It's gonna take a lot to take me away from this view! 7/10 - Finished!

Joining in. We were there the same time you were. Looking forward to hearing how your trip went.

Subscribing! Can't wait to follow along! :lovestruc
:welcome: So glad to have you along!

Following along! :)
:welcome:

I'm here, too!

I've never stayed at AKL so excited to read this.
:welcome: and I hope I do some justice to AKL, this was my first stay there!

Yay!! I'm so excited for this TR!
:welcome: thanks for coming!!

Yay!!!!! I'm here.
Hi Danielle!! :welcome: aboard!

Joining in. We were there the same time you were. Looking forward to hearing how your trip went.
:welcome: Are you writing a report? If so I'd love to read it!

Yes indeed. Let's start the story! Get the boring stuff out of the way.

I am Wendy.

299270_10150325991882989_1397598941_n.jpg

I am married to Johnny.

309866_10150487970204465_331170808_n.jpg

More information is available here. We have furkids who you can read about here. (I recommend that. I'll be talking about them a lot. :lmao: ) If you want to read the whole back story in the PTR, that's found here.

tumblr_ld61imu9Bj1qax2mfo1_500.gif

Alternate titles for this TR included "The trip that almost killed me -- but was still worth it!" and "Sufferin' Safari" among other similar titles. You see, on my last day there I came down with a horrible flu? Cold? Something awful that I'm still battling. I've had antibiotics and my left ear has been plugged for two full weeks. I realized though that those titles only describe the last day and the post-trip so I scrapped them. That's also why the TR took me so long to start!

url

We live far from Disney so travel days are long and incredibly boring. I won't go into detail. You wouldn't like it.

url

Also I have hardly any pictures from the journey.

Monday, November 11

It all started early Monday morning.

1bcf02e82336984af7a1c51f21ab93d5.jpg

[Facebook: Check in]

1457760_10151800393142989_2086897045_n.jpg

"On our way! — with Johnny at JA Douglas McCurdy Sydney Airport. "

Leg one: Sydney - Halifax -- no issues. Smooth flight.

Leg two: Halifax - Toronto -- very rough, very motion sick. Ick.

In Toronto:

[Text: To Mom]

"Check it, iPads at every table at our gate:

667A5177-53AA-4218-A2D8-69886E894B79.jpg

They're for a restaurant next to us and fairly restricted, just a few games, but still fun."

Leg three: Toronto - Orlando -- Good flight. Watched "Now You See Me" - good movie!

Found DME no problem, didn't get lost. :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Were put in an empty line and got very excited when we saw this:

IMG_0519.jpg

Straight onto a nearly full bus and left within 2 minutes. Now that's what I call service!

While watching the new DME video, there was a little girl at the back of our bus who excitedly yelled "Mickey!!" every time Mickey was on the video. It was so adorable!

Art of Animation was our first stop. We got a little wistful thinking of last year.

Pop Century was next. We got a little wistful thinking of each year before that.

It was roughly 8:00 when we arrived at Jambo House. There was no line to check in at online check in (which of course I had completed) so we went right up. We were going smoothly through the process, the CM was excited to see our red and green Magic Bands! Then she said "So I have two adults in a savannah view room..."

And time stopped.

tumblr_lsig79Wfum1qafrh6.gif

Johnny looked at me, fit to burst.

tumblr_m3tz8sSQJA1qgf1i8o1_500.gif

tumblr_m140xot7lx1rn95k2o1_500.gif

"Shut up, shut up, shut up!" I said to him "Do not jinx it!"

You see, we didn't book a savannah view room. We booked a pool view room. We went along with her. We took our Magic Bands and set off to find our room.

We found it.

IMG_0523.jpg

[Facebook: Check in]

1463874_10151801844927989_1188992796_n.jpg

"Oh baby, we got upgraded. Savannah view!!! — with Johnny at Animal Kingdom Lodge. "

We went out to look but it was too dark to see what animals we might be seeing. I FaceTime'd my mother to show her our room. We then set out for The Mara! We got good and lost until we figured out that you have to go outside to get there. We got our refill mugs (green for Johnny, purple for me) Johnny was hungry so he got a pepperoni flatbread. I shared a few bites. When I remembered that good Diser's take photos of their food before eating, it was much too late.

IMG_0525.jpg

Hey, I tried! Take my word for it, it was really good. Then onto a Dis ledgend I had yet to ever try:

[Instagram]

936027_10151801943227989_1500328550_n.jpg

"Finally tried #ZebraDomes for the first time. I understand the hype now! #AnimalKingdomLodge #WaltDisneyWorld #TheMara"

Wow... those things are incredible!

We got back to our room and our luggage was already there. Score! We both showered (ouch! Too much water pressure for me!) and we were going to watch Star Trek on Netflix on my iPad since we've been sort of on a roll lately, but we found Star Trek: First Contact on TV! While Johnny got that set up, I dug through the suitcase for my tripod and set about seeing just what I could see with a camera and a long shutter...

At that moment I decided this was going to be our best trip ever.

Ummmm adorable :) you're intro very funny and entertaining, but that line right there.... It's pure awesomeness. I believe we all have these moments. They are pure awesomeness no matter where it happens. :love: (hoping that's the right emoticon because I'm on my ipad guessing!)

And the view...... Soooooo amazing!!!

:welcome: aboard! So glad you're here!
(And who doesn't love a little splash of Toto, am I right? :rotfl:

Very happy to be here! And a very underrated band, in my opinion!!

Leg two: Halifax - Toronto -- very rough, very motion sick. Ick.

Boo :(

Leg three: Toronto - Orlando -- Good flight. Watched "Now You See Me" - good movie!

One of my favorite movies from this year!!!! And YAY for a better flight!!!

Then she said "So I have two adults in a savannah view room..."

YAYAYAYAY!!!!
Oh my goodness, sooo awesome for you!!!! pixiedust: (I'm thinking that probably won't happen when I check in at All Star Movies? :lmao:

:goodvibes

So glad the majority of the trip was amazing and that the getting sick part at the end didn't ruin it for you.

I have a trip to The Mara tentatively scheduled on my DAK day... do you think it's worth leaving the park to go there for lunch?

What an awesome surprise upgrade! I love love love AKL!

Jill in CO

I think the best trip ever started with the iPads at the Toronto airport. Yeah - I could see them here in Philadelphia. Not! :rotfl2:

After such a long day of travel I am glad you were rewarded with such a fabulous upgrade. That view is awesome and the fact that you got a night time picture of it is even better. :thumbsup2

Sorry you got sick at the end of your trip. I really hope you are feeling much, much better now.

What an awesome upgrade!! I can only wish and hope that we'll get some pixie dust in January at AKL! We're booked for a Savannah Room so an upgrade would be.....the club level? That would be so awesome. I can dream. :rotfl:

And you watched Star Trek all the way at Disney! :worship:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter