is right, I am in New York State. Sorry, should have mentioned that. I sometimes forget these forums are world wide
Now in US people 16 and over are eligible for the vaccine

I got mine yesterday as well and was told to call Shoppers in 4 months to see when I can get my second dose.

Also, holy crud, last night was one of the worst nights sleep I have ever had! Low grade fever, chills, headache (although that is probably from lack of sleep), and a super sore arm.

I'm taking my son to school then will probably go right back to bed.

For me the side effects started late yesterday with a very mild headache, tiredness, and slightly sore upper arm. Took a brief nap late yesterday afternoon and went to bed early. I was woken up at about 4 am with chills and muscle aches and could not fall back asleep. Today has been a worse (but not bad) headache, worse aches, and a climbing fever [38.3 so far] with occasional chills thrown in for fun !

Glad my immune system seems to be doing its job.

Hope your day went ok today !

Pharmacy assistant at Shoppers also stressed that I need to take care of my vaccination certificate and take multiple pics of it as they will not replace it or give me another copy if misplaced.

In addition to the normal ways you will make copies, I recommend the CanImmunize app [ https://www.canimmunize.ca/en/home and see the "About Us" at https://www.canimmunize.ca/en/about ]. Great way to keep digital track of all your immunizations, and I discovered yesterday they now let you upload documents, so eg I took a photo of the vaccine certificate I received and uploaded that, so it will always be there in addition to the other places I am keeping a copy. The app doesn't replace paper records yet, but I find it really helpful for me from a practical standpoint - much easier pulling up on the app when I last got my tetanus shot than going and getting the paperwork. YMMV.

SW

So I have to tell a funny story about my shot day. I keep seeing all the pre stuff about wearing a shirt that can be pushed up and we saw a guy who wore a dress shirt and had to strip it off as they couldn't get the sleeve high enough. It was funny seeing his bare chest. What hadn't he read anything before he went? So my PSA is for everybody to wear the appropriate clothes for your shot.

So I have to tell a funny story about my shot day. I keep seeing all the pre stuff about wearing a shirt that can be pushed up and we saw a guy who wore a dress shirt and had to strip it off as they couldn't get the sleeve high enough. It was funny seeing his bare chest. What hadn't he read anything before he went? So my PSA is for everybody to wear the appropriate clothes for your shot.
People are still going places where they have to wear dress shirts? 😲

For me the side effects started late yesterday with a very mild headache, tiredness, and slightly sore upper arm. Took a brief nap late yesterday afternoon and went to bed early. I was woken up at about 4 am with chills and muscle aches and could not fall back asleep. Today has been a worse (but not bad) headache, worse aches, and a climbing fever [38.3 so far] with occasional chills thrown in for fun !

Glad my immune system seems to be doing its job.

Hope your day went ok today !

Good news ! Fever broke overnight and the headache and achiness are gone today !

People are still going places where they have to wear dress shirts? 😲
Haha .. my husband is in meetings all day some days and has to be dressed like he would for work. One day I came in and he was in shirt, tie, jacket .. and plaid pyjama bottoms. :rolleyes2

Astra Zeneca update ..
I was cold and tired last night and went to bed at 8:30. Slept well . I have a monster headache this morning. Going to take some meds and muddle through the day . I don’t feel too sick overall , just a bad headache.

My AZ update. No headache, no fever, but all of the muscles in my upper body are sore. Kind of like after you've done a workout or sports after not having done any for a long time.

The worst is the injection site itsef. Feels sore like it's been worked over by a baseball bat. Can lie on that side and it hurts just to lift my arm.

Popped a couple of tylenols and will see how it goes.

AZ update. No symptoms for first 12 hrs after injection. Then sore arm and poor sleep last night. Sore arm and general 'blah' feeling like a hangover this morning. But nothing terrible. Worse than the flu shot. Not as bad as the 2nd Shingrix shingles shot. If PPs accounts hold true for me, should be past this in 24 hrs. :)

Wait, people are getting their second dose booked when they get their first? We were told we'd get an email to sign up for one when we are eligible.
DH (aged 67) got Moderna at the small pharmacy connected to his doctor’s office and they put him on a will-call list for his second dose with the timing being dependent on supply. I got AZ at Wal-Mart with an eligibility date on my certificate after which I will have to fend for myself to book my second dose.

So no sooner was I able to move our appts (for both DH and I) from May 8th to May 1st than about a minute later we both got a text from our waitlist at the Save On Foods 2 blocks from our house! So now I've got an appt for this coming Monday morning!! We are still keeping the Saturday appt for dh as Save On only had morning and early afternoon appts and he can't get a day off with that short notice. But that's ok, it's only a few days after mine. WOOHOO!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter