It's our Date-A-Versary with Deluxe Dining, DVC and MNSSHP!! 11/13 UPDATE!

So, it had become apparent that the plan for today was ... no plan at all. Well, other than those ADRs we had set for breakfast and dinner :thumbsup2 Since, we had conquerqued what we wanted to in FutureWorld we decided to do what we really love about EPCOT.

Yep, we headed back over to World Showcase. We decided to start out in Canada and see how far we could make it before we were ready for some lunch.

DSC_1244.jpg

DSC_1245.jpg

While in Canada we decided to do something we had never done before ... we waited for the next showing of O Canada. Unfortunately, we had just missed the start of a showing so we had a good few minutes to sit in the air conditioning to wait for the next one. During this time, Candi's Mom called and it was then that I realized how much more he really enjoyed this trip than our honeymoon. I know it sounds sad, but I felt the same way. I think we were both just too scared (or ashamed) to say it to eachother. I mean, a honeymoon is supposed to be a lifetime memory of perfection. The truth is we were just too tired and put too much pressure on it to make it perfect that it wasn't. Don't get me wrong, we both enjoyed it, but we learned a lot from that trip that we implemented into this trip :thumbsup2

Candi wrapped up his conversation with his Mom right as they opened the doors to let us into the show. For those who don't know, this is a standing only show, so we were both glad that we got to sit and chill for a few before it began. I know the shows in World Showcase get many mixed reviews, but we did enjoy the Canada one. We actually have decided to space the shows out, and so far have only done one each trip. We both find it very neat to see different countires and their culture. Plus, Canada is a place we both very much want to visit .... if we ever deter from going to WDW for vacation :laughing:

After the show we headed on to the United Kingdom, which happens to be Candi's favorite country in World Showcase!

DSC_1246.jpg

DSC_1247.jpg

I'm convinced he loves it solely because it is the country of his favorite restaurant. Of course, he also points out how much he loves a girl with an English accent and then there's also the Twinings tea that he is a major fan of. Ok, ok, I guess he has several reasons for his love of the UK!

While in the UK I went into the Toy Soldier to see if Pooh and the Gang were out for photo ops. They weren't so we decided to continue on with our tour of the World.

Before crossing the bridge into the remaining countries we decided it would be fun to grab a Fastpass to do a Kim Possible mission.

DSC_1253.jpg

With Fastpass in hand, we made note of the time to check-in and headed on.

DSC_1250.jpg

Right as we were crossing the bridge a Photopass photographer came out, so, of course, we took advantage.

Image109.jpg

Image114.jpg

Image116.jpg

I'm so glad we stumbled upon this Photopass guy ... he took tons of pictures and captured some of my favorites of the two of us this trip!

With our photo session over I continued on capturing all the details of my favorite country, France!

DSC_1256.jpg

DSC_1257.jpg

DSC_1258.jpg

DSC_1259.jpg

I was so excited to find this window ... I love, love, love Beauty and the Beast. And although the picture doesn't really capture it, the stained glass window is such a beautifully romantic piece of work!

We were both really enjoying our stroll through World Showcase. It was so nice to be able to just take our time and enjoy all the details for a change. I will admit that sometimes I get so caught up in being a PCF (Park Commando Freak :rotfl2:) that I overlook all the little things. In fact, sometimes I become so Commando I even forget to do things we are really excited about when planning the trip ....

I have spent the last couple hours reading your TR and have loved every second of it! The pics, the details, you and your DH - it's all just fantastic! Congratulations on your pregnancy!!!!

I have spent the last couple hours reading your TR and have loved every second of it! The pics, the details, you and your DH - it's all just fantastic! Congratulations on your pregnancy!!!!

Thank you so much for all the wonderful compliments and for joining in on my TR :goodvibes

When we last left off our tour of the World, I was capturing all the details that Disney does so well

DSC_1266.jpg

DSC_1267.jpg

* Sidenote: I'm very sad to hear this window is no longer there due to the new Givenchy shop inside :sad2:

While taking pictures I had noticed that Belle had come out for pictures and Candi happily obliged with my request to go get one .... as long as I did what he said next. Hmmmmmm, well, Belle is one of my faves so .... I guess :rolleyes1

Image118.jpg

After our picture was complete Candi led me back into France .... ok, ok, so far so good

DSC_1268.jpg

And then I realized he wanted to grab a snack at the Patisserie ... request granted my love :thumbsup2

DSC_1270.jpg

DSC_1272.jpg

DSC_1271.jpg

We grabbed a little table outside to enjoy our snacks and (as is typical with us) traded snacks before we were even halfway through :laughing: It was one of those perfect days, that wasn't too hot but wasn't too cold even if you were in the shade. Once again, I thought to myself how nice it was to be taking it easy and really absorbing what Disney had to offer. I think EPCOT has always been my favorite due to the fact that it isn't so "run to this ride and that ride" but this was the first time I had really let go and relaxed! We probably sat there enjoying the atmosphere and the conversation for close to an hour before continuing on. We realized that we had missed our Fastpass time for our Kim Possible mission, but all of a sudden we just didn't care. The idea seemed fun, but we were much more enjoying ourselves with our own personal mission!

Eventually we made our way over into Morocco

DSC_1276.jpg

Every time we pass through here we also want to be brave enough to try one of the restaurants, but both chicken out :confused3 I'm not sure why, especially for Candi, as he is typically all for trying new foods. It's sad really, and one of these days I will just force us to get a platter to share, just so we can say we tried it. Who knows, it may even become a favorite if we would just do it!

As we were walking around we spotted Jasmine AND Aladdin doing photos ... this time I didn't even have to ask; Candi just started walking over there!

These were two of the greatest characters we have encountered, spending just as much time with adults as they were with children and being completely creative for every picture. When we got in line there were about four people ahead of us and I never heard them use the same lines or use the same poses twice! Now, what I am about to show you is my all-time, most favorite, character picture EVER and I am so, so, so glad that timing had us here at this moment

Image120.jpg

We were riding on our magic carpet :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Once our carpet ride was over, we bid farewell to our BFFs from Agrabah and headed on into Japan. We had spent plenty of time in Japan on our previous visits into World Showcase so this day we only had one thing we, or should I say, I wanted to conquer ;)

It was time to pick a pearl!

DSC_1277.jpg

As is always the case, I made Candi search for an oyster for me, while I went to pay for it and retrieve my voucher.

DSC_1280.jpg

DSC_1282.jpg

I ended up with a 7.50mm all white pearl. I was very happy with it, but Candi was sad because last time he had picked one with an 8mm champagne pearl. So, he went and paid to try one more time, and this time we picked an oyster together.

DSC_1283.jpg

And guess what???? I ended up with a 7.50mm all white pearl :rotfl:

I thought about having them made into earrings, but since I already have a beautiful set of pearl studs I decided against it. I wasn't in love with any of their other settings and decided to hold onto both pearls for another time.

We were starting to get hungry but decided against eating in Japan and since we had thoroughly toured the Japan pavilion previously we moved on to America after wrapping up my pearls.

DSC_1286.jpg

We definitely were not interested in eating in America :rotfl: and I decided to call and see if I could get us a lunch reservation in surprise spot for Candi ....

I totally missed you coming back!

First off,

Congrats!!

Looking forward to morepopcorn::

Hello! Thanks for jumping back in. I am trying so hard to get this TR finished, but life keeps stepping in the way :rotfl: I will definitely have an update up this weekend!

While Candi enjoyed the end of the Fife and Drum players, I snuck off around the corner to try to grab a reservation for us as a surprise for Candi. I was able to snag a spot for 20 minutes from that point and so we headed off towards our destination. I told Candi that I knew where we should eat and he should just follow me and off we went for lunch. Since there weren't that many showcases left in the world I'm sure he figured out pretty quickly where we were eating but he was still thrilled when I checked us in for San Angel Inn!

DSC_1290.jpg

We checked in right on time and were seated within a couple of minutes in a table for two, one row back from the seats along the ride. As many people have pointed out, it is rather dark and slightly noisy in the restaurant but it didn't bother us in the slightest. We were happy to be sitting in air conditioning and trying, yet again, somewhere new for us. I wouldn't exactly say the dark lighting made it romantic due to the noise level, but it definitely add to the atmosphere!

DSC_1292.jpg

DSC_1293.jpg

Candi started with the shrimp cocktail and I had decided to go with the tortilla soup as my appetizer. They also bring out chips and salsa to enjoy before, during and even after the meal if you so desire :laughing:

DSC_1294.jpg

Candi was not at all impressed with the shrimp cocktail and I started to worry if we would be as disappointed with our meal as many other people had been that I read about.

DSC_1295.jpg

My tortilla soup, however, was A-mazing! It easily could have been a meal in and of itself and I enjoyed every last bite.

For our mains I had the chicken enchiladas which I thought were delicious. Candi had the beef tenderloin (which had a fancy name I cannot pronounce nor spell :rotfl:) but he really enjoyed the Spanish flavorings they added to the dish. We were both full and weren't inspired by any of the dessert offerings so we passed on those. Overall, we were really impressed with our meal, the only down point was Candi's appetizer, everything else from the service to the remaining dishes definitely impressed us. Lesson learned - don't be afraid to try something you're interested in, regardless of what you've heard (or read) :thumbsup2

After enjoying our meal we left the Mexico pavilion to find Mariachis performing outside so we stayed around to enjoy them for a while

DSC_1299.jpg

Once they had completed their set we decided to head back to the resort to rest for the afternoon. We had been up since early, the morning was rushed and it was starting to get hot, so we knew moods would be better all around after an afternoon in the room.

Like always, we took our time leaving EPCOT, enjoying our surroundings as we made our way to the exit

Image135.jpg

DSC_1302.jpg

Image141.jpg

There was a bus waiting when we got to the bus stop and we were quickly back at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Candi quickly fell asleep and I head out to explore the Lodge ... I guess we have different ideas of what resting means :rotfl2:

DSC_1321.jpg

The neverending hallway :laughing:

DSC_1353.jpg

DSC_1354.jpg

DSC_1361.jpg

I spent at least an hour just walking around Kidani and stepping out on the different seating areas they had outside. I still wasn't ready to admit that it was just as great as WL, but I was allowing myself to admit that I liked it :rolleyes: It was also while wandering around that I decided I definitely wanted to try out Jambo house next time, as I'd heard it has more of a "grand" feeling to it.

After my adventure around the resort, I headed back to our room to shower and wake Candi up so we could get ready for our evening plans ...

Again welcome back! I've enjoyed reading your trip reports since I joined the DIS in the beginning of the year. Please keep them coming:thumbsup2

The 4 "Quay"balleros;38936711 said:
Again welcome back! I've enjoyed reading your trip reports since I joined the DIS in the beginning of the year. Please keep them coming:thumbsup2

Thanks! I am determined to finish this thing .... especially since there are some really awesome moments coming up ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter