It's so hot out that...

Very hot here too. When we do go out in our backyard - only one of us brings the phone out and it is usually in the shade under a towel. I would not leave it out there for hours.

Love the summer but can't take the heat too much unless I am in the pool or somewhere where there is a breeze and in the shade - umbrella, canopy - anything.

I actually did see a fried egg on the asphalt of the parking lot at work the other day. Granted, other nearby evidence indicated it came from a Wendy's breakfast sandwich. But the yellow of that cooked yolk did seem to expand into the white as the day went on.

I haven’t gone outside for three days. I plan to stay in tomorrow, but I will have to put the trash out on Tuesday, if nothing else. I will probably go to the grocery store on Wednesday, but I go first thing in the morning, right when they open, so that’s all I can do to avoid the heat. 🥵

It finally rained today for the first time in weeks. Afterwards, I went outside and it felt surprisingly comfortable. Checked the heat index and it was only 93! Absolutely refreshing compared to the 108-110 it's been running.

We went to Hershey Park the day after Memorial Day this year and it was so hot we lasted 2 hours. The grandkids were miserable. It was in the 90's and humid and too hot to walk those hills and wait in lines We thought it would be empty but it was packed. We pulled into the parking lot and there were literally a hundred buses of kids piling out of them.

We went back to the hotel and enjoyed the hotel pool all afternoon.

MJ

It is so hot here today that DH and DS both came in from the pool (at different times) telling me their phones had shut down due to excessive temperature!

Everybody add your own true "you could fry and egg on the sidewalk" stories...
Must be iPhones. My former employer switched from Android phones to iPhones and that is when we started having overheating issues.

It’s actually been cold, wet and miserable where I live. However last weekend- Sunday - it was so hot and humid they had to stop the marathon one hour into it. It wasn’t safe. We’re not having consistent weather.. We had to turn a heater on today because we were so cold.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter