It's official, Ohana menu change

A friend of mine e-mailed and they sent him the same response about how the wings are now an entree, they added a vegetarian appetizer and a new kids' dessert. We are a party of 22 adults. I fail to see what difference the new kids' dessert makes when the issue at hand was the removal of the chicken. :rolleyes:

A friend of mine e-mailed and they sent him the same response about how the wings are now an entree, they added a vegetarian appetizer and a new kids' dessert. We are a party of 22 adults. I fail to see what difference the new kids' dessert makes when the issue at hand was the removal of the chicken. :rolleyes:

It's the new "Disney Magic". Give people less. Make them think they are getting more. Magic!

I am so confused right now. According to their website

"Servers dash between tikis and tropical greenery to bring skewers of oak-grilled shrimp, turkey, sausage and steak to your table, as well as dumplings, stir-fried vegetables, lo mein noodles and salad".

Are they serving pork skewers the same way or has it been replaced with sausage? This is really heart breaking for my DH who booked us a reservation for our wedding anniversary. I loved the chicken and he loved the pork. Not sure that I will eat here for turkey and sausage. I'll save m money and eat a turkey leg

I am so confused right now. According to their website

"Servers dash between tikis and tropical greenery to bring skewers of oak-grilled shrimp, turkey, sausage and steak to your table, as well as dumplings, stir-fried vegetables, lo mein noodles and salad".

Are they serving pork skewers the same way or has it been replaced with sausage? This is really heart breaking for my DH who booked us a reservation for our wedding anniversary. I loved the chicken and he loved the pork. Not sure that I will eat here for turkey and sausage. I'll save m money and eat a turkey leg

Disney's website information was written on the Commdore 64. Though the site itself has been spruced up over the years, most of the original information was never changed.

Exactly. Especially when they already had another kids dessert to begin with.

I love that they keep bringing up that the wings will now be part of the entree, as if that's supposed to soften the blow. It's not as if you couldn't get as many wings as you wanted when they were an appetizer.

No doubt - Disney is very odd when it comes to putting the "spin" on bad things they do.

Am i the only one who got an actual phone call about my feedback? I feel special..lol! Maybe there was just too many people who complained to respond personally to everyone.

BTW a friend on the disboards ate here tonight and she said they didn't have chicken but made her chicken but after this week they aren't doing special orders.

BTW a friend on the disboards ate here tonight and she said they didn't have chicken but made her chicken but after this week they aren't doing special orders.

Ughhhh. My husband is REALLY leaning on me to cancel this meal now. It's always been one of my favorites, but I feel like a jerk making him eat here now that one of the few things he will eat has been taken off the menu. :(

I am going to ohana in a couple of weeks. The range for the price is 30-60. How do i know what the meal is going to cost per person. That is a huge range.

We were there at the end of March and paid 37.99 per person plus tax and tip.

Disney's website information was written on the Commdore 64. Though the site itself has been spruced up over the years, most of the original information was never changed.

:rotfl2: That may explain all the issues with MDE!

Cantoine, the turkey and sausages are from years ago. The pork is still being offered. Only the chicken was removed. Defies logic, really. I'm with Sonofanarchy, another example of getting less for what will no doubt cost more in the coming months.:(

The only options the had last night was chicken, pork, steak and shrimp. No turkey or sausage. They started with salad, then had dumplings and wings, noddles and then the skewers.

And another classic restaurant bites the dust, join the HM graveyard with Cali Grill. IMO

The only options the had last night was chicken, pork, steak and shrimp. No turkey or sausage. They started with salad, then had dumplings and wings, noddles and then the skewers.
If that's all they had where is this new vegetarian option?? I'm sad to see chicken go since that is the meat I mainly ate.

Also they are stating the chicken wing will he the main part of this dish when it's still under apps. Sooo to me it seems they are just giving a generic message in hopes that those things would make you happy but not realizing that a lot of people have eaten here before and are not stupid. At least give a reason such as not as popular as the others.

I got the same generic msg:

Dear Ms. Walker,

Thank you for your message regarding menu changes at 'Ohana at Disney's
Polynesian Resort.

We are sorry for your disappointment with our menu change. We're glad
you've had enjoyable dining experiences at 'Ohana in the past. We
periodically evaluate our offerings and make changes based on feedback
from our Guests. Our goal is to provide new and unique items along with
our Guest's favorites. As you may know, 'Ohana will continue to offer
pork, beef, and shrimp skewers. Chicken skewers will no longer be
offered. Instead, chicken wings, a popular favorite will now be offered
as an entrée. We've also added a new vegetarian appetizer and a child's
dessert.

Again, our Guests' feedback as well as their continued enthusiasm for
our products and services, is very important to us. Please know that
your comments have been taken seriously and shared with the appropriate
Leadership Team.

We genuinely appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts with us
and hope you will return to try these new offerings.

Sincerely,

DorisAnne Bauer
Guest Experience Services
Walt Disney World Resort

Original Message Follows:
------------------------

I was extremely disappointed to hear about the recent menu change at
'Ohana. Specifically, I am speaking of the removal of poultry as an
option for the skewers. 'Ohana is one do our favourite restaurants. I
do not eat pork, beef or shrimp so the removal of chicken means we will
no longer be able to dine there. This is a huge disappointment to me as
I love the atmosphere and everything else about the restaurant, but the
cost cannot be justified to only eat noodles, salad and chicken wings.
I truly hope management will reconsider their decision and add a poultry
option back to the menu.

Yours truly,
Jessica Walker

I think I will send an email too. I usually don't get involved in this type of stuff, but based on my last meal at 'Ohana in March, it won't be on my must do restaurant list anymore. The pork tasted funny and the steak was practically raw (all five of us adults did not eat the pieces put on our plates). Everyone liked the shrimp but I don't like any kind of seafood so that was out for me. The chicken was my favorite. Exchanging wings for the grilled chicken doesn't cut it for me. I have never been a fan of chicken wings. Plus they are messy to eat. I much prefer dipping my grilled chicken in the sauces with my fork.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter