IT'S OFFICIAL!!!****OCTOBER 2014****...ROLL CALL!! Join the party!

Unfortunately, already being booked does not increase your chances of getting in on the deal. Disney only allots a certain number of rooms at each included resort for each offer they put out. In fact, if many people book in hopes of FD being released, it actually hurts their chances. If resorts/room types are booked well, they will be excluded from the offer when it is released. My advice is to book in advance of the deal if A) You want a popular room category (i.e. a LM room at AoA, a royal room at POR, any room at POFQ) and B) you will go on the trip with or without a deal. The thinking of "if free dining doesn't come out, I will cancel my reservation." is self defeating. If someone isn't going without a discount, they should not book until the offer is released. I hope all of that makes sense. I'm Dis-ing and watching basketball at the same time. :rotfl2:

Thank you. I actually want to upgrade to royal rooms but not sure if I should wait to do it at once with free dining offer, and I'm concerned if they excluded this room then I will be stuck... We are going either way, so our rooms have been booked since Feb. We have that memory maker packet which I don't want but they gave us. That will be removed.

Thank you. I actually want to upgrade to royal rooms but not sure if I should wait to do it at once with free dining offer, and I'm concerned if they excluded this room then I will be stuck... We are going either way, so our rooms have been booked since Feb. We have that memory maker packet which I don't want but they gave us. That will be removed.

Unfortunately, Memory Maker is nonrefundable. Even though you technically didn't "pay" for it, you still "bought" it. I would expect them to charge you $150 if you try to switch deals. It is a great product, though. We buy it every year and would never not get it.

ETA: just read in another thread that as long as you cancel or switch your mm package prior to 45 days out, and before you pay in full, you can without being stuck with MM. It only shows up on your MDE account at that time.

Add us to the list of excited Disney visitors...Oct. 14 - Oct 20 at POR. This is our 2nd October visit and we will be bringing my parents this time. It will be their first stay on site. Hoping to go to MNSSHP on 10/19. Still in planning stages so that we fit in everyone's must-do for 4 adults and 2 children. Let the fun begin!

Waiting, waiting... I have to make only my 4 ADRs Thursday.
I am not hopeful for BOG, but hope to get CP pre park opening, hope 8 am or close to it. I am making Akersush for friend and her DD also, the next day.
I know I should be happy to not need to really plan a lot, its easier with a few trips under our belt but its sort of disappointing with nothing to do. :scratchin
I do need to buy park tix but no rush. This trip will be different then past two.

Starting to second guess MNSSHP but kids are excited so I cant change it. We arent big on M&G or parties so I worry if we should have left it as a second night to focus on rides. I am going to try to relax and enjoy the dance parties but I get anxious standing for things like that instead of getting to attractions

Checking in!!! I have been lurking on the forums for a while now....DH and I will be driving from just south of Chicago to POR with our three kids (DS-9, DD-6, DD-5) on Oct 24th!!!! We will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary and it will be the kids first time!!! It's my first time planning a Disney trip and man there is so much to decide.

Checking in!!! I have been lurking on the forums for a while now....DH and I will be driving from just south of Chicago to POR with our three kids (DS-9, DD-6, DD-5) on Oct 24th!!!! We will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary and it will be the kids first time!!! It's my first time planning a Disney trip and man there is so much to decide.

:welcome:

Are you booked with a room and ticket package?

Ugh, ADR's today and the website was down for "enhancements". Even calling in at 7am, they were down as well. Finally came back around 8:10am. Got everything I wanted, except BOG on our first day which was no surprise. I ended up getting a 4:15 time for our last full day instead, which I just want to go in and see it and get some greystuff as we have Ohana booked at 6:45pm that day (Yes, Ohana over BOG). Although I may just end up cancelling BOG and just hope for lunch. This restaurant is just too much work/stress.:scared: lol

Ugh, ADR's today and the website was down for "enhancements". Even calling in at 7am, they were down as well. Finally came back around 8:10am. Got everything I wanted, except BOG on our first day which was no surprise. I ended up getting a 4:15 time for our last full day instead, which I just want to go in and see it and get some greystuff as we have Ohana booked at 6:45pm that day (Yes, Ohana over BOG). Although I may just end up cancelling BOG and just hope for lunch. This restaurant is just too much work/stress.:scared: lol

I agree! Wanted dinner so badly, that I check daily hoping they will release more times for our party. Maybe we will get lucky as it gets closer to our trip, pixie dust!

We have finally officially booked, so I am joining in!! We are coming back down October 29th - November 3 for our first MNSSHP and POFQ!! Free dining would have been nice, but it would have meant switching resorts and upgrading our room (most likely to a RR for availability), which pretty much made the BB offer a better deal with a LOT less stress. :thumbsup2

We booked back in December. Going 10/4 - 10/11.

Our 7yo DD's first trip!

My first trip was around the same age, back in 1976/78 timeframe. I remember the Epcot ball was about half way built. We stayed at the Contemporary, park view. We are doing the same for DD!! Can't wait!

Just finished up all dining reservations. Some already full!! I am seriously hoping that there will be a FD offering during our stay. That would be very helpful!

My last visit was back around 1996 or so with my Wife. Haven't been since.

So looking forward to this trip! I haven't been to any of the parks outside of MK, so It will be a treat for all!

179 days and counting!

10/29 - 11/6
Wilderness Lodge

Soooooo excited and the kids have no idea we are going! Hoping to keep it a surprise until the airport car comes to pick us up! :cool1:

Booked our 2nd birthday surprise trip for our DD. Going October 2-6, and we are staying at the Beach Club Villas this time! Can't wait to do a 10th birthday surprise! We just booked our ADR's and BBB for DD birthday! We went two years ago for her 8th birthday, and had a BBB appt at downtown Disney with an ADR a few hours later with the princesses at Akershus. Of course, the BBB appts were running behind, and then a downpour started. We had to start heading back to Epcot to make the princess dinner, and our sweet little girl was okay with canceling her BBB appt. everything she got done there would have been ruined by the rain. We felt sooo bad, naturally! This time, our BBB appt is at Cindy's castle, on her birthday, and then we will head to dinner and do MNSSHP! Just can't wait!

So, in trying to get BOG reservations...we are having no luck! Guess we'll just keep checking. We really are trying to get there for DD's birthday dinner, and then start the MNSSHP! Right now we have an ADR for CRT. I am so curious though, because some have no troubles getting in to BOG. we were on at 6 am when they opened the ADR's. So disappointing! However, silver lining is, if we just don't get in, we'll just have to plan another trip!!

Okay! I just added about a zillion of you fellow October travelers! :p

Here's one giant welcome!!

pixiedust:pixiedust:pixiedust:

Monday was first day to book ADRs, and I was able to get all that I wanted (including CRT), except for the elusive BOG. Will hope for FP lunch there but won't stress if we don't get it.

So, in trying to get BOG reservations...we are having no luck! Guess we'll just keep checking. We really are trying to get there for DD's birthday dinner, and then start the MNSSHP! Right now we have an ADR for CRT. I am so curious though, because some have no troubles getting in to BOG. we were on at 6 am when they opened the ADR's. So disappointing! However, silver lining is, if we just don't get in, we'll just have to plan another trip!!
Honestly, I think your DD will enjoy CRT over BOG anyways! Are you doing CRT after your BBB appointment? If you don't end up getting BOG for dinner try for lunch! Happy birthday to your DD... So happy that she's going to get her BBB appointment after having to miss it last time!!

Monday was first day to book ADRs, and I was able to get all that I wanted (including CRT), except for the elusive BOG. Will hope for FP lunch there but won't stress if we don't get it.
Just curious as to when your dates were? Did you try every day of your trip for BOG? My ADRs start Friday and I too am hoping for dinner at BOG... But it sounds like it's still such a hard to get ADR!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter