It's our Date-A-Versary with Deluxe Dining, DVC and MNSSHP!! 11/13 UPDATE!

From the Polynesian we grabbed the monorail to get our park day started at our most favorite park

DSC_0384.jpg

EPCOT!!! Neither one of us can ever get enough of Epcot and you will find us here several times throughout the trip. Candi always laughs at me when i plan out park days at home before the trip because he knows we will always end up here more than anywhere else :laughing:

DSC_0386.jpg

Upon entering the park I attempted to capture as many pictures of "the ball" as possible while still walking. Candi was not slowing down - he was on a mission for some fastpasses. To where you might ask?

DSC_0390.jpg

Ok, ok ... you probably weren't asking where. I mean, really, where else does everybody run off to for fastpasses at Epcot :rotfl:

I allowed Candi the joy of obtaining passes while I took the opportunity to take another 5 billion pictures - I am slightly obsessed if you couldn't tell ;)

DSC_0389.jpg

I love the ceilings here - it's like you can look up and find peace amongst all the chaos going on around you!

With passes in hand we decided to head over to do the land boat ride, but alas, it was closed. I was a little sad, I remember riding it when I came the first time and I truly loved it. I constantly tell Candi about it and he is dying to ride it but each time we've been it's been closed .... so sad!

Since that was no longer an option we decided to head over the the Seas pavilion and check out everything it has to offer.

DSC_0392.jpg

Oh look, you can see the ball from this angle :laughing:

DSC_0445.jpg

Once we got inside the pavilion we actually spent a long time just looking at all the aquariums - something we rushed through last trip.

DSC_0407.jpg

DSC_0413.jpg

Of course we had to stop and say hi to Nemo!

DSC_0416.jpg

I absolutely love seahorses - they are such interesting creatures to me.

DSC_0423.jpg

Now I have a confession that most people don't know .... Although I think jellyfish are one of the most beautiful and graceful creatures in the world they are also one of my biggest fears. Whenever we go to the ocean I am never afraid of sharks but I secretly freak out the ENTIRE time that I am going to stung by a jelly fish. Sometimes I even have nightmares about it :eek:

DSC_0426.jpg

This little guy was super interesting to me. He is a cuttlefish and i learned that he has 3 hearts!!!

DSC_0429.jpg

Starfish - another of my favorite sea creatures!

DSC_0435.jpg

Oh no - did you get lost again Dory?

DSC_0441.jpg

Candi also ensured that we went to check out the stingrays - they are quite possibly his favorite animal. We've even gone to snorkel with them which Candi loved and kind of freaked me out :laughing:

I think we spent almost 2 hours looking around all the different aquariums. In that time we didn't go ride Nemo or talk with Crush, we just walked around enjoying our surroundings.

While looking around the aquariums we realized that it was already time for our lunch reservation. Luckily we didn't have to go far because lunch was at

DSC_0446.jpg

We hardly waited at all before we were seated on the first level after the floor seating. Although we had been hoping for a window seat we still had a good view of the aquarium - which of course was a big reason for making a reservation here!

DSC_0450.jpg

He hung out in this spot for almost the entire time we enjoyed our lunch!

Our waiter came by quickly to get our drink orders and pointed out that the smoothies were included on the meal plan.

Candi had iced tea to drink ($2.29) and I had a Lava Smoothie ($4.29) with water (free)

DSC_0453.jpg

Smoothie = SUPER DUPER YUMMY!!!! It's basically a strawberry pina colada without the alcohol which is perfect in my opinion as me and alcohol = bad bad times :sick:

Matt (our server) returned about five minutes later to check on us and bring out the bread and let us know that the appetizers would be out shortly. He was an excellent server – he never left us alone for too long but didn’t linger or bother too much either – perfect service!!

As promised our appetizers arrived within a few minutes of Matt refilling our drinks.

Candi had the shrimp and lobster cakes - $11.49

DSC_0451.jpg

Candi said there was a good amount of seafood in the cakes and he enjoyed them but he prefers crab cakes over these :thumbsup2

I had the corn chowder for my appetizer - $6.99

DSC_0452.jpg

I had only had corn chowder for the first time the previous Christmas and it is now one of my most favorite things to eat. This one was quite a bit runnier than most I'd had previously and also sweeter (it had coconut milk in it), but it was still good and I had no problems finishing it!

For my main entree I had the apricot glazed short ribs - $24.99

DSC_0454.jpg

These were really good and I LOVED the apricot glaze. The sides however didn't really rock my world - the potatos were overly buttery and the snap peas were undercooked.

Candi got a little brave and ordered the mahi mahi - $20.99

DSC_0455.jpg

The reason I say that he was brave is that we both have had mahi mahi before and neither one of us cared for it. But, the waiter declared it the best meal on the menu and Candi decided to take his word for it. Sadly, he was disappointed with this fish once again :sad2: He did, however, enjoy the bok choy which is another thing we have only be introduced to recently.

After our meal we of course still had dessert to go and when our waiter brought it out he also brought us champagne to enjoy for our anniversary.

DSC_0456.jpg

DSC_0457.jpg

Today was definitely shaking up to be better than the previous night as far as meals go. We were now two for two with great service and congrats on our Anniversary - and just in case you're wondering I don't consider the service great for that reason only ;)

For dessert Candi had the butterscotch creme brulee - $7.99

DSC_0458.jpg

It was lacking as far as the butterscotch flavoring but was good otherwise.

I had the infamous chocolate wave - $7.99

DSC_0459.jpg

Although I enjoyed it I didn't find it to be anything out of the ordinary :rolleyes:

Overall, we thought the atmosphere was slightly overrated - maybe because we just spent 2 hours looking at the awesome aquariums in the Seas pavillion :confused3 The food was a little split down the middle for us - I enjoyed most of my meal but Candi wasn't too fond of his - more than likely we won't be back.

DSC_0463.jpg

After lunch Candi had to try to adjust his shoes - his feet were majorly bothering him and we still didn't have any other ones for him to change into. I asked him if he wanted to go back to the hotel and rest for a while but he said no so we headed over to the Imagination Pavilion.

One of our biggest goals this trip was to go into the area where you can be a music "conductor." Some of our friends had been telling us about it and since Candi is a musician on many levels he declared this a "must do" on the trip.

We didn't really know exactly where it was so we decided to grab a ride on Figment while we looked for it

DSC_0468.jpg

This was definitely a smart choice because after exiting the ride look at what we found!!!!!!

DSC_0471.jpg

Candi was beyond thrilled and had so much fun playing around here!

Once he had his fill he promised me I could choose anything I wanted for our next adventure....

Still enjoying your TR, thanks for the update. By the way, I love that ball too. Actually, I love all the big icons (castle, ball and the tree) except for the hat at DHS. I just don't think it belongs.

Keep it coming!

Great report- We've been fallowing this and the dining thread for a while(We just joined). My family and I enjoy reading your posts and we're waiting for updates!:)

Still enjoying your TR, thanks for the update. By the way, I love that ball too. Actually, I love all the big icons (castle, ball and the tree) except for the hat at DHS. I just don't think it belongs.

Keep it coming!

Thank you for continuing to follow along :goodvibes

Great update.
I hope Candi finds crocs soon.

Thank you!!

The 4 "Quay"balleros;35355950 said:
Great report- We've been fallowing this and the dining thread for a while(We just joined). My family and I enjoy reading your posts and we're waiting for updates!:)

Thanks for joining! Sorry for making you wait so long :guilty:

When we last left off, many moons ago, Candi was in a super good mood from playing music conductor and promised me we could do anything I wanted to do!

Now, I will admit, I was slightly mischievous about it, I knew he was meaning a ride or food. But, after turning the corner in the Imagination Pavilion, he knew he was regretting his words :rotfl:

I had the choice to do anything I wanted and I wanted to take pictures. Remember, slightly obsessed here ;) But, this wasn't any picture. It wasn't an icon picture or a photopass picture .... this was the most super, duper fun picture in the whole world. I'm not making this up - see for yourself ....

DSC_0529-1.jpg

This picture currently sits on my desk at work and whenever I am feeling stressed or frustrated I look at it and my world feels a little bit better :goodvibes

After taking the picture we decided to head back to the Lodge for an afternoon nap. Candi's feet were really starting to hurt him and we still hadn't been able to find any Crocs in his size. Of course, this wasn't a mad rush off to nap and we took our time making our way out of Epcot.

DSC_0472.jpg

Oh, look at that, you can see "the ball" from over here too :rotfl:

DSC_0473.jpg

We both love all the fountains in this area ... especially how excited all the kids get with them!

While strolling around we stumbled upon Club Cool and were super excited about it. This was something else we had placed on our "must do" list but forgot about it until we accidentally found it!

DSC_0479.jpg

My favorite was definitely the one from China, but Candi was partial to the one from Germany.

DSC_0478.jpg

This was seriously like his fourth cup of the one from Germany. Now, I wasn't mean enough to make him try the Beverly. Ok, I'm mean enough, but I didn't know how to persuade him without laughing and letting him know something was up :rolleyes1 So, I left it alone and told him that I would check and see if they sold bottles of the different types of drinks. Sadly I did not see them .... I think this would be a great idea though!

When I came back to deliver the bad news I saw Candi filling up his little cup with the infamous Italian Soda ----- he was drinking Beverly on his own free will ....

DSC_0477.jpg

:rotfl::lmao::rotfl2::rotfl::lmao::rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

When he saw me laughing he tried to get mad because he realized I knew it was a bad idea. But, all he could do was crack up laughing. After that we each took a cup of our favorite to go and continued our journey to the front gates.

DSC_0474.jpg

Hey - haven't seen that in at least 3 pictures :laughing:

After I took the picture Candi noticed a Photopass guy and offered to take some more pictures. I think he was finally getting into the spirit of "getting our money's worth" :rotfl:

Image046.jpg

We also had to stop and watch the dancing fountains; it still amazes us how they are able to time it all so well. We could truly sit around watching them for hours.

DSC_0481.jpg

After the fountains we had finally made it to the entrance - only 2 hours had passed since we agreed to go take a nap :goodvibes However, right before we left Candi remembered that there was a camera strap I had wanted to buy last year and we forgot all about it. I was shocked he had remembered because I hadn't said anything about it in over a year. But, the next thing I knew he was leading me into the photo store by the front gates to buy my strap.

DSC_0512-1.jpg

To this day, it is my favorite souvenir EVER!!!

After that we actually did leave the park and head back to Wilderness Lodge. The plan was to take a nap and then come back and work our way through World Showcase - starting in Mexico and stopping in Japan for dinner - allowing enough time for me to do the "pick a pearl" thing in the before our dinner reservation.......

Glad you are back with a update. That souvenir is so cool. I love it. I was mean enough to let my DH try Beverly. :rotfl: It was hard to do with a straight face though.

I just found your TR now. I've enjoyed reading it. We fell in love with the WL on our last trip. It was sooo nice! You've made me jealous with your DVC points! :)

Your pictures are wonderful! Were in EPCOT did you make that hysterical flying photo! I've never seen anything like it! Cute!!

Found your TR and read all your installments! Loving it :)

That picture of you and Candi flying over the castle is great! Where was that taken exactly? How much did it cost? That's definitely much more fun to have than just a regular ol' posed pic in front of the castle!

I'm definitely going to show that camera strap to DBF! He will probably want a Mickey camera strap, maybe not so bright though. Were there other ones there?

Looking forward to more!

Just found you TR and I love it :love:. I have to know, where did you take the picture "flying" over the world :confused3? I have read MANY TR's and have never seen this. It is awesome :cool1:. Do you mind sharing?

Karen

I love your trip report! DH and I also try to go back to WDW for our anniversaries - we honeymooned in 2002 at WL and fell in love with the resort. Nothing else matches that feeling, no matter how much I like staying at the Grand, the WL will always be "home."

Waiting (im)patiently :rolleyes1 for your next update....

I was reading your dining reviews and decided to hop over and read your Trip Report!! I love it and all your detail. I am writing one form our trip and I am just not good at it!! :rotfl2: Do you write things down on your trip or do you just have a great memory!!??

I love all your pictures and all your good comments about WL! We were at the Poly and didn't love it like I thought I would and had lunch at WC on our last day and did fall in love with the Wilderness Lodge and booked it THAT DAY for our next trip!!!! :cloud9:

I can't believe you got such a good picture of that jellyfish! I tried forever and couldn't get a good one. Also, that turtle that was watching you eat lunch is too cute!

Glad you are back with a update. That souvenir is so cool. I love it. I was mean enough to let my DH try Beverly. :rotfl: It was hard to do with a straight face though.

Thank you! The only reason that he didn't see me laughing at first is because I was around the corner when I saw him fill up the cup. He so badly wanted to be mad at me for not stopping him from drinking it :rotfl:

I just found your TR now. I've enjoyed reading it. We fell in love with the WL on our last trip. It was sooo nice! You've made me jealous with your DVC points! :)

Your pictures are wonderful! Were in EPCOT did you make that hysterical flying photo! I've never seen anything like it! Cute!!

Thanks for joining :goodvibes The picture was taken in the gift shop in the imagination pavilion. We just happened to stumble upon it after exiting the Figment ride :thumbsup2

Found your TR and read all your installments! Loving it :)

That picture of you and Candi flying over the castle is great! Where was that taken exactly? How much did it cost? That's definitely much more fun to have than just a regular ol' posed pic in front of the castle!

I'm definitely going to show that camera strap to DBF! He will probably want a Mickey camera strap, maybe not so bright though. Were there other ones there?

Looking forward to more!

Thanks for reading!!!

The picture was taken in the gift shop at the Imagination Pavilion. The one you enter after exiting the Figment ride, but I'm sure you can enter it from outside as well :confused3 I believe it was $15.00 or so, I will be digging up my receipts and posting prices of everything when I do the installment of the end of each day :thumbsup2

The only strap I saw was the red one, but to be honest, I wasn't looking for a different color ;)

Just found you TR and I love it :love:. I have to know, where did you take the picture "flying" over the world :confused3? I have read MANY TR's and have never seen this. It is awesome :cool1:. Do you mind sharing?

Karen

Thank you so much :goodvibes I had never seen a picture like that before either and absolutely fell in love with the idea. They had other ones you could do as well, but we liked this one the best. It was taken in the gift shop after you exit the Figment ride in the Imagination Pavilion.

I love your trip report! DH and I also try to go back to WDW for our anniversaries - we honeymooned in 2002 at WL and fell in love with the resort. Nothing else matches that feeling, no matter how much I like staying at the Grand, the WL will always be "home."

Waiting (im)patiently :rolleyes1 for your next update....

Thank you very much! We are staying at the Beach Club for a couple of days before our cruise this year for our anniversary. I'm sure I will like it, but am worried I will miss WL :sad2:

Hoping to get an update up today :thumbsup2

I was reading your dining reviews and decided to hop over and read your Trip Report!! I love it and all your detail. I am writing one form our trip and I am just not good at it!! :rotfl2: Do you write things down on your trip or do you just have a great memory!!??

I love all your pictures and all your good comments about WL! We were at the Poly and didn't love it like I thought I would and had lunch at WC on our last day and did fall in love with the Wilderness Lodge and booked it THAT DAY for our next trip!!!! :cloud9:

Thanks so much for reading both :goodvibes Thank you for the kind comments as well. To be honest, I don't make any notes except on the food. At each restaurant I made a few small notes on the receipts but that was it. My memory is awful with everything except for Disney :laughing:

I can't wait to hear how much you like WL - as pretty as I think the Poly is I've never been enticed to stay there. Maybe it's just because of the price :confused3 If I remember correctly WL is the least expensive of the deluxe hotels, but (in my opinion) is so much more beautiful and peaceful :littleangel:

Going to check out your TR today - I'm sure it is MUCH better than you say :thumbsup2

I can't believe you got such a good picture of that jellyfish! I tried forever and couldn't get a good one. Also, that turtle that was watching you eat lunch is too cute!

Thanks for reading! Trust me, I can't take any credit for that jellyfish - it was all in the camera ;) For our anniversary last year Candi bought me a new camera and it does so many amazing things - it's almost a year later and I'm still learning new things with it!!

Candi's feet were really bothering him and we were both exhausted so we napped for quite a while. I'm not sure if I mentioned it or not, but Candi has had several major surgeries on his foot, ankle and knee in the last 10 years. He has a metal plate and screws in his ankle and the arch of his foot, so extended walking really bothers him. He's generally alright if he can trade off his shoes so that he alternates the arch support, but I forgot them in our friend's car at the airport :sad2:

After our extended nap time we did our usual boat to the Contemporary then monorail to Epcot to finish our our evening. On the way back to Epcot we talked about maybe doing a Kim Possible mission. Even though they are meant for kids we both thought they looked like tons of fun and since we both love World Showcase, it was kind of perfect for us.

We entered Epcot and made our way to World Showcase

DSC_0483.jpg

I love these little signs, but, unfortunately you can see trouble in the background. Do you see it? No? Look harder! Still no?

DSC_0486.jpg

Now, I know you can see it here ... there was a storm a brewin' and it was threatening to ruin our afternoon/evening plans :sad1:

You would think we would be hightailing it over to our first stop. But, nope! We are a bit dorky and took our time strolling over to World Showcase.

DSC_0489.jpg

Hey look! It's the monorail AND the Epcot ball :rotfl:

Soon enough we made it to World Showcase

DSC_0491.jpg

Even though it hadn't actually started to rain yet, it definitely wasn't looking any better.

DSC_0493.jpg

The good news was you could see an end to the stormy clouds. So we continued on to Mexico, crossing our fingers and hoping for the best. I mean, really, what else can you do anyway?!?

DSC_0494.jpg

DSC_0497.jpg

I'm not kidding, we walked inside and the rain started to come down in buckets!! We were rolling with laughter because we could not believe our luck.

Once inside, we both immediately fell in love with the Mexico pavilion. We had not made it to Mexico or Norway on our honeymoon and had spent the year wondering what we had missed out on.

DSC_0499.jpg

It was definitely packed in there, anybody who was nearby when it started to rain were definitely inside there now. Since we knew we had some time to kill we roamed around looking at all the different things they were selling. I loved the wooden animals that they painted in all the bright colors. They were definitely talented and I debated getting one for my desk at work. In the end I passed, because I figured I could get something similar at home, being from New Mexico and all. As a side note, I have not :sad2: Candi also commented on how pretty the restaurant was and how he wished we would have made reservations there. We had discussed it, but I had read so many bad things about it we decided to pass. I must say, we were regretting our decision now.

After a while we decided to hop in line for the boat ride - sorry, I don't remember the correct name. I'm not sure how long we waited, I know there was a line though because of all the people running inside from the rain.

DSC_0500.jpg

DSC_0501.jpg

This scene cracked me up - I honestly couldn't stop laughing - the people on our boat must have thought I was nuts!

DSC_0503.jpg

After the ride we decided to check out the weather - it was still raining but you could tell it was starting to let up so we just sat by the fountain and waited. We probably waited another five minutes and then the rain cleared and we headed on to Norway.

DSC_0505.jpg

DSC_0507.jpg

I was super excited when I saw the grass roof - I can't remember what special I was watching when I heard about it, but I was excited to see it nonetheless :laughing:

We were also super stoked to see that the skies had cleared up and hoped that was the last of the rain for the day. With that hope we got in line to ride the Viking boats and waited around 20 minutes or so before we got on. Now, we didn't dislike the ride, but we didn't love it either. If we passed by and there wasn't a wait we would definitely go on it again, but we wouldn't go out of our way to ride it either. We bypassed the show at the end of the ride to try to make up some time before dinner. Unfortunately, we quickly learned that was a mistake, right as we went to walk outside it started pouring rain again. We hung out in the gift shop to wait for it to pass and wouldn't you know it, as soon as the show was let out, the rain stopped!

By now it was starting to get really close to our dinner reservation. We had spent over an hour in the Mexico showcase and almost an hour in Norway on top of napping way longer than planned. So the new plan was to make a run through each showcase until we made it to Japan and hopefully put aside a different day to really see the showcases!

DSC_0510.jpg

Oh look, it's the friendship boat and the ball :rotfl:

DSC_0519.jpg

Yay! You can see the sun was forcing it's way back out!!!

DSC_0523.jpg

Hi Germany!

DSC_0524.jpg

Skies are clearing .... WAHOO!!!

Continued next post....

Continued from previous post...

DSC_0525.jpg

Ok, I was literally running when I snapped this picture, but, don't the skies look all pretty now?

DSC_0529.jpg

Candi took a restroom break which gave me enough time for some detail shots!

DSC_0531.jpg

This is one of my favorite shots from that day

We made it to Japan with time to spare. Ok, ok, with a lot of time to spare. Maybe, just maybe, we ran a little too quickly :lmao: Oh well, this gave us a lot of time to do my pick a pearl right? Wrong! There was an entire tour group in line for a pearl so that was also pushed back for another day or maybe after dinner if it was still open.

While we waited to check-in we just relaxed by the lake ... pond? ... lagoon? Not sure what it is :laughing:

DSC_0533.jpg

Candi was really infatuated with this bird and kept waiting to watch him fly. We decided he knew this because he would open his wings a lot and act like he was going to take off but never do it. Little tricky thing :rotfl2:

DSC_0538.jpg

If you look really closely you can see a rainbow ending right over the pyramid. It was really beautiful to see in person!

DSC_0541.jpg

Getting ready for Illuminations! I felt a little sad that we would probably miss it tonight because our dinner reservation was for later than I had hoped.

DSC_0542.jpg

Look, look, he's going to fly ..... but he didn't:rotfl:

DSC_0543.jpg

DSC_0549.jpg

I decided this would be a really pretty spot for Photopass pictures!

DSC_0558.jpg

Yay ... there he goes. Yep, we are dorks!

DSC_0565.jpg

One more Epcot ball picture before we go inside to eat. I call this my artistic shot :rotfl2:

Dinner was at Teppan Edo which we were super stoked about. For our honeymoon they had just finished the renovation and were completely booked up for the week. We love teppan style cooking at couldn't wait to try it here. I will apologize now, I do not have any pictures of this meal. It wasn't that I was embarrassed to take them, but was too lost in our table's conversation and forgot.

We checked in about 15 minutes early for dinner and had to wait about 30 minutes before we were seated. It was crowded in there, we stood the entire wait because there weren't any more chairs and it was even more crowded when we were finally sat. While we waited we heard them turn away several disappointed parties trying to walk up. Based on our experience, I definitely recommend reservations if you want to eat here!

For those of you not familiar you sit at one large table with other guests. I believe each table seats 8 people - 2 on each end and 4 across one side. The table is actually a cooking table top and the chef comes to your table and cooks your food in front of you while putting on a show. It's really neat and incredibly yummy!

We were seated on one of the ends and had two other families at our table. Candi was sitting next to this little boy who was so excited to be at Disney and told us all about his trip and home and everything else. He was so cute, I don't remember his name but he told us when he grew up he was going to open a doughnut shop and name it "A Hole In One" :lmao:

I don't remember the name of our chef but our server was Ayumu and both of them were fantastic. Our chef sang and did all sorts of tricks and to top it off made some really scrumptious food.

Teppan Edo was definitely one of our top three meals!!!

After dinner we walked out to see that Illuminations hadn't finished yet :woohoo: When you leave Teppan Edo you are actually up a flight of stairs and there is a big wrap around patio out there. It ended up being a perfect place to see Illuminations from!

DSC_0570.jpg

DSC_0575.jpg

DSC_0576.jpg

DSC_0586.jpg

DSC_0618.jpg

There weren't any Extra Magic Hours tonight so after Illuminations ended Epcot was all closed up. After our sprint through World Showcase before dinner we decided to take our time that night. I put the camera away and we enjoyed the rest of our time in Epcot just walking together and enjoying each others company. I'm always so focused on capturing every single moment in pictures that I sometimes forget I'm missing out on moments that can't be captured by a camera!

When we made it to the front of the park they still had Photopass photographers and once again, it was Candi's idea to take advantage of them.

Image053.jpg

Image057.jpg

There couldn't have been a more perfect picture to end the night than that one!

Once we made it back to the hotel we visited the gift shop to pick up some batteries for Candi's razor, some moleskin for his blisters and of course, some waters and a tea!

Money Spent Day Three:

Kona Cafe Breakfast - 2 table service credits used - $33.42 if paying cash

Coral Reef Lunch - 2 table service credits used - $92.68 if paying cash

5x7 flying castle photo - $13.80

Camera Strap - $19.17

Teppan Edo Dinner - 2 table service credits used plus $10.12 for sushi sampler (not included on dining plan) - $83.93 total if paying cash

WL Gift Shop (4 pk AA batteries, 3 pk moleskin, 2 Dasani waters and 1 Nestea) - 3 snack credits used plus $10.46 in cash - $18.18 total if paying cash

I love that you captured the series of that bird that refused to fly! It may seem silly to post, but those are the things that make reading TRs really fun. You share more about who you are through those stories as opposed to just the "we-rode-this-then-ate-that" kind of recaps. You two are so cute together! :lovestruc

I think your artistic shot of the ball is a really good one! Love how you used whatever it was to frame the ball. So different than the typical shots, haha, as in the ones I will probably be taking!

Ooo, thanks for posting those prices! The flying castle photo is definitely a doable price, and the camera strap is not expensive like I thought it would be!

When we last left off, many moons ago, Candi was in a super good mood from playing music conductor and promised me we could do anything I wanted to do!

Now, I will admit, I was slightly mischievous about it, I knew he was meaning a ride or food. But, after turning the corner in the Imagination Pavilion, he knew he was regretting his words :rotfl:

I had the choice to do anything I wanted and I wanted to take pictures. Remember, slightly obsessed here ;) But, this wasn't any picture. It wasn't an icon picture or a photopass picture .... this was the most super, duper fun picture in the whole world. I'm not making this up - see for yourself ....

DSC_0529-1.jpg

This picture currently sits on my desk at work and whenever I am feeling stressed or frustrated I look at it and my world feels a little bit better :goodvibes

After taking the picture we decided to head back to the Lodge for an afternoon nap. Candi's feet were really starting to hurt him and we still hadn't been able to find any Crocs in his size. Of course, this wasn't a mad rush off to nap and we took our time making our way out of Epcot.

DSC_0472.jpg

Oh, look at that, you can see "the ball" from over here too :rotfl:

DSC_0473.jpg

We both love all the fountains in this area ... especially how excited all the kids get with them!

While strolling around we stumbled upon Club Cool and were super excited about it. This was something else we had placed on our "must do" list but forgot about it until we accidentally found it!

DSC_0479.jpg

My favorite was definitely the one from China, but Candi was partial to the one from Germany.

DSC_0478.jpg

This was seriously like his fourth cup of the one from Germany. Now, I wasn't mean enough to make him try the Beverly. Ok, I'm mean enough, but I didn't know how to persuade him without laughing and letting him know something was up :rolleyes1 So, I left it alone and told him that I would check and see if they sold bottles of the different types of drinks. Sadly I did not see them .... I think this would be a great idea though!

When I came back to deliver the bad news I saw Candi filling up his little cup with the infamous Italian Soda ----- he was drinking Beverly on his own free will ....

DSC_0477.jpg

:rotfl::lmao::rotfl2::rotfl::lmao::rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

When he saw me laughing he tried to get mad because he realized I knew it was a bad idea. But, all he could do was crack up laughing. After that we each took a cup of our favorite to go and continued our journey to the front gates.

DSC_0474.jpg

Hey - haven't seen that in at least 3 pictures :laughing:

After I took the picture Candi noticed a Photopass guy and offered to take some more pictures. I think he was finally getting into the spirit of "getting our money's worth" :rotfl:

Image046.jpg

We also had to stop and watch the dancing fountains; it still amazes us how they are able to time it all so well. We could truly sit around watching them for hours.

DSC_0481.jpg

After the fountains we had finally made it to the entrance - only 2 hours had passed since we agreed to go take a nap :goodvibes However, right before we left Candi remembered that there was a camera strap I had wanted to buy last year and we forgot all about it. I was shocked he had remembered because I hadn't said anything about it in over a year. But, the next thing I knew he was leading me into the photo store by the front gates to buy my strap.

DSC_0512-1.jpg

To this day, it is my favorite souvenir EVER!!!

After that we actually did leave the park and head back to Wilderness Lodge. The plan was to take a nap and then come back and work our way through World Showcase - starting in Mexico and stopping in Japan for dinner - allowing enough time for me to do the "pick a pearl" thing in the before our dinner reservation.......

I love your pics & updates.........My wife & I had our 35th last Sept & had a BLAST!!!!! and yes we both are Disney Freaks....
I have 2 questions.........What kind of camera do you have?You sem to have some nice clear shots!!
Also The Pic of you 2 flying where was that taken??
Thanks & looking FWD to more

I love that you captured the series of that bird that refused to fly! It may seem silly to post, but those are the things that make reading TRs really fun. You share more about who you are through those stories as opposed to just the "we-rode-this-then-ate-that" kind of recaps. You two are so cute together! :lovestruc

I think your artistic shot of the ball is a really good one! Love how you used whatever it was to frame the ball. So different than the typical shots, haha, as in the ones I will probably be taking!

Ooo, thanks for posting those prices! The flying castle photo is definitely a doable price, and the camera strap is not expensive like I thought it would be!

Thank you so much! I was pretty surprised at how inexpensive the castle photo was. When I saw it posted I was a little nervous when asking the cost :laughing:

I love your pics & updates.........My wife & I had our 35th last Sept & had a BLAST!!!!! and yes we both are Disney Freaks....
I have 2 questions.........What kind of camera do you have?You sem to have some nice clear shots!!
Also The Pic of you 2 flying where was that taken??
Thanks & looking FWD to more

Thank you :goodvibes The camera I have is a Nikon D5000 and I absolutely love it!!!! Even my Husband, who normally has problems getting a clear shot (he shakes a lot when taking pictures) can get some really good pictures when using it :thumbsup2 The castle picture was taken in the Imagination pavilion gift shop. We just happened to stumble upon it after exiting the Figment ride. Thanks for reading!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter