It's our Date-A-Versary with Deluxe Dining, DVC and MNSSHP!! 11/13 UPDATE!

Great pics!! i love splash mountain but last time we went it was closed for refurb. and apparently it will be again this year....that is such a bummer:sad1: I sooo wanted my kids to do this ride. But just another reason to keep going back i guess.
i hope you decided to do something that you wouldn't normally have done with your extra time!

What a major bummer about splash being under refurb for ya again :sad1:

Let's just say half of what we did surprised me :rolleyes1

The last we left off Candi and I were standing around trying to come up with a game plan

DSC_0203.jpg

We had gotten up really early so we were kind of tired, we ate a HUGE breakfast so we weren't hungry and we had ridden 5 awesome rides in less than 2 hours!! We knew that we had lunch reservations at 2:00 but Candi honestly didn't know if he could hold out that long. Not from being hungry, but because of how tired he was. Although we always try to get in a lot of rest the day before the trip it NEVER happens :sad2: After discussing it a while we decided that we would try to hang around MK until our reservation and then I promised after lunch we could hang out in the room until he got bored or until it was time for dinner.

With that plan in mind we decided to head over to the Jungle Cruise and that's where we encountered our first line. I guess the rest of the world had finally woken up ;) So I decided to snap pictures to wait out the line

DSC_0204.jpg

I have a really strange addiction to taking pictures of flowers that are not common where I live - and that's basically anything not considered a cactus :rotfl2:

I think we may have spent 10 minutes in line - still nothing to cry about!

DSC_0205.jpg

Here's our boat pulling up - the blonde girl was our cruise captain

DSC_0206.jpg

This scene cracks me up!

DSC_0210.jpg

And this one never fails to make Candi laugh

All too soon our cruise came to an end - we had a good time - our captain was really funny and never missed a beat!

After that we decided to wander off to a different part of MK but not before stopping for a quick drink. It was starting to get really humid - I'm not joking when I say the humidity just kind of hit ya like a slap in the face!!

While Candi stopped at the snack cart I saw a lonely Photopass photographer and so I drug Candi over

Image033.jpg

As you can tell Candi was not too thrilled with more pictures of himself being taken :laughing: Plus he was mad because he tried to drink and walk at the same time and spilled Sprite all over himself :rotfl: <-- yes, I was mean enough to laugh at him about it :rolleyes1

Image037.jpg

I love the angle of the castle in this picture - but I wish we would have looked up the pictures on our laptop and known to come back and re-do this shot. I'm sad that you can barely see Candi's face because it's so shadowed - oh well, you get some bad with the good right?

After I was satisfied with the amount of pictures taken - don't worry there wasn't anybody else waiting - we headed over to Candi's favorite land

DSC_0218.jpg

DSC_0217.jpg

Our first mission was to capture Stitch

DSC_0220.jpg

I know a lot of people really dislike this ride but we love it!! I was able to ride it when it was the Alien ride and I think this is much more MK appropriate. Even though lots of people think they should bring it back I think if they did it should go into Hollywood Studios instead. Just my opinion ;)

Anywhooooo - Stitch managed to escape and didn't even burp on us which made us super sad!! Well, actually he burped but the smell machine didn't work and yes we are so warped in the head that we were let down about it :lmao:

Once we left the Stitch ride Candi did the unthinkable .... the unpredicatable ... the unimaginable ......

HE POINTED OUT A LONELY PHOTOPASS PHOTOGRAPHER!!!!!!!!!!!! :scared1:

He said he felt so bad about being a grump on the last one that he promised himself to point out the next one he saw to me before I saw him/her :littleangel:

Image038.jpg

I absolutely adore this picture - it is one of my favorite character pictures - and he even got Candi to pose so Buzz is a hero in my books!!!

After meeting the main man himself it was only right that we go take a spin on his ride! Last year I focused a TON on accuracy and Candi kicked my butt - this year I was determined to shoot until my poor thumbs couldn't hit the trigger anymore.

So how did I do you ask?

DSC_0221.jpg

I'm on the left!! Candi swears his laser was broken but I think he just doesn't want to admit to being beaten by his wife :laughing:

DSC_0223.jpg

Come on - look at that determination on my face - there was no way I was going to lose!!!!!!

After we left Buzz, Candi said he just really couldn't handle the heat anymore and asked if we could check-in early for our reservation ....

Great TR:banana:

The one and only time I beat my DH at Buzz he claimed his was broken too! (yeah right)...LOL must be a guy thing.:sad2:

Can't wait to read more!!!

Hey everyone, sorry for the delay (again) - the holidays have kept us super busy!!

Anyway ...... let's get this thing rolling - once again :rolleyes1

After kicking Candi's butt on Space Ranger Spin we decided to see if we could check in early for our Plaza reservation.

DSC_0224.jpg

It is a very simple restaurant, but we loved it last year and were really excited to eat here again. It's that comfort food that makes ya smile - know what I mean?

Now, as I said we were early for our reservation - about an hour I'd say - but we figured it was worth a shot to see if we could be seated early. I went up to the hostess and explained to her about being early but wishing to see if there was an spot available for lunch. She stated that we could get a buzzer and wait, but that more than likely it wouldn't be a possibility. As I turned to ask Candi what he would like to do another gentleman turned in his buzzer stating that they would just go somewhere else. A different hostess took the buzzer and was trying to turn it off when our hostess turned and told her "don't worry I never turned it on because he tried to check-in early" :scared1::scared1::scared1:

I'm sure I don't need to tell you that we decided not to stay. I don't expect to be seated before my reservation and probably would have waited but that was just annoying to me, so we left!

I still just wanted something simple so we decided to head back over to the hotel and grab some food at Roaring Forks.

I had the chicken nuggets and fries, a bottle of lipton lemon iced tea and a Mickey rice krispy treat (the one with the ears dipped in chocolate); Candi had a double cheeseburger with fries, a bottle of water and a magic cookie bar. Mmmmm, Mmmmm good. That's all I have to say - it was exactly the type of meal I had been craving and it didn't disappoint!

After enjoying our little meal at Roaring Forks we decided to head back to the hotel and nap until dinner. We were both tired and trying to adjust to the humidity - I knew a nap would do both of us good and I really wanted to be wide awake for our dinner that night!

I have to admit that I slept almost all the way until it was time to get ready for dinner that night. Usually on vacation I am "go, go, go" but I napped for almost 5 hours - and man, oh man, did it feel GREAT! If I learned anything on this trip it was that more fun is had by all if you go with the flow and rest as needed :thumbsup2

I let Candi continue to sleep while I got ready - making sure to leave enough time for transportation to ensure we wouldn't be late.

Tonight we were heading to Narcoossees and I was beyond excited! I was able to get reservations during fireworks and this was the dinner I was most excited about during the whole trip.

After we got all gussied up we headed down to the boat dock. But not before taking pictures!

DSC_0225.jpg

Candi was still trying to wake up :laughing:

DSC_0227.jpg

I was SO excited to take a picture with the DVC sign - becoming members has been one of the best decisions we have made so far :thumbsup2

As usual, we were way ahead of schedule so we decided to run over and see if we could catch the geyser going off. We never had a chance to see it on our honeymoon and I made it a goal to catch it during this trip.

DSC_0229.jpg

Sadly, we had just missed it!

So, instead we just took our time walking to the dock and talking about our day.

DSC_0231.jpg

I will never ever get tired of this walking path - you truly forget that you are at Disney World ... except for the fact, that Disney is the only one who could create such a wonderful place!!!

When we got to the dock we realized we had just missed the boat we needed. The plan was to take the boat to the Contemporary and then grab the monorail to the Grand Floridian. Thinking about it now, I guess we could have grabbed the boat to the MK and done the same thing - oops :rotfl:

Oh well, it was a fantastic night and we didn't mind waiting. Plus, it gave me time to do - what else - take pictures!

DSC_0238.jpg

DSC_0240.jpg

DSC_0242.jpg

Doesn't it look just like heaven? So peaceful and relaxing!

It only took about 10 minutes before the next boat to the Contemporary pulled up. And we had the best captain ever

DSC_0245.jpg

Check out that awesome clothing choice :thumbsup2 Candi and I got such a kick out of it - not in a "making fun of him" sort of way, but in a "I clearly love my job" sort of way. He was the only one we saw all week dressed up like that and it was so fun to see how into his job he got.

And now, just in case anybody is wondering why we chose the boats as much as we did as our transportation choice. Check out the view

DSC_0246.jpg

It really just doesn't get any better than this!

DSC_0251.jpg

If you look closely, you can see the Castle lit up in the background - now that's what I want to see every night on my way to dinner!

As we were walking through the Contemporary to get to the monorail, Candi decided that he is not a fan of this hotel. He said it seems too "hustle and bustle" for his liking. This kind of made me sad, it's the first hotel I stayed at when I came with my parents and sister back in 1998. But then he said he would still give Bay Lake Towers a try, so I felt better.

There was a monorail waiting when we walked up

DSC_0255.jpg

In fact, we had to run, er, I mean speedwalk :rotfl: in order to avoid missing it.

DSC_0256.jpg

Here's Candi on our first monorail ride of the trip. It was standing room only, but we didn't care. We were so excited to be at Disney and for the dinner we had to look forward to that night..........

great update. can't believe the CM at the plaza...that is just plain rude. Naps are good:thumbsup2

can't wait to hear about dinner!

Great update, and as for the CM we;;:headache: enough said.

We surprisingly too, on our last trip, took naps and I am so glad we did.

Can't wait to see how you liked Narcoossees.

Brandy

You are such a talented photographer! We are thinking of becoming DVC members someday (soon, I hope) so I will have to show your TR to my hubby.

I love those pictures you took of your friends and the photos of you and Candi waiting for the boat to the Contemporary. you should frame those.

great update. can't believe the CM at the plaza...that is just plain rude. Naps are good:thumbsup2

can't wait to hear about dinner!

Thank you! Naps are my new found friend :lmao:

Great update, and as for the CM we;;:headache: enough said.

We surprisingly too, on our last trip, took naps and I am so glad we did.

Can't wait to see how you liked Narcoossees.

Brandy

Thank you! I think the only reason the Hubby agreed to another trip is because I promised naps again :laughing:

You are such a talented photographer! We are thinking of becoming DVC members someday (soon, I hope) so I will have to show your TR to my hubby.

I love those pictures you took of your friends and the photos of you and Candi waiting for the boat to the Contemporary. you should frame those.

Thank you so very much :goodvibes Photography is a hobby that I am trying to perfect so the compliment truly means a lot! We honestly have not regretted becoming DVC members for a second. Now, keep in mind we got bonus points for our first year but in that first year we did were able to go to WDW (the trip you are currently reading about), Disneyland for 5 days, Sedona, AZ for 4 days in a beautiful condo like resort and lent the remaining points to a friend to go to WDW for a week. That first year we had 420 points because of the bonus points - from here on out we have 210 points. Hope that helps your fight to become members :thumbsup2

Within minutes the monorail was dropping us off at

DSC_0257.jpg

This was the first time either of us had been inside the Grand Floridian. I remember when I came with my family and we saw people getting off here my Mom couldn't believe people actually stayed at a place so nice. At the time I decided that I had to stay here some day. Then when we were looking up hotels for our honeymoon, Candi and I decided it looked to "stuffy" and not relaxed enough for us ... especially for the money. So .... what did we think when we saw it in person?

ABSOLUTELY BREATHTAKING!!!

DSC_0258.jpg

It looks like a place straight out of a dream!

DSC_0260.jpg

Everywhere you turned there was something beautiful to catch your eye!

DSC_0262.jpg

The band playing on the balcony was Candi's favorite part of the hotel - it seemed like a place created for royalty - truly!

DSC_0263.jpg

Even the ceiling and light fixtures were like a work of art.

After we had absorbed the lobby - and accidentally (almost) ran someone over trying to get the picture shot of the light fixture shown above :rolleyes1 - we decided to head out and find the restaurant. I knew from reading other reviews that it was outside in a separate building, but we didn't know how long it would take to find it. We currently still had a lot of time to kill, but we didn't want to miss our reservation time.

I really didn't take long before we found it

DSC_0269.jpg

It looked so beautiful all nestled behind the trees on the edge of the water. I was instantly in love with the restaurant and knew that I had made a great choice for dinner that night.

Once we had ensured that we were truly at the right place we decided to roam around the grounds outside for a while. Everything had gone so smoothly up until that point so we were still incredibly early for our reservation time. This time we didn't want to try to check in early because I had made this reservation specifically to try and time dinner with the fireworks. In my mind the perfect setting would be to have a window seat and for Wishes to start as soon as dessert was served :cloud9:

While we were waiting we decided to head down to the boat dock and check out the view.

DSC_0282.jpg

I love how you can (ever so faintly) see the castle in the background.

DSC_0284.jpg

Now, one of the hardest parts about traveling with just the two of us is how hard it is to get a picture of the both of us together. That's exactly why I knew I wanted to buy the Photopass CD. However, on this night there was a very nice guy waiting for the next boat watching us attempt the perfect self portrait. After we got a picture we were satisfied with, he offered to take another picture for us.

DSC_0286.jpg

This is my absolute favorite picture of the entire trip. I love how you can see the castle, space mountain and the Contemporary in the background. I also think this picture shows how truly, truly happy we were on this trip!

We thanked the gentleman for taking the picture for us and chatted with him until the boat arrived. At that point Candi's Mom called and I took that opportunity to take more pictures.

DSC_0291.jpg

This was my favorite shot - I love how the boat dock looks like it's framing the Magic Kingdom!

DSC_0295.jpg

This is my favorite shot of the Grand Floridian. The Palm tree and how the hotel is glowing just bring a smile to my face.

After Candi finished up his phone call we decided to head on up to the restaurant, but not before Candi could check out the menu

DSC_0292.jpg

This was the one restaurant I didn't let him have any say on. I had absolutely fallen in love with it from all the reviews I had read and I don't think he really knew what to expect.

After checking in we were told that they were running a little bit behind and they gave us a pager to wait. We decided to wait outside on the patio and were able to catch part of the electric water pageant (I think that's what it's called?) while we waited. I didn't get any good pictures of it but we were so happy we got to see it. It's one of those smaller Disney touches that we had on our "to do" list for this trip. Funny thing is, we forgot all about it and just got lucky that it was happening while were out there!

I think we had to wait about 15 minutes past our reservation time, but no big deal, there was still plenty of time before the fireworks started. And, we were led over to a table by the window ... SCORE!!!

Our waitress came by after a few minutes and seemed very rushed and not all that interested in being a waitress … uh-oh, please don’t let this be sign of things to come! She took our drink order and rushed off before we had a chance to tell her that we were ready to order appetizers, oh well, no real biggy. It seemed to be about 5-10 minutes before she arrived with our drinks and then tried to take off again without asking if we were ready to order. Candi quickly caught her and told her we were ready and she sighed rather loudly before asking what we wanted.

Candi had the crab cakes and I had the green goddess salad to start with.

DSC_0301.jpg

DSC_0302.jpg

Candi loved his crab cakes - it was his first time having them and definitely would not be his last. They look rather small in the picture but he said it was the perfect amount to enjoy but still leave him hungry for the rest of his dinner. My salad was just ok, it had a lot of ingredients that I'm not a fan of, but I did enjoy the avocado dressing which was unique and wonderful at the same time. The appetizers were $13.00 and $11.00 respectively - had we not been on the dining plan I probably would have skipped an appetizer all together. I knew that the salad wouldn't be something I would love from reading the ingredients, but it was the only thing that seemed like something I would somewhat enjoy and went with it. I find $11.00 to be steep for a salad that is meant to be an appetizer, but that's just my opinion.

Now, I hate to be a complainer but I have to tell you I was starting to get frustrated with our waitress. The entire time we were eating our appetizers we never saw her, not even when our glasses were empty – not even when our appetizers were finished. Finally, Candi saw her at another table and politely waved her over. She just sort of came over and was like “yeah” to which we said we would like some refills and to check on our entrée order. Without a word she took our glasses and left. This time she was back within a minute with our refills and our entrees.

Candi had the surf and turf and I had the filet mignon which were $58.00 and $41.00 respectively.

DSC_0304.jpg

DSC_0303.jpg

The surf and turf was a complete no brainer choice for Candi. It was pricier than we would have paid for a meal if we weren't on the meal plan, but since we were no prices were being viewed that night :thumbsup2

We both found the filet mignon to be good, but not as great as the one from Fulton's the previous night. Also, the choron sauce on the steak became overbearing after a while. It tasted good but about halfway through it overpowered the taste of the steak and that was kind of a bummer. The lobster tail, however, was perfect down to the last bite. It was right then and there that I realized I like lobster. Yep, that's right, this seafood hater loves her some lobster!

Once again, our waitress was slow to come around so even though we were finished with our entrees we did not actually see her for quite some time. I was kind of bummed because I really wanted to enjoy dessert while Wishes was going on. However, I quickly realized that you can't actually watch Wishes from inside because everyone goes onto the balcony to watch it, which blocks the view from your seat. No big deal, we just got up and joined them.

DSC_0309.jpg

DSC_0321.jpg

At this point in the night, we both forgot all about how the meal was not going quite as planned. Wishes is my favorite fireworks show EVER and I got completely caught up in the moment as we enjoyed the show. And, I cannot lie, I even started to cry a little. Seeing Wishes from a different angle was exactly why I had booked the meal and it went perfectly. Standing on the balcony with Candi holding me - nothing can top that!

After the show we made our way back inside to order dessert and observed our waitress laughing and having a great time at another table. We were relived and thought maybe she was in a better mood

WRONG!!!!!!!

It took her 20 minutes before she came around to our table to get our dessert order. In that time we saw her go to 4 or 5 other tables offering to take pictures for them and even offered a couple there for their anniversary some free champagne. Now, I don’t EXPECT a waitress to do any of those things but I DO expect to be treated the same as any other paying guest. By this point I was so irritated I started to cry out of frustration . She had basically ignored us all night, had an attitude every time we made a request and then I watch her treat every other table like actual guests.

I wanted to just leave without ordering dessert, but Candi reminded me that I had been looking forward to the almond crusted cheesecake for months and we should at least order dessert to go. I decided to just stay and eat it there - that I shouldn't let a waitress ruin my night - a night we had talked about over and over again while planning this trip.

Finally, the waitress came over to get our order. Of course I ordered the almond crusted cheesecake and Candi got the key lime creme brulee. I gave him an odd look because I know he doesn't like limey things, but knew he ordered it because it was my second choice dessert and he was trying to make my night better by letting me try both :lovestruc

A few minutes later our waitress came back and threw the dessert menu in front of me - I'm not kidding - she actually threw it, in fact it almost slid off the table - and told me "choose something else, we're out of cheesecake."

I chose the strawberry cheesecake and sat there and cried. I wasn't crying because they were out of cheesecake. I was crying because I didn't understand what we did to make her treat us like this. I was crying because I was mad at myself for letting her ruin most of our night. I was crying because I knew that Candi was trying so hard to fix everything and couldn't. I was crying because it just wasn't supposed to go this way.

We finally received our desserts - without getting a refill on our our drinks - and Candi stated he was going to ask for the Manager. At the time I begged him not to so he didn't. I know that a lot of people are surprised that we didn't say anything, but I knew that it wouldn't fix anything. I didn't want an apology from a Manager or anything free or anything like that. Nothing could fix what had happened so I left it alone. Thinking about it now I wish I would have talked to a Manager because I hate knowing someone else may have had to experience this bad service!

We did enjoy our desserts though

DSC_0326.jpg

DSC_0327.jpg

I traded with Candi because I knew he really didn't want the creme brulee but both were very, very good. They were each $7.00 and I would recommend either one.

For the first time all night, our waitress was at our table before our plates were empty - to leave the check. We gave her the card before she walked away and came back in less than a minute with the receipt to sign and had the nerve to point out where we were to leave the tip :headache:

Now, we did leave a (very small) tip, I just don't have it in me not to. Call me crazy, but I believe in karma, and I know that tips are a major portion of a waitresses income. If Candi would have had his way, he would have left the lonely one dollar bill from his wallet and left it at that.

(continued in next post)

After dinner we slowly made our way back to the Wilderness Lodge.

DSC_0329.jpg

I saw this banner while waiting for the monorail and reminded myself to just let it all go and move on with the rest of the night.

DSC_0330.jpg

The monorail pulled up and we decided to get off at the Magic Kingdom and grab the boat from there.

DSC_0333.jpg

While waiting for the boat to the WL, Candi saw the ferry and asked me where it went to. I told him it was probably to the ticket and transportation center. He said he was sad, because it looked like fun and he wanted to ride it - silly boy!!

Once we got back to the Wilderness Lodge, we, once again, took our time walking to our room.

Now, if I have not convinced you yet about how beautiful the Lodge is, check this out

DSC_0340.jpg

We just stood out there taking in the beauty. Regardless of how beautiful the Grand Floridian is, and it is - in it's own way, we knew that we had made the right choice for us with WL. There were no regrets about not choosing the Grand for our honeymoon last year, Wilderness will always be our "home."

After we got back to the room we grabbed our refillable mugs and went down to Roaring Forks to fill them up and the gift shop to grab a movie to watch. We snuggled up in bed and reminded each other - everything didn't go perfect but it was still a day together!

Money Spent Day 2:

2 - 7 day park hopper tickets - $575.00 (this is approximate as I can't find the receipt)

Cinderella's Royal Table Breakfast - 4 table service credits used (2 per adult) - $79.98 if paying cash

20 oz bottle of Sprite - 1 snack credit used - $2.50 if paying cash

Roaring Forks lunch - 2 quick service credits used - $29.12 if paying cash

Narcoossees dinner - 4 table service credits used (2 per adult) - $160.79 if paying cash

Oh no!!! I am sooo sorry your waitress was a total :headache:(insert word not allowed on the DIS)

I cannot imagine why in the world she acted that way and that is just not right. But your DH was so sweet trying to make it better for you! I hope it did not ruin your great day.

The Wilderness Lodge is beautiful!!! Great pics:thumbsup2

I am sooo sorry for the lousy waitress. I totally would have said something to the manager. she is working in a very expensive resaurant...the service should reflect that. And I have to agree with Candi $1 or less for tip...perhaps then she would have got the point that being a "B" does not earn the money!!

Love the pictures. WL is such a beautiful resort...I think that this trip we will actually try to tour some new resorts and WL is definitely on the list. We considered booking a dinner at Whispering Canyon but the kids just don't eat enough and we seem to have so much extra things that we are doing this trip that QS and storybook princess breakfast is all we want to commit to for time.

we are down to 14 more days....I am sooooooo excited!!:banana:

Thanks for all the photos and comments about WL. I can't wait until we stay there for the first time in March. We will be in a 2BR villa. It looks absolutely breathtaking.

Sorry about your dinner at Narcosses's. You should have complained. But I understand about not wanting to. I just hope the rest of your trip is better.

Can't wait to read more.

Oh no!!! I am sooo sorry your waitress was a total :headache:(insert word not allowed on the DIS)

I cannot imagine why in the world she acted that way and that is just not right. But your DH was so sweet trying to make it better for you! I hope it did not ruin your great day.

The Wilderness Lodge is beautiful!!! Great pics:thumbsup2

I have to admit that, unfortunately, I did let it ruin the majority of my dinner :sad2: But, that mood can't last for long when you come back to such a beautiful resort :thumbsup2

I am sooo sorry for the lousy waitress. I totally would have said something to the manager. she is working in a very expensive resaurant...the service should reflect that. And I have to agree with Candi $1 or less for tip...perhaps then she would have got the point that being a "B" does not earn the money!!

Love the pictures. WL is such a beautiful resort...I think that this trip we will actually try to tour some new resorts and WL is definitely on the list. We considered booking a dinner at Whispering Canyon but the kids just don't eat enough and we seem to have so much extra things that we are doing this trip that QS and storybook princess breakfast is all we want to commit to for time.

we are down to 14 more days....I am sooooooo excited!!:banana:

Oh my gosh - you are going to Disney in a week :dance3:

Thanks for all the photos and comments about WL. I can't wait until we stay there for the first time in March. We will be in a 2BR villa. It looks absolutely breathtaking.

Sorry about your dinner at Narcosses's. You should have complained. But I understand about not wanting to. I just hope the rest of your trip is better.

Can't wait to read more.

I can't wait to hear about your experience at WL! Hopefully, the next time we stay there it will be in a 1BR:thumbsup2

Our second morning had us once again boarding the boat

DSC_0345.jpg

We were sitting towards the front and I thought this sign was so cute

DSC_0346.jpg

(hopefully we never need Mickey's helping hand here though :scared:)

Once again, we would be getting off at the Contemporary to grab the monorail

DSC_0347.jpg

However, we weren't headed to a park just yet. This morning we had breakfast reservations at

DSC_0353.jpg

I had read so much about Kona and I couldn't wait to try the infamous Tonga Toast! Candi, on the other hand, wasn't that thrilled about getting up early to eat again. But, he knew how much eating here meant to me and happily obliged.

We grabbed the monorail from the Contemporary to the Polynesian and once again we arrived about 20 minutes early, but this time it appeared to be for the better as there was quite a long line when we arrived. After finding the end of the line we realized it wasn’t quite as bad as it seemed – it was sort of “mixed in” with the Ohana line. By this I just mean that you couldn’t really tell where the line for one ended and the line for the other began until you got close enough to see which way people were standing. We hopped in line and I took pictures as we moved along

DSC_0354.jpg

After about 10 minutes we were already at the front of the line. Then this couple walked up and cut everybody in line and walks directly up to the check-in podium. Apparently she didn’t find it necessary to wait in line because she had an ADR. Ummmmm, sweetie pretty much all of us have ADRs. The hostess politely let her know this and that it should only take a few minutes before it would be her turn. To which the customer stated “well, I’m late and my ADR time was for 10 minutes ago so you should check me in now”. WHAT?!?!? :scared1: In the end she got mad and stormed off yelling at her Husband to get on the phone and find somewhere else to eat.

Once we checked in we only had to wait about 10 more minutes before we were seated which was only 5 minutes or so after our ADR time.

We were seated to the side of the restaurant in a little booth for two – I love these and think they super cute. Candi hates booths but did not make a fuss or asked to be moved to a regular table or anything.

Our waitress came to the table within 2 minutes of us being seated and took our drink orders and let us know that smoothies were included in the dining plan here. She also informed us that since it was a breakfast meal we could get 2 drinks apiece. .

It took her about 5 minutes to get back with our drinks and take our order but she was super apologetic and it was completely obvious that she was in charge of WAY too many tables.

Candi ordered the supercharged tropical smoothie ($4.29) and the Big Kahuna ($11.99)

DSC_0357.jpg

The smoothie was a blend of tropical juice with yogurt and I believe a protein powder. The big kahuna included: Eggs (he ordered them over easy), ham, bacon, sausage, breakfast potatoes, French toast and macadamia-pineapple pancakes.

Overall, he said he enjoyed his meal and he LOVED his smoothie, but he said this wasn't a restaurant he would put on our "must do" list.

I ordered pineapple juice ($2.29) and the tonga toast with bacon ($10.99)

DSC_0356.jpg

I was disappointed with the pineapple juice, as it tasted severely watered down! The tonga toast was the entire reason I made this reservation, and although it was good, I found it to be incredibly sweet and couldn't finish it. I would definitely come back again, but, like Candi, don't consider it a "must do."

At one point Candi really wanted to order the Kona blend coffee but since coffee in general gives him massive heartburn he decided against it. As our second drink we both got a bottled water to take with us – this was suggested by our waitress when she realized we hadn’t ordered a second drink. It was a great idea and I never would have thought of it.

When our waitress brought our check, which by the way wasn’t the only time we saw her :thumbsup2, she also brought us a special surprise

DSC_0359.jpg

Coco Puffs! They were SO good and super thoughtful of Kona to do for us! I don’t normally eat dessert for breakfast :laughing: but these were delicious and we LOVED them. I’m not sure if these are offered as a dessert option for lunch or dinner but if they are I would definitely get them!

DSC_0360.jpg

This was the chocolate stamp on the plate – so super cute!!!

As you can tell, we both enjoyed Kona but don't have any need to run back and eat there anytime soon - for breakfast anyway - I would love to try it for dinner as I have heard great things about it!

After a great breakfast, which was much needed after our dinner flop last night, we decided to roam around and check out the Polynesian.

DSC_0362.jpg

You can tell that the humidity was out in full force today - even inside the the lens was starting to "fog" up.

DSC_0365.jpg

I absolutely love this area (it's in the middle of the lobby) and after our individual shots wanted to try and get a good self portrait in front of it.

This proved to be slightly difficult, for some reason we both had the giggles and couldn't hold a real smile at the same time. We spent a good ten minutes trying to get the "perfect shot" and here are the results

DSC_0366.jpg

DSC_0369.jpg

DSC_0371.jpg

DSC_0370.jpg

People must have thought we were absolutely looney - must have been all the sugar I had at breakfast! This ended up being one of our favorite memories of the trip! Once again, it was proof that you don't have to be going commando in the park to have a good time :thumbsup2

Once we got the best shot possible in front of that darn waterfall Candi wanted to see if the gift shop had any Crocs for sale. His feet were killing him in his tennis shoes and we had accidentally left his spare pair in our friends car when she took us to the airport. He thought Crocs would give him extra room to avoid getting blisters on his toes.

DSC_0372.jpg

The name of the gift shop once again sent me into a fit of giggles. I seriously would say its name at random times throughout the day just to get a good laugh!

Unfortunately, we couldn't find any Crocs. We did find some other sandals that looked super comfortable, but then we saw that they were over $100!!! Ummmmm, no thank you!

After our failed attempt to find some Crocs we took a look at a little shop across from there with a bunch of beautiful art pieces. I absolutely love the bright colors of the beach and I would have gladly taken all of these paintings home with me, but again, my pocketbook stopped me!

DSC_0376.jpg

Instead I took a picture with this guy!

From here we grabbed the escalator back upstairs and Candi spotted this

DSC_0378.jpg

He was so proud of himself!

DSC_0383.jpg

We took one last look at the beautiful Polynesian and decided to grab the monorail to our next stop for the day .......

Hey. I was reading your dining reviews earlier and knew I had to read your TR too! It is great so far. Keep it coming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter