• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

It's been 549 days but we are finally home! ~ an August '21 birthday celebration! New PTR link 01/02

We were so excited to head out to Animal Kingdom this morning! It is hands down my favourite park with it's immersive details. I always find something new each time I am there. We had decided against going with the crowds into Pandora and started our morning at Expedition Everest instead. EE was a walk on and so much fun! No better way to start off the day!

Agree with all of this! What a great way to start the day!

This was amazing especially with a great view of the tigers and a lovely relaxing time in the aviary.

Love this trail, especially the aviary. We always end up sitting on one of the benches in there for a while every time we visit!

I managed to convince Jack that going to see "Feathered Friends in Flight" would be a good idea. He was initially skeptical but after the show was over, looked at me and said "Mom, the bird show is the best show!" Success!

That is awesome! That really is a great show!

Then I spied one of the boats coming by with Minnie and Mickey in their safari gear. Of course I had to do what any mother would and totally embarrass Jack by running back to the bridge and calling out to them.

:rotfl: I can totally see my mom doing this to me back in the day. Years ago I would have been so embarrassed, but these days I'd be running over with her!

Love this trail, especially the aviary. We always end up sitting on one of the benches in there for a while every time we visit!
Same here! It is just so tranquil and relaxing in there. :)
:rotfl: I can totally see my mom doing this to me back in the day. Years ago I would have been so embarrassed, but these days I'd be running over with her!
Jack was mortified but I didn't care...character meets (even in their modified form) are my jam!

IMG_9081.jpeg

Love your outfit! I'm a big fan of the Rescue Rangers.

Coming off the safari, we headed on the the Gorilla Falls trail and had the pleasure of seeing the latest baby gorilla.

We missed the trail on our last trip. I was the only one who wanted to go. I'm hoping to get a redo next month.

I always love the walkway by Nomad's Lounge. It's so pretty!

Totally agree!

Then I spied one of the boats coming by with Minnie and Mickey in their safari gear. Of course I had to do what any mother would and totally embarrass Jack by running back to the bridge and calling out to them.

I love these and would certainly embarrass my kids too.

No better way to start off the day!

I agree! Nothing better than EE on a bright and sunny AK day. :goodvibes

o sweet! I really wanted to go to FoLK but Jack was not having it as he informed me he doesn't do shows.

Aw, that's a bummer. But I understand, as a mom, you have to go with the kids' interests.

"Mom, the bird show is the best show!" Success!

Yay! Glad he enjoyed the show. Makes up for skipping FotLK.

An easy request to make when mom is footing the bill, right???

Now isn't that the truth...:rolleyes::laughing:
Alex tried to pull that same stunt with his mother when we went back last summer. He ordered a massive entree at a dinner, and I looked at him and said, "you only ordered that because this is your mom's treat."
I have no doubt my day's coming.

Love your outfit! I'm a big fan of the Rescue Rangers.
Thank you so much! Love Chip and Dale!
We missed the trail on our last trip. I was the only one who wanted to go. I'm hoping to get a redo next month.
The trails are one of my favourite things at AK. Hope you get to go on your next trip!
Aw, that's a bummer. But I understand, as a mom, you have to go with the kids' interests.
Even when the "kid" is 21! :rotfl:A happy Jack made travel days much smoother.
Yay! Glad he enjoyed the show. Makes up for skipping FotLK.
He really loved it! I know he would have enjoyed FoLK if he had have given it a chance.
Now isn't that the truth...:rolleyes::laughing:
Alex tried to pull that same stunt with his mother when we went back last summer. He ordered a massive entree at a dinner, and I looked at him and said, "you only ordered that because this is your mom's treat."
I have no doubt my day's coming.
I definitely went over budget my food and drinks but it was worth it. Who knows when we will ever have a trip together again. Jack is already in 4th year university (one more to go as he switched programs) and then he could be living anywhere depending on where he finds work. Time is going by so quickly!

Sushi or no sushi?

Returning from an amazing morning at AK, we decided to pop by Boardwalk Bakery for a little snack. I am obsessed with the coconut macaroons and was happy to find them on the menu, Jack went for a massive chocolate chip cookie and we were both very happy with our choices.
IMG_9100.jpeg
My snack lasted about 4 days but Jack inhaled his cookie. We headed to the pool for a refreshing dip before settling in on the patio with a beverage. After relaxing for a while, we showered and changed for the evening. Our plans were to hit up Kimonos at the Swan for sushi but first thought we would check out Bellevue Lounge.

As I was rocking my Disney Dress Shoppe Aristocats dress this evening, I decided a matching pink drink was in order. I went with the Belle Vue Cosmopolitan (Belvedere Vodka, Grand Marnier, and Cranberry Juice). It was the perfect choice!
IMG_9101.jpeg
See, pink meets pink!
IMG_9106.jpeg
Jack went for the Ultimate Long Island Iced Tea (Bacardi Superior Rum, Tito's Handmade Vodka, Hendrick's, Cointreau, and Sweet-and-Sour with a splash of Coca-Cola) which he thoroughly enjoyed.
IMG_9102.jpeg
We met a lovely couple from Buffalo who were felloe DVC members as well as Disboard members. So Denise and Rob, it was awesome meeting you and I wish I had have written your user name down as well. Poor Jack was wondering when I would stop chatting to you two, lol!

We paid our bill and headed across the Boardwalk to the Swan. Of course I had to take advantage of the beautiful scenery and take a photo.
IMG_9107.jpeg
And one in my favourite DDS dress......
IMG_9108.jpeg
We entered the Swan and quickly found the restaurant access corridor. We were both salivating at the thought of a delicious sushi meal and were so excited to get to the doors of Kimonos. The only thing was...they were closed!! The website had not said anything about reduced hours but unfortunately they were only open Friday through Sunday at this time. We were SO disappointed and more than a little hangry. We walked back across the bridge and ended up settling for dinner at Big River Grille. I went for the Cobb salad and a beer while Jack had a burger. The food was fine, if uninspired, but definitely not what we had hoped for.
IMG_9111.jpeg
After finishing up, we decided the only thing that would cheer us up was going on Tower of Terror. While we had a longer than expected wait, it was a lot of fun and we were happy with the end of our day.
IMG_9112.jpeg
Up next....a fabulous breakfast and more F&W fun!

Catching up! First let me say before I forget that you looked adorable on your AK day :D But then you always look adorable! And that really stinks about Kimonos, when we went to Il Mulino last week we noticed the sign on Kimono's with the reduced hours so that hasn't changed yet unfortunately.

. Imagine our excitement when we secured group 84! Yay! We were high fiving and hugging.....I may or may not have been jumping up and down. This put a whole new spin on our day!
Yay! OMG my boys would have walked out of the room right then if I hugged them though :rotfl2:
aseline Tap House. I love, love, love this spot! We waited about 15 minutes for a table and soon ordered up the Charcuterie board, the pretzel and some drinks.
We have only been here once sadly but loved it as well! I keep trying to get it to "fit" in our day when at HS!
Jack was not having it as he informed me he doesn't do shows.
Oh Jack, I'm really enjoying his comments between this and the no qs!

Catching up! First let me say before I forget that you looked adorable on your AK day :D But then you always look adorable! And that really stinks about Kimonos, when we went to Il Mulino last week we noticed the sign on Kimono's with the reduced hours so that hasn't changed yet unfortunately.
Aww, thank you! I love having fun with Disney outfits. :) We did manage to make it back over to the Swan later in the trip.
Yay! OMG my boys would have walked out of the room right then if I hugged them though :rotfl2:
My boys are used to their crazy mama... Jack is definitely the affectionate one. Stuart and Jamie not so much!
We have only been here once sadly but loved it as well! I keep trying to get it to "fit" in our day when at HS!
Definitely worth fitting in! We loved it so much. :goodvibes
Oh Jack, I'm really enjoying his comments between this and the no qs!
Oh it gets better......wait until you hear what he had to say about California Grill.
Perfect in Pink!
Thank you!
Oh no!!! How disappointing!
Spoiler alert, we did make it back over there later in the trip.

Sushi or no sushi?
I'm not sure I like where this is headed...

Oh this looks so good. Will have to make a mental note to try one when we stay at the BW in December. I love a good macaroon and Disney never seems to have a lot of them. Heck no one does.

See, pink meets pink!
IMG_9106.jpeg
Loving the whole ensemble and the pink vibe! Impressive your mask is matching too

he only thing was...they were closed!! The website had not said anything about reduced hours but unfortunately they were only open Friday through Sunday at this time.
Oh no!!!! When we stayed at the Swan in June we walked by almost daily and I don't think we ever saw them open. What a bummer. When you have your heart set on sushi there really is nothing else that can satisfy you.

After finishing up, we decided the only thing that would cheer us up was going on Tower of Terror. While we had a longer than expected wait, it was a lot of fun and we were happy with the end of our day.
Sounds like fun. What a great way to turn the night around

I'm not sure I like where this is headed...
Me either......
Oh this looks so good. Will have to make a mental note to try one when we stay at the BW in December. I love a good macaroon and Disney never seems to have a lot of them. Heck no one does.
This was amazing and so rich. The dark chocolate on the bottom complemented the coconut perfectly.
Loving the whole ensemble and the pink vibe! Impressive your mask is matching too
Thank you! I've always been a girly girl but I swear being a mama of three sons has made me even more so!
Oh no!!!! When we stayed at the Swan in June we walked by almost daily and I don't think we ever saw them open. What a bummer. When you have your heart set on sushi there really is nothing else that can satisfy you.
Right??? Just writing this update made me crave sushi. Guess what we're doing for dinner tonight???
Sounds like fun. What a great way to turn the night around
It really was. :)

As I was rocking my Disney Dress Shoppe Aristocats dress this evening, I decided a matching pink drink was in order. I went with the Belle Vue Cosmopolitan (Belvedere Vodka, Grand Marnier, and Cranberry Juice). It was the perfect choice!

I love this!! Your dress is so cute!! I love their dresses!! Do you wear it other than when at Disney? Just curious...I think I would. I have a Disney blouse that has Cinderella images on it but unless you look closely you can't really tell what they are. I like wearing that because only Disney lovers realize what it is!

I went for the Cobb salad and a beer while Jack had a burger. The food was fine, if uninspired, but definitely not what we had hoped for.

That salad actually looks really good...but totally get it...you were dreaming of sushi...:(

I love this!! Your dress is so cute!! I love their dresses!! Do you wear it other than when at Disney? Just curious...I think I would. I have a Disney blouse that has Cinderella images on it but unless you look closely you can't really tell what they are. I like wearing that because only Disney lovers realize what it is!
Oooh, where did you get your Cinderella blouse? That sounds so pretty! I tend to prefer my Disney wear a little more subtle so I would choose dresses like Tiki Room, Dole Whip or Small World to wear in real life. Although I do carry a Disney purse every day (either Dooney and Bourke or Loungefly depending which one of my collection is getting an airing that month). I will be going full out Disney next Saturday as there is an event in Hamilton next Saturday (pin trading, vendors etc.) Are you around? It should be fun!
That salad actually looks really good...but totally get it...you were dreaming of sushi...:(
The salad was good. It just wasn't the meal I was hoping for. Although we are doing a sushi date tonight!

Love your matching pink dress and drink! The perfect accompaniment to a lovely dress. :goodvibes

Aw man. There's nothing more disappointing than when you have your heart set on a specific meal and can't get it. Nothing holds up after that. Glad you could end the night on a positive note, though, with Tower or Terror.

Love your matching pink dress and drink! The perfect accompaniment to a lovely dress. :goodvibes

Aw man. There's nothing more disappointing than when you have your heart set on a specific meal and can't get it. Nothing holds up after that. Glad you could end the night on a positive note, though, with Tower or Terror.
Thanks so much Alexis! We were super disappointed that we couldn't get Kimonos that night. Happily we were able to fit it on later in the week. :)

I will be going full out Disney next Saturday as there is an event in Hamilton next Saturday (pin trading, vendors etc.) Are you around? It should be fun!

The Cinderella dress is from Kohl's I think? They often have some cute Disney stuff. That Hamilton event sounds like fun. I will be in Boston with my son though! One day hope to make it to one of these!

I am obsessed with the coconut macaroons
I’ll pass on that one.
Jack went for a massive chocolate chip cookie
That’s more my speed :)
Our plans were to hit up Kimonos at the Swan for sushi
That sounds good!
Might have to put that on my list.
See, pink meets pink!
Very nice!
Nice shot of you
Poor Jack was wondering when I would stop chatting to you two, lol!
:laughing:

The only thing was...they were closed!!
Oh no!
The food was fine, if uninspired, but definitely not what we had hoped for.
At least it wasn’t bad.

The Cinderella dress is from Kohl's I think? They often have some cute Disney stuff. That Hamilton event sounds like fun. I will be in Boston with my son though! One day hope to make it to one of these!
Have the best time in Boston with C!
That’s more my speed :)
You can never go wrong with a yummy chocolate chip cookie!
Very nice!
Nice shot of you
Thank you!
That sounds good!
Might have to put that on my list.
We did make it back there later in the week. Review coming up soon. :)
At least it wasn’t bad.
It was fine. It's just when you want sushi, you want sushi. ::yes::

Why yes, I do want chocolate for breakfast!

Our plans for this morning were to head over to Ale and Compass at the Yacht Club for breakfast. We were moving resorts today, so finished packing up the room and loaded the car before heading over. The Yacht Club is one of my favourite resorts and I hadn't been there since their recent refresh. I have to say I was very disappointed with the lobby now. It looked like they picked up some clearance carpets and threw them on the floors. It used to be so understated and elegant there. I did like the refurbishment of the restaurant though and was happy to see they were spacing out tables well to maintain social distancing. Our waitress was lovely and we were soon perusing the menu to make our choices. I went for the cold brew coffee to start as recommended by my lovely friend @JennySanders. This did not disappoint!
IMG_9114.jpeg

Jack went for a glass of fresh squeezed orange juice and settled on the American breakfast with sausage for his meal (Two Eggs-Any Style served with Breakfast Potatoes and choice of Sausage or Bacon). I thought it looked really good but my fussy 21 year old was not enthused.
IMG_9115.jpeg

I knew exactly what I was going for and ordered the Dark Chocolate Waffle (
Dried Cherry Compote, Espresso-Mascarpone Cream, Chocolate Shavings, and choice of Sausage or Bacon) with bacon as my side. This was pure decadence. The waffle itself was not sweet, rather slightly bitter with a rich cocoa taste. This was balanced perfectly by the dried cherry compote and the mascarpone cream. I was in breakfast heaven and the only disappointment was that I couldn't manage to eat all three!

IMG_9116.jpeg

After breakfast, we headed to Epcot. I loved how easy it was to drive from the resort and we were soon admiring the beautiful new entrance. Of course, I had to wear my Epcot inspired dress and bubblegum wall ears for the occasion!
IMG_9122.jpeg
Our first stop was the Seas to see our beloved manatees. Jack has loved manatees since he was a little boy and even thought about becoming a marine biologist at one point. We spent about an hour wandering through the exhibits and watching the manatees swim. It was so perfect and relaxing.
IMG_9123.jpeg
No visit to Epcot is complete without Living on the Land so we headed there next. Both of us really enjoyed this.
IMG_9126.jpeg
I had thought maybe we could go and ride Soarin again as the wait was only about 20 minutes but Jack is an one and done guy with rides and wanted to head to Food and Wine instead. So we headed out of the Land and were lucky enough to spot Joy out and about. I loved these spontaneous character sightings!
IMG_9131.jpeg

* continued in next post *

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter