It's All Their Fault!

MdmMim

DIS Veteran
Well, after a few years of enjoying my DVC membership, spoiling myself on solo trips for the most part--DH, DS, and DD are learning that WDW isn't such a drag after all.

DS has learned that the BWV are not that far from Daytona. I made him a ressie for Feb.

DD, who once enjoyed an occasional visit, is now becoming more and more enthralled with the place. ("Got any points left, Mom?") I made her a ressie for Jan.

DH decided the F&W fest might be something he'd like to check out--ressie made for Oct. (Daytona for him, too.)

So where does this leave ME? Thinking about adding on once again! I was totally content with my current point situation, but things have changed. I still need MY time, but I guess I really don't mind sharing with my family. ;)

I will be at the World next month and plan to view the SSR models. Can anyone tell me where they are located? Not sure if SSR is right for us, as the real Saratoga is about 40 minutes away from home, but it can't hurt to look.

I own at the BCV and BWV--would love to add on at the BW. I may look at a resale.

Here I go again!! I tried to be good and stay away from the add-ons!! ;)

You may want to call and see if there are BWV pts available in your use year. I've read that there are a few pts in a few different use years left-might be easier to do a small add on directly through Disney.

I just realized that I don't know where the SSR models are. I think they are at BWV. I know someone here knows for sure.

Sounds like you are getting good use out of your membership.:D

MdmMim,
It's not your fault.
I keep telling people about the serious drawbacks of owning a piece of the DVC, but do they listen, NO!
Point #1: Family and friends that suddenly NEED to go to the world, and of course, would like to use your points. Once they start, it never stops. They plan vacations for you. It just snowballs. And you have no choice, you cant be mean, so you say, "sure, have some points", before you know, they are addicted--and blame you.
Point #2: Addonitis -- it is contagious and all over these boards. Now to justify adding on, you say you "are doing it for those you love." Lame excuse to add on. But, the only known cure, as I have said before, is to send DVC all of your money and take as many points as you can.
So, for all of you out there considering buying DVC, let this be a lesson and reconsider. And for those who already bought, but have realized the error of your ways, sell now. (Preferably to MdmMim or myself).
(Hope this scares them away--more points for us)
:teeth: :tongue:
And good luck with the add on!

I love it! Rent them the points and eventually they will buy their own to save money :) Or at least their rental payments will fund your add-ons :teeth:

Are you at least getting to go with them on any of those trips? Watch out- it looks like that add-on bug is biting you again;)

The SSR models are at the DVC Sales Center on the BW next to Jellyrolls.

Once completed, the new DVC sales center will be found at SSR and the old models and offices will be converted to BWV rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter