It's kind of fun to do the impossible - Disney with a 1 month old *new 2/13/15*

I'm just starting to jump into your TR!

I know Max Rebo and his band, of course. He is my second favorite alien elephant, following Hooter from Captain EO. I always wondered if those 2 kind of influenced each other's creation.

Just out of curiosity, was your daughter's name influenced by Emma from Once Upon a Time at all? I love that show.

Your report looks really good so far and I'm excited to catch up pixiedust:

:welcome: Thanks for joining Rachel!

That's a fair though - I am sure there is some (be it direct or indirect) relationship between the two aliens

and speaking of direct/indirect ... we definitely didn't specifically name Emma after the character on Once Upon a Time or Emma Pillsbury from Glee or anything, but I am sure hearing the name a lot while we watched those shows (and other characters or people) may have helped us think of it.

So, I just realized I've been reading along and really enjoying your TR this whole time and NEVER commented. I have to be better about this. Hello :wave2:

I'm really enjoying reading about your trip. I love your BLT view. I dream of someday staying there.
All your dining reviews have been great (and delicious looking!).

I"m also loving seeing traveling with small children. My littlest will be around 17 months when we go, but it's still great to read about the adjustments you have to make with a little one in tow.

Thanks!

Hellow :wave2: Thanks for joining the fun!

To be honest I always thought that view would just be a dream too but things just worked out with the discounts, etc. Definitely was great to get to experience it

Definitely feel that the food is a big part of a Disney trip (well, at least our Disney trips) so try to capture that via the dining review heavy trip reports

If you have some time to kill, my last trip report was from last October when Peter was about 20 months old, so that might help too. Kids at any age are fun - but was cool to see Peter open up with the characters this trip vs. being so afraid of them last trip which was only like 8 months previous

I really want to try Garden Grill. I adore Living with the Land and I love Mickey in his overalls!! The food sounds good, too!!

I've also never met Tink, and her M&G area looks so cute!

I absolutely love the picture of Ariel and Emma! Adorable.

Big Hero 6 just made me so happy. So for those keeping score, courtesy of Disney and Marvel... in the last year I've fallen in love with a snowman, a dancing tree, and a big walking marshmallow!! Haha.

Not gonna lie, if looks could kill, you'd have been a puddle on the ground after suggesting ice cream before photos in the matching shirts if I were Judi!!! :lmao: I'm glad you were able to spot a photographer without major meltdowns from the kids. And hey, it's a funny story to tell later. :thumbsup2

WOW, that has to be one of the prettiest Ariels I have ever seen! Great character meet!

I really want to try Garden Grill. I adore Living with the Land and I love Mickey in his overalls!! The food sounds good, too!!

I've also never met Tink, and her M&G area looks so cute!

I absolutely love the picture of Ariel and Emma! Adorable.

Big Hero 6 just made me so happy. So for those keeping score, courtesy of Disney and Marvel... in the last year I've fallen in love with a snowman, a dancing tree, and a big walking marshmallow!! Haha.

Sue, I think you would really enjoy the Garden Grill! Good food, Farmer Mickey, getting to see all the parts (indoor parts at least) of Living with the Land ... seems right up your alley!

It's a very cute M&G area for Tink and they do this little ceremony beforehad with twinkly lights and stuff that is supposed to be when you are shrunk down to fairy size - very fun

Thank you - I think that picture of Ariel with Emma is one of my favorites from the trip :goodvibes

Yeah, Disney has a way with anthropomorphic characters ... also a way of making sad animated movies. Saw a story recently ranking Disney movies by level of sadness. Big Hero 6 was pretty high given given all the kid lost

Not gonna lie, if looks could kill, you'd have been a puddle on the ground after suggesting ice cream before photos in the matching shirts if I were Judi!!! :lmao: I'm glad you were able to spot a photographer without major meltdowns from the kids. And hey, it's a funny story to tell later. :thumbsup2

WOW, that has to be one of the prettiest Ariels I have ever seen! Great character meet!

In my defense, the family picture was my idea to begin with ... but yeah, definitely had a brain fart moment there

It was a great meet with Ariel - so welcoming to the kids and obviously takes a good picture. Or as Rob says, she was perfect ;)

I fell a little behind, but am all caught up now! I love that Peter was spinning you guys around on Buzz Lightyear. Rory did the same thing and we felt sick afterwards, he just kept spinning and spinning.

It must have been hard to pack up and leave that awesome MK view!

The family photos in front of the castle came out well - good call on doing that BEFORE the ice cream. Especially with how hot it was that day!

Tangled Tinkle Tower - hahahahah:rotfl2:

I fell a little behind, but am all caught up now! I love that Peter was spinning you guys around on Buzz Lightyear. Rory did the same thing and we felt sick afterwards, he just kept spinning and spinning.

It must have been hard to pack up and leave that awesome MK view!

The family photos in front of the castle came out well - good call on doing that BEFORE the ice cream. Especially with how hot it was that day!

Tangled Tinkle Tower - hahahahah:rotfl2:

We definitely got almost sick from Peter spinning - I did reach out and grab the control from him at times to keep it still a bit - otherwise we wouldn't have been able to shoot anything! :lmao:

Definitely was hard to leave the room and the view ... though it definitely helped knowing we were going to MK and trying to get to FP+ and stuff so at least we were headed somewhere and not just the airport or something

Thank you - while not the "perfect family photo" I was hoping for I think they are a good representation of our trip and glad we took them

;) :thumbsup2

Part 33 - Rained on my parade​

I wanted to get another update in before the weekend (which will be busy for me) and then next week is Thanksgiving and yada, yada, yada (though, not meaning that in the Seinfeld way)

Also, this will be the last real update covering the Disney portion of the trip - though I will have a few more recap ones and one when I actually post the video that I am now done editing ... a.k.a. don't stop reading after this update ;)

Also, today is happy 4 month birthday for Emma!

At this point of the day we wanted to find a spot for watching the Festival of Fantasy parade as that was a key thing we wanted to do and we had watched the parade online many times but never seen it live. It was probably about 2 / 2:15 at this point and the plan was to find a spot and then go get food and eat said food while waiting for the parade.

However, complicating matters was that it had started raining. Hard. But it is Florida and these things tend to pass and the parade was key to us so we found a spot anyway. We camped out in front of the Hall of Presidents at what I think is a good spot as there was a low wall for us to sit on, some shelter behind, and just wasn't really enough room for it to get crazy crowded.

After getting settled I went off in search of food - and Peter insisted on coming along. We wanted to try the waffle sandwiches served at the Sleepy Hallow - we tried to get them last trip but apparently they stop selling them at 5pm so we had missed out ... wasn't going to let that happen again.

While on line the rain really picked up and it was becoming hard to chase after Peter while waiting for our food and at some point I gave up and just started taking pictures:

13af5a89-dabb-4876-9c7a-086c3a05913b.jpg

and video:

Peter%20in%20rain.gif

Eventually I was able to secure our lunch - which was a Sweet & Spicy Chicken Waffle that had slaw on it as well. This was really tasty but kind of a mess to eat - especially while waiting for the parade, in the rain, chasing after kids. I think I would have liked it better if we were sitting calmly at a table or something - really fell apart when trying to eat it like a sandhich ... but tasted really good!

02_Wafflesandwich.jpg

I also got a coffee float - which was as yummy as it sounds (assuming you like the sound of ice cream and coffee):

a1036c0c-46bd-4d97-bd23-064243bc7cf3.jpg

By about quarter to 3pm the sky really cleared up and everyone was getting hopeful the Festival of Fantasy would go on:
b8e7eaee-b91d-47ae-a7ba-2a0a37a1de29.jpg

Judi took this opportunity to go and use the bathrooms across the road and change Emma. Then at about 5 minutes to 3pm we hear the announcement that due to the inclement weather the Festival of Fantasy parade was canceled and they would instead be presenting the Rainy Day Cavalcade.

But, but, but ... it's not raining and is in fact getting very sunny!

48zgi.gif

We were all pretty bummed about this - and to make things even worse, the cavalcade actually started early and because of this Judi hadn't made it back yet and they wouldn't let her cross the road

On the bright side (pun intended) I have actually wanted to see the Rainy Day Cavalcade (just not at the expense of seeing Festival of Fantasy for the first time) and they have started using this super catchy music for it - which later research informed me is a remix of the Countdown to Fun music that was used in the Pixar parade.

05_Calvacadebanner.jpg

Also was this very cute part where Minnie and Daisey give each other a high-ten:

Minnie%20and%20Daisy%20in%20CP.gif

I realized I took video of the Cavalcade so I uploaded it to Youtube for your enjoyment - and the music will definitely cheer you up if you're having a tough day. Plus the entire thing from start to finish is 1 minute and 8 seconds, so won't take up too much of your day. (click on the picture to go to Youtube):

The other bright part of this was that it ultimately led to one of my most memorable experiences ever at Disney World.

As mentioned, not only had the rain stopped but the sun had come out in full force. As Judi was stuck on the other side of the road she was right in the direct sunlight with Emma. If you look closely at the video you can actually see Judi and Emma on the other side of the road and you can also see a Photopass Photographer who is standing next to them and is holding up the changing pad Judi had with her to help keep the sun off of Emma. I captured a still from the video showing this:

06_ScreenGrabofJudionothersideofroad.jpg

Her name was Kimberly and Judi brought her over so I could say thank you. When she came over she noticed that Olivia was sad because the Festival of Fantasy parade was canceled. Kimberly then spent about the next 10 minutes cheering Olivia up and reminding her how she is still in Disney World and there will be other times to watch the parade, etc.

07_OliviaandKimberly1.jpg
08_OliviaandKimberly2.jpg

I just really appreciated the time she took as this was now two times she enhance our visit - neither of which involved her taking pictures (which was, you know, her specific job). Once we got home I send Disney a note letting them know how we felt she went above and beyond and made our trip better and I am happy to say that I got a note back from them that they will be sure to recognize this with her.

(continued next post)

Part 34 - See Ya Real Soon​

After all of that excitement we figured we had time for an attraction or two before heading out as the rain had subsided (for now ... duh, duh, duh-duh) - plus, I had to get a picture of Peter in front of the Haunted Mansion wearing his Batman/HM Stretching Room Painting shirt:

fe8d46d5-0a9c-477a-8dec-0ed9b83a5e19.jpg

He wasn't really cooperating there, but I did then manage to get one near the bust statues while in the queue for the ride with a slightly mischievous look on his face:

10_PeterbystatuebyHM.jpg

The kids had fun with the interactive elements in the queue:

11_KidsinHMqueue.jpg

We had less fun on line once we got to the inside part to get into the actual doom buggies as someone's, um, lunch had come back from the great beyond and they had to stop the ride and reroute the line, etc.

And while pictures on this ride are a bit of a challenge, since it's "picture or it didn't happen" here is the best I got:

12_HMBride.jpg

Last year neither kid really liked this ride and while I don't think I would call it their favorite now either, Olivia did much better and like the hitchhiking ghost effect at the end. So, baby steps.

After this fun with our Ghost Host, we decided to go get some more Dole Whips while we could. And Olivia found she enjoyed making her own version of a Dole Whip float which was to pour chocolate milk over the vanilla soft serve:

13_DoleWhips.jpg

8fa81777-c40c-4774-87d9-dfc7756c8bb6.jpg

While we were eating our treat in that little gazebo type space next to Aloha Island the rain returned with a vengeance and the wind was really whipping up - so we were kinda stuck there for a bit.

Since she could see it from where we were and had never been on it, when things died down a little bit Olivia talked be into venturing out to go on the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House:

15_Treehousesign.jpg

57238087-5ba0-4bf7-8770-56e2ad168e42.jpg

It had been years since I had been on this and it was fun to explore it with Olivia. I also enjoy the view you can get from up top:

17_viewfromtreehouse.jpg

After our return it was decided that we were just done and would deal with the rain on our way out:

18_walkinrain.jpg

19_seeyarealsoonsign.jpg

After, we took the monorail back to the Contemporary, returned our rented stroller to the bell stand and got in our car to drive to the hotel by the airport for the night.

Next update I'll cover the trip home (in brief) and post the trip video

TTFN

Awww :bday: Emma

:rotfl2: Well that is the old saying... If you can't keep up with him... Film him.

AHHHH NOOOOOO the exact same thing happened to me!!! Rain until before the parade and then... Cancelled. That's more depressing than if it had just kept on raining. At least then you don't get your hopes up. Thankfully I did have another day. So sorry you missed it.

I'm glad you at least enjoyed the Rainy Day Cavalcade. But wow did they ever shorten it. It used to actually have some substance to it and many of the characters actually roamed free. I was not impressed with this version.

I love that CM story. That's the reason I made Thank You cards to begin with. So great of you to recognize her. :goodvibes

Hmmmm I'm kinda digging Olivia's float. I also have a feeling Disney will soon be serving said float.

Stupid rain. I'll be honest though. I don't mind it quite as much on departure day. It makes leaving a teeny bit easier. But just a teeny bit.

While on line the rain really picked up and it was becoming hard to chase after Peter while waiting for our food and at some point I gave up and just started taking pictures

OMG this is so cute! He is just having a blasty blast in the rain!!! :love:

Also was this very cute part where Minnie and Daisey give each other a high-ten:

Wouldn't that technically be a "high-eight"?? ;) :lmao:

Really though, that's such a bummer that you missed FoF. On your last day. When it wasn't even raining. :facepalm: However, that CM is just excellent for both shading the baby, and for cheering up Olivia! I love encountering great CM's like that. :goodvibes

I love Olivia's idea for the chocolate milk float! :thumbsup2 Smart little cookie. You are killing me with all the great snacks in this update.

Looking forward to the video!

Okay wow, I fell behind. I dunno how. I apologize. So be prepared for all the comments!

Wow, very awesome gifs, looks like it was a good time at the Disney on Ice. I do see the Frozen overhall ;)

Someday you'll get to see EtwB, I'm sure of it.

Very cute meets with Tink and Buzz.

You did get a decent picture in front of the Castle so that's relaly all that matters, right?

Ice cream is always a good idea, especially when it's super hot.

At least you managed to get Emma in, even if it wasn't the easiest task.

Ooops, no FoF but at least you did get to see the Rainy Day Cavalcade without it actually having to rain. So that's a plus.

Kimberly sounds like a total sweetie. How awesome.

Eeek, not fun that someone didn't keep their lunch, but HM is always a good choice so...

More ice cream! I'm getting jealous and wanting ice cream.

:( Leaving is the worst part.

This is such a great view! I love it. I tried for this view on one of my last trips, but I don't think it turned out like this. :confused3

Happy B-day Emma!

OK - I learned something new today. I had no idea there was a rainy day cavalcade. That's actually pretty cool. Bummer about the parade being canceled since it was obviously nice out about 10 minutes later.

I hate to see a great trip come to the end, but I am sure that staying at the airport for the night must have made the transition a bit easier.

Happy 4 months, Emma! Time flies, doesn't it?

I like the video of Peter running around in the rain, so cute. I bet I'll be seeing a similar version of that in my future.

The waffle sandwich from Sleepy Hollow looked good - I hear you on the fact that it would have tasted better if you could have relaxed while eating it though.

Too bad that you didn't get to see the FoF parade. We missed it as well, but due to nap time, not the rain. I've never heard of the Rainy Day parade they do, at least you got to see that even if it was super short.

That castmember really did go out of her way to help - I'm glad that Disney was going to recognize her. :thumbsup2

I'm sad the TR is almost over :(

wow I really have been gone for awhile this time. I am going to coaching my son's football team right in to taking them to the tumbling/trapoline classes and competitions. top it all off with boy scouts and these leaves very little time for Disney Dreaming. So here I am playing catch up once again.

Epcot OMG Epcot!!!! I could spend every single day at Disney at Epcot alone. Of course Magic Kingdom is right up there wit hEpcot for me personally.

Pizza Panini, creme brulee, strawberry shortcake!!!! Wow the urge to go back to Epcot has just got sronger!!!

I just got to ride Space Ship Earth for the very first time back in October on my bussiness trip. Not only did I ride it once but three times!!! I too attempted to get some good pictures. A very hard task indeed!

Your meets and greets with both Belle and Snow white look very enjoyable. Sooo much fun for the kids and to let you in on a little secret I am now hooked on meets and greets!!!

The desert from L'Artisan looks to die for!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE the oictures of Disney On Ice!!! I would love to go see that. May have to talk the boys into going.

As I stated before I love the meets and greets but I have to say Tink was one of my favorites. More so because of the room then her though. I nearly got kicked out because I spent sooooo much time looking at the detail of that room!!! Was this the first time your kids met her?

Got to love your Space Ranger pics!!! You look sooooo serious:rotfl:

I see I have one other item to add to my list and that is the Mickey Ice Cream Cones!! They look so good and really cute as well. I did get a chuckle out of your family pick at the castle. Boy do I feel your pain. Trying to get everyone to smile in the heat of a long day with kids can be very hard.

I just love your Ariel pictures!!! She looked perfect!!!! How fun for the kido's

The little Mermaid ride is actually one of my favorites. Although I never did try it with an infant.

So sad when everyone gets to there last day. I am curious on how you family will handle the "Disney Blues" as I like to call it.

WOW so sorry for being long winded. Been gone way to long this time!

Huh, I had no idea there was a Rainy Day Cavalcade either! I'm sorry that you missed the Festival of Fantasy Parade for it, but glad you got to see something new! :thumbsup2 In fact, I would say that's Izzy's kind of parade - short and brimming with characters! :rotfl:

How great that you had such a nice CM helping your girls out! :goodvibes For what it's worth, if you ever find yourself at Aulani, we were impressed at how great the CMs were, in general. I don't think there were any bad apples there.

Mmmm, I like Olivia's chocolate float idea! :thumbsup2

Sad the trip is almost over, but looking forward to the video!

Awww :bday: Emma

:rotfl2: Well that is the old saying... If you can't keep up with him... Film him.

AHHHH NOOOOOO the exact same thing happened to me!!! Rain until before the parade and then... Cancelled. That's more depressing than if it had just kept on raining. At least then you don't get your hopes up. Thankfully I did have another day. So sorry you missed it.

I'm glad you at least enjoyed the Rainy Day Cavalcade. But wow did they ever shorten it. It used to actually have some substance to it and many of the characters actually roamed free. I was not impressed with this version.

I love that CM story. That's the reason I made Thank You cards to begin with. So great of you to recognize her. :goodvibes

Hmmmm I'm kinda digging Olivia's float. I also have a feeling Disney will soon be serving said float.

Stupid rain. I'll be honest though. I don't mind it quite as much on departure day. It makes leaving a teeny bit easier. But just a teeny bit.

Ah Rob it really did get to that point with Peter ... plus I figured it would make for a good memory too :goodvibes

That is how we felt - when it was crazy rain, like, ok they can't have the parade but then when it cleared up we started to get our hopes up - just for them to be dashed. I get they probably need time to get everything ready to go and there wasn't enough time for that, but still a buzz kill as we are yet to see the new parade

I spent some time on Youtube looking at cavalcade videos (mostly to try and figure out what song was being played) and even in recent videos I saw different versions/lengths, so maybe it depends on how rainy it is or what else is going on :confused3

The interaction with Kimberly definitely did turn a not so great moment into a really positive memory - so trying to look on the bright side of things.

haha - I could see them start offering those floats ... and in exchange all I ask for is lifetime tickets to all Disney parks for the entire family. Seems reasonable right? ;)

The rain and wind definitely made it easier to leave the park, so you are right there Rob ... and considering that was really the only bad weather we had (other than the heat) really can't complain

OMG this is so cute! He is just having a blasty blast in the rain!!! :love:

Wouldn't that technically be a "high-eight"?? ;) :lmao:

Really though, that's such a bummer that you missed FoF. On your last day. When it wasn't even raining. :facepalm: However, that CM is just excellent for both shading the baby, and for cheering up Olivia! I love encountering great CM's like that. :goodvibes

I love Olivia's idea for the chocolate milk float! :thumbsup2 Smart little cookie. You are killing me with all the great snacks in this update.

Looking forward to the video!

Yeah, Peter definitely wasn't letting the raid get him down! ... and I guess you would be right - a high-8 it is!

very bummed to have missed the new parade - especially with all the rave reviews it is getting ... but just another reason to go back. And having the CM experience we did afterward almost makes it worth it, and actually made for an even better memory

The MK really does have a lot of nice snack options that we tried to take advantage of.

Video coming up before Thanksgiving, promise :thumbsup2

Okay wow, I fell behind. I dunno how. I apologize. So be prepared for all the comments!

OK, I am all ready Amber, bring it on ;)

Wow, very awesome gifs, looks like it was a good time at the Disney on Ice. I do see the Frozen overhall ;)

Someday you'll get to see EtwB, I'm sure of it.

Very cute meets with Tink and Buzz.

You did get a decent picture in front of the Castle so that's relaly all that matters, right?

Ice cream is always a good idea, especially when it's super hot.

Thanks - we definitely enjoyed Frozen on Ice (which seems like more words than is necessary, like it's already Frozen, do we need to specify Ice?)

I do hope to someday see the door effect and the rest of ETwB - definitely not something I want to force Olivia to do though

Both Buzz and Tink weren't big M&G I was planning before the trip but they both turned out to be great ones, so I was glad about that. Seems like we have at least one of those each trip which is great (previous trip it was the meet with Tiana and Naveen that exceeded my expectations)

Yes, I agree, we got at least a decent family picture so can't really complain ... and we got so many great pictures throughout the trip, that I really, really can't complain :goodvibes

Yes, Ice Cream can definitely brighten moods - especially when it is so hot out!

At least you managed to get Emma in, even if it wasn't the easiest task.

Ooops, no FoF but at least you did get to see the Rainy Day Cavalcade without it actually having to rain. So that's a plus.

Kimberly sounds like a total sweetie. How awesome.

Eeek, not fun that someone didn't keep their lunch, but HM is always a good choice so...

More ice cream! I'm getting jealous and wanting ice cream.

:( Leaving is the worst part.

It was a bit tricky to try and arrange Emma properly - especially as we were trying to figure it out quickly as we were on the ride and it was moving :rotfl:

It was definitely a mixed bag as I actually really wanted to see the Cavalcade at some point ... just not at the expense of my first Festival of Fantasy viewing

Definitely having that interaction with Kimberly helped improve things as well

I know! After this post I really felt the need to go eat some ice cream! ;)

Leaving is definitely tough - but I think the rain and wind made it a little easier

This is such a great view! I love it. I tried for this view on one of my last trips, but I don't think it turned out like this. :confused3

Happy B-day Emma!

OK - I learned something new today. I had no idea there was a rainy day cavalcade. That's actually pretty cool. Bummer about the parade being canceled since it was obviously nice out about 10 minutes later.

I hate to see a great trip come to the end, but I am sure that staying at the airport for the night must have made the transition a bit easier.

I knew there was a good view from the treehouse but wasn't sure exactly where, so I was glad to find it! Especially with dodging the rain a bit and keeping track of Olivia

I knew there was some such thing as the rainy day parade, but wasn't sure exactly what it was ... was glad to get to see it - just didn't want it at the expense of see the Festival of Fantasy parade for the first time!

Yeah, we had a nice evening that night - got settled in for the night and prep for the flight and had a nice dinner out too. .... still sad to see the trip come to an end though

Happy 4 months, Emma! Time flies, doesn't it?

I like the video of Peter running around in the rain, so cute. I bet I'll be seeing a similar version of that in my future.

The waffle sandwich from Sleepy Hollow looked good - I hear you on the fact that it would have tasted better if you could have relaxed while eating it though.

Too bad that you didn't get to see the FoF parade. We missed it as well, but due to nap time, not the rain. I've never heard of the Rainy Day parade they do, at least you got to see that even if it was super short.

That castmember really did go out of her way to help - I'm glad that Disney was going to recognize her. :thumbsup2

I'm sad the TR is almost over :(

Time definitely goes fast! And looking back at the pictures and video from the trip it is amazing how fast she has grown and you can see she looks so different from the trip

I am glad we got to try the waffle sandwich but especially with the slaw it just was super messy to try to eat while waiting for the parade/trying to stay dry/trying to keep track of the kids

Definitely bummed to miss FoF but oh well - at least we did see the cavalcade which I had never seen, so it was something. A short something, but something :lmao:

I was glad to get the note back from Disney that they had received my note about Kimberly and that it seemed they appreciated it. :goodvibes

I know! I really would like to stretch it out a bit longer but it is what it is. It's been fun and helped to relive the trip a bit

Wow, seems like you guys got a lot done on departure day!

Great pics of you all in your Mickey attire. Definitely frame- worthy.

Dole whips are my favorite!

I know the feeling about the FOF parade! I wish Kimberly would have been there to cheer me up. Lol! How sweet!

wow I really have been gone for awhile this time. I am going to coaching my son's football team right in to taking them to the tumbling/trapoline classes and competitions. top it all off with boy scouts and these leaves very little time for Disney Dreaming. So here I am playing catch up once again.

Wow, I am tired just reading your task list!

Epcot OMG Epcot!!!! I could spend every single day at Disney at Epcot alone. Of course Magic Kingdom is right up there wit hEpcot for me personally.

Pizza Panini, creme brulee, strawberry shortcake!!!! Wow the urge to go back to Epcot has just got sronger!!!

I just got to ride Space Ship Earth for the very first time back in October on my bussiness trip. Not only did I ride it once but three times!!! I too attempted to get some good pictures. A very hard task indeed!

While there is something special about the Magic Kingdom, but overall EPCOT is my favorite park so I could definitely spend a lot of time there. I think if we lived locally I would be there at least once a week, even if just to get a bite to eat.

haha - see, you get it ... the lure of the food at EPCOT is strong!

Wow - guess you liked SSE! There is a lot to see on it so I can see wanting to ride it multiple times. Is very hard to get good pictures with a regular camera at least.

Your meets and greets with both Belle and Snow white look very enjoyable. Sooo much fun for the kids and to let you in on a little secret I am now hooked on meets and greets!!!

The desert from L'Artisan looks to die for!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE the oictures of Disney On Ice!!! I would love to go see that. May have to talk the boys into going.

It is so easy to get hooked on meet and greets! We've been fortunately to have had quite a few good ones - where the characters really try to interact with the kids which is good

The ice cream brioche sandwich from L'Artisan was really good - definitely something to keep in mind for your next trip.

OR just go see Disney on Ice by yourself! :goodvibes

As I stated before I love the meets and greets but I have to say Tink was one of my favorites. More so because of the room then her though. I nearly got kicked out because I spent sooooo much time looking at the detail of that room!!! Was this the first time your kids met her?

Got to love your Space Ranger pics!!! You look sooooo serious:rotfl:

I see I have one other item to add to my list and that is the Mickey Ice Cream Cones!! They look so good and really cute as well. I did get a chuckle out of your family pick at the castle. Boy do I feel your pain. Trying to get everyone to smile in the heat of a long day with kids can be very hard.

The room for Tink's meet is really cool and even the effect they do at the beginning to "shrink" you is cute. Definitely a lot to check out in the room.

Hey, and ride that has scoring involved is serious business! ;)

It can be hard to get everyone smiling and looking at the camera, etc. ... and then the more you push the more agitated the get and at some point you just have to say "well, that's as good as we are going to get" I think we got at least one decent one and many other good ones throughout the trip so really can't complain.

I just love your Ariel pictures!!! She looked perfect!!!! How fun for the kido's

The little Mermaid ride is actually one of my favorites. Although I never did try it with an infant.

So sad when everyone gets to there last day. I am curious on how you family will handle the "Disney Blues" as I like to call it.

WOW so sorry for being long winded. Been gone way to long this time!

As Rob said, Ariel is perfect, can't really argue. She was great with the kids, really was quite happy with it!

We enjoy Ariel's ride too - I think if we just had been more prepared for the transfer it would have been a little different but since we didn't need to for Nemo we figured we wouldn't have to for Ariel's as well, but that isn't the case

I think we are coping ok with the Disney blues - doing this trip report and stuff has helped. Harder part will be that we likely won't be going back next year - but will try to make the DIS Hershey meet-up in June at least to get some of a Disney fix in.

Huh, I had no idea there was a Rainy Day Cavalcade either! I'm sorry that you missed the Festival of Fantasy Parade for it, but glad you got to see something new! :thumbsup2 In fact, I would say that's Izzy's kind of parade - short and brimming with characters! :rotfl:

How great that you had such a nice CM helping your girls out! :goodvibes For what it's worth, if you ever find yourself at Aulani, we were impressed at how great the CMs were, in general. I don't think there were any bad apples there.

Mmmm, I like Olivia's chocolate float idea! :thumbsup2

Sad the trip is almost over, but looking forward to the video!

Yeah, it was a bit of mixed feeling for me as I actually have really wanted to see the rainy day parade ... just wished it wasn't instead of our first viewing of Festival of Fantasy! Oh well. At least it isn't like the FoF is a special/temporary thing, I have a feeling it will be around for a while.

It does have a feel of like a mini version of the opening show or the Steamboat Willie part of Fantasmic with all the characters crammed together so it was cute and very catchy music, etc. Just rather short ...... and not quite what I expect the Festival of Fantasy parade to be :rotfl2:

She was quite happy with her chocolate milk float and felt like she was fitting in where her mother and I so it was cute. :goodvibes

Yeah, feels like the last day or so went quick, but is what it is - I've enjoyed writing the report while I could. Am hoping to get the video before Thanksgiving ... so everyone can gather the extended family around the computer and watch it :lmao:

Wow, seems like you guys got a lot done on departure day!

Great pics of you all in your Mickey attire. Definitely frame- worthy.

Dole whips are my favorite!

I know the feeling about the FOF parade! I wish Kimberly would have been there to cheer me up. Lol! How sweet!

Yeah, I think we got a bit more done on our last day that I thought - I think partly because we got done a bunch of the "must dos" on our first MK day so we were kinda just doing what we felt like and had minimal wait or we could get a FP+ for

Aw thank you! I think for all the stress/etc. that one is a pretty decent pictures ... quite a few others I didn't post that were less than decent :rotfl2:

Gotta love a good Dole Whip and that they are basically really just associated with Disney World (unless you go to Hawaii) that makes them extra special to me.

Very happy to have the experience with the Cast Member - so definitely a silver lining to the whole situation :goodvibes

All right, it's time for me to try to get caught up after being on vacation! Here I go!

Woah, your house mitt collapse! That's serious business. I will remember the moral of the story and not buy a house that's 130 years old.

We're going to see Big Hero 6 on Thanksgiving! I'm excited.

Yeah, the whole benefit to eating at the Garden Grill is definitely the spinning around Living With the Land scenario. It's my favorite part!

Dude, I've for real been doing the butter and honey thing forever! And everyone always looked at me like I was crazy! Always goes on my rolls.

Those cupcake cones are too cute!

Epcot sucks me in every time when it comes to food. There is so much to choose from, I can never justify doing a particular restaurant every time.

I have never actually seen any of the Disney on Ice productions, and I was a huge ice skating fan when I was a kid. Crazy, I know.

Someday you will get to see the mirror at Enchanted Tales my friend. Someday.

Wow, that is an impressive score with Peter spinning you guys away!

Hahahaha, excellent choice of gif. I miss Don't Trust the B in Apartment 23.

That chicken and waffle sandwich does look lovely. And I could imagine it was difficult to eat in the rain with kids running around. Kids and rain, right?

Oh my god, that Daisy and Minnie high ten is perfect!

How nice of Kimberly to do that for Judi and Emma! And to cheer Olivia up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter